Using 32-bit sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.)

If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling?

Thanks.
0
abdu
3/11/2010 4:18:22 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

"abdu " <abdullahe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit
> MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.)
>
> If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling?
>
> Thanks.

Unfortunately, it's not possible:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f7-40072.html

Source Control with 64-Bit Versions of MATLAB
If you run a 64-bit version of MATLAB and want MATLAB to interface with your
source control system, your source control system must be 64-bit compliant.
If you have a 32-bit source control system, or if you have a 64-bit source
control system running in 32-bit compatibility mode, MATLAB cannot use it.
In that event, MATLAB displays a warning about the problem in the Source
Control preference pane.

Gavin

0
Gavin
3/11/2010 5:17:57 PM
"Gavin Walker" <gwalker@nospam-mathworks.com> wrote in message <hnb8k6$r58$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "abdu " <abdullahe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit
> > MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.)
> >
> > If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Unfortunately, it's not possible:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f7-40072.html
>
> Source Control with 64-Bit Versions of MATLAB
> If you run a 64-bit version of MATLAB and want MATLAB to interface with your
> source control system, your source control system must be 64-bit compliant.
> If you have a 32-bit source control system, or if you have a 64-bit source
> control system running in 32-bit compatibility mode, MATLAB cannot use it.
> In that event, MATLAB displays a warning about the problem in the Source
> Control preference pane.
>
> Gavin

What about the opposite situation where you have a 64 bit system with a 64 bit source control system but the company uses 32 bit Matlab.

Adam