Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?

Hi,

does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab
V5.3 and run on matlab V6?

For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab)
timestwo.f
on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run
it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message:
"Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could
not be found.

??? Invalid MEX-file"

Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar
error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11).
However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK.

If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file
written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems.

Why is that?

Per A.

Hi Per,
usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you
want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the
current
dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version.

You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f),
but you should never rely on this.

Titus

"Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab
> V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
>
> For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab)
> timestwo.f
> on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run
> it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message:
> "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could
> not be found.
>
> ??? Invalid MEX-file"
>
> Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar
> error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11).
> However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK.
>
> If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file
> written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems.
>
> Why is that?
>
> Per A.

0
tedelhof (480)

Does anybody know a way to convert Matlab code into Fortran and then compile Fortran mex dll file for Matlab 2006a?
Hi all, I want to ask three questions regarding Fortran and Matlab interface. The two tools I am using are: Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 and Matlab 2006a. Q1. What is the best converter to convert Matlab code into Fortran code with readability? My understanding is that Fortran and Matlab are both vectorized and they should be pretty similar and such converter should do a good job. Q2. Is there a wizard for Intel Visual Fortran under MS Visual Studio.Net 2003 or Visual Studio.Net 2005 to set up environments for building mex dll file for Matlab on Windows XP? There is such a wizard tool for VC/C++, which is very convenient, just create a MEX project in Visual Studio and the compiled the result will be a mex dll for use in Matlab. I hope there is a similar tool for Fortran? Q3. Is there a tool to convert the Matlab code into Fortran with readability and then automatically make itself a mex dll? Thanks a lot! On Jul 6, 9:49 pm, "Linus Utopia" <linus_uto...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to ask three questions regarding Fortran and Matlab interface. The > two tools I am using are: Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 and Matlab 2006a. > > Q1. What is the best converter to convert Matlab code into Fortran code with > readability? My understanding is that Fortran and Matlab are both vectorized > and they should be pretty similar and such converter should do a good job. > > Q2. Is there a wizard for Intel Visual Fortran under ...

Can't i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab?
Hello, I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. Should Matlab be installed only in the root? How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? Thanks, shapper > I tried to install matlab in c:\program files\matlab but when i > choose the folder it says it doesn't allow spaces in it. That is true > Should Matlab be installed only in the root? You can install it in any directory that doesn't contain a space in the path. > How can i install Matlab in c:\program files\matlab? You ca...

Matlab can't find a shared library when running a mex file
Running 32-bit SuSe Linux and Matlab 7.1. I have a single mex file a.mexglx that needs to be linked dynamically against a library libb.so. Compiling goes fine, mex finds the header files of the library. But when I call !ldd a.mexglx | grep libb.so from Matlab I get libb.so => not found I have the library in the same directory than the mex file, I have compiled with the command mex -L. -lb a.cpp and I have tried adding . to both the system path and Matlab path. Still nothing. Any ideas on how to find the problem? And, by the way, how can I link mex files with a library that does not have ...

Matlab can't find Fortran Compiler
When I start to use a Fortran compiler for building external interface (MEX) files, Matlab failed to find the compiler. OS: Windows XP Professional (SP2) Matlab: 7.6.0(2008a) Fortran Compiler: Intel(R) Fortran Compiler Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 10.1.4156.2005 Any ideas? Thanks, Hao. _________________________________________ Following is the detailed error message. ----------------------------------------- >> mex -setup Please choose your compiler for building external interface (MEX) files: Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n? n Select a ...

MATLAB compiler can't hide my M-files?
I am trying to compile my MATLAB into a C-standalone produt for deployment. But when I extract the package.exe, my original M-files are also extracted and placed in a directory under distribution/PROJECT_mcr/work/PROJECT where PROJECT is the name of my project. I thought the whole point of compiling MATLAB into C/C+ was so the end-user won't need to see your matlab code!! How do I turn it off? On Sep 18, 4:39 pm, "sri " <sri.r...@mathworks.com> wrote: > I am trying to compile my MATLAB into a C-standalone produt > for deployment. But when I extract the packa...

Matlab installer didn't generate any matlab executable file
I did the installation exactly as stated in the manual, but can't find any matlab executable file, only a mex in /usr/local/bin As anyone had this issue before? Please contact support@mathworks.com Stuart "David" <dsbatista@fc.ul.pt> wrote in message news:eef43a1.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > I did the installation exactly as stated in the manual, but can't > find any matlab executable file, only a mex in /usr/local/bin > > As anyone had this issue before? ...

Matlab can't not find g95 or gfortran compiler in MEX-Setting
Hi, everyone, I have two problems with mex-Setting: First One: My Matlab can't find the g95 or gfortran compiler installed on the computer, say, when I give 'mex -setup', those compilers are not listed out. I'm sure that those compilers are there. Can someone tell me, what can I do to make my Matlab working? Working environment is: WindowsXP and Matlab7.0 Second One: On the computer, there're gfortran, g77, but without g95 installed. When I compile a mex-file in Fortran, Matlab told me, 'g95: Line xx: command not found'. Do someone know, what's this problem? ...

linux solution 1-OQSVI (matlab crash redhat) can't get file from ftp #3
Hi, http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-OQSVI.html?solution=1-OQSVI I am trying to use the above link to resolve the problem r14 is having on fedora/redhat. I am unable to download the file that they give a link to: ftp://ftp.mathworks.com/pub/tech-support/solutions/s1-ONXSB/libg2c.so.0.0.0 does anyone have a copy of this for me to download? thanks "Christoff Pale" <christoff_pale@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:73718d8a.0408171239.577d8024@posting.google.com... > Hi, > http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-OQSVI.html?solution=1-OQSVI > &...

[Mac 10.4.10, MATLAB 7.4] MATLAB can't find my X11
How do I tell MATLAB where to find my X11? I have both dynamic and static X11 libraries in my /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib path, but can't start MATLAB because, so it says, it can't find my X11. I tried downloading and (re)installing X11, but couldn't 'cause, I was told, I already have a newer version on my computer! I tried (re)installing MATLAB, but get the message "Can't find X11. You may go ahead and install MATLAB, but you won't be able to run it 'til you install X11" Well, the X11 installer won't let me install it 'cause...

Matlab crashes when running fortran mex file
First of all, I have ubuntu with gfortran 4.6.1 and f95 4.6.1compiler and I am using the mtlab R2007a. The problem is when I compile the examples code "timetwo.F" given in matlabroot/extern/examples/refboof, compilations goes through but when I run it in the matlab, matlab crashes. I think I have library compatibity issues because the code runs fine on my other machine which have older libraries. Here is what are the libraries in my matlabR2007a/sys/os/glnxa64 folder: libgfortran.so.1 -> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.3 libiberty.so libXm.so.3 -> libXm.so....

I can't run MATLAB on my notebook.
When I start the MATLAB program and they show me the command window and then it's window shutdown. What should I do? Some info about the following will help. What processor does your machine have? Which operating system is your machine running? Which release of MATLAB are you using? "Zezar" <zezarsalad@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ef0fdc6.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > When I start the MATLAB program and they show me the command window > and then it's window shutdown. > > What should I do? Bobby Cheng wrote: > > > Some info about the followi...

Can Matlab compile MEX from WATCOM FORTRAN?
Matlab officially supports the Watcom C compiler, and the Compaq and Visual Fortran compilers. But Watcom also has a (wonderful) Fortran compiler. Has anyone successfully compiled a MEX file using the Watcom Fortran compiler? I would naively guess this might involve changing the set COMPILER= line in the WAT11COPTS.BAT files that installs with Matlab, but I worry about the necessary flags in the lines that follow. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:18:51 -0500, "Lincoln Gray" <lgray@uth.tmc.edu> wrote: >Matlab officially supports the Watcom C compiler, and the Compaq and...

Matlab v7 data file in Matlab v6.5
Hi there I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved data file as a corrupt file. Thanks in advance, rehan Rehan Ahmad wrote: > > > Hi there > > I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I > save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5 > (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved > data file as a corrupt file. > > Thanks in advance, > reh...

fmincon : Matlab v6.5
Hi everyone, I developped a program in which it uses fmincon with Matlab 6.5 Release 13. Now, with Matlab 7.3 I don't get the same result! I compared both fmincon.m files and I notice differences (input parameters,...) but I don't know why I get differents results? Any idea why? Thanks, Fran´┐Żois Hello Francois; How different are the results? Could you provide the iterative output for both versions? Is the value of the objective function calculated at the initial point also different in both versions? Regards Derya "Francois Vachon" <jugvachon@hotmail.com> wrote ...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

Can't run Matlab R2014a on my Mac
I'm using Mac (OS X 10.10.1) Today, I was trying to run matlab r2014a on my mac, however I couldn't do that with seeing that message which I brifly write below; java.lang.NullpointerException com.mathwork.widgets.wondowswidgetFactory$SearchandClearbutton.anyText(windowsWidgetFactory.java:187) .. .. .. .. ...

Matlab doesn't create mex file
The .m function at the bottom works properly. However, when trying to make a mex file with the command mcc -x flowstJ the program gives the following error: --> "lcc -c -Zp8 -I"D:\MATLAB6p5\sys\lcc\include" -DMATLAB_MEX_FILE -noregistrylookup -Foflowstj.obj -ID:\MATLAB6p5\extern\include -ID:\MATLAB6p5\simulink\include -DNDEBUG flowstj.c" lcc preprocessor warning: flowstj.c:250 EOF inside comment Warning flowstj.c: 249 missing return value Error flowstj.c: 249 syntax error; found `end of input' expecting `}' 1 errors, 2 warnings D:\MATLAB6P5\BIN\WIN32\MEX...

How can I compile a matlab function .m file into mex dll?
I remembered that I have done this a while back. But now with the new MALTAB 7.0.4, I only can do it/// I have to use a combination of mex and mcc right? How can I do that? I want the dll to be callable from within Matlab so it should be mex dll thanks a lot On 21 Sep 2005 17:01:59 -0700, lunaliu3@yahoo.com wrote: > I remembered that I have done this a while back. > > But now with the new MALTAB 7.0.4, I only can do it/// > > I have to use a combination of mex and mcc right? > > How can I do that? > > I want the dll to be callable from within Matlab so it...

Is there a way to run Matlab 7 mex dll under Matlab 2007a?
Hi all, Does Mathworks have back-ward compatibilities for mex dlls which were created in the earlier versions of Matlab? I have downloaded a trial copy of NAG Matlab Foundation toolbox. But it was created using earlier version of Matlab(they claim it was tested to be okay for Matlab 6 and 7. I guess the dlls were created using Matlab before 7.0.4. But I want to use it under my current Matlab 2007a. When running their dll, I got: ??? Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\toolbox\nag\nag \nagc.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. --------------- After googlin...

compiling a Matlab file into 'c'
Hi all, I have a code which is running really slow in Matlab (due to a long loop), so I thought I should run it in 'c' instead. However, when I enter mcc -B sharedlib:libmyfilename filename.m I get the following warning: ***************** You are using gcc version "4.1.2". The version currently supported with Matlab compiler is "4.3.4". For a list of currently supported compilers see: http://...... ***************** At the moment, I'm using the uni's Linux machine with Matlab 2011b. How can I upgrade gcc version and do I need admini...

Can't input data in c program which is running on Matlab
hi, i am writing a c program that intends to run in matlab, however the matlab just skip my input part and give me some unexpected result, any Suggestion, thanks in advance here is the code: #include<mex.h> void mexFunction ( int nlhs, mxArray* plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray* prhs[] ) { int age; printf("how old are you ?\n"); scanf("%d",&age); printf("you are now %d years old\n",age); } /-------------------------------/ when i compile the program 'mex hello.c ' anr run it 'hello' the result is lik...

Can't run MATLAB in my Mac OS Snow leopard
error: GC operation on unregistered thread. Thread registered implicitly. Break on auto_zone_thread_registration_error() to debug. xp_destroy_surface: assertion failed: s != ((void *)0) xp_destroy_surface error: 3 Warning: Could not query OpenGL. Warning: OpenGL appears to be installed incorrectly. ...

Web resources about - Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? - comp.soft-sys.matlab