What is an affine transform?

For the mathematical point of view.
0
mihaispr (1096)
6/11/2009 6:34:02 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 208739 articles. 9 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Sprinceana " <mihaispr@yahoo.com> wrote in message <h0q8gq$b2e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> For the mathematical point of view.

I cannot understand the document here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affine_transformation

I understand that is a linear transformation follower by a translation.
0
mihaispr (1096)
6/11/2009 6:43:01 AM
Michael,
Can you PLEASE post Matlab related questions only to CSSM. There are other forums for general mathematics questions.
Darren.
"Darren Rowland" <darrenjremovethisrowland@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h0qb8t$6bj$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Michael,
> Can you PLEASE post Matlab related questions only to CSSM. There are other forums for general mathematics questions.
> Darren.

Sry for that!

Can you give me an example pls? (a link)

I didn't knew that!

Sry again!

Waiting for your response!
0
mihaispr (1096)

transforming vector by affine transformation
Let A be an affine transformation and v a vector. The book "Geometric Tools for Computer Graphics" says: T(v) = T(Q - P) = T(Q) - T(P) But 1 + (-1) = 0. Don't the weights of the points need to sum to one? Q - P isn't even an affine combination... A vector being the difference of two points is not translated over affine transformation. So, vectors are transformed linearly, not affinely. For an affine transformation T(x) = Bx + c, where B is a square matrix whose columns are the target coordinates of the local unit axes and c the target position of the local origin, ...

Affine transform
Hello, All! Where I may get the affine transform algorhitm with a simple example in any language (Delphi/C/C++)? Vladimir. On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:16:35 +0300, "Getalo Vladimir" <korben@mariupol.net> wrote: > Hello, All! > > Where I may get the affine transform algorhitm with a simple example in any > language (Delphi/C/C++)? I'm not sure what you mean by "the affine transform algorithm". For instance any pair of "formulas" x' = a1*x + b1*y + c1 y' = a2*x + b2*y + c2 where a*,b*,c* are real numbers defines an affine mappin...

affine transform,
In books like "Geometric Tools for Computer Graphics" it seems that they assume a transformation is affine to construct the matrix representation without proving it is affine first. In particular, they often use the step: T(P) = T(Q + v) = T(Q) + T(v) = Q + T(v), where T(Q) = Q because Q is invariant under the transform. But how is T(Q + v) = T(Q) + T(v) legal until they have proved it is an affine transform? "vsgdp" <hello@null.com> wrote in message news:TfZtg.6686$5K2.5606@fed1read03... > In books like "Geometric Tools for Computer Graphics&quo...

affine transformations
hi, how would you use the built in java 'affine transformations' found here :- http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/awt/geom/AffineTransform.html#rotate(double) for example, lets say i needed to shear the point (2,3), how would i use these commands to accomplish this? thanks jeremy watts Jeremy Watts wrote, under subject 'affine transformations': > hi, > > how would you use the built in java 'affine transformations' found > here :- > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/awt/geom/AffineTransform.html#rotate(double) > > for examp...

Affine transformation
Hello! I've got an image and I've tried to use the cp2tform function to map an image in a grid. I've defined these grids: >> grid_X=[0.0:1/(nx-1):1.0]; >> grid_Y=[0.0:1/(ny-1):1.0]; I've defined this matrix: > A=[0 0; 1 0; 1 1; 0 1]; I've selected 4 vertex from the image in this way: imshow(im); angoli=ginput(4); angoli = 173 108 468 133 510 391 138 379 At this point I've used the function cp2tform: >> tform=cp2tform(A, angoli, 'projective'); >> H=(tform.tdata.Tinv)'; Now I would get the coordinates of the image ...

Affine transformation
Hi everyone, I need to create an affine transformation matrix with the following order: - translation in the x direction - uniform scaling in x and y - and a rotation about the image center. Can someone tell me what the affine matrix would look like? Ia m having some confusion with the homogeneous coordinates... Cheers, Anja "Anja" <anja.ende@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:5316ad5f-98de-4b8c-a8bc-da2af936147e@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I need to create an affine transformation matrix with the following > order: > > - translation in the x direction...

Affine transformation?
Hi, I have an affine 2x2 matrix. How do I get the transformed ("global") scale factors sx, sy? I mean the scale factors which could be applied to the already transformed (global) points. This need is a bit untypical. But I need this for drawing a thick line. I already have the global line points, but I also need to draw the thickness which depends on the matrix too. ( the typical way is to draw a line as transformed polygon, but not in my case). I tried to get the scale factor by transforming a vector, but this is obviously wrong. For example. I transformed (sx = 1,sy = 1), and thus...

Affine Transformation --map transformation to original image size after alignment
Hello, I am using the following code to align several frames: The original images are 4096*4096. Due to speed accuracy, I found it more suitable to re-size the images to 512*512 and executed the following code: while ii < length(images) % Read in new frame imgA = imgB; imgAp = imgBp; imgB = imresize(imread(cs{ii}),[512,512]); % Estimate transform from frame A to frame B, and fit as an s-R-t H = cvexEstStabilizationTform(imgA,imgB); HsRt = cvexTformToSRT(H); ...

a detailed description of the images we get from cosine transform and fourier transform of an image using matlab
I have a problem with transform coding .I have write matlab code for fourier transform and cosine transform Transform Coding on a jpeg image and compae the results (a) Write a program to compute the information loss associated with the following transform coding schemes: Case 1 Case 2 Transform: Fourier Cosine Subimage Size: 8 x 8 8 x 8 Bit Allocation: 8-largest coding 8-largest coding Use the routines developed in Project 08-01 to quantify the loss of information. Download the image in Fig. 8.23 and use the program to compare Cases 1 and 2. (b) Gradually decrease...

Does MATLAB's continuous wavelet transform and discrete wavelet transform use filter banks?
I am unsure how wavelet transform is performed in MATLAB. Do CWT and DWT functions compute the coefficients using Mallat's Pyramidal algorithm and filter banks? If not, what is the algorithm behind the functions? ...

3D Affine Transform
I am trying to transform an image (2d or 3d) in 3 dimensions. I have made my 3d transform matrix using 'maketform' function. Then, I use 'tformfwd' function to actually apply this transformation on the image. This is where I am having problems. It gives me an error for missmatch dimensions. Are there any simpler functions to solve this problem?? Any Idea what am i doing wrong? Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thanks AG ****************************************************** function T = afft3(alpha, beta, gamma, sx,sy,sz,tx,ty,tz) R1 = [ sx*cos(gamma)*cos(beta), -sy*sin(ga...

DITA to MATLAB Transformation?
Hello All, I am new to MATLAB and the process for creating custom documentation. I want to format my documentation the way MATLAB formats theirs as delivered as opposed to displaying my documentation in a supplementary CHM as the MATLAB documentation suggests. The reason for using DITA is that there will be two documentation types--PDF and MATLAB--and I want to leverage the single source aspect of DITA among some of its other features. If you have any hints or experience with handling challenges like this, it'd be great to hear from you. Alan ...

Differentiation of the affine transformation
Hi there, I am facing a problem of calculating the differentiation of the affine transformation w.r.t. the image intensity and the transfromation parameters. May I ask if anyone has an idea how to do it in Matlab please? For example: I have an image I and 6 input parameters: affineKernelMatrix = [ 1 0 0; 0 1 0; 0 0 1]; affineKernelMatrix(1:3, 1:2) = reshape(inputsParameters(1:6), 3, 2); affineTransform = maketform('affine', affineKernelMatrix); affineTransformedImage = imtransform(I, affineTransform, ... 'UData', udata, 'VData', vdata, ... 'XData', ...

Fitting for an affine transform
Hi, Does matlab have any facility for fitting an unknown affine transform? I need to read more on the subject, but I have 3 pairs of points. I want to find an affine transform which satisfies all of them (or the best affine transform possible for all 3 I guess). Thanks ...

Web resources about - What is an affine transform? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Fourier transform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Fourier transform , named for Joseph Fourier , is a mathematical transform with many applications in physics and engineering . Very commonly, ...

Amir Arjomand-A Regime Facing a Legitimacy Crisis Will Transform Dialogue Over a Drying Lake Into A Matter ...
Banooye Sabz hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Amir Arjomand-A Regime Facing a Legitimacy Crisis Will Transform Dialogue Over a Drying Lake Into A ...

➚ Trevor sez, "Friday and Saturday night, design collective The Mission Business transforms Toronto's ...
Trevor sez, "Friday and Saturday night, design collective The Mission Business transforms Toronto's Evergreen Brick Works into an end of the ...

Building Nonprofit Boards that Transform Lives
Editor's Note: Building Excellent Schools is part of the LinkedIn Board Member Connect program which helps nonprofit leaders easily identify ...

Transform Your Life Hypnosis on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Transform Your Life Hypnosis. Download Transform Your Life Hypnosis ...

The Age of Graphene and how it will transform our mobile experiences
University of Manchester You may have heard about graphene. Ever since its discovery, scientists have been touting its potential to transform ...

New Music Apps from Apple Transform iOS Devices into Handheld Studios for Songwriters & Beatmakers
... for songs,” said Ryan Adams, critically acclaimed singer-songwriter and producer. “It quite literally blew my mind how Music Memos could transform ...

Can an abandoned factory transform into a high-tech hotbed?
... cleaning the polluted old GM grounds. The 335-acre facility would be the largest of its kind. Continue reading Can an abandoned factory transform ...

'People v. O.J. Simpson' star Sarah Paulson says it took 2 hours of hair and makeup to drastically transform ...
... prosecutor, Marcia Clark. "You don’t think I look like Marcia Clark?" she joked when Business Insider asked her about the physical transformation ...

ENGAGE.cx And Cisco Transform the $2.2T Digital-Physical Divide with Out-of ...
ENGAGE.cx And Cisco Transform the $2.2T Digital-Physical Divide with Out-of ... Business Wire (press release) NEW YORK(BUSINESS WIRE)Unveiled ...