What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)

I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called.

I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE.

Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to
analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to the historical stock prices. This is VERY weird. How can I pull in test and values together?

I have a sample file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8k7ztoaaj82dqtj
0
ryanshuell (106)
4/26/2012 8:08:07 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

On Friday, April 27, 2012 8:08:07 AM UTC+12, Ryan  wrote:
> What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab?=
 I=92m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
>=20
> I=92m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutt=
ing off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking t=
hat this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it=92s called.
>=20
> I have =91Dates=92 in ColumnA, and =91MSFT=92, =91PWER=92, =91KO=92, and =
=91SBUX=92, in ColumnB-ColumnE.
>=20
> Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click t=
he file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit =91N=
ext=92. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled =96 =91Cre=
ate variable matching preview=92. The other two options, =91Create vectors =
from each column using column names=92 and =91Create vectors from each row =
using row names=92 =96 both are greyed out. I=92ve seen videos, on YouTube =
and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options ar=
e NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out.=
 The problem is, when I click =91Finish=92 in my =91Workspace=92 I have a v=
ariable named =91data=92 all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES =
and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another =
variable, called =91textdata=92; all dates and headers ate in textdata. Thi=
s is VERY inconvenient. I=92m trying to=20
> analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which st=
ock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me=
). Also, I have no dates corresponding to the historical stock prices. This=
 is VERY weird. How can I pull in test and values together?=20
>=20
> I have a sample file here:
> http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8k7ztoaaj82dqtj

Why not revert to the old-fashioned way:
[a,b]=3Dxlsread(xlsfile);
will give the numerical data in a matrix a and everything else as a cell ar=
ray in b.

0
mulgor (3008)
4/26/2012 11:38:33 PM
Do you have the Statistical Toolbox?
0
poi (43)
4/26/2012 11:47:47 PM
On 4/26/2012 4:08 PM, Ryan wrote:
> What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into
> Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
>
> I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps
> cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am
> thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called.
>
> I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in
> ColumnB-ColumnE.

Ryan, I don't know how you'll want to work with these data after you get
them into MATLAB, but if you have access to the Statistics Toolbox, this
kind of file is simple to read with the dataset constructor.  Something like

 >> stocks = dataset('XLSFile','stock_data.xls');
 >> summary(stocks)
Dates: [575x1 cell string]
MSFT: [575x1 double]
     min      1st quartile    median    3rd quartile    max
     23.01    25.37           26.5      28.53           32.85
PWER: [575x1 double]
     min    1st quartile    median    3rd quartile    max
     3.1    4.625           7.43      8.9575          12.78
KO: [575x1 double]
     min      1st quartile    median    3rd quartile    max
     50.03    55.85           64.74     67.767          74.14
SBUX: [575x1 double]
     min     1st quartile    median    3rd quartile    max
     21.7    25.9            33.25     39.888          61.67
 >> stocks(stocks.MSFT>32.5,:)
ans =
     Dates              MSFT     PWER    KO       SBUX
     '3/27/2012'        32.52    4.86    71.87    56.26
     '3/26/2012'        32.59    4.74     71.9    55.91
     '3/16/2012'         32.6    4.69    70.16    53.21
     '3/15/2012'        32.85    4.38    70.33    53.07
     '3/14/2012'        32.77    4.18    70.22    52.68
     '3/13/2012'        32.67    4.39    70.25    52.34
 >> plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.MSFT,'o')
 >> [y,m] = datevec(stocks.Dates);
 >> stocks.Year = y; stocks.Month = m;
 >> stocks2012 = stocks(stocks.Year==2012,:);
 >> grpstats(stocks2012,{'Year' 'Month'},{'min'
'max'},'DataVars',{'MSFT' 'PWER'})
ans =
          Year  Month  GroupCount  min_MSFT  max_MSFT  min_PWER  max_PWER
  2012_1  2012      1          20     26.77     29.73      3.98      4.95
  2012_2  2012      2          20     29.89     31.87      4.34      5.51
  2012_3  2012      3          22     31.56     32.85       4.1      4.86
  2012_4  2012      4           9     30.35     32.29      4.06      4.48

And so on.  Hope this helps.

Thanks so much!  I tried this:
stocks = dataset('XLSFile','stock_data.xls');

That let me import the date; array, or variable name (not exactly sure what to call it) is 'stocks'.  It definitely looks good.  however, I can't plot the data.  I selected this item, and tried to plot it, but got a message that reads, 'No plot available for current selection'.

Basically, I think my question boils down to this. I can import the data, with no indication of which stock is which, and no dates, but the plots work perfect.  I can import the data with dates and headers and values, but I can't PLOT anything.

There must be a simple thing that I'm missing. There must be a simple work-around, right.

I'd really like see the prices on the Y-Axis and see the dates on the X-Axis. How can I do that?  it must be simple, right.

Thanks, everyone!!

"Ryan" wrote in message <jnc9v7$1ot$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
>
> I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called.
>
> I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE.
>
> Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to
> analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to the historical stock prices. This is VERY weird. How can I pull in test and values together?
>
> I have a sample file here:
> http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8k7ztoaaj82dqtj
0
ryanshuell (106)
4/27/2012 3:14:14 AM
Thanks, TideMan.  I tried this:
[a,b] = xlsread('XLSFile','stock_data.xls');

I got this error message:
??? Error using ==> xlsread at 219
XLSREAD unable to open file XLSFile.
File C:\Program Files\MATLAB\XLSFile.xls not found.

I need to look into this a bit more.

"per isakson" wrote in message <jncmr3$o02$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Do you have the Statistical Toolbox?
0
ryanshuell (106)
4/27/2012 3:19:08 AM
On Friday, April 27, 2012 3:19:08 PM UTC+12, Ryan  wrote:
> Thanks, TideMan.  I tried this:
> [a,b] = xlsread('XLSFile','stock_data.xls');
>
> I got this error message:
> ??? Error using ==> xlsread at 219
> XLSREAD unable to open file XLSFile.
> File C:\Program Files\MATLAB\XLSFile.xls not found.
>
> I need to look into this a bit more.
>
> Basically, I think my question boils down to this. I can import the data, with no indication of which stock is which, and no dates, but the plots work perfect. I can import the data with dates and headers and values, but I can't PLOT anything.
>
> There must be a simple thing that I'm missing. There must be a simple work-around, right.
>
> I'd really like see the prices on the Y-Axis and see the dates on the X-Axis. How can I do that? it must be simple, right.
>
> Thanks, everyone!!
>
> "per isakson" wrote in message <jncmr3$o02$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Do you have the Statistical Toolbox?

Try this:
[a,b] = xlsread('stock_data.xls');
0
mulgor (3008)
4/27/2012 4:36:26 AM
TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <26075409.1291.1335501386128.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@pbsw19>...
> On Friday, April 27, 2012 3:19:08 PM UTC+12, Ryan  wrote:
> > Thanks, TideMan.  I tried this:
> > [a,b] = xlsread('XLSFile','stock_data.xls');
> >
> > I got this error message:
> > ??? Error using ==> xlsread at 219
> > XLSREAD unable to open file XLSFile.
> > File C:\Program Files\MATLAB\XLSFile.xls not found.
> >
> > I need to look into this a bit more.
> >
> > Basically, I think my question boils down to this. I can import the data, with no indication of which stock is which, and no dates, but the plots work perfect. I can import the data with dates and headers and values, but I can't PLOT anything.
> >
> > There must be a simple thing that I'm missing. There must be a simple work-around, right.
> >
> > I'd really like see the prices on the Y-Axis and see the dates on the X-Axis. How can I do that? it must be simple, right.
> >
> > Thanks, everyone!!
> >
> > "per isakson" wrote in message <jncmr3$o02$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > Do you have the Statistical Toolbox?
>
> Try this:
> [a,b] = xlsread('stock_data.xls');

Thanks again, TideMan.  It lets me import the data.  Again, the text and values are in separate arrays; 'a' contains values and 'b' contains dates and text (my 5 headers).  Maybe that is the way it is supposed to be.  I'm really new to this.  I'm still unable to get dates on the X-axis.  I tried to modify the 'X Limits'.  I can't add this 1/1/2011 (Matlab tries to divide the numbers, I think).  I can't add this '1/1/2011' (Matlab says I need to enter a numeric value).  Also, manually adding dates to define a range of stock prices seems kind of weird.  Why would a user want to do that?  Shouldn't Matlab handle this automatically?  I can imagine there must be a lot of input error, and a great waste of time if you need to do this repeatedly.
0
ryanshuell (106)
4/27/2012 12:57:07 PM
On 4/26/2012 11:14 PM, Ryan wrote:
> plot the data. I selected this item, and tried to plot it, but got a
> message that reads, 'No plot available for current selection'.

You're right, in R2010b, this isn't available (it is available from
within the Variable Editor in R2012a).  But still, from the command
line, you can make any plot you want.  This is the code I suggested
earlier, with the addition of dateticks to pretty up the horizontal axis.

    plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.MSFT,'o');
    datetick('x',1,'keepticks');

Hope this helps.

Peter Perkins <Peter.Remove.Perkins.This@mathworks.com> wrote in message <jne71p$sfl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> On 4/26/2012 11:14 PM, Ryan wrote:
> > plot the data. I selected this item, and tried to plot it, but got a
> > message that reads, 'No plot available for current selection'.
>

> You're right, in R2010b, this isn't available (it is available from
> within the Variable Editor in R2012a).  But still, from the command
> line, you can make any plot you want.  This is the code I suggested
> earlier, with the addition of dateticks to pretty up the horizontal axis.
>
>     plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.MSFT,'o');
>     datetick('x',1,'keepticks');
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for the follow up, Peter.  I saw a video tutorial of importing excel data using R2012a; it seems so easy to do it now.  Since I'm working with a slightly older version, I suppose I have to do a little more work to get the results I want.  That's fine.  I have something to look forward to whenever I can afford to do an upgrade!!

I just tried this:
[a,b] = xlsread('stock_data.xls');
plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.MSFT,'o');
datetick('x',1,'keepticks');

The code pretty much makes sense, but generates this error:
??? Undefined function or variable 'stocks'.

I tried this:
[a,b] = xlsread('stock_data.xls');
plot(datenum(b.Dates),b.MSFT,'o');
datetick('x',1,'keepticks');
??? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array.

'b' is the text and 'a' is the value.  I've gotta get some better naming conventions as soon as I get this working!

Also, how would I do it for all 4 stocks???

Would it be something like this?
[a,b] = xlsread('stock_data.xls');
plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.MSFT,'o');
plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.PWER,'o');
plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.KO,'o');
plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.SBUX,'o');
datetick('x',1,'keepticks');
0
ryanshuell (106)
4/27/2012 2:12:06 PM
On 4/27/2012 10:12 AM, Ryan wrote:
> I just tried this:
> [a,b] = xlsread('stock_data.xls');
> plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.MSFT,'o');
> datetick('x',1,'keepticks');
>
> The code pretty much makes sense, but generates this error:
> ??? Undefined function or variable 'stocks'.

Right, you haven't created a variable called stocks.  The code I
suggested presumed you had executed the code from my earlier post, i.e.,

stocks = dataset('XLSFile','stock_data.xls');

That line creates what's called a dataset array.  The rest of the code
demonstrated a few things:  selecting a subset from a dataset array,
creating a new dataset variable based on existing ones, plotting two
dataset variables, computing statistics on groups in the data.  The
documentation for the Statistics Toolbox has all of this in the User Guide.
Peter Perkins <Peter.Remove.Perkins.This@mathworks.com> wrote in message <jnejfk$pba$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> On 4/27/2012 10:12 AM, Ryan wrote:
> > I just tried this:
> > [a,b] = xlsread('stock_data.xls');
> > plot(datenum(stocks.Dates),stocks.MSFT,'o');
> > datetick('x',1,'keepticks');
> >
> > The code pretty much makes sense, but generates this error:
> > ??? Undefined function or variable 'stocks'.
>
> Right, you haven't created a variable called stocks.  The code I
> suggested presumed you had executed the code from my earlier post, i.e.,
>
> stocks = dataset('XLSFile','stock_data.xls');
>
> That line creates what's called a dataset array.  The rest of the code
> demonstrated a few things:  selecting a subset from a dataset array,
> creating a new dataset variable based on existing ones, plotting two
> dataset variables, computing statistics on groups in the data.  The
> documentation for the Statistics Toolbox has all of this in the User Guide.

That works!!  Thanks so much, Peter!  I'm going to have to look at the documentation for the Statistics Toolbox.  That's the only way I'm going to learn this stuff.

Regards.
0
ryanshuell (106)

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

64-bit Matlab scripts on 32-bit Matlab?
Hello, I wish to use script which perform some simple calculations on NetCDF variables and store result values as a matrix. Author claims that script needs 64-bit MATLAB version installed on Linux machine. Unfortunately, although I have 64-bit machine, under Linux I have access to 32-bit MATLAB only. Following warning is returned: Error using class The CLASS function must be called from a class constructor. Could you tell me: - what (in terms of syntax, available functions, methods, objects) are the differences between 64-bit and 32-bit MATLAB? - is it possible to workaround su...

can we control a wireless robot using matlab, and import datas to matlab
i am doing a project on controling a dragonfly using pc... so i would like to use matlab toolboxs to control it... pls help me on it is this posible... it is an wireless device, how can proceeed on it.... "ramesh kumar sri" <aeroramesh@gmail.com> wrote in message <gfemom$qaq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i am doing a project on controling a dragonfly using pc... > so i would like to use matlab toolboxs to control it... > pls help me on it is this posible... > > it is an wireless device, how can proceeed on it.... define the requirements design the solution...

Cantera using Matlab R2010b: matlab crashes
Hi, I'm trying to use Cantera on windows 7 Professional 64bit using Matlab R2010b. Matlab crashes as soon as function: advance(reactor, t) is getting executed. I have installed Cantera 1.88 and Python 2.6 (both for 64 bit windows). The same code works perfectly fine on a 32bit machine where i have Cantera 1.7 and Python 2.5. I'm using the correct executable(ctmethods.mexw64) file for 64bit machine. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Prakhar (grad student, Caltech) ...

Can anyone help me that How can i make the MATLAB-simulink model faster?? I am using, MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b(64-bit).
When i am running my simulation model in MAT-Lab,it takes more time.Can anyone help me that How can i make it faster?? Initially,i kept it on "Normal Mode"...Simulation is very Slow .But,when I kept on "Accelerator Mode"....it is not working means some Error is coming. The Error is:-... "Unable to locate a Visual C/C++, Watcom, Borland, Intel, or LCC compiler. Please define one of the following environment variables: Real-Time Workshop builds with Microsoft Visual C on 64 bit windows require that the compiler be installed. At least one of these environment variab...

How to solve "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error" in MATLAB?? I am using, MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b(64-bit
When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome these problems and run my model properly... On 3/13/2013 2:14 AM, chittaranjan pradhan wrote: > When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates >that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome >these problems and run my model properly... > I think when you get "Memory out Error" then it most likely means you need to acquire more mem...

Matlab v7 data file in Matlab v6.5
Hi there I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved data file as a corrupt file. Thanks in advance, rehan Rehan Ahmad wrote: > > > Hi there > > I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I > save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 > (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved > data file as a corrupt file. > > Thanks in advance, > reh...

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Best way to generate kinematic data using Matlab?
I'm aiming to generate a set of kinematic data (e.g. sinusoidal or other periodic motion) for several degrees of freedom. Searching for Matlab's data-generation capabilities doesn't seem to turn up much relevant info. Would generating a linspace vector & then filtering be a good option, or are there other functions or toolboxes that might be more useful? Thanks in advance for your input. On Jan 10, 1:38=A0pm, "Kate J." <kmj.w...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm aiming to generate a set of kinematic data (e.g. sinusoidal or other = periodic motion) for several d...

.matlab file issues using multiple instances of Matlab from the same user
Hi, I run multiple instances of matlab without a problem most of the time. On occasion, I get errors complaining that it cannot load certain files in my .matlab folder. Errors: Error occurred loading: ~/.matlab/R2007a/toolbox_cache-7.4.0.158-2471009727-glnxa64.xml My guess that there's an occasional race condition when trying to access these files. Is there a way to prevent this from happening, or specify a different .matlab directory for each instance? Thanks, John In theory, you could probably install matlab twice and run the two installations in parallell without any interferenc...

using neural network in matlab to import data from ms excel worksheet
Hi... everyone. I'm new in practical approach to import data from outside to matlab and operate on that if any one may help then it will be great support for me.... thnks to all. Hi, Please did you find any solution to your problem? I have the same problem and I wish you could help me Thank you Hi Just save your data as .csv (delimited text) and in Matlab use input data command. You will select the columns that you want to import and you can select a variable name for each column. On Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:53:01 PM UTC+8, Ayush Kr...

How to handle global variables in Matlab script file using Matlab Compiler?
Dear All: I am trying to using Matlab Compiler 4.0 to make our Matlab application to a Stand-Alone application. But I meet one problem, that is in our Matlab program we used a script file to call several functions, so this script file works as a main interface file. And we need declare few global variables to perform some functions. But as you know, the compiler can not work with Matlab script file, but if I put my Matlab script file into a function, it seems the global variables not work any more. Does anyone know how to handle this problems? Thanks so much for your help! Thanks ..............

Web resources about - What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

MATLAB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MATLAB ( mat rix lab oratory) is a numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language . Developed by MathWorks , MATLAB ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
about dmoz - help Top : Science : Math : Software : MATLAB Submit here webpages that explain and illustrate how to use MATLAB. Sites that cover ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...

Matlab 6.5
After several years' absence, Matlab 6.5, comes back to the Mac. This is exceptionally good news for science and engineering labs with a code ...