Where are the restrictions of Matlab's Symbolic Math Toolbox?

Hello,

a friend of mine has some problems with his news reader, so I post his
question instead:

Hello,

I want to investigate and test the correctness of Matlab's Symbolic
Math Toolbox. Could anybody please tell me where the weaknesses or the
restrictions of such toolboxes are? Where should I investigate the
correctness?

Thank you for your help.

Bye,
Rudi

--
Bei Antworten per E-Mail bitte den Unterstrich aus der Adresse entfernen.
0

On Feb 20, 2:30 pm, Almut Eisentraeger <usenet...@joergei.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a friend of mine has some problems with his news reader, so I post his
> question instead:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to investigate and test the correctness of Matlab's Symbolic
> Math Toolbox. Could anybody please tell me where the weaknesses or the
> restrictions of such toolboxes are? Where should I investigate the
> correctness?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Bye,
> Rudi
>
> --
> Bei Antworten per E-Mail bitte den Unterstrich aus der Adresse entfernen.

I believe Matlab uses Maple 8 kernel.  Maple now is about to release
version 11.  May be someone from Mathwork can confirm.

The extended syms tool box uses all of the Maple kernel and libraries
functions. (expect for the Maple plotting commands, since one can't
really use Maple plot commands from inside Matlab, it wont make sense)

As for correctness issues, Maple is CAS software, and like all CAS
software has its share of bugs.

There is this web site which attempts to keep track of Maple bugs:

http://maple.bug-list.org/

There is a Maple new group also if you need more specific info on
Maple.

hth
Nasser

0
Nasser
2/21/2007 1:24:05 AM
In article <1172021045.775267.16820@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Nasser Abbasi <nma@12000.org> wrote:

>There is this web site which attempts to keep track of Maple bugs:

>http://maple.bug-list.org/

Regular readers of comp.soft-sys.math.maple are often left
uncertain as to the purpose of that particular bug list.
  been already of old time, which was before us.       -- Ecclesiastes
0
roberson2 (8602)