which C Compiler is compatible with MATLAB Compiler? #2

I am quite comfortable with Borland Turbo C++. Can I use
this compiler with MATLAB Compiler? What steps do I have to
take to make sure they work together? Is there no other
option other than Visual Studio?
0
viv_harv (47)

On Sep 14, 2:47 pm, "Vivian Harvey" <viv_h...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I am quite comfortable with Borland Turbo C++. Can I use
> this compiler with MATLAB Compiler? What steps do I have to
> take to make sure they work together? Is there no other
> option other than Visual Studio?

Are you talking about MEX or MCC? I thought that the
Matlab Compiler did not depend on an external compiler,
but the only system I use it on does have VC++ installed.
I have MEX set up to use the Matlab builtin compiler
(LCC I think it is called).

                  - Randy

0
poespam-trap (1550)
9/14/2007 7:10:01 PM
If I am not very wrong mcc is the toolbox while mex is a
file-type, right? So both should work, all the same. How
about in each case, which should work? I came to know that
Borland Compiler 5.5 and 5.6 are compatible with my version
of MATLAB if I dont want to use VC++. But the thing is that
I prefer version 3 TC++ rather than the current one. Thanks
for your help.

 Randy Poe <poespam-trap@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<1189797001.456762.221620@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>...
> On Sep 14, 2:47 pm, "Vivian Harvey" <viv_h...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> > I am quite comfortable with Borland Turbo C++. Can I use
> > this compiler with MATLAB Compiler? What steps do I have to
> > take to make sure they work together? Is there no other
> > option other than Visual Studio?
>
> Are you talking about MEX or MCC? I thought that the
> Matlab Compiler did not depend on an external compiler,
> but the only system I use it on does have VC++ installed.
> I have MEX set up to use the Matlab builtin compiler
> (LCC I think it is called).
>
>                   - Randy

0
viv_harv (47)