Transfer 'text' from edit text box of GUI1 to uitable (specific cell A1) of GUI

Good day! I would like to ask on how to transfer the 'text' entered by the user on GUI's edit box to a specific cell on GUI2's uitable.

So far, what I have already done is to save the 'text' from the edit box to an excel file however the 'text' is save one character per cell on the spreadsheet (meaning that when the user typed 'Name', it then saves it on excel with this format: A1: 'N', A2: 'a', A3: 'm', A4: 'e')

I have used the following codes:
txt = get(handles.edit1, 'string');
xlswrite('Database.xls',txt,1,'A1');

Three of my concerns are the following:

How can I save the 'text' in a single cell on excel so I can just retrieve the 'text' from excel and transfer it to the uitable of GUI2?

How can I retrieve 'text' from excel to display it on the uitable since changing the data properties of the specific column of the uitable to 'Text' doesn't work? and

How can I simply display the 'text' entered by the user on the edit text box (GUI1) to specific uitable (GUI2) with/without passing through excel?
0
Mary

Copy text from edit text box on MATLAB GUI to specific cell on an excel file
Good day! I would like to copy or transfer the text from an edit box on MATLAB GUI (via push button) to a specific cell on an excel file. Can you suggest on how to accomplish this one or even cite sample codes? If this is not possible, can you suggest anything on how to allow the user to input texts using the MATLAB GUI (via push button) and automatically transfer the texts to a specific cell on excel? It is preferable to have the texts copied/stored to the excel file without opening the actual excel file. Thank you so much. "Mary Requilman" <maryrose.requilman@gmail....

'GUI-Edit text ui control'-Way to detect mouse click in the edit text
Hi I am designing a graphical user interface. I have an edit text box. I would like that when a user double clicks inside the text box a new window open up with the options of inserting the text, else user can himself enter the text from the keyboard. The problem is that I am struggling to find a way to detect the mouse click inside the text box. I know about 'keypressfcn' but I suppose that does not check the mouse click. Please help me in this regard. Thank you in advace. Sumit "Olivier " <sumit.iitkgp@gmail.com> wrote in message <hq6ca7$r79$1@fred.mathwork...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

fprintf['text' vector 'text' vector]???
Hello, Could someone tell me how I can print this using fprintf, I probably missed an insturction somewhere: DE = [ 0.5000 0.7000 0.9000; 2.0000 3.0000 4.0000 ]; > CHECK) With A = 0.5 0.7 0.9 and B 2 3 4 using fprintf in one line. Right now this is what I do: fid = fopen ('test.txt', 'w'); fprintf(fid,'DE = [ ') fprintf(fid,'%6.4f',A) fprintf(fid,'; ') fprintf(fid,'%6.4f',B) fprintf(fid,' ]; > CHECK)') fclose(fid); Seems kind of exaggerated. I was hoping to end up with something like: fid = fopen (...

Controlling the text in plot 'xyz' title 'text'

How to draw text as Matlab does for 'Az' & 'El'
Hello all: I would like to know the method to draw text on Figure in the similar as Matlab does for displaying the value of 'Az' & 'El'. For example: >> surf(peaks(35)) >> view(3) Then, I click the 'Rotate 3D' toolbutton. Wheneve I move my mouse, the Matlab automatically updates and display the current 'Az' & 'El' on the left bottom of the current Figure. Is it possible I could display the text in the same way as Matlab does? Thank you very much! -Daniel ...

Vertical alinement of text in a GUI 'static text' object
Hi to all, I have problems to verticaly aline text in GUI's 'static text' objects. For example, if the height of the 'static text' is set to 25 pixels and the font size to 12 the text is not verticaly centerd. While there is a property for horizontal alinement, I found no such property for vertical one. Can someone help? Thanks, Utzli ...

editting string in 'edit text'
hello people i'm creating a GUI(using guide).I want to update the string in 'edit text' with new data. i wrote the following code in the 'edit text' callback..... set(handles.text,'string','new data'); which didn't work.pls help praveen "praveen " <praveenignatius17@gmail.com> wrote in message <hfss33$6sk$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hello people > > i'm creating a GUI(using guide).I want to update the string in 'edit text' with new data. > i wrote the following code in the 'edit text...

How to save text files in Matlab GUI from edit text box
Dear all, please help me in understanding the usage of GUI. I found on the web a suggested way to write a button callback to read the content of an edit text box and save to a txt file, that is: %save text of command.txt file fid = fopen('command.txt','wt'); fprintf(fid,'%c',get(handles.edit1,'String')) fclose(fid); Anyway, the text in the box is saved in the text file in a wrong and very peculiar way; if I write in the box something like: PALA POLO I find in the command.txt file has been saved the following: PPAOLLAO and I can't manag...

Change the text of a 'Static Text'
Hello, I work now at a GUI in matlab. And I have the following code (function) for a Button Callback: function Button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) set(handles.Status,'String','Busy!'); .... %.. some code that requires several seconds .... set(handles.Status,'String','Idle'); handles.Status is the handle for a StaticText control. What I want to do is to change the Text(Label) for the static text at the beginning (in "BUSY") and when everything is done to change it to "IDLE". My problem is that the Label/Text is changed only at t...

error fopen('text.txt','w')
i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my simple code (sorry, my English is bad) >> pwd ans = C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a >> fid=fopen('text.txt','w') fid = -1 The text.txt doesn't exist. On 11/1/2015 11:48 PM, Tunggul Sagala wrote: > i am a beginner in Matlab guys, so i can't figure out what's wrong with my code. >i need to open a text file and write data to it, but i got an error. here my si...

'dataread' and 'textscan' Large Text Files
Hi folks, I have a working Simulink model in SimEvents which reads data from a text file. Each row includes entitiy attributes which I assign to an entity generated by an Entity Generator block. The porblem I'm experiencing now is the long time it takes to finish reading/extracting all of the rows each clock time. You see, when I did my coding at the beginning, I was working on small files, say 150-ish rows each. Now, I'm dealing with > 40k rows. Here is a brief on my coding/functions I've implemented: First, I have an Entity Generator. The number of entites leaving the b...

Swapping '<' and '>' when text is not HTML

Save Text from GUI Edit Text Box
Hi there! I'm very new to MatLab, this is probably very easy to do - please, if you can, give me very explicit instructions. I'm creating a GUI in GUIDE that has a editable text box. I want a button that, when clicked, will write that text to a text file (in this case, directory.txt). If there is a way to browse for a directory and input the directory into the text box in the GUI, that would be way awesome, but it's not a priority. Thanks very much everybody! "Kyle " <kylebshr@gmail.com> wrote in message <jucb5d$s0b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... ...

Web resources about - Transfer 'text' from edit text box of GUI1 to uitable (specific cell A1) of GUI - comp.soft-sys.matlab