Video and Image Processing Blockset (Video Compression Demo of color video)

Hi,

There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the encoder there is a block processing block which has 7 inputs but when I double click this block I see that has 6 inputs (it does not count the IP from tag). How can we do this?

Many thanks,
Kostas
0
Kostas
8/29/2010 9:50:06 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

"Kostas " <kosotiro@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there
> is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the encoder there is a
> block processing block which has 7 inputs but when I double click this
> block I see that has 6 inputs (it does not count the IP from tag). How can
> we do this?

Was the demo created using a different version of MATLAB than the version
you have?  If so, then the specific block about which you're asking may have
changed in the release or releases between.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
8/29/2010 9:17:13 PM
Actually this demo has been created for Matlab 7.6 (included in the list of Simulink demos of Video and Image processing blockset) and I use the same version of Matlab. Might you possibly take a look at this demo?

Thanks Kostas

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <i5eiop$qfl$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Kostas " <kosotiro@yahoo.gr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there
> > is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the encoder there is a
> > block processing block which has 7 inputs but when I double click this
> > block I see that has 6 inputs (it does not count the IP from tag). How can
> > we do this?
>
> Was the demo created using a different version of MATLAB than the version
> you have?  If so, then the specific block about which you're asking may have
> changed in the release or releases between.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> comp.soft-sys.matlab (CSSM) FAQ: http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ
> http://www.mathworks.com
0
kosotiro (2)
8/30/2010 7:22:06 AM

> Actually this demo has been created for Matlab 7.6 (included in the list
> of Simulink demos of Video and Image processing blockset) and I use the
> same version of Matlab. Might you possibly take a look at this demo?

I don't work with Video and Image Processing Blockset, so I'm not the best
person to investigate.  Contact Technical Support -- one of the staff
members there that does work with that Blockset should know or be able to
determine the cause of this discrepancy.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com
comp.soft-sys.matlab (CSSM) FAQ: http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ
http://www.mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
8/30/2010 1:50:29 PM
Hi Kostas,

The block in the demo is unlike the block that you find in the library. It was hand modified to
accomodate the needs of the demo. An additional input port was added by hand thus by-passing the
mask settings. It is indeed confusing.

This problem was recently corrected in a 10a release.  This time, the block's mask corresponds exactly to what you see in terms of selections on the mask.

I'm sorry for the confusion and I hope that this explanation helps.

Regards,

Witek

Kostas  <kosotiro@yahoo.gr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the encoder there is a block processing block which has 7 inputs but when I double click this block I see that has 6 inputs (it does not count the IP from tag). How can we do this?
>
> Many thanks,
> Kostas
0
witek
8/30/2010 2:06:11 PM
Hi Mr Witek,

How can I see or edit this hand modified block because I want to make something similar for the block processing C6000 block.

Best regards,
Kostas

witek@mathworks.com wrote in message <i5gdsj$i9a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Kostas,
>
> The block in the demo is unlike the block that you find in the library. It was hand modified to
> accomodate the needs of the demo. An additional input port was added by hand thus by-passing the
> mask settings. It is indeed confusing.
>
> This problem was recently corrected in a 10a release.  This time, the block's mask corresponds exactly to what you see in terms of selections on the mask.
>
> I'm sorry for the confusion and I hope that this explanation helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Witek
>

> Kostas  <kosotiro@yahoo.gr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the encoder there is a block processing block which has 7 inputs but when I double click this block I see that has 6 inputs (it does not count the IP from tag). How can we do this?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Kostas
0
Kostas
8/31/2010 11:24:06 AM
Hi Kostas,

This block is based on a custom subsystem block.  You can simply right click on it and
select "look under mask".  Afterwards, you can begin editing it.  Please let me know if
you have any trouble doing it.

Regards,

Witek

Kostas  <kosotiro@yahoo.gr> wrote:
> Hi Mr Witek,
>
> How can I see or edit this hand modified block because I want to make something similar for the block processing C6000 block.
>
> Best regards,
> Kostas
>
> witek@mathworks.com wrote in message <i5gdsj$i9a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi Kostas,
> >
> > The block in the demo is unlike the block that you find in the library. It was hand modified to
> > accomodate the needs of the demo. An additional input port was added by hand thus by-passing the
> > mask settings. It is indeed confusing.
> >
> > This problem was recently corrected in a 10a release.  This time, the block's mask corresponds exactly to what you see in terms of selections on the mask.
> >
> > I'm sorry for the confusion and I hope that this explanation helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Witek
> >

> > Kostas  <kosotiro@yahoo.gr> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the encoder there is a block processing block which has 7 inputs but when I double click this block I see that has 6 inputs (it does not count the IP from tag). How can we do this?
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
> > > Kostas
0
witek

Video processing without video and image processing tool blockset
Hi Is it possible to do video and image processing if one doesnt have Mathlab's Video and Image Processing Blockset ? How difficult would it be ? I like to write an application to track vehicles but I dont have access to the blockset. Any help is appreciated ...

Simulink Video and Image Processing Blockset ..How to insert Text in video
I can't insert Text in video or Annotating AVI Files by using "The Insert Text block " 1) I got this error "Error in "viptextngfix/Insert Text": Unrecognized style string " Gas" encountered." 2 ) And also the Font pane is not populates with the TrueType fonts list. installed on my system. Please help; Thanks Hi Can you please send me your model. I can take a look at it. What version of MATLAB and Video and image processing blockset are you using? Thanks, -anu AUDREY wrote: > > > I can't insert Text in video or Annotating AVI ...

Going from Video Processing in MATLAB to Video Processing on a microprocessor/controller
Going from Video Processing in MATLAB to Video Processing on a microprocessor/controller Hello I just started working on a project and the goal of the project is to replicate the results that were obtained in MATLAB on a microprocessor/controller. However I am very new to this so I need help figuring out where I need to start. Background information (What was done in MATLAB). This was first done in MATLAB to see if the proposed algorithm to solve the original problem could actually work. An input video was loaded into MATLAB. Code (algorithm) was written in MATLAB to process th...

Video and Image Processing Blockset Demo
Hi,all How to extract the code generated by Video and Image Processing Blockset(Simulink) to construct a Visual Studio 2008 project? Today I built the Panorama demo,but I don't know how to transform the generated code to a Visual Studio 2008 project Can anybody help me? Thanks! "Bob Yiu" <yaobo_vip@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:h0jdo2$29o$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi,all > How to extract the code generated by Video and Image Processing > Blockset(Simulink) to construct a Visual Studio 2008 project? > Today I built the Panorama demo,but I don'...

video processing by converting the captured video to images
hi videoi am working on a video processing project. it needs following steps 1. capture video 2. convert video to frames 3. calculate snr ratio of each frame and compare the snr ratio of each frame with its previous frame. May u please help me hw to this? plz....... On Feb 12, 4:23=A0am, "Pramod " <bbhatpra...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi > videoi am working on a video processing project. it needs following steps > 1. capture video > 2. convert video to frames > 3. calculate snr ratio of each frame and compare the snr ratio of each fr= ame with its previo...

Video and Image Processing Blockset Demo #2
Hi,all How to extract the code generated by Video and Image Processing Blockset(Simulink) to construct a Visual Studio 2008 project? Today I built the Panorama demo,but I don't know how to transform the generated code to a Visual Studio 2008 project Can anybody help me? Thanks! ...

Video Compression (Test Videos)
Does anybody know where I can find non-compressed & non-filtered video for testing video compression with (AVI format)? Right now, I'm converting DivX to non-compressed AVIs; however, since DivX videos are heavily filtered (Quantized, etc.) this isn't really effecient for testing lossless video compression. Thanks... Respectfully, Eric D. Brown http://www.cae-software.com/freeware/video.ocx/ ?? regards Wolfgang Schwarz 34582 Borken/Germany "Wolfgang Schwarz" <schwarz.wolfgang@t-online.de> wrote in message news:clfpdn$1e7$05$1@news.t-online.com... >...

Video\Image Processing Blockset
Hello Everyone, I have a problem, basically I am running an edge detection demo in the Video\Imaging Blockset, I am using a camera which the Matlab environment supports. The problem is that when I connect and select this camera within the demo and start the simulation the following error message is diplayed, Cannot propagate 3-D signal from output port 1 of block 'demoimaqsl_edgedetection/From Video Device' to input port 1 of block 'demoimaqsl_edgedetection/Edge Detection'. The latter block does not accept signals with greater than 2 dimensions (either entirely or in its c...

Video forum, video discussion board, discuss video
http://vforum.com Any video related questions will be answered at VForum.com. You will be helped by experts fast and completely for free. -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

How to load images/videos to Scilab, save images/videos to files
for someone concerned from http://sivp.sourceforge.net/doc.php SIVP is an image and video processing toolbox for Scilab. SIVP Howto 1. How to install SIVP under Linux? 2. How to install SIVP under Windows 3. How to read an image from an image file? 4. How to write an image to an image file? 5. How to read frames from a video file? 6. How to read frames from a camera? 7. How to create a video from many images How to install SIVP under Linux? 1. Install Scilab>=3.1.1 and OpenCV>=0.9.6. (If you want video support, OpenCV should be compiled wi...

About Video and Image Processing Blockset
Hi, all I want to make a program, which can detect shot, select key frame and extract motion features and static features from video. Does Video and Image Processing Blockset has such functions? Which motion features can be extracted by using Video and Image Processing Blockset? If you can help me, please email to me. Thank you very much! Best Regards! Wang shangfei Hi Shangfei, The Video and Image Processing blockset provides many blocks/features that can help you with your task. Please have a look at this web page: http://www.mathworks.com/products/viprocessing/ which includes th...

Video and Image Processing Blockset
Hi All, I want to know whether all the blocks available in the Video and Image Processing Blockset in R2007b(V2.4) or R2008a(V2.5)are supported for embedded real-time (ERT) ANSI C code generation? If it is not means we can't generate C-code for the model which contains these blocks. Another question is can we generate M-files from simulink models? Thanks, See http://www.mathworks.com/products/viprocessing/ Contact technical support if you still can't find the answers to your questions. Thanks. Inpakala Naveen wrote: > Hi All, > > I wa...

AVI Color Videos to GreyScale Video
I am sure this has been asked many times but am not able to figure it out. Basically am trying to convert my '.avi' videos into greyscale or black and white. Here is my code: vidTest=textread('.\test_input\list_test.txt','%s'); for x=1:length(vidTest) video_obj=mmreader(['.\test_in\',vidTest{x}]); frames = read(video_obj); video_obj = rgb2gray(video_obj); no_frames = video_obj.NumberOfFrames; frames_width = video_obj.Width; frames_height = video_obj.Height; end Please advice Thanks Anybody? Just want to know how to convert each...

jamba handy video schuelerin kostenlose jamba handy videos jamba handy videos umwandeln jamba handy videos kostenlos jamba handy musik videos jamba handy videos de
jamba handy video schuelerin kostenlose jamba handy videos jamba handy videos umwandeln jamba handy videos kostenlos jamba handy musik videos jamba handy videos de + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMB...

witzige jamba handy videos jamba handy video konvertieren 3gp jamba handy videos jamba videos in handy format jamba handy musik videos jamba handy video gesamtschule
witzige jamba handy videos jamba handy video konvertieren 3gp jamba handy videos jamba videos in handy format jamba handy musik videos jamba handy video gesamtschule + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JA...

taff jamba handy video jamba handy video 16 jamba handy videos abspielen akte 07 jamba handy video jamba handy mit video kostenlose jamba handy video
taff jamba handy video jamba handy video 16 jamba handy videos abspielen akte 07 jamba handy video jamba handy mit video kostenlose jamba handy video + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/...

jamba fun videos fuers handy jamba handy video clips 3gp jamba videos fuer handy jamba videos aufs handy jamba handy video jamba handy videos kostenlos
jamba fun videos fuers handy jamba handy video clips 3gp jamba videos fuer handy jamba videos aufs handy jamba handy video jamba handy videos kostenlos + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON...

jamba handy video 3gp lustige jamba videos fuer handy jamba handy video free jamba handy video witzige jamba handy videos jamba fun videos fuers handy
jamba handy video 3gp lustige jamba videos fuer handy jamba handy video free jamba handy video witzige jamba handy videos jamba fun videos fuers handy + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + JAMBA HANDY VIDEOS + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-VIDEOS.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + JAMBA HANDY KLINGELTON + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON.DE/ http://WWW.JAMBA-KLINGELTON....

Online video ads | Video Spokesperson | Innovate video Ads
Online video ads | Video Spokesperson | Innovate video Ads Online Video Ads - innovateads.com - creates video spokespersons live on website, Online Video Ads, Video Snack and helps to improve web marketing results. Details: http://www.innovateads.com Innovate Media Group 3199 A-3 Airport Loop Drive Costa Mesa California 92626 ...

Video\Image Processing Blockset #2
Hello, I have kind of solved the problem, basically on the Functional Block Parameter for the video device you make the correct setting for signal type in 'Ports'. The question remains however that how do I get the Prewitt (or any other functional block) block to recieve a 3-D signal? Thankyou Regards Sheraz, I think that it's better to think about the processing that you are trying to achieve. The 3-D signal is a color signal, so a better question would be: how do I detect edges in a color input? That problem can be solved in different ways. One, simple approach is to con...

New Video and Image Processing Blockset
Sample CSSM Posting for a 1.0 Product The Video and Image Processing Blockset for Simulink is now available from The MathWorks. The Video and Image Processing Blockset provides a rich, customizable framework for the rapid design, simulation, implementation, and verification of video and image processing algorithms and systems in the Simulink environment. It includes basic primitives and advanced algorithms for the model-based design of embedded imaging systems in a wide range of applications For more information on the Video and Image Processing Blockset, please visit: http://www.mathworks.com/products/viprocessing/ Dave Jackson The MathWorks ...

video processing- calculate area of objects in a video
Hi guys, I've recently started using Matlab so my question might sound trivial and have a really quick answer. Anw, I've got some videos in .avi format and I want to calculate the area of a specific object in that video. However the area of that object changes during the video, so I need matlab to report all the calculated areas as a series related to time. Any sugggestions on the approach? Thanks a lot! ...

Reference Video Clips for Video Compression Testing?
Hi Folks, Are there any raw video clips (YUV 4:2:2, preferably) that are known stressors on video encoders (e.g., MPEG-4 ASP, H.264, etc.)? Is there a standard set of clips used for verification of video codecs? --Randy Folks, I was hoping someone here can address this question. Please help if you can. I hate trying to pick something for my testing based on my own ignorance of the subject. Any help would be appreciated. --Randy ...

Take snapshot from video in matlab(Recorded Video)
Hi all, Want to take a snapshor(frame) from video that play in gui on axes, Is it so complex;? But the video is not a real time, it is a recorded video before. Pls help sincerely ...

Web resources about - Video and Image Processing Blockset (Video Compression Demo of color video) - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Compression (physical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Physical compression is the result of the subjection of a material or structure to compressive stress , which results in reduction of volume ...

Sports science: Does compression gear benefit your workout?
&quot;No amount of compression can outdo a bad night's sleep or 22 vodka Red Bulls.&quot;

The Logic Pros: Time compression and pitch correction with Logic’s built-in Flex tools
In this week’s episode of the The Logic Pros , Flex audio features are up, with some serious hardware reviews on deck. Next week we will start ...

VESA Releases DisplayPort 1.4 Standard: DisplayPort Adds Compression & HDR
One of the more interesting aspects of the DisplayPort standards is how the VESA has the separate but strongly intertwined DisplayPort and Embedded ...

Reduce data usage, turn on data compression in Chrome – Android customization
The web browser can be a major data user on our devices, this Android customization post will show you how to turn on data compression in Chrome, ...

Opera Max Now Supports Data Compression For Netflix And YouTube Video
Opera Max has been out for a while, and it's been helpful to those who find themselves running low on data each billing cycle. This app uses ...

Google launches Brotli, a new open source compression algorithm to speed up the web
As websites and online services become ever more demanding, the need for compression increases exponentially. Fans of Silicon Valley will be ...

China Mobile, Huawei and Qualcomm, Debut Uplink Data Compression on 4G Network
China Mobile, Huawei and Qualcomm, Debut Uplink Data Compression on 4G Network Cellular News China Mobile, along with Huawei and Qualcomm announced ...

Opera Mini browser for Android gets new data compression tech
The latest version for the mobile browser adds a new High compression mode that minimises data expenditure without affecting the page display. ...

Google to boost compression performance in Chrome 49
Google yesterday announced that a new in-house compression algorithm, dubbed "Brotli," will soon be added to Chrome to speed up page loading ...