To get function in edit text in a GUI

Hi,
I designed a gui which has an edit text. I want to write some
funcitions (((for example:1+heaviside(i-10)))) and get this function
into calculation.
How can I get this from edit text?

0
l_seyfi (1)
1/27/2005 12:20:41 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 208588 articles. 8 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Similar artilces about - To get function in edit text in a GUI:

FAQ - Etiquette
There are several FAQs about the Oracle database scattered around the Internet, and many ways of finding answers to the simpler questions about Oracle very quickly. The following list is a suggestion of where you might find answers to questions that you feel should have an easy answer. The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The archive for this news group http://www.google.com select the GROUPS tab then work through the list to comp -> databases -> oracle A search engine for searching the manuals for current versions...

How to get a vendor to listen to you
I don't know how much of this is true or just conjecture, but it does paint an interesting picture about how to get support for a platform, despite political repercussions. Yousuf Khan http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12797 ...

exportfig() function's incorrect behavior.
Hello users, Here is my problem. I am using the exportfig() function to save a figure window in eps2 format. The figure window contains a 3x3 arrangement of subplots where the subplots with indices (3,3,1) and (3,3,7) have two modified color schemes different than the figure window's default. Although all is originally fine and as intended on the figure window, as exportfig() is executing the (3,3,1) and (3,3,7) subplots' color schemes go back to the default and the generated eps file has a uniform color scheme which is not what I intended to do. Any idea why this is happening and ...

Spammer getting through my NAT router?
I have a home network that I thought was pretty secure. It uses an old Macintosh running the NAT program IPNetRouter. Sometimes I use the FTP or web server function of IPNetRouter, but fortunately no one writes viruses for old out–of-date Macs these days and I have never had a problem. These are currently turned off. I am upstairs running Windows XP with ZoneAlarm Pro (mostly to check for anything I don’t know about going out). I was surprised to find a few rare cases of ICMP packets coming in from the outside and reaching my PC. Most of these were responses to pings initi...

Bully Scholarship Edition coming out in October
http://pc.ign.com/articles/900/900607p1.html Another one of the open world games, that originally came out for PS2 and then enhanced for X360 is heading for PC. At a $20-30 price point, this could be a great buy. -- Noman On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:51:54 -0700, noman <no_m_an@zzzyahoo.yycom> wrote: >http://pc.ign.com/articles/900/900607p1.html > >Another one of the open world games, that originally came out for PS2 >and then enhanced for X360 is heading for PC. > >At a $20-30 price point, this could be a great buy. About time too! I have been looking forward to this on...

Calling functions dynamically
Hi, I've written an application in C# that needs to be converted to VB6. It's all pretty straight-forward, except I have a method in a base class that is inherited into all derived classes that first checks to see if a method exists in the instantiated object, and if so, calls it. The C# code looks something like this: string methodName = "myMethod"; MethodInfo method = currentObject.GetType().GetMethod(methodName); if (method != null) // The method exists, fire it { object result = method.Invoke(o, null); Console.WriteLine(methodName + " = " + resul...

How to get combinations of a matrix
hello, I have R=[ 0 1 1 0 ] means 2 number are there and 4 places in R. I need 16 different R combinations. can anyone help me??? Thanks Ankur Ankur Garg wrote: > > > hello, > > I have R=[ 0 1 1 0 ] > means 2 number are there and 4 places in R. > > I need 16 different R combinations. > > can anyone help me??? > > Thanks > Ankur I'm not sure if I've understood your assignment properly, but this gives an interesting output that might be sort of what you want. str2num(reshape([reshape(dec2bin(0:15)',1,64); char(ones(1,64)*32)],8,16)') ...

explicitly adding text to bookmark
Hi, I am trying to add a bookmark to a PDF generated with PDFLATEX. Until now, I have just allowed the sections to automatically become bookmarks. However, I would now like to include some additional bookmarks that are not necessarily sections or that shouldn't appear in the table of contents. For example, a bookmark for the Title page and the Table of Contents itself. This should be donw within the class file, hidden from the user. A sample for the Table of Contents is included below. I would appreciate any help. Sincerely, Enda Ridge %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%...

How could I get two desktop Macs in two apartments of the same building to share the same contents?
How could I get two desktop Macs in two apartments of the same building to share the same contents, so that if I change the contents of one computer, the changes are reflected in the other computer? I would be the only person operating the computers. In both apartments I want to operate printers connected to the desktop Macs. I have an Airport Extreme and an Airport Express already hooked up to my existing Mac, so I'm wondering how I could extend my network into the second apartment, which is in a different apartment of the same building. Robert On 2013-03-18, Robert Montgo...

Calling a c function from ruby?
I'm having trouble calling a c function from ruby and haven't been able to find a solution using google. Specifically, I'd like to call functions that receive these three datatypes: char* char*[] byte[] Swig 1.3 has been great in helping me call a c++ function that uses a std::string parameter but the 3 c datatypes mentioned above are eluding me. Thanks. Well in C you only get VALUE. To get a char*, you use rb_str2cstr() to get the string and its length: myfunc(VALUE v) { char* pc = rb_str2cstr(v,NULL); } To get a char*[], you need to walk the array (passed in VALU...

Get the pid of a os.startfile(filename)
Hi to all, How can I get the Process ID (PID) of an application started because of os.startfile(filename)? Or, better, How can I get the PID of a running program, suposing I know the name of the running application? Many thanks. Daniel Hi ! With W2K or WXP : tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq exename.exe" And, with Python, how capture this information : def findPID(exename): import os a = os.popen4('tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq '+exename+'"') a[0].flush() try: info=a[1].readlines()[3].split() except: info=[exename...

I Keep Getting and "unknown database" error when I open my program that is using Flashfiler
Hi, I have been using AccuEvents for my entertainment company over the past= 6 years or so. I'm not very good working with this Flashfiler server, so = I try not to make changes. However, due to a problem with one of the compu= ters on my network tried to make changes for the software to work. Now I k= eep getting an "unknown database" error when I open up the software after I= 've started the server. I have gone both thru the tcpi/int and single serv= er steps, but it keeps coming back with "unknown database". Can someone he= lp me solve this? Al...

How to change GUI properties?
Dear all, I make a GUI with MATLAB Guide, and I want to change some component's properites when this GUI starts. For example, there is a pop-up menu and some other buttons, and when pop-up menu is equal to 1, and the buttons should be unvisible, and when pop-up menu is equal to 2, the buttons may be visible. I can make it in the call_back function of pop-up menu, as you know, when this GUI starts, pop-up menu has an initial value, so I want to visible or unvisible these buttons accroding to the value of pop-up menu. I try to resolve it in the function of figure1_CreateFcn, but failed, beca...

sort and get index?
In matlab, the sort function returns two things: [a,b]=sort([5, 8, 7]) a = 5 7 8 b = 1 3 2 where a is the sorted result, and b is the corresponding index. Is there C++ code available to achieve this? Better compatible with STL vector. Thanks "b83503104" <b83503104@yahoo.com> wrote... > In matlab, the sort function returns two things: > > [a,b]=sort([5, 8, 7]) > > a = 5 7 8 > b = 1 3 2 > > where a is the sorted result, and b is the corresponding index. > Is there C++ code available to achieve this? Probably. You co...

difference between chan gets / gets
Hi ! What difference between command chan gets and gets, chan puts and puts ? Many thanks ! serge_darin@mail.ru <serge_darin@mail.ru> wrote: > What difference between command chan gets and gets, chan puts and > puts ? They are supposed to be the same. puts is here for compatibility (and for those too lazy to write those extra 5 chars, like me), whereas chan is an attempt to have related functionality together in a single command. If you're old to tcl, you'll likely be used to top-level "puts", whereas if you're new to tcl, you're more likely to memo...

How to return variables from functions
Hello, I have written a function: function [L,U,t]=my_function(A). So L,U,t should be the output parametres. L and U are matrices, t is a scale. When I use my function it only returns t and L (but L as 'ans' only). How can I return those variables properly? Cheers Sma. "Alex " <smasal.here.no.spamplease@mail.com> wrote in message news:fhqstn$j7d$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > I have written a function: > > function [L,U,t]=my_function(A). > > So L,U,t should be the output parametres. > > L and U are matrices, t is a scale. >...

selecting elements of an array valued function
Hello, I am trying to use array-valued functions for the first time, and I have a problem. I would like to directly call an element from the results of the function, and I can't figure out the syntax. I have a rank-3 array valued function called dimensions() and I send it some derived data called panels. So I have the statement: dimensions(panels) Now, what if I want to specify the first element of this array? dimensions(panels)(1) isn't working and I've tried a few other permutations with parentheses and such. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? Thanks, Be...

Cannot get PiCTeX to process an example file.
Hi All, I bought the PiCTeX manual from PCTeX and copied the LaTeX code (see below) from page 71 of the manual. I guarantee there are no typos in my copying. I also bought the LaTeX CD from TeXnicCenter and use PiCTeX which came on that CD. When I run the code below through the LaTeX compiler from TeXnicCenter I get the errors: ! Undefined control sequence. <argument> \fiverm l.2566 \setplotsymbol({\fiverm .}) ! Undefined control sequence. <argument> \fiverm l.3102 \setshadesymbol ({\fiverm .}) ! Undefined control sequence. \ninepoint I have used TeXnicCent...

Question about transfer functions
I estimated a transfer function(hopefully) through blind deconvolution. This was calculated using a distorted original signal and a reference signal both of length 68000 samples. Now in the end the transfer function is 68000 samples as well. I want to deconvolve the original signal with this. But i have 68000 samples. How do i make more sense out of these samples to get about the actual deconvolution process? ...

getting rid of a while(1) "poll"
Typical problem where a while(1) consumes gobs of CPU. Not as straightforward (to me) to figure out how to replace it with something more CPU friendly. The overall system has three daemons: 1) suck_packets_d 2) first_order_packet_filter_and_packet_buffer_d 3) extract_interesting_packet_features_and_generate_report_d Using some sort of blocking calls in 1) or 2) seems like a bad idea, because packet volume can be high and I want to keep up with it as much as possible. I could use some help thinking this through if anyone is so inclined. C / Linux pseudocode for daemon (2) (biggest ...

[telecom] Woman allegedly records own arrest, gets accused of wiretapping
Woman allegedly records own arrest, gets accused of wiretapping Massachusetts wiretapping law prohibits secretly recording police. by David Kravets May 11 2014 Ars Technica A Massachusetts woman faces charges of allegedly using a hidden mobile phone to audio-record her own suspicion-of-disorderly-conduct arrest. .... http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/woman-allegedly-records-own-arrest-gets-accused-of-wiretapping/ Per Monty Solomon: >Massachusetts wiretapping law prohibits secretly recording police. Can somebody explain the rationale for such laws? -- P...

Accessing Parameters in C-S-Functions
Hello all! I want to create a C-S-Function which is supposed to use a Block-Parameter. Unfortunatly I have no experience using Parameters in C-S-Functions. Does anyone know how a Paramter is defined and accessed in a C-S-Function? Thanks a lot! PS: I am aware of that I am posting a C-related question in a MATLAB-forum. But as I use C for building S-Functions in MATLAB, I think it's legitimate to pose such a question here. Assuming you are starting with the template, look for the line: ssSetNumSFcnParams(S, 0); /* Number of expected parameters */ Change the 2nd input to the...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

parameters of an sigmoidal function
I would like to fit a sigmoidal curve to a data set. I know that my sigmoidal function is in the form: f(x) = 1 / (1 + exp(a*(b + x))) How can I figure out the parameters a and b that make the sigmodial curve best fit my dataset using matlab? Any help is greatly appreciated.. Mutlu wrote: > > > I would like to fit a sigmoidal curve to a data set. I know that > my > sigmoidal function is in the form: > > f(x) = 1 / (1 + exp(a*(b + x))) > > How can I figure out the parameters a and b that make the sigmodial > curve best fit my dataset using matlab? > > Any...

dynamically created functions?
def self.developer_options(*args) fetch_options({'area'=>'developers','index' => args.first}) end def self.priority_options(*args) fetch_options({'area'=>'priority','index' => args.first}) end def self.status_options(*args) fetch_options({'area'=>'status','index' => args.first}) end is there anyway to dynamically create methods with a specific name ? ie: create methods which are def self.??????_options(*args) fetch_options({'area'=>'?????','index'...