Using MATLAB to access online database

I am trying to write a program that will input user given values on a website database and then download and save the data. I have hundreds of different test cases to run and would like to have a program that will do it instead of having to put in each case myself. Does anyone know how to do this or if MATLAB is even capable?
0
smiley746 (3)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:48:01 -0500, Ashley  <smiley746@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to write a program that will input user given values on a
> website database and then download and save the data. I have hundreds of
> different test cases to run and would like to have a program that will
> do it instead of having to put in each case myself. Does anyone know how
> to do this or if MATLAB is even capable?

With the information you provided, these might help you:

If the website accepts the inputs as part of the URL string, you could
create the custom string in MATLAB based on user input and then user
URLREAD.
(doc URLREAD)
Also, 'soap' (Simple Object Access Protocol-based) might help:

Please find more details online at:
     http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f6127.html#bq__597-1
Or please paste this in the MATLAB command window:
     web([docroot,'/techdoc/matlab_external/f6127.html#bq__597-1'])