What is an affine transform?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

For the mathematical point of view.
0
Reply mihaispr (1095) 6/11/2009 6:34:02 AM

See related articles to this posting

"Sprinceana " <mihaispr@yahoo.com> wrote in message <h0q8gq$b2e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> For the mathematical point of view.

I cannot understand the document here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affine_transformation

I understand that is a linear transformation follower by a translation.
0
Reply mihaispr (1095) 6/11/2009 6:43:01 AM

Michael,
Can you PLEASE post Matlab related questions only to CSSM. There are other forums for general mathematics questions.
Darren.
0
Reply darrenjremovethisrowland (273) 6/11/2009 7:21:01 AM

"Darren Rowland" <darrenjremovethisrowland@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h0qb8t$6bj$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Michael,
> Can you PLEASE post Matlab related questions only to CSSM. There are other forums for general mathematics questions.
> Darren.

Sry for that!

Can you give me an example pls? (a link)

I didn't knew that!

Sry again!

Waiting for your response!
0
Reply mihaispr (1095) 6/11/2009 7:27:01 AM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

transforming vector by affine transformation
Let A be an affine transformation and v a vector. The book "Geometric Tools for Computer Graphics" says: T(v) = T(Q - P) = T(Q) - T(P) But 1 + (-1) = 0. Don't the weights of the points need to sum to one? Q - P isn't even an affine combination... A vector being the difference of two points is not translated over affine transformation. So, vectors are transformed linearly, not affinely. For an affine transformation T(x) = Bx + c, where B is a square matrix whose columns are the target coordinates of the local unit axes and c the target position of the local origin, ...

Affine transformation
Hello! I've got an image and I've tried to use the cp2tform function to map an image in a grid. I've defined these grids: >> grid_X=[0.0:1/(nx-1):1.0]; >> grid_Y=[0.0:1/(ny-1):1.0]; I've defined this matrix: > A=[0 0; 1 0; 1 1; 0 1]; I've selected 4 vertex from the image in this way: imshow(im); angoli=ginput(4); angoli = 173 108 468 133 510 391 138 379 At this point I've used the function cp2tform: >> tform=cp2tform(A, angoli, 'projective'); >> H=(tform.tdata.Tinv)'; Now I would get the coordinates of the image ...

Affine transform
Hello, All! Where I may get the affine transform algorhitm with a simple example in any language (Delphi/C/C++)? Vladimir. On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:16:35 +0300, "Getalo Vladimir" <korben@mariupol.net> wrote: > Hello, All! > > Where I may get the affine transform algorhitm with a simple example in any > language (Delphi/C/C++)? I'm not sure what you mean by "the affine transform algorithm". For instance any pair of "formulas" x' = a1*x + b1*y + c1 y' = a2*x + b2*y + c2 where a*,b*,c* are real numbers defines an affine mappin...

Affine transformation
Hi everyone, I need to create an affine transformation matrix with the following order: - translation in the x direction - uniform scaling in x and y - and a rotation about the image center. Can someone tell me what the affine matrix would look like? Ia m having some confusion with the homogeneous coordinates... Cheers, Anja "Anja" <anja.ende@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:5316ad5f-98de-4b8c-a8bc-da2af936147e@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I need to create an affine transformation matrix with the following > order: > > - translation in the x direction...

affine transform,
In books like "Geometric Tools for Computer Graphics" it seems that they assume a transformation is affine to construct the matrix representation without proving it is affine first. In particular, they often use the step: T(P) = T(Q + v) = T(Q) + T(v) = Q + T(v), where T(Q) = Q because Q is invariant under the transform. But how is T(Q + v) = T(Q) + T(v) legal until they have proved it is an affine transform? "vsgdp" <hello@null.com> wrote in message news:TfZtg.6686$5K2.5606@fed1read03... > In books like "Geometric Tools for Computer Graphics&quo...

affine transformations
hi, how would you use the built in java 'affine transformations' found here :- http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/awt/geom/AffineTransform.html#rotate(double) for example, lets say i needed to shear the point (2,3), how would i use these commands to accomplish this? thanks jeremy watts Jeremy Watts wrote, under subject 'affine transformations': > hi, > > how would you use the built in java 'affine transformations' found > here :- > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/awt/geom/AffineTransform.html#rotate(double) > > for examp...

Affine Transformation --map transformation to original image size after alignment
Hello, I am using the following code to align several frames: The original images are 4096*4096. Due to speed accuracy, I found it more suitable to re-size the images to 512*512 and executed the following code: while ii < length(images) % Read in new frame imgA = imgB; imgAp = imgBp; imgB = imresize(imread(cs{ii}),[512,512]); % Estimate transform from frame A to frame B, and fit as an s-R-t H = cvexEstStabilizationTform(imgA,imgB); HsRt = cvexTformToSRT(H); ...

Affine transformation?
Hi, I have an affine 2x2 matrix. How do I get the transformed ("global") scale factors sx, sy? I mean the scale factors which could be applied to the already transformed (global) points. This need is a bit untypical. But I need this for drawing a thick line. I already have the global line points, but I also need to draw the thickness which depends on the matrix too. ( the typical way is to draw a line as transformed polygon, but not in my case). I tried to get the scale factor by transforming a vector, but this is obviously wrong. For example. I transformed (sx = 1,sy = 1), and thus...

affine transformation to rasters
Hi all, I am working on fractals through IFS (Iterated Function Systems). An IFS ca be defined as a set of affine transformations that are iteratively applied to an initial image. All examples in the Wolfram Demonstrations Project do IFSs with polygons. When you apply an affine transformation to a raster image, you get the rotations, reflections, and shearings right, but not the translations nor the scalings. I am reading a jpg file with import, extracting the raster from it, and applying an affine transformation. oce = Import["ExampleData/ocelot.jpg"]; oceras = o...

Fitting for an affine transform
Hi, Does matlab have any facility for fitting an unknown affine transform? I need to read more on the subject, but I have 3 pairs of points. I want to find an affine transform which satisfies all of them (or the best affine transform possible for all 3 I guess). Thanks ...

Help on affine transform
Hi, I have been trying to use maketform, tformarray and makeresampler to perform a principal axes transform of a 3D dataset, without success: The transformed datasets prin. axes are not aligned with coordinate sys. axes, because the initial mapping to the origin cuts off the data. How can achieve mapping the mass centre to the origin without "loosing" values with tformarray? Best, Felix. % snip % intertia matrix based on mass-centered moments T=[M_200 M_110 M_101; M_110 M_020 M_011; M_101 M_011 M_002]; T=T./M_000; [R,D]=eig(T); R=[R(3,:);R(1,:);R(2,:)]; % mass center ...

Differentiation of the affine transformation
Hi there, I am facing a problem of calculating the differentiation of the affine transformation w.r.t. the image intensity and the transfromation parameters. May I ask if anyone has an idea how to do it in Matlab please? For example: I have an image I and 6 input parameters: affineKernelMatrix = [ 1 0 0; 0 1 0; 0 0 1]; affineKernelMatrix(1:3, 1:2) = reshape(inputsParameters(1:6), 3, 2); affineTransform = maketform('affine', affineKernelMatrix); affineTransformedImage = imtransform(I, affineTransform, ... 'UData', udata, 'VData', vdata, ... 'XData', ...

Affine transformation of a polytope.
Hi, I am trying to find affine transformation of a polytope(more specifically a zonotope) given by Ax<=b. Is there any package that I can use to do the same? thanks, --a. "Amit Bhatia" <amit.bhatia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131271203.365704.61370@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I am trying to find affine transformation of a polytope(more > specifically a zonotope) given by Ax<=b. For the polytope generated by A*x <= b. The vectors x and b are 3-by-1. Let A be n-by-3. Let the affine transformation be y = M*x+T, where M is 3-by-3 and T is 3-by-1....

Shear Affine Transformation
Hi Everyone, This is a simple question but for some reason it's going over my head. I want to do a shear transformation 20 degrees to the right (parallel to x axis). Right now I'm applying the following affine transformation matrix: [1 tan(20) 0 1 0 0] Though it seems that this is shearing slighting too much (the tops of the characters are too far to the right). Am I missing something? Thanks! > This is a simple question but for some reason it's going over my head. > I want to do a shear transformation 20 degrees to the right (parallel &...

affine transformation interpolation
hi, I'm pretty new to matlab, it took me quite a while to figure out how to do this...can only come to ask for help. Now I've got an image I, an affine transformation matrix T = [.9,.9,.001,.5,.5] which represents the scale, orientation and displacement. How can I apply this transformation T onto image I so that I get a complete image? Should I use interp3 or things like this to do the work? I've tried, but it's a bit complicated :( Thanks so much for any help! ...

computings for an affine transformation
I want to map a scanned map of my town to lat/long coordinates. The affine transformation seems to be the right way to do this: x' = a*x + b*y + c y' = d*x + e*y + f The Problem is getting the right parameters for a, b, c, d, e and f. When I have three controlpoints in both coordinate systems I get a linear equitation system. But I'm unable to solve it. Is there any source code available to get from controlpoints to the parameters for the affine transformation? Any other hints for solving this? drt D. R. Tzeck <drt-usenet-200310@un.bewaff.net> wrote: > The affine tr...

java affine transformations
hi, how would you use the built in java 'affine transformations' found here :- http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/awt/geom/AffineTransform.html#rotate(double) for example, lets say i needed to shear the point (2,3), how would i use these commands to accomplish this? thanks jeremy watts On Sat, 10 May 2008 02:27:01 -0700 (PDT), Jeremy Watts <jwatts1970@hotmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >how would you use the built in java 'affine transformations' found for background, see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/affinetransform.html --...

3D Affine Transform
I am trying to transform an image (2d or 3d) in 3 dimensions. I have made my 3d transform matrix using 'maketform' function. Then, I use 'tformfwd' function to actually apply this transformation on the image. This is where I am having problems. It gives me an error for missmatch dimensions. Are there any simpler functions to solve this problem?? Any Idea what am i doing wrong? Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thanks AG ****************************************************** function T = afft3(alpha, beta, gamma, sx,sy,sz,tx,ty,tz) R1 = [ sx*cos(gamma)*cos(beta), -sy*sin(ga...

Derivative of the affine transformation
Hello all, I am trying to do a simple image registration algorithm where I am trying to find the optimal rigid transformation parameters and minimising the sum of square differences between the reference and transformed image. So, assume I have a reference image 'r' and I have another image 's' and I am trying to find the rigid transformation that finds the spatial correspondences between 'r' and 's'. So, my cost function is given by f = 0.5 * \sum [r(p) - s (M(p))]^2 Here, M is the rigid transformation matrix which is given by the product of rotation a...

Affine Transformation Matrix
Hi everybody, One aspect of the DICOM standard I am unclear on is the affine transformati= on matrix. Suppose you have two images who are in different orientations an= d with different image position elements. If a registration exists between = the two images using the affine model then a simple rotation and translatio= n should account for this. However, from what reference point is the transl= ation starting from. i.e. if Image B is deformed onto a static image A, then how are image B and imag= e A aligned before starting the transformation. Are the top left corners al= igned, o...

Ask about invert affine transformation
Hi all, I am practicing with Geometric transformation by using Matlab tool. I used the imtransform function to do affine transformation. But I do knot which function can help me to do invert transformation?? Are there anyone having experience about this issue?? huylp <huy1208@gmail.com> wrote in message <4dbff880-9745-43a6-ad5f-f63a8524c5d5@l32g2000vba.googlegroups.com>... > Hi all, > > I am practicing with Geometric transformation by using Matlab tool. I > used the imtransform function to do affine transformation. But I do > knot which function can help me to do...

affine transformation homography matrix
Hi Can any one help me with matlab code and theory on how to find a projective transformation (3*3) homography matrix between two images "hemanth" <hemanthdv@gmail.com> writes: > Hi Can any one help me with matlab code and theory on how to find a > projective transformation (3*3) homography matrix between two images We can't teach you this in a newsgroup. Start reading papers on image registration. There's an old (but good) survey paper on a whole set of techniques for co-registering images. Different algorithms work well on different sorts of data. http:/...

3D Affine Transform #2
In a 3D Affine Transform ,I have two sets of 3D data((x,y,z):after applying transformation,(x0,y0,z0):before applying transformation(original data)),and now I want two obtain the 7parameters of 3D Affine Transform(the translation vector,scale factor and the elements of the orthogonal rotation matrix). Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thanks F.A "fereshteh " <fe_a252525@yhoo.com> wrote in message <kgkcgc$d68$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > In a 3D Affine Transform ,I have two sets of 3D data((x,y,z):after applying transformation,(x0,y0,z0):before applying t...

Convex sets and Affine Transformations
Hi - Given a set S of n points p[1] ..p[n] on a plane, which is subjected to an affine transformation. I'm not sure if the convex set (I take this to mean the set of points that define the convex hull, following http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1207254) is the the same before and after the affine transformation. The wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convex_function states that "convexity is invariant under affine maps", but as the article is about convex functions (not sure what they are), and I'm not completely sure if the invariance of convexity al...