Warning function has same name as MATLAB builtin

Hello,
I am a new user of Matlab and I just installed R2007b with 50 toolboxes.
I need Matlab to run an EEG data analysis platform called Chronux, so I installed the software by adding Chronux and subfolders to the path. The next time I started Matlab, a number of warning messages of this type appeared:

Warning: Function /Applications/MATLAB_R2007b/toolbox/compiler/deploy/clc.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you
rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
Warning: Function /Applications/MATLAB_R2007b/toolbox/compiler/deploy/clc.mexmaci has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest
you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.

This is the case for files from the toolbox/mcr/matlab/ directory as well.
After these messages Matlab doesn't even allow accessing the path.

According to Chronux's manual: "Most of the code is written in the Matlab scripting language, with some exceptions as compiled C code integrated using Matlab mex functions. Chronux has been tested and runs under Matlab releases R13 to the current R2008a under the Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems."

Prior to installing Chronux, there were no warning messages, so I am assuming the original Matlab installation was successful. My guess is that it's an interaction between the chronux complied codes and the Matlab toolbox(es).

Warnings occur irrespective of whether the chronux folder is before vs. after the matlab/toolbox in the path.

Any hints how to resolve this issue?

Thank you kindly
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 20 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

How to fix this " Warning: Function j has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict. "
I am using Matlab r2015a on windows 10. so, how to fiz this? On 03/21/2015 4:09 AM, Altin Guberi wrote: > I am using Matlab r2015a on windows 10. so, how to fiz this? Do what it says, rename the m-file you created (or got from somewhere else) to some name that doesn't conflict. -- ...

Got a message from matlab: E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin
Hi, I am new to matlab. I tried to run a script file from my professor in my laptop but got this message: Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict. > In path at 110 In paper2 at 9 Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.mexw32 has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict. > In path at 110 In paper2 at 9 Does anybody please tell me what happened and...

MATLAB function name passed in a function call
I have a statement as follows: wc = FWT_PO(x_use,4,QMF) where QMF is the name of a MATLAB function (QMF.m, the Quadrature Mirror Filter function). x_use is an array. The function FWT_PO is just regular MATLAB statements. Problem is that control immediately goes to QMF.m whereupon it bombs out with a "not enough input arguments" error message. Do not understand this form of function call line, cannot find it described in the MATLAB "Help", & thus do not understand cause of the error or how to fix. In article <eed8cdf.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, kbannister@ara.com says...

embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a
I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked. Thanks to the contribution from above! ...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

Call Matlab functions from mex (matlab function's input is string)
Here is my mex code: void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]){ char errBuff[1]={'A'}; //create mxArray pointer mxArray *mxerr; //copy errBuff to mxArray mxerr = mxCreateString(errBuff); //initialize mxArray with errBuff char array, return to pointer //call matlab function mexCallMATLAB(0,NULL, 1,mxerr, "errorCatcher"); //destroy mxArray mxDestroyArray(mxerr); //destroy mxArray printf("destroyed mex array\n"); }//end of mexFunction errorCatcher accepts string inp...

Conflict between property name and Matlab buit-in function name
I am writing some OOP code in Matlab and I wonder if there is any way to specific a function from the Matlab built-in class. The reason why I want to do this is because I want to be able to use some of the Matlab built-in function names (such as "mean" and "kurtosis") as property names of my class and use the corresponding builtin function to compute these property values. To illustrate my problem, I want to be able to do something like this: function value = get.mean( obj ) value = MatlabClass.mean( obj.values ) ; end Thanks for reading. Perhaps t...

what is the function name in Matlab?
Hello all: Given a masked region and dimension of an image, Matlab can return a image with indicated width and height and display masked region as a image. I knew matlab provides such function, but i don't remember the function name. does anyone know the name of that function? thank you On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 10:01:28 -0400, Daniel Mark wrote: > Hello all: > > Given a masked region and dimension of an image, Matlab can return a > image with indicated width and height and display masked region as a > image. > > I knew matlab provides such function, but i don't ...

call to matlab function from matlab GUI stalls
I have the following problem. I have created a simple Matlab GUI (for our purposes it can just be considered a Matlab function) which gathers some parameters and then invokes a perl script that in turn calls other perl and Matlab scripts to perform various calculations. If instead of using the Matlab GUI, I run the perl command from the unix prompt, the flow runs and concludes correctly. BUT if I invoke the flow from the Matlab GUI (function), then it runs correctly by calling various other perl and Matlab scripts, but then when it reaches the third Matlab function call, it consistently stalls...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

EngSim: All Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++, /C++. Good Graphics.
ENGSIM is an Engineering Simulation & Graphics Library for Microsoft Visual C++. It has all Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Very Easy to program. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++. Graphics Support is Very Good. Support Negative Indexing for Array/Matrix, Complex Array and Complex Matrix. Support Fix-point/Floating-point Communications Engineering and Signal Processing Simulation. Support Statistical Analysis. Support User- Defined Classes. Support User-Graphics Development ...

softly interrupting a MATLAB function
Does anyone know if there is a way to interrupt a long-running MATLAB function in such a way that one can execute a separate set of commands in a "catch"-type environment? Basically, I'd like to combine Cntl-C with error trapping, so that Cntl-C executes a catch block (i.e., try-catch-end), since it doesn't occur naturally. I have done something similar to this in a GUI environment, but in this case, it is in batch mode. Thanks, Mark Mark Abramson wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to interrupt a long-running MATLAB > function in such a way that one can exec...

Current function name in Matlab
Is there a wat to programmatically find the name of the function that Matlab is currently executing. I want to use the function name for error/debug logging of my functions? Thanks, Venkat veaswar@gmail.com wrote in message <fd986784-2236-42a3-a0a6-2d3e1ba37df3@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>... > Is there a wat to programmatically find the name of the function that > Matlab is currently executing. I want to use the function name for > error/debug logging of my functions? > > Thanks, > Venkat > > help mfilename Bruno On Mar 8, 4:12 pm, "Bruno Luong&quo...

Passing function arguments to Matlab via Matlab Engine
If someone can help me here , it will be greatly appreciated ... I was able to set up the Matlab Engine Call via C properly without any issues.. , done it via a C function calll .. something like this ... : ////////////////////////////////////////////////// #include <math.h> ..... int matlab_call(double Amp) { Engine *ep; mxArray *A = NULL, *result = NULL; if (!(ep = engOpen(""))) { fprintf(stderr, "\nCan't start MATLAB engine\n"); return EXIT_FAILURE; } ... } ////////////////////////////////////////////////// Now i want to...

Web resources about - Warning function has same name as MATLAB builtin - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Standing desks may boost students’ cognitive function as well as health
(credit: Texas A&M University ) Standing desks—most often installed in efforts to improve physical activity and health—may help get your noggin ...

A Non-Sokratic Dialogue on Social Welfare Functions: Hoisted from the Archives from 2003
**[A Non-Sokratic Dialogue on Social Welfare Functions: Hoisted from the Archives from 2003](http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2 ...

Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless
Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless

Here's how squads and iron sights will function in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
... roles and create a squad, and the creator can name, lock, or invite others to their little group. The more an outfit fills up, the more functions ...

Learning F# – The Thunderdome Principle for Functions
... One object enters, one object leaves! What I like about F# is that the language designers took a similar approach when they implemented functions. ...

Slim and Soft Cover-Ups: Protecting Your Laptop with Function and Style
I’m a klutz. My phone has the scars and cracks to prove it. Likewise, my laptop bears scratches and dents in the lid, from me banging it into ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Power Through Your Work With a “Forcing Function”
... to flow faster and more easily when I know I only have a couple of hours to turn it in. Entrepreneur Dan Martell calls this a “forcing function” ...

Macphun Creative Kit 2016 review: Critical photo editing functions delivered in one diverse app
With Creative Kit, Macphun wants to pick up where Apple’s now-defunct Aperture left off. As a plug-in to Photos , Macphun’s apps significantly ...