two tendencies plot for the left Y axis and one bar plot for the right axis ?

Hi all,

I am wondering if you can provide some solutions. How to draw two tendencies plot for the left Y axis and 1 bar plot for the right axis?

Thank you very much.
Michael
0
Kuo

"Kuo-Hsien" <mchangks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if you can provide some solutions. How to draw two
> tendencies plot for the left Y axis and 1 bar plot for the right axis?

Use PLOTYY with six input arguments, the fifth being the handle to the
function that draws the "two tendencies" plot and the second being a
function handle to BAR.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

How can I plot two curves with two different y-axis (placed at right and left) with one reverse-logarithmic x-axis?
How can I plot two curves with two different y-axis (placed at right and left) with one reverse-logarithmic x-axis? Something like this BUT with a reverse x-axis for both curves: x = 0:0.01:20; y1 = 200*exp(-0.05*x).*sin(x); y2 = 0.8*exp(-0.5*x).*sin(10*x); [AX,H1,H2] = plotyy(x,y1,x,y2,'semilogx'); Thanks! "Amir " <albalbaloo@gmail.com> wrote in message <hrbv10$3ti$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > How can I plot two curves with two different y-axis (placed at right and left) with one reverse-logarithmic x-axis? > > Something like this BUT wit...

How to plot two set of data with same y-axis but different x-axis to the left and right of the y-axis
Hello, How to plot two set of data with same y-axis but different x-axis. One dataset to the left and one dataset to the right of the y-axis. Tobias Gram wrote: > Hello, > > How to plot two set of data with same y-axis but different x-axis. > > One dataset to the left and one dataset to the right of the y-axis. Look for the example of "Double Axis Graphs" in the online document... -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <iarovc$5a3$1@news.eternal-september.org>... > Tobias Gram wrote: > > Hello, > > > > How to plot two set of data with same y-axis but different x-axis. > > > > One dataset to the left and one dataset to the right of the y-axis. > > Look for the example of "Double Axis Graphs" in the online document... > > -- Hi again.... I have allready tried this way of dealing with the problem, but it doesn't work for me. Please look at this example i have here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5162978/test.png It is done in the program "Grapher"... But i want to do it in Matlab.. Best regards Tobias Gram Denmark, Copenhagen University Tobias Benjamin Gram wrote: .... > Hi again.... I have allready tried this way of dealing with the problem, > but it doesn't work for me. Please look at this example i have here: > > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5162978/test.png .... Would have to set the two axes origins...

How to plot two set of data with same y-axis but different x-axis to the left and right of the y-axis #2
Hello, How to plot two set of data with same y-axis but different x-axis. One dataset to the left and one dataset to the right of the y-axis. ...

How can I plot two different y-axis (right and left) with a reverse-logarithmic x-axis?
Let us look at this example: x = 0:0.01:20; y1 = 200*exp(-0.05*x).*sin(x); y2 = 0.8*exp(-0.5*x).*sin(10*x); [AX,H1,H2] = plotyy(x,y1,x,y2,'plot'); Now how can one reverse x-axis and at the same time in logarithmic scale? Even using (Tools>Edit plot>Property edittor>Axis) in Figure window is not giving controls on axis of second data sets (x,y2) plot here! ...

How to combine two functions in one plot using a left and a right y-axis
Hi all, Can someone help me with the following problem. I want to combine two functions with different scales in one plot, using a left and a right y-axis. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Ronald Ronald Cornelussen wrote: > Hi all, > Can someone help me with the following problem. I want to combine two > functions with different scales in one plot, using a left and a right > y-axis. Is there a way to do this? > Thanks, > Ronald > Hi Ronald, a colleague of mine wrote a package for this task. Currently, it has more or less the state of a beta-ve...

how to combine two functions in one plot using a left and right y-axis?
Hi all, Can someone help me with the following problem. I want to combine two functions with different y scales in one plot, using a left and right y-axis. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Ronald Hi, http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/graphics/2d/twoaxisgraph.html Regards Jens ronaldc wrote: > > Hi all, > Can someone help me with the following problem. I want to combine two > functions with different y scales in one plot, using a left and right > y-axis. Is there a way to do this? > Thanks, > Ronald ...

one scatter plot with 2 x axis and 2 y axis, one of the x axis being a function of the first x axis
Hello to all! I'm trying to do a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram like this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HRDiagram.png If you see, the temperature (top x axis) is not a linear function of the color (bottom x axis), and i cant find a way to do this. My code: % to read the stars data: filename = 'Hipparcos_stars2.xlsx'; sheet1 = 1; xHRcolor = 'G2:G19934'; yHRmag = 'I2:I19934'; xHRtemp = 'J2:J19934'; yHRlum = 'K2:K19934'; HRx_c = xlsread(filename, sheet1, xHRcolor); HRy_m = xlsread(filename, sheet1, yHRmag); HRx_t = 10.^(3.9396...

plotting bars and error bars on same axis using different y-axis
Hello, I had a question I wanted to ask regarding plotting different types of displays on the same x-axis only using different y-axis. Specifically, I have two data sets which have exactly the same x-axis, so I want to plot them both on the same subplot. The first data I want to plot using an errorbar display and the second one using a bar display. I want to have two different y-axis for each plot. I tried using the plotyy function, but it doesn't work with errorbars and bars displays. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? Thank you :) On 2/16/2012 1:25 AM, fdfs tank wrote: &...

2 y-axis plots on one plot
All, I have 2 functions that share the same domain but have different ranges e.g. f1(x) = function that outputs magnetic field (gauss) f2(x) = function that outputs size (meters) .. I've seen graphs where the left vertical axis is for one function, and the right vertical axis is for the other. The domain (horizontal) axis is the same for both. Is there a nice way to do this in Matlab? Thanks! On Jun 1, 3:41=A0pm, olsonaj <Abraham.Ol...@gmail.com> wrote: > All, > > I have 2 functions that share the same domain but have different > ranges > > e.g. > > f1(...

Plot with two Y-axis: 2nd axis misaligned
Hi All, I'm using the Student version release 14 SP3. I am ploting a vector (closing prices) of 379,025 entries on the first Y-axis (left) and the relative change in price on the second Y-axis (right). I am using the axes method to manipulate both graphs, as explained in the Matlab examples (http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/creating_plots/f1-11215.html#f1-11217) While the example above works just fine, the secondary of my particular case is shifted downards. The shift becomes even bigger when I reduce the size of the plot window. I do not have a printscreen to sho...

bar plot with two y-axis
hello, is there a possibility to make a bar plot with two different y-axis (similar to plotyy): example: var1=[0.1; 0.4; 0.3; 0.05]; var2=[4; 3; 2; 7] Since the bars are partially overlapping, one variable should be plotted as solid bars, the other just outlined. best regards On 2006-10-25 12:09 Lex said the following: > hello, > > is there a possibility to make a bar plot with two different y-axis (similar to plotyy): > > example: var1=[0.1; 0.4; 0.3; 0.05]; var2=[4; 3; 2; 7] > > Since the bars are partially overlapping, one variable should be plotted as solid ba...

Plot two graphs on same figure with two x-axes and one shared y-axis
I just wanted to plot two different functions, for simplicity let's say: 1. price in USA; and 2. price in India, as a function of weight. Now, I want this weight to be represented in pounds (popular in USA) as well as kilograms (popular in India), as two different x-axes, one on top of the graph while another on bottom of the graph. However, I want only single y-axis to compare the graphs of 'price in USA' and 'price in India'. Is that possible in Matlab? I tried plotyy but it creates two y-axes for a single x-axis. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, > at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) That makes no sense whatsoever. gnuplot generates some kind of picture. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever whether a line was drawn from left to right or right to left --- it'll be the same line in the end, consisisting of exactly the same pixels being coloured. So since this doesn't make sense, maybe you should tell us what your actual problem is, so we can find out how that might be solved. On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:12:33 PM UTC+1, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker wrote: > On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: >=20 >=20 >=20 > > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my >=20 > > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, >=20 > > at the minute it plots from...

i need to plot 6 arrays on the y axis and one on the x axis
i need to plot 6 arrays on the y axis and one on the x axis. &nbsp; The XY graph would show 6 lines of data points plotted against one array wich would be my x axis. All arrays are the same size. &nbsp; for example monitoring voltages on 6 devices over temperature. voltages would be the y scale and temperature would be the x scale. &nbsp; i know you can plot multiple wave forms in a waveform graph. &nbsp; When I use the xy graph it only shows one line. i believe it can be done because it the properties menu there's an option to show multiple plots. Thanks &nbsp; PS excu...

Plotting on two x axes and one y axis
I have data that looks like this: <var1> <var2> <var3> I want to plot var1 on the x axis, var2 on the x2 axis, and var3 on the y axis. I decided to do this by invoking: plot 'myfile' u 1:3 w lp t 'My Data', 'myfile' u 2:3 w p ps 0 axes x2y1 notitle However, the scaling on the x2 axis is not correct. I can't understand what it is doing. The <var1> and <var2> values have a logarithmic relationship to each other, so this could be a problem for scaling. It is placing the lowest point at 100,000 (on x2 axis) instead of 66,000. It is placing the second point approximately accurately at 150,000. The third point is actually at 234,000 but is plotting at 208,000. The fourth point plots at 265,000 which is reasonably close to the actual value of 256,000. The final point plots at 320,000 but should plot at 313,000 (pretty close). Is there a way to force the ticks to be exactly where I want them? I just want to show where the data points for the linear axis (x1 axis) correspond to the logarithmic axis (x2 axis). It doesn't need to be exact, but within 10% would be nice. Thanks for your help. -Tim On 30.08.2010 07:26, cinead wrote: > I have data that looks like this: > > <var1> <var2> <var3> > > I want to plot var1 on the x axis, var2 on the x2 axis, and var3 on > the y axis. > > I decided to do this by invoking: > > plot ...

Plotting error bars on a two Y axis graph
Hi Everyone I am using the plotyy command to create a graph with two y axes. Since there is no error bar command using this function I attempted to put hold on and plot overtop using the errorbar command and specifying which axes I wanted. It works fine for the first (left axis) but then on the second I get an error message. ??? Error using ==> get Invalid handle object. Error in ==> nextstyle at 23 co = get(ax,'ColorOrder'); Error in ==> errorbar at 101 [ls,c,m] = nextstyle(cax,autoColor,autoStyle,k==1); Error in ==> gammapowergammacountcorr at 95 errorbar(Ax...

plotting a second y-axis with respect to the first y-axis
I have two data sets, y1 and y2, which are both based on single x-axis. I want to create a second y-axis with a non-uniform scaling so that each point on the second y-axis corresponds to one point in the first y-axis. I do not want to actually plot y2 based on x; rather, I want to change the scaling of y2 so that it corresponds to the points in y1. How can I do that? Thanks, Elnaz On 3/9/2014 3:52 PM, Elnaz wrote: > I have two data sets, y1 and y2, which are both based on single x-axis. > I want to create a second y-axis with a non-uniform scaling so that each > point on the...

Plotting a graph with one X-axis and two Y-axes
Hi, I am trying to create a graph with a single X-axis and two Y-axes corresponding to a width, height, and length of a rectangular box. I am trying to plot various combinations of these such that they correspond to the box volume of <40 cm3. In other words, I would like to print a graph such that someone can measure the sides of the box and look these up in the graph and know whether the volume is less than 40 cm3. I don't quite know how to implement this in Mathematica as I am pretty new at this. Thank you in advance for your help. Sincerely, Igor ...

Plotting two y axis in one graph with different scales
Though long research, I haven't been able to solve this problem I have. I hope some of you might be able. The problem should be simple, but since I am a novice at MATLAB, I cannot find the solution. I have two graphs which I would like to display in the same plot. These, however is not to be in the same scale on the y axis, so I need two y axis. The x axis have to be the same for the both though. I have come up with this code that almost contain the solution: close all clear all clc [x]=xlsread('1-spike.xlsx','B2:B3001'); %Tid [y1]=xlsread('1-spike.xls...

URGENT-How to plot a bar and a line in one figure with double Y axis?
Hi all, I am trying to plot a figure with both a bar and a line in it, and i want the bar and the line to have their own Y axes. I tried the following code where y1 is the data used for the bar, and y2 the data for the line. The prob is that the line is always in the bar area, not above it. How can i make the line appear above the bar? Plus, i want the step size of the X axis be exactly 1. but it appears in the figure that the X axis steps by 0.5. How can i make both Y axes have the same step size on the X axis? This is sorta urgent. Any help would be deeply appreciated! Thanks! ...

bar same X-axis two Y axis
I have two sets of data of different scales. From which I try draw a double bar chart. Because of the problem of differents scales, only one bar can be seen in the figure. One solution can be to normalized the data with large scale, but I wish to plot the bar with their real scales. Can you help me to draw a multi-bar with the same X-axis and two-Y axis such that the scale of the first Y-axis is for the first bar and the scale of the second one corresponds to the second bar. Thanks "Et'o Pat" <patmbom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:gje1jo$4p4$1@fred.mathworks.co...

two y axis with one x axis
Hi every one please help me in a simple program math marks=1:3; English marks=2:4; students=A,B,C how it is possible to plot marks on y axis with two bars on single x-axis point. for example student A with two bars of Math and English Hi Sohaib, Please see >> doc bar Best. ...

How can I plot multiple plots on multiple y-axis
Hi, &nbsp; &nbsp; Iam facing problem on ploting multiple plots on graph. With same x-axis &amp; multiple y-axis how to plot multiple plots. For example for signal 1:plot on Y1-axis &amp; signal 2:plot on Y2-axis. Right now both plots shows as merged plots.I want to displays as stack plots like in chart. &nbsp; Thanks &amp; Regards Hi, &nbsp; &nbsp; Iam facing problem on ploting multiple plots on graph. With same x-axis &amp; multiple y-axis how to plot multiple plots. For example for signal 1 plot on Y1-axis &amp; signal 2 plot on Y2-axis. Right now bot...

Plotting a graph with two y-axis
I would like to plot two sets of data on the same graph. The pair of data are each for a different form of units and would thus require me to have a y-axis for one set of data on the right and another y-axis on the left for the other form of data. How does one plot data in matlab using two sets of y-axis? --------------------------------------- Kingsley OtengPh.D. Candidate School of Electrical Engineering and Telec. UNSW Sydney, NSW 2052 Australia Ph: (+ 612) 9385 4831 --------------------------------------- kwaj wrote: > > > I would like to plot two sets of data on the same gra...

Web resources about - two tendencies plot for the left Y axis and one bar plot for the right axis ? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Suicidal Tendencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Suicidal Tendencies is an American crossover thrash band founded in 1981 in Los Angeles , California by Mike Muir , its leader and only permanent ...

Steampunk Tendencies (@Steampunk_T) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Steampunk Tendencies @ Steampunk_T ...

Steampunk Tendencies One Millions Followers on Google+ - YouTube
Steampunk Tendencies on Google+ just passed the one million followers! ST is very proud to announce, it is the first group in Steampunk History ...

Lucas confesses to 'aerosexual' tendencies
... Lucas wants Queensland to be Australia's aviation capital because not only will the plan create jobs, but because he has "aerosexual" tendencies. ...

Germanwings co-pilot had suicidal tendencies (01:18)
... say the Germanwings co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing a plane in the French Alps had been treated in the past for suicidal tendencies. ...

Germanwings Flight 9525: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz treated for ‘suicidal tendencies’
GERMAN prosecutors say the co-pilot of the Germanwings passenger plane that crashed in the French Alps had received therapy for suicidal tendencies. ...

Former Australian soldier Caner Temel killed in Syria a 'good sapper' who showed no radical tendencies ...
The former Australian soldier who was killed fighting alongside extremists in Syria was ''a good sapper'' who showed no radical tendencies while ...

Crash co-pilot showed suicidal tendencies
The co-pilot believed to have deliberately crashed the Germanwings Airbus was treated for suicidal tendencies before getting his pilot's licence. ...

Men who take a lot of selfies 'show strong links to psychopathic tendencies'
There's something unsettling about a man constantly posting selfies. Now we have an explanation as to why.

Crash co-pilot had suicidal tendencies
... crash pay their respects at the memorial, while investigators in Germany say the Germanwings co-pilot had been treated for suicidal tendencies ...