Using Matlab generated dll in Excel/ VBA without Excel Builder

Hi,

I have Matlab Compiler but do not own Matlab builder for Excel. Is there anyway I can convert my Matlab functions to be used in Exce/VBA.

I created dll using the compiler but was not able to make it usable in VBA. I get the following message: "Specified dll function not found". Obviously I am doing something wrong. Please help!

I do not want to purchase Excel builder.

Thanks.
0
raj_mp (1)

My "naive" method to deal with MCR and without Excel Builder has been to create stand alone applications in matlab (exe files) and invoque them in vba excell via the function Shell. For matlab functions, I have defined the inputs in a csv file (created in excel) stored in a specific path that is read it by the matlab function, and the results of this function is write in another text file that is imported to excel.

I have looked for a better solutions too, but this the best that I have currently....

May be this idea help you....

"Rajneesh " <raj_mp@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gsb1a9$19u$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have Matlab Compiler but do not own Matlab builder for Excel. Is there anyway I can convert my Matlab functions to be used in Exce/VBA.
>
> I created dll using the compiler but was not able to make it usable in VBA. I get the following message: "Specified dll function not found". Obviously I am doing something wrong. Please help!
>
> I do not want to purchase Excel builder.
>
> Thanks.
"Rajneesh " <raj_mp@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gsb1a9$19u$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have Matlab Compiler but do not own Matlab builder for Excel. Is there anyway I can convert my Matlab functions to be used in Exce/VBA.

<snip>

You can also create an XLL that will call the dll generated by the matlab compiler.

I did a test project with this and it worked out very well.

Stephen
0
cssm1 (33)

Matlab DLL and Excel VBA
Greetings, I'm trying to create a DLL with the Matlab compiler that will be used in Excel. I have an older version of the Matlab Compiler (Version 3.0), that I'm using with an older version of Matlab (Version 6.5/R13). For now, that's what I have to work with in terms of Matlab licenses. I need to create a Win32 DLL rather than a COM DLL. I do not have a license to the Excel Builder, which I know would make this job easy since it builds a COM DLL. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with some limitations, but I'd like to see if I can get something done with what I have. Here...

Using MATLAB Excel Builder
Hi everyone, I tried installing the "Function Wizard" add-in (part of Excel Builder) from Matlab folder. However, Excel gave me the following error: ActiveX component can't create object (may be a registration problem with a library you have referenced). So I'm thinking maybe this is because Excel Builder has to be purchased separately, however, in that case, why would the add-in file be included in Matlab directory? Anyway, I have no idea, did anyone encounter this before? Thanks, any suggestions are appreciated. "Tom Sawyer" <tompo@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote ...

matlab and excel conflict
Hello all, Immediately after I installed Matlab 6.5 on my computer, I started having problems with Excel. When I double click on the Excel shortcut, I get the message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If this problem persists, contact the program vendor. I have no option but to reboot the machine after getting this message. Details: EXCEL caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE at 000b:00000108. Registers: EAX=0002c320 CS=1737 EIP=00000108 EFLGS=00000202 EBX=00003e70 SS=1217 ESP=0000b41a EBP=0000b422 ECX=00011a97 DS=167f ESI=0002520c...

Speed of Matlab Builder for Excel vs. Excel Link?
Hi- I have some fairly involved matlab functions that I wish to make accesible in Excel. I have the Excel Link and have used MLPutMatrix, MLGetMatrix & MLEvalString to send my data from Excel into Matlab, run my functions and get the results back. This is however, rather slow. I have read a little bit about the Matlab Builder for Excel and it seems that this may be a better solution. Would using this tool be much faster than the Excel Link? How about compared to the time of running the function in the Matlab environment? On a related note, is there another way to make a Matlab funct...

Generate dll in msvc++ using matlab generated dll
hi, I generated a dll using the matlab command mcc. Then made a project( win32 console application project) in msvc++ using this dll and other files generated from matlab. Wrote a main function as the procedure in the matlab compiler help. That project run wihout any error and got the correct output. Now I want to generate a dll for the entire project( above mentioned ). How can I use the matlab generated dll for generating dll in msvc++? ...

how to generate Excell file using matlab
hi all. i have some problem to generate Excell file using matlab. The data that should be shown in Excell would be like this: Num0 Num1 Num2 total_sum 11 12 16 average 2.0 3.0 3.5 what is the source code in Matlab should i use to show that data in Excell? Thanks On Apr 12, 5:41=A0am, "nashriq " <adeque...@yahoo.com> wrote: > hi all. i have some problem to generate Excell file using matlab. The dat= a that should be shown in Excell would be like this: > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Num0 Num1 Num2 > total_sum =A0 =A01...

excel link with matlab using VBA
I am using VBA to take data i have from excel to send it to MatLab to perform an operation and then send it back to excel using the excel link add-in. My question is regarding the MLGetMatrix command, in general the command goes MLGetMatrix "h", "A1:A4" where h is the matrix name in matlab and A1:A4 is the range to paste the matrix. I am running this in a subroutine in VBA inside a loop in which this process will be done over and over, retrieving different matrices from MatLab after operations have been performed. How can I get the matrix retrieved from MatLab to paste t...

Bug in Matlab Builder for Excel if == is used?
Hello, I'm trying to use a working matlab function in excel (all the Mlab builder for excel steps work). The error msg I get in Excel is: Error in model.modelclass.1_0: Function 'eq' is not defined for values of class 'cell'. It seems that this occurs when == is used. for instance in this line: delind=(Data(:,1)==0); or in for example: if a==0, b=1, end; Does anyone know how this can be solved? "Tonko Gast" <tgast@dynamiccredit.com> wrote in message news:eee1d06.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello, > I'm trying to use a working matlab functi...

[Q]Using Matlab COM Object(.dll) without Matlab
Is it possible using Matlab COM Object(.dll) without Matlab program? ...

About COM objects, generated using Matlab builder, and Matlab Web server
Can someone package his GUI application into a COM object and publish it over the Web using Matlab web server? Is it possible this way that I dont have to create (for any new *.m file) a corresponding *.html or *.php file? Just re-package into a new COM object and re-publish it using matlab web server?? ...

Want to generate Excel charts inside Excel files by Perl CGI generating Excel files using WriteExcel.pm
Hi all, My web-based application requires me to generate an Excel file with the results of an analysis in the server--something I can now do using the WriteExcel.pm module, but I'd like to do more in my Perl CGI. Specifically, I'd like to generate a graph/chart plotting values in column C in a worksheet with values in column A, and also values in column B against values in column A, both in the same graph/chart. Please note that I know how to plot a graph/chart once I open a file in Excel--my question is what I can do in the Perl CGI using WriteExcel (or associated or other Perl modul...

Excel error 429 when running Matlab magic square example from Matlab builder
Hi, I was working with the Matlab builder magic square example (can be found in matlab builder users guide) in Matlab to compile and build m-files into COM objects for Excel. Essentially, the building process creates a .bas file which can be imported into Visual Basic Editor in MS Excel. In the VB code, the Matlab functions essentially end up being wrapped up inside COM objects and you can invoke these functions in the excel spreadsheet. The example works successfully for output to a single cell. For outputing to multiple cells simultaneously, the code changes a little as a macros are in...

MATLAB Excel Builder
If I build a Excell Add-ON using MATLAB Excel Builder, can I freely distribute to non MATLAB users. Ernie ...

MATLAB Builder for Excel
Hello, I am not understanding the exect use of MATLAB Builder for Excel. Can you please let me know in simple words? Thanks Nandish "Nandish " <nandishpatel.24@gmail.com> wrote in message <hu7snq$irn$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > I am not understanding the exect use of MATLAB Builder for Excel. Can you please let me know in simple words? > > Thanks > Nandish Let's imagine that you have a function f in matlab... y = f(x) and that you want to use this function in excel. (you want to be able to do =f(A2) in Excel - wher...

Web resources about - Using Matlab generated dll in Excel/ VBA without Excel Builder - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Generated collection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In diatonic set theory , a generated collection is a collection or scale formed by repeatedly adding a constant interval in integer notation ...

Moontoast, VideoGenie Team Up To Bring Brand Advocates’ User-Generated Videos To Facebook
It’s not quite the Facebook video ads that have been the subject of rumors, but social rich media advertising platform Moontoast and user-generated-video ...

Auto-generated message: (someones name) has left this conversation and will no longer see your messages ...
Well I figured out how to stop it for me, do not leave the conversation, instead open the conversation and go to the Actions tab, click "Report ...

User Generated Photos in Open Graph - Facebook-Entwickler
... With the increasing number of users having access to mobile cameras, there is a growing need to be able to share and associate those user-generated ...

Does Hyperlapse signal a bigger shift to user-generated content?
... of the level of seriousness Facebook and Instagram as a whole are taking with video creation. There’s a battle being played out on user-generated ...

Minecraft Command Block : Randomly Generated Forest - YouTube
In this video, I demonstrate what can be done by using the spreadplayers command. Keep in mind, this is just a proof of concept, and hopefully ...

Prayers for man who generated love
JOHN McCARTHY'S farewell had been billed as a football funeral. It was attended by a who's who of the game he loved, yet as a tribute it laid ...

Ex-Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins makes way for data-generated Miss Fantasy, Eva
Former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins probably wasn't counting on the ignominy of being sidelined at Myer for a data-generated fantasy woman ...

CGI - Computer Generated Effects In Movies
CGI has revolutionised filmmaking in the past decade, affecting just about every movie we watch.

Chile earthquake live: Tsunami generated after shallow 8.2 magnitude quake hits in Pacific
Parts of Chile's coastline have been hit by a tsunami after a huge magnitude 8.2 earthquake in the Pacific Ocean.