Using a DSP board....

Hi there,
I appreciate that this isn't strictly a MATLAB problem (yet...!) But
I am trying to get a DSP board to work.
I have a C6713 TI board, all installed correctly etc etc.
I can run the demo code from the CD on the board, but I can't get any
of my code to work on it. I am trying to use code we used in the lab
on an older board (C30xx I think). I just get error after warning
after error!
Its very frustrating! I wonder if any of you good people could poin
me towards an online resource or the like that could assist me..

Thanks for looking

Jay

Jay wrote:
> Hi there,
> I appreciate that this isn't strictly a MATLAB problem (yet...!) But
> I am trying to get a DSP board to work.
> I have a C6713 TI board, all installed correctly etc etc.
> I can run the demo code from the CD on the board, but I can't get any
> of my code to work on it. I am trying to use code we used in the lab
> on an older board (C30xx I think). I just get error after warning
> after error!
> Its very frustrating! I wonder if any of you good people could poin
> me towards an online resource or the like that could assist me..
>
> Thanks for looking
>
> Jay

Matlab's helpdesk has a very useful section on the Data Acquisition
Toolbox.  Maybe you could step through your code and send us some of the
code that causes it to crash.

Chances are it is crashing at "daqhwinfo" or "analoginput" or
"analogoutput".  These functions may expect you to pass a string
indicating which data acq card you are using.  Since you changed cards
you might need to change these arguments.

-Matt
0
crema2 (412)
3/14/2005 10:49:37 PM
Matthew Crema wrote:
> Jay wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>> I appreciate that this isn't strictly a MATLAB problem (yet...!) But
>> I am trying to get a DSP board to work.
>> I have a C6713 TI board, all installed correctly etc etc.
>> I can run the demo code from the CD on the board, but I can't get any
>> of my code to work on it. I am trying to use code we used in the lab
>> on an older board (C30xx I think). I just get error after warning
>> after error!
>> Its very frustrating! I wonder if any of you good people could poin
>> me towards an online resource or the like that could assist me..
>>
>> Thanks for looking
>>
>> Jay
>

> Matlab's helpdesk has a very useful section on the Data Acquisition
> Toolbox.  Maybe you could step through your code and send us some of the
> code that causes it to crash.
>
> Chances are it is crashing at "daqhwinfo" or "analoginput" or
> "analogoutput".  These functions may expect you to pass a string
> indicating which data acq card you are using.  Since you changed cards
> you might need to change these arguments.
>
> -Matt

Any luck?
0
crema2 (412)
3/16/2005 6:09:26 PM
Hi, cool, thanks for the reply... I have been looking at it and
looking at it, and I'm not making head nor tale of this.

The main problem is I guess I'm trying to learn this stuff pretty
much from scratch and essentially unsupported - I don't really want
to moan about it as clearly its my problem...!

Ok, the first problems are with some code that just carried out some
arthematic operations - passing .c over to .asm as I understand it,
the code...

main ()
{
	int i,j,k,m;
	float x,y,value1,value2;
	x=3.5;
	y=4.6;
	i=7;
	j=5;
	func2(&i,j,&x,y);
	k=i;
	m=j;
	value1=x;
	value2=y;
}

func2(a,b,c,d)
int a,b;
float c,d;
{
	int n,m;
	float w,t;
	n=a;
	m=b;
	w=c;
	t=d;
	a=n+4;
	b=m+8;
	c=w+t;
	d=w-t;
}

I also nicked load.asm, rts6700.lib and vectors.asm from other demo
programs as I figured they (especially vectors.asm) where needed.

The errors I get when I try and compile:

----------------------------- week1.pjt - Debug
-----------------------------
[vectors.asm] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -g -q -fr"C:/Documents
and Settings/Jay/My Documents/DSP BOARD/week1/Debug" -d"_DEBUG"
-mv6700 -@"../../../../Documents and Settings/Jay/My Documents/DSP
BOARD/week1/Debug.lkf" "vectors.asm"

[load.asm] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -g -q -fr"C:/Documents and
Settings/Jay/My Documents/DSP BOARD/week1/Debug" -d"_DEBUG" -mv6700
-@"../../../../Documents and Settings/Jay/My Documents/DSP
BOARD/week1/Debug.lkf" "load.asm"

[week1.c] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -g -q -fr"C:/Documents and
Settings/Jay/My Documents/DSP BOARD/week1/Debug" -d"_DEBUG" -mv6700
-@"../week1/Debug.lkf" "week1.c"
"week1.c", line 3: warning: variable "k" was set but never used
"week1.c", line 3: warning: variable "m" was set but never used
"week1.c", line 4: warning: variable "value1" was set but never used
"week1.c", line 4: warning: variable "value2" was set but never used

Warning: The project has no cmd file while the Text Linker is
selected
[Linking...] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -@"Debug.lkf"

Build Complete,
  0 Errors, 5 Warnings, 0 Remarks

You can see where the variables k, m, value1 and value2 are int and
'called' but to my novice eyes it looks like its not jumping back
from 'func2(a,b,c,d)' correctly hence it thinks they are not being
called. I can sort of set through the code, but it gets into a loop
and dosen't seem to set any of the variables correctly (even the
earlier ones) when I view them through a watch window....

The next issue is that I have tried to use some other code for the
other board and all of them report loads of errors that I have no
clue how to interpritate, or where to start!

Sorry for length, thanks for your time!

Jay
Oops, sorry to double post, I just thought, what would be absolutely
awsome would be if anyone could point me in the direction of a well
commented set of basic audio IO code (ie get analogue audio line-in
channel, return audio in analogue for out the lineout stage) for the
6713 TI board, so I could read through and get to grips a bit more as
to what is going on.
I can't seem to find anything in the demo CD that I can use.

Thanks again

Jay