trouble installing SVM-KM

I'm trouble installing SVM-KM please help me. I already follow the installation instructions, but still error
http://asi.insa-rouen.fr/enseignants/~arakotom/toolbox/index.html
error message:
??? Undefined command/function 'normalizemeanstd'.

Error in ==> exclass1 at 19
[Xapp]=normalizemeanstd(Xapp);

Error in ==> TestSanityCheck at 9
exclass1            ;%              | 2D SVM Classification problem with different C

0
firman
2/20/2011 10:27:12 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206945 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"firman isnandi" wrote in message <ijqqa0$bb3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I'm trouble installing SVM-KM please help me. I already follow the installation instructions, but still error
> http://asi.insa-rouen.fr/enseignants/~arakotom/toolbox/index.html
> error message:
> ??? Undefined command/function 'normalizemeanstd'.
>
> Error in ==> exclass1 at 19
> [Xapp]=normalizemeanstd(Xapp);
>
> Error in ==> TestSanityCheck at 9
> exclass1            ;%              | 2D SVM Classification problem with different C

MATLAB cannot find normalizemeanstd.m which is a function of the toolbox. You should search your computer for this file. I suspect that you have not added the path to the folder this file resides in (and possibly many others in the toolbox) to MATLAB's search path.
Use pathtool to add all necessary folders.

If you will be using the toolbox often, considering adding or modifying a startup.m file so that each time you start MATLAB, the paths are added.

Wayne
0
Wayne

Installing pgtclsh
I installed PG Ver 7.3.2 on Solaris 8 several months ago and this has been running fine. One of the developers has now asked that the pgtclsh interface be installed. Does this mean that I have to do a ./configure --with-tcl, then make, then install make - or is there another way to do this? Will this create a pgtclsh.so file in the lib directory? Tcl is installed in /usr/local/bin which is in my $PATH Thanks for any help provided Cheers, Nigel ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings On Tu...

Installing win programs.
Am a Linux newbie. want to run windows apps on wine. Find no doc on how to install and run win apps under wine. Wine is already installed v 20040213. Is there any documentation of this sort the total newbie. Something that is step by step' in terminology a total novice would understand. Am making the break from windows, but need to still use some of the "expensive" software I have for windows. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Lee ok, first off make sure in /etc/fstab you have the cd rom mounted w/ the unhide option. To do it manually ...

trouble with or
hello there, i am having a problem with a simple thing. i have this ( trying to divide up a list into three more or less equal columns ) i += 1 if i == @sites.length / 3.to_i or i == (@sites.length / 3).to_i * 2 i am getting a lot of unexpected kOR exceptions. what am i doing wrong ? thanks sk shawn bright wrote: > i += 1 > if i == @sites.length / 3.to_i or i == (@sites.length / 3).to_i * 2 Try this. -- Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski http://cynicalryan.110mb.com/ http://clothred.rubyforge.org Rule of Open-Source Programming #48: The number of items on a pr...

Getting Windows out of Virtual PC 5 Installation Disk
Hi I will be spending Christmas with my elderly mother in Ireland. Don't worry this will start to become relevant eventually. I live in England and I've been communicating with her about what we're going to do at Christmas. Essentially she is going to buy herself a new 24" screen Intel iMac just prior to me arriving and I'm going to install various applications and things on it. She could do all this herself probably but her sight is far from good, so it is easier if I do it. Also I changed from the classic OS to OS X Tiger only a few months ago so I am well vers...

Help! XP wont load after linux install
Just installed Linux RedHat v9 to a new partition on my desktop and now I get a NTLDR missing message when I try to launch XP from the boot manager... I know that I probably need to modify the ks.cfg but don't know: a) how to get to this file through Linux b) what hdxx details to add (how do I list the filesystems when running Linux?) c) whether this is the right issue to tackle! Help! AJ wrote: > Just installed Linux RedHat v9 to a new partition on my desktop and now I > get a NTLDR missing message when I try to launch XP from the boot manager... > I know that I probably need...

SN#10863 Sun[TM] Rack 900 Now Offers Power Distribution System Installed
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 67 Issue 3 2003-09-15 Article 10863 from section "Servers" Water-tight Power Cable Kit Also Available The Sun[TM] Rack 900 can now be purchased with the Power Distribution System (PDS) installed and ordered with one part number. A newly available water-tight Power Cable Kit connects the PDS input panel with facility power, providing greater protection against the possibility of water entering the facility connector set. The rack comes with a vertical cable management bracket installed in e...

Unicode trouble
From the «warning, this is a PDF» department: Title: I � Unicode [pdf] Author: Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:36:12 -0400 Link: http://seriot.ch/resources/talks_papers/i_love_unicode_softshake.pdf Comments[1] Links: [1]: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8511403 (link) On 2014-10-27, RS Wood <rsw@therandymon.com> wrote: > From the «warning, this is a PDF» department: > Title: I � Unicode [pdf] > Author: > Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:36:12 -0400 > Link: http://seriot.ch/resources/talks_papers/i_love_unicode_softshake.pdf > > Comment...

hows gnoga? is ada easy to install on freebsd ? anyone got it working?
I had problems last time I tried on 10.1 freebsd > I had problems last time I tried on 10.1 freebsd pkg install gps-ide Then git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/gnoga/code gnoga cd gnoga make That should do it since Dragon lace is at gcc/ada 4.9. Gnoga no longer uses AWS which was an issue when I first tried testing on BSDs, so if it didn't work before try now, as it should work with out issue now on BSDs. David Botton On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 11:19:21 PM UTC-5, David Botton wrote: > > I had problems last time I tried on 10.1 freebsd > > pkg ...

exec() trouble...
Hi, I am trying to run netpbm. If I enter the follwing line on the shell, it works fine If I run it through an exec(), it does not. any reason here? the line is: /home/myuser/netpbm/bin/jpegtopnm /home/myuser/public_html/b/images/IMGP1022.JPG | /home/myuser/netpbm/bin/pnmscale -xysize 160 120 | /home/myuser/netpbm/bin/ppmtojpeg > /home/myuser/public_html/b/images/xxxx.jpg if I simply put this into exec("..."); there is no action. why? The shell action was executed in the same directory as where the php-script is. thanks. Oliver Duh... the dest. directory did not have...

Custom bibliography styles: where to install them?
Maybe this is a very banal question, but I couldn't find the answer neither on the LaTeX Companion, nor searching the newsgroup or the uk faq. I'm sure there is the answer somewhere, but searching for keywords such as "bibliography styles" yields just too many results. Well, I was wondering: suppose I download a custom bibliography style I like, or slightly modify an existing one and then save it with a different name. Where do I have to put this file for BibTeX to recognize it? I use the latest MikTeX under windows. Zio Fester wrote: > Maybe this is a very banal q...

MSI Installer Problem: can't install 2.4a2 on new install of Win2kSP2
Over the last few days, I reinstalled Win2kSP2 to a spare harddrive I had just swapped into my Fujitsu LifeBook P1120 (long story <wink>). Subsequently, I DL'ed the newest Python alpha (2.4a2), and when trying to install it, I immediately got this error: This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service. You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service. (Python 2.4a2 had been working on the LifeBook P1120 before the crash and subsequent reinstall.) I immediately tried installing Python 2.4a2...

cvs trouble
I have problems using cvs pserver access (Mac OS X 10.3.5): On this call in Terminal: cvs -d :pserver:user@localhost:/usr/local/cvs login I get the following response: (Logging in to user@localhost) CVS password: password_given cvs [login aborted]: connect to localhost:2401 failed: Connection refused I did take care of the following items: - installing a file /usr/local/cvs/CVSROOT/passwd containing a line user:encrypted_password - in System Preferences in the Sharing panel, Firewall-tab added an enabled CVS port (2401) Is there still a crucial step missing here? Thanks...

** .ISO file installation **
Hi. I want to know what I can do with an .ISO file I downloaded a program and don't know what to do with the .iso file to get the program to install. A .iso file is simply a CDROM image file. Burn the .iso to CD using Nero or alike. Hope this helped. "nntp" <k@attcanada.ca> wrote in message news:ngEec.5338$0wT.841@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > Hi. I want to know what I can do with an .ISO file > I downloaded a program and don't know what to do with the .iso file to get > the program to install. > > ...

Trouble with Nist Net
I've got Nist Net set up on a Linux (Red Hat 9) box with two machines connected to it. I'm using the X interface. Here's the weirdness: If I put in a delay, a delay sigma or a packet drop percentage, everything works exactly as it should. If I specify a bandwidth limitation other than 0, even a ridiculously high one, packet traffic stops dead. It's almost like the polarity on that field is reversed: 0 means no limitation, non-zero means infinite limitation. The Nist Net documentation is pretty skimpy. Am I doing something wrong here? Am I supposed to be doing something ...

Having trouble posting? #248
If you are having trouble posting to clax86, here is some information that might help you: 1. If you are using an "anti-spam" from address, then you need to be aware that many ISPs now test for valid domain names. In addition, there are several proposals for systems which will verify the user name, as well. 2. To allow you to post without exposing yourself to spammers, the Clax86 moderation software now replaces your real address with "spamtrap@crayne.org", while preserving the rest of the "From:" header. If you are sending a test message, please use a sub...

Init Script Installer
I've got a few scripts which need to run as system daemons. For a while it worked to just manually start them, but it soon became annoying, so I wrote a little script to create and install the init scripts for me. Here's what it does... it takes a template init script (similar to /etc/init.d/skeleton) and updates it according to passed in arguments, and then installs the script into /etc/init.d/ That's it... now, i just run /etc/init.d/myservice start|restart|stop any/all feedback would be great! Thanks, Zach p.s. - this will only work on *nix-like systems which use system...

Unable to start install of Solaris 8
I've tried doing a 'boot cdrom' with every cd in the Solaris 8 pack (including 1 of 2) and no joy. The error I get is as below... SPARCstation 5, Keyboard Present ROM Rev. 2.29, 128MB memory installed, Serial #123456 Ethernet address 8:0:20:87:74:ac Rebooting with command: cdrom Boot device: /iommu/sbus/espdma@5,8400000/esp@5,8800000/sd@6,0:d File and args: suninstall boot: cannot open suninstall Enter filename [suninstall]: On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 13:56:29 -0800, Mark wrote: > I've tried doing a 'boot cdrom' with every cd in the Solaris 8 pack > (including 1 of...

Enlaces To Install Linux in Chile Schools
http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/40330001422084057.html The Chilean government's high school Internet access network Enlaces plans to install Linux Relevant Products/Services from Sybase ASE Linux Express Edition � FREE operating systems in 600 schools, after a trial project with Edulinux in 25 establishments, local newspaper El Mercurio reported. The Edulinux open-source platform allows schools to use old computers with low resources that are not able to run modern applications. At the same time, Edulinux improves the use of Internet, e-mail, software and educational resources....

Trouble with bitwise operator
Hello, I have a simulink model that I use in another software which compiles the model to run it on a Real-Time PC. Lately, I added a module in which I use the block Bitwise Operator. SInce then, I can't compile the model anymore because it says I am missing the file sfix_bitop.c The thing is, it looks like this file doesn't really exist (I asked some friends with Matlab to look for this file). I found a dll on internet sfix_bitop.dll but I don't know what to do with it. I am probably missing a library or something but I can't figure out which one. Maybe someone has a soluti...

Repeated Installations of Flash Player on Win 7
Sorry - I can't find any Win 7 newsgroups. Please can someone advise as to the best for the following. Thank you - CJB. I have Win 7 (Starter) on a new Acer Aspire One 532. My main (and only) login id is for me which also has admin. privileges. However I do have to repeatedly install Flash Player 10 in order to view clips on YouTube, BBC and my own web site. Once installed - via the Adobe Download Manager - all clips play OK. If I close the lid and the netbook hibernates, and then when I open it up again, all is well. However if there is a Windows update, or if I do a restart / reboot,...

trouble with listings #2
Hi, I got a problem with listings: I use \lstinputlisting to include a listing in a Postscript document. I also diplay line numbers. Sometimes the lines are not well aligned: actually I got a situation in which the second line is a little bit indented. That is I got something like this: 1 #include <stdio.h> 2 main () 3 { and so on. I cannot find any reason for that. If I produce a Postscript file with only that listing, the problem does not appear any more. Sorry that I cannot include the actual source code: it's pretty big, and my machine is not connected to the internet. ...

Toshiba 2500CDS hard drive install and/or linux install help
I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS. I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical information *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0) What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings? Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got: > [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not...

trouble with booting
hi After restoring my 4.7 box I can't boot. I see: Invalid partition Default: 0:ad(0,a)/kernel boot: Typing manually: 4:ad(1,e)/boot/loader I passed it but how can I make it permanent ? I suppose I should use boot0cfg but I'm afraid that this system will crash... It's very important to me (and not only to me :/) to stay this box on-line. There are 4 IDE disks and 2 disk in raid 1 (with system) br. -- AG In article <bjugip$lja$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, Andrzej Groth wrote: > hi > After restoring my 4.7 box I can't boot. > I see: > Invali...

Trouble performing a MINUS
Hi, I'm using MySQL 5. I have two queries that run fine on their own 1. select DISTINCT P.MODEL_NUM FROM PROD_PRODUCTS P, PROD_SUB_CATEGORIES S WHERE P.SUB_CATEGORY_ID = S.SUB_CATEGORY_ID AND S.INK_TYPE_ID = 1 AND S.CATEGORY_ID = 2 2. select DISTINCT P.MODEL_NUM FROM PROD_PRODUCT_CUSTOM_PRICES PC, PROD_PRODUCTS P, PROD_SUB_CATEGORIES S WHERE PC.PRODUCT_ID = P.PRODUCT_ID AND P.SUB_CATEGORY_ID = S.SUB_CATEGORY_ID AND S.INK_TYPE_ID = 1 AND S.CATEGORY_ID = 2 But when I try one minus the other, I get a MySQL syntax error. Shot in the dark, but anyone know why this is? mysql> select DI...

Trouble with new kernel
Maybe some kind soul can help me out of this paradox. I just compiled a new kernel while keeping the old one to fall back on. The old one is a stock SuSE kernel 2.4.18-4GB and the new one is kernel 2.6.9 from kernel.org. I successfully compiled the kernel and modules after updating modutils. Everything seemed fine. Then when I tried to boot with the new kernel, errors appear that seem to result from a failure to load modules. Then I look at boot.msg and see at the very beginning: Inspecting /boot/System.map-2.6.9 Loaded 25240 symbols from /boot/System.map-2.6.9. Symbols match kerne...