Tuning a PID controller with the Ziegler-Nichols in Simulink

I want to set kp,ki,kd using Ziegler-Nichols method for this simulink model;
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26275
I know I can set this parameters automatically from PID block.But I want to determine the values by calculating.
I looked a lot of documents about this method.And I knew Ziegler-Nichols method theoretically.
I increased kp, but I couldn't observe any oscillation at the output of system.How can I set these parameters  Simulink using this method or Could you propose any other models or example to apply this method in simulink,clearly?
Also I tried another method but I couldn't determine L,T from its step response.
0
dfgdg
12/18/2010 6:03:04 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207282 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Is there anyone to answer my question?I just want to ask this question;How can I implement Ziegler-Nichols Method in Simulink?Could you propose any example? but I couldn't determine L,T from its step response.
0
dfgdg
12/19/2010 8:18:04 AM
Try this example :

                           6
G(s) =  ------------------------------------
               (2s+1)(4s+1)(6s+1)

step---------> + ------------> PID --------> G(s) --------------->Scope
                   |-                                             |
                   |                                              |
                   |__________________________|

1) Set the controller to a P-only controller (by setting Ki = 0 and Kd = 0).
2) Start to give values to Kp until the closed loop system is at the verge of
instability (sustained oscillations are obtained). use Kp = 1.71
3) Determine from the figure the ultimate period (Tu)
4) With the ultimate gain and period determined at steps 2 and 3 compute the parameters of a PID controller using the ZN tuning rules.

use a simulation time > 30

hope it would be Helpfull!!
ALi

"dfgdg dfgdfg" <sakirae@gmail.com> wrote in message <iekf3s$anc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Is there anyone to answer my question?I just want to ask this question;How can I implement Ziegler-Nichols Method in Simulink?Could you propose any example? but I couldn't determine L,T from its step response.
0
Ali
12/19/2010 7:00:23 PM
"elysion87" wrote in message <ieit0o$34o$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I want to set kp,ki,kd using Ziegler-Nichols method for this simulink model;
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26275
> I know I can set this parameters automatically from PID block.But I want to determine the values by calculating.
> I looked a lot of documents about this method.And I knew Ziegler-Nichols method theoretically.
> I increased kp, but I couldn't observe any oscillation at the output of system.How can I set these parameters  Simulink using this method or Could you propose any other models or example to apply this method in simulink,clearly?
> Also I tried another method but I couldn't determine L,T from its step response.
0
bob_sa (2)
4/14/2012 6:00:37 AM
please somebody help me. this is for my research about ziegler-nichol tuning optimization
> I want to set kp,ki,kd using Ziegler-Nichols method for this simulink model;
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26275
> I know I can set this parameters automatically from PID block.But I want to determine the values by calculating.
> I looked a lot of documents about this method.And I knew Ziegler-Nichols method theoretically.
> I increased kp, but I couldn't observe any oscillation at the output of system.How can I set these parameters  Simulink using this method or Could you propose any other models or example to apply this method in simulink,clearly?
> Also I tried another method but I couldn't determine L,T from its step response.
> how to get a constant oscillation without trial PID controller (Kp,Ki,Kd) manually.

please sent the answer to my email (teofilus_bobby@yahoo.com). thx a lot
0
bob_sa (2)

Monostable in Simulink
Hi, the monostable-block in Simulink/SimPowerSystem doesn�t work. Is there anyone who can help me? Dirk Wohltorf wrote: > > > Hi, > the monostable-block in Simulink/SimPowerSystem doesn�t work. > Is there anyone who can help me? Hi Dirk, You are right, the monostable was not working in R13sp1SimPowerSystems3.0. It is now working in R14/SimPowerSystems3.1 for both continuous and discrete versions. Gilbert Sybille Hydro-Quebec Power System Simulation Laboratory ...

[VC6] Edit control problems.
hello, Using VC 6, I have created an application based on dialog box. On the main form there is an edit box taken form standard "control" toolbar. The dialog box's style is set to "local edit" to enable this control making use of local memory. It is necessary, because just after application stars, I get handle to the memory in which the edit box stores the text: char** lpOrigin; char* origin; lpOrigin = (char**) SendMessage(hWndEdit, EM_GETHANDLE, 0, 0); origin = *lpOrigin; And the story begins. 1. On Windowz XP everything goes smoothly and the &quo...

Sourc of PIDs
Hi, In my task manager under the processes tab there are a number of cmd.exe processes displayed. Everyday 2 or 3 more are getting added to the list. I am not able to kill these PID's with the end process button. I have found a kill utility that allows me to kill them, so that isn't a problem any more. My problem is that I do not know what is spawning these "hung" PIDs. Does anyone know how to find out what application(s) are spawning particular PIDs? I appreciate any help you may be able to give me. Thanks Yuke ...

Controller Interface
Hi newsgroup, can someone tell me if an interface to a standard microcontroller exists in order to interface a DDR SDRAM controller to the microcontroller part which is responsible for WRITE and READ requests ? It could be some kind of standard microcontroller interface or DMA controller. The problem is that I want to simulate the DDR SDRAM Controller and need some data 'source'. IP cores and reference designs show how to interface directly to the DDR SDRAM but the essential part of interfacing to the data 'source' is missing. Does somebody know of simple VHDL simulation m...

call workspace manager function from CDE front panel control
Hello! With VUE, I could call a workspace manager function such as f.next_key from a front panel control, e. g. CONTROL Next { TYPE button PUSH_ACTION f.next_key } - isn't something like that possible with CDE? -- Regards, Dietmar Schindler ...

Tuning for high volume web traffic
I'm trying to get the best performance out of a high volume web cluster reading through some system tuning parameters I came up with the following, can anyone comment or give me better recommendations to use? Thanks, these servers each have 4GB of memory and 2 - 3.6GHz HT CPU's net.core.rmem._max = 16777216 net.core.wmem_max = 16777216 net.core.rmem_defualt = 16777216 net.core.wmem_defualt = 16777216 net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 87380 16777216 net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 87830 16777216 net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 4096 sys.net.core.netdev_max_backlog=2000 ifconfig eth0 txqueuelen 10...

MediaPlayer control through JS onload
When embedding a windows media player wmv video into a Web page like at http://www.marcfest.com/temp/embedvideotest.html, I want the first or so frame of the video to show on loading of the page, before one starts playing the video, rather than the black square currently shown. How can I accomplish this? I thought of using Javascript to tell Media Player to play the video for a fraction of a second after the page is loaded and then pause so that an image is displayed but I didn't succeed fiddling around with that. Any solution that will work will be fine. Thank you. Marc marcfest@gmai...

Treo 600 and Pocket Tunes
I have a UK Orange Treo 600 and have installed Pocket Tunes 2 that was free to download when I registered. Works fine with the 32 Mb MMC card that came with the phone. Problem is with 256Mb cards. I have tried an SD and a MMC card, both give an error message when you open Pocket Tunes "Unable to play audio file. Couldn't find expansion card. Make sure it's inserted". The card is inserted and other apps of the Treo (e.g. Card Info) seem to have no problem seeing it. I can copy photos to the card without problem. I have formatted the cards in the Treo, and tried moving MP...

Controlling hardware with VB; driving Automotive Injectors
Great news about VB programming: learn to control hardware in VB! There is an excellent tutorial book and source code available at: http://www.corollarytheorems.com/lhfsd.htm Also, find the schematic needed to build an Automotive Injectors Driver at: http://www.corollarytheorems.com/articles.htm#A25 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:46:53 GMT, "Dale Evans" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com> wrote in comp.lang.c: > Great news about VB programming: learn to control hardware in > VB! > > There is an excellent tutorial book and source code available > at: http://www.xxxxxxxxxx...

GUI display simulink value
I want create a gui that display some simulink variables while a simulation is running. Is there a way to get the variable's value during simulation and display it?? thanks audi ...

XFS tuning
Hello folks, I am formatting a data partition with XFS, which will host mainly hughe image files (50-150 MB). The partition size is 9 Terrabyte. These files will be served via Samba to Windows Vista clients. Has anybody some XFS-tuning advice, or should I just format and mount it with the defaults? Thanks for any advice, Tom -- Help keep the usenet free! Use and/or support (e.g. by setting up an own server) the nonprofit open-news-network project: http://www.open-news-network.org/ On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:42:53 +0300, Tom wrote: > Hello folks, > > I am formatting a data pa...

Question on Falcon IDE Controller #2
Its the other way round... You feed the motherboard from the ATX supply thru the CT60 thru the Floppy PS cable. There is no 12V on the Falcon's Expansion Bus, so theres no other way for the things that need 12V (Sound is one of them) to get power. In theory you could connect the Falcon's Floppy connector, straight to the ATX Floppy connector without plugging into the CT60, but as they are both female... Coda. ------------ Ron wrote: You have to feed the CT60 with the P/S cable from the floppy on the Falcons MB. If you don't, you get no sound. When I used the flop...

It seems that NI dropped the Activex Events from the Control Panel in LabVIEW 7.0. Why???
I have Labview 6.0/6.1 Activex vi's that no longer work in LabView 7.0 There are no longer ActiveX Events vi's in the Communications->ActiveX control set. What is the deal with that??? Pretty much makes my $2400 upgrade investment worth nothing as far as I can see. kup, Are you sure that your VIs no longer work? They should. The support VIs are located in "<b>vi.lib\Platform\ax-events.llb</b>". The functionality was not taken away, the VIs were simply removed from the function palette. Also, ActiveX Events may now also be handled using calback VIs. Thi...

multimedia controller audio driver sound blaster live 128 pci does not install
Hello all, I have installed a soubd blaster live 128 pci on my pc, win xp makes it work with no problem but for some reason when I look under the resources manager the multimedia controller audio does not install, and no matter what I do, I can't make it see it. Even after installing the new drivers, that particular one won't work. Any pointers would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks, Tanja McMasters ...

TXB16 Thermostat and TR16A phone controller 311743
I just hooked up a TXB16 Thermostat and TR16A phone controller. Went fine until I tried calling into the TR16A. When ever the phone rang the TR16A would send a "unit code 1 and off". I tried both P and B decoder tables and the TXB16 responded to the "unit code 1 and off". Has anyone had this experience? ...

using lookup and display only field as control field
I am not sure If I can do this with a lookup, but what I would like to do is perhaps use lookup to retrieve a control date from an unassociated table to control what date is entered in another table. For example : the main table , table 1 has many entries with a field called date_ enter which is the date the record was entered. table 2 has a control_date If the date entered in table 1 is less than or = to the control date we want to give the user a error message. I am thinking of using display only field and lookup to set it Would need to have the date value from the control table availabl...

compiler directives for auto tuning
Hello; We have CHiLL like framework which gives ability to play with different loop related optimizations. Do we need compiler directives to play with different compiler optimizations especially related to loops? Thanks, ...

Anyone controlling HP 5345A with LabView ?
My HP 5345A ( being 100% OK ) cannot be controlled by the .vi from the Instrument Drivers network ( downloaded from ni.com ). I tried to get the GPIB working thru the I/O Assistant in LabView 7. I have the HP 5345A Programming Manual and all necessary command codes. Partly my HP 5345A can be controlled indeed by the I/O Assistant.vi which I made but partly it fails. Maybe this has something to do with the 012 option of my HP 5345A ( instead of the simpler option 011 ). Anyone controlling a HP 5345A with Labview ? Or could reference me ? Please contact. Thanks. Peter. I haven't used th...

Control theoretic approach of CP/M
Dear Sirs, I suppose that CP/M86 is pid control of an (accu) integrator. Where the proportional part are arithmetic derivation, the integral part ar returns (C9H) and differentiated are jumps, which can be proven stochastical. So far so well, pid-control of Integrator gets unstable and limits the memory to 64KByte, why CP/M86 with 640KByte did not suceed. An actual effort for Wolfix is to rewrite the CP/M86 BDOS with gosubs to get polynomial predictive control of the accumulator. In our days the electric current of home network is influenced of switched power control of home pc's, which cr...

Recursively Find a Control?

RE: [tao-users] Tuning ...Notify\performance-tests\Throughput
Hi, Thanks for using the PRF form. I think you should first run a basic TAO test and see if it runs fast (for example TAO/tests/Hello). I think you have a network setup problem causing all kinds of problems and delays when sending data. The throughput should really be much higher. I would also recommend you to upgrade to x.4.3 which you can obtain from http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Leeghwaterstraat 25 2811 DT Reeuwijk The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > TAO VERSION: 1.4.1 > ACE VERSION: 5.4...

Controlling axes in a polar plot
After creating the following polar plot: val = abs(randn(1,20)); wdir = [0:360/length(val):359]; rdir = wdir * pi/180; p = polar(rdir,val); I would like to replace the pre-determined axes tick marks and tick labels (that appear at 0, 30, 60 etc degrees) with my own ticks and labels. In my example above, I'd like to have 20 tickmarks in total, with 20 tick labels. I tried changing the corresponding axes properties of 'p', to no effect. Also, how can I impose limits to the polar plot? In the example above, the limit is automatically determined by the maximum value of val, but I...

Need Some help with Instrument Control toolbox
I want to transmit over a network some data using the TCP/IP block, When I use it locally it works but when I try to send to another computer it doesn't receive anything. I've configured the TCP/IP blocks on the host and target machine, I've made the echotcpip command so that it will work on both machines on the port that I've assigned, when I test the connection from the block it say's that it is working , but when I send the target machine doesn't receive anything. Another question : can I broadcast the data that I want to send on a local network , and what I n...

Pioneer Remote Control Protocol
If you've worked with Pioneer's RC protocol (specifically the control jacks on the back of Pioneer electronics), I'm looking for an answer to a few questions: How many commands can be sent to a device in one second over remote control? I know it's all based in milliseconds, but how many per command? Is there a product already out there that will link Pioneer's control jack (mini jack) to RS-232? Or is this something that can easily be built? ...

Tabletop Fountain with Black Plastic Bowl and Flow Control
Price:$14.50 Image: http://discountadvisor.info/image.php?id=B001PAEEYW Best deal: http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B001PAEEYW Tabletop Fountain This tabletop water feature (we've been watching too many decorating shows on TV), comes with a black-plastic bowl 11-1/8" dia x 3-3/4" deep, a resin, slate-look 5" dia x 4" tall pump cover, and a submersible pump with adjustable flow control. The pump is 3" x 1-9/16" with a swiveling 7/16" OD outlet pipe, in-line power switch, gasketed bushing, and wall adapter. UL. ...