Windows 7 64-bit, Matlab 2011a 64 bit and NI-PCI6534

I am using a win7 64 machine and have Matlab 2011a 64 bit (with all toolboxes) installed.  I have a National Instruments PCI digital I/O card that I'm looking to mess with (I have 9.3 version of NI-DAQmx installed).  The problem is I can't seem to figure out how to talk to this card.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks,
Jason
0
jwhitwam (13)

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER 12 284 IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edition V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 392 IBM DB2 Spatial Extender v8.1 64Bit Multilanguage 12 610 If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, TEL wrote: > 64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, > Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - > new ! > > Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 > > Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 > > Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 > > IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 > > IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 > > IBM DB2 UD...

Problem installing Matlab 2007b under Windows 7 64 bits
Dear all, I have issues installing Matlab 2007b under a Windows7 64 bits OS. I use the administrator account of the computer (and right click+ install as the administrator to launch the installation), but at the very begining of the setup (before it even installs anything on the computer), when it just copies some files on the harddrive, I have a message stating that I cannot modify some files without the acknowledgement of "all users"... The files list is: cursors Africa America Antartica Asia Atlantic Australia Etc Europe Indian Pacific SystemV Problem is: it is not written anywhere where those files are located, so I cannot set the security to "enable writing, deleting, etc." or change the ownership of the folder these files are in... Did anyone encounter this problem or have a mean to resolve this issue? I didn't find anything on the forum regarding this particular issue... Thanks a lot! Oh and on a side note, this computer is mine, I installed windows 7 myself 2 days ago (recommended settings all the time,and I didn't change anything since then), and there is and has always been only one account (an administrator one): mine. ...

Problem installing Matlab 2007b under Windows 7 64 bits #2
[...]

32 bit compiler on Matlab 64 bit
Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? Thanks, Saba "Saba El-Hilo" <selhilo@sfu.ca> wrote in message <j7np4m$mae$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? > I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? The last time I check: No you still can't. Bruno ...

32-bit Matlab on 64-bit Linux
Hi, I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I currently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. I saw this suggestion from somebody- http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/100595 "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 version of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .mexglx files, start Matlab with 'matlab -glnx86'." So I decided to search if this was actually possible and I found two threads from mathworks.com which I personally believe contradict each other with their answers- http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-O7POO/ http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1CAT7/ So my question is whether 32-bit matlab can be installed on a 64bit machine ? Thanks On Sep 29, 1:09=A0pm, "Gautam " <gautam.iiith...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I cu= rrently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. > > I saw this suggestion from somebody-http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral= /newsreader/view_thread/100595 > "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 ver= sion of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. = Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .m...

How to tell if a program compiled as 32-bit or 64-bit? (Windows Vista 64)
I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into AMD64 code? Thanks, Roy "Bad Roy" <AlaBadRoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e1t5e51mvn3hd721l4or8l1qr2vjiff069@4ax.com... > I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to > use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to > make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set > to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into > AMD64 code? > if it is a long-running process, you can use CTRL-ALT-DEL to get to task manager, and see if there is a '*32' by the name (although, verify that there are some other processes which do have this, to make sure this feature is present). alternatively, one can use the CMD shell, and then dumpbin, and see what it says... or via "printf("%p\n", &foo);" or similar (x64 if you see 16 hex digits, rather than 8), not that printf generally only works in console apps though, and doesn't do anything in GUI apps (nevermind that MSVC++ may complain when accessing the C API, as MS for whatever reason thought this was a good idea...). .... > Thanks, > Roy Bad Roy wrote: > I think I have...

matlab 32 bit operation 64 bit operation caculation precision
Hi I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference. The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication difference . ??? Error using ==> svd Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf. Error in ==> pinv at 29 [U,S,V] = svd(A,0); First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by digit lenght in bit 32 and bit 64.But I'm not sure. Second, How can I do to get the same result in bit32 and 64 bit . Do I need to control digit length in bit 64 operation . Thanks Thanks "Feng " <shi01fg@163.com> wrote in message <j4ee4l$smt$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi > > I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference. The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication > difference . > ??? Error using ==> svd > Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf. > > Error in ==> pinv at 29 > [U,S,V] = svd(A,0); > > First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by digit lenght i...

Can ActiveX server on 64-bit MATLAB open a 32-bit app?
Hello, Does anybody know if the ActiveX server of 64-bit MATLAB can open a 32-bit application running on a 64-bit Windows 7? It looks like I lost this capability after upgrading to 64-bit machine... Thank you! Did you find the solution? As per http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/preparing-for-64-bit-windows.html it cannot. Phil. ...

Upgrading to 64-Bit DB2 9.7.4 and 64-Bit ooRexx 4.1.0
I am considering upgrading my server to 64 bit, and have tried finding information regarding 64-bit DB2 and ooRexx, which seems to be very hard to come across. Can anyone advise some recommendations in this regard ? IBM's site only discussed 32-bit Rexx and 64-bit DB2 where the API SQLDB2 is no longer supported. See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2.luw.apdv.gs.doc%2Fdoc%2Fr0023474.html No where can I find any information regarding 64-bit ooRexx and DB2, and what is supported. Specifically the Rexx API's SQLEXEC, SQLDBS and SQLDB2. I do not want to pull the trigger and find all my Rexx Code no longer works. Many thanks, Fin. Fin <tdavidge@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am considering upgrading my server to 64 bit, and have tried finding > information regarding 64-bit DB2 and ooRexx, which seems to be very hard > to come across. 64 bit what? Windows? Linux? Intel? SPARC? IA64? PPC? ooRexx 4.1.0 builds and works (have not tested DB2) ok on pure 64 bit (not multilib) Linux on Intel hardware. It will certainly also build and work on multilib Linux (supporting 32/64 bit). > Can anyone advise some recommendations in this regard ? Please ask more specific questions. Not guaranteed we can help but at least we'll /know/ whether we can help! > IBM's site only discussed 32-bit Rexx and 64-bit DB2 where the API SQLDB2 > is no longer supported. See > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter...

64 bit linux and 64 bit icfb executable
Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux thanks, Sriram On 12 Feb 2007 12:25:14 -0800, "SS" <ssriramiyer@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. > No. Not yet. >Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux No. > >thanks, >Sriram Regards, Andrew. -- Andrew Beckett Principal European Technology Leader Cadence Design Systems, UK. Thanks Andrew, Sriram On Feb 12, 3:10 pm, Andrew Beckett <andr...@DcEaLdEeTnEcTe.HcIoSm> wrote: > On 12 Feb 2007 12:25:14 -0800, "SS" <ssrirami...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. > > No. Not yet. > > >Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux > > No. > > > > >thanks, > >Sriram > > Regards, > > Andrew. > -- > Andrew Beckett > Principal European Technology Leader > Cadence Design Systems, UK. ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

64 bit linux and 64 bit icfb executable #2
Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux thanks, Sriram ...

Can I do 64-bit gcc compilation on 64-bit RedHat platform ?
Hi, This may seem like a daft question...but can I actually do 64-bit compilation of Tcl/Tk with gcc (tcl/tk 8.3.5) ? The reason I ask is that the configure script returns the following warning : "64bit support being disabled -- don't know magic for this platform" Looking inside the config script, I don't see where "-m64" is ever enabled for gcc ? My system details are: %> uname -a Linux dl145-02 2.4.21-23.ELsmp x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux RedHat Linux RHEL3 is installed. The version of gcc is 3.4.3 My tcl source for 8.3.5 is placed in /usr/sdeacon/tcl %> cd /usr/sdeacon/tcl/tcl8.3.5/unix %> ./configure --prefix=/usr/sdeacon/tcl --enable-gcc --enable-shared --enable-64bit Thanks in advance for any advice, Shaun Shaun Deacon wrote: > This may seem like a daft question...but can > I actually do 64-bit compilation of Tcl/Tk > with gcc (tcl/tk 8.3.5) ? Probably, but try 8.4.11 instead. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| > Probably, but try 8.4.11 instead. I would do normally...but unfortunately my application needs to be 'sourced' inside a commercial application which uses 8.3.5 - and I need a couple of additional extensions that the commercial app doesn&#...

MATLAB 64-bit and Perforce SCM
I was testing the 64 bit version of Matlab in Windows 7 with Perforce SCM 64 bit installed. Matlab R2009 64-bit does not recognize Perforce 64-bit SCM while selecting Source Control option under Preferences. The error message was ....................................... You are running a 64-bit version of MATLAB, which does not support 32-bit source control systems MATLAB detected the following source control system(s) but cannot use them: Perforce SCM ....................................... I contacted Perforce, and verified with them the Perforce version is indeed 64-bit. Any advise? Thank you. I agree -- I was trying out Perforce 64-bit edition. Matlab says it detects it but will not enable its use. Really strange result. I will be relieved if someone could please offer an explanation. Thanks. "SeeChew " <seechew@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hka88u$7mu$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I was testing the 64 bit version of Matlab in Windows 7 with Perforce SCM 64 bit installed. Matlab R2009 64-bit does not recognize Perforce 64-bit SCM while selecting Source Control option under Preferences. The error message was > > ...................................... > You are running a 64-bit version of MATLAB, which does not support 32-bit source control systems > > MATLAB detected the following source control system(s) but cannot use them: > Perforce SCM > ...................................... > > I contacted Perforce, and ver...

blt for windows 7 (64 bit)
Hi, must I say goodbye to blt under W7 (64bit)? tcltk works but I've found no blt-verion, which works. Can you help me? Thanks Hans We use rbc: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rbctoolkit/ It has most of the important components of BLT, made supportable. --Tim On 06/30/2011 10:28 AM, Hans Herrmann wrote: > Hi, > > must I say goodbye to blt under W7 (64bit)? > > tcltk works but I've found no blt-verion, which works. > > Can you help me? > > Thanks Hans Hi Tim, thanks for your answer - but there is a problem: I wrote programs with the "grammatic" of blt, work these with rbc? Hans "Tim Wallace" <twallace@ll.mit.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:KP%Op.262$B3.46@llnews... > We use rbc: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rbctoolkit/ > > It has most of the important components of BLT, made supportable. > > --Tim > > On 06/30/2011 10:28 AM, Hans Herrmann wrote: >> Hi, >> >> must I say goodbye to blt under W7 (64bit)? >> >> tcltk works but I've found no blt-verion, which works. >> >> Can you help me? >> >> Thanks Hans Hi Hans-- RBC is mostly BLT code, just refactored. So we just edited all our references to "blt" to become "rbc" and most stuff just worked. RBC mainly has the vectors and graphs of BLT. BLT originated a very long time ago, when many other things were missing from the core and hence implemente...

Where is Matlab executable for 32 and 64 bit?
Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit version ke <kateedwards11@hotmail.com> wrote in message <dcc968f6-95eb-4fdf-8932-8a16ecdf34c9@d4g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>... > Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit > versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- > bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full > path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: > C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- > bit version > C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit > version You have it backwards. x86 is 32bit. ...

loadlibrary error matlab 2012a 64 bit
My code uses loadlibrary function, it works fine in matlab 2011b 32 bit version with lcc32 compiler. But the same code with matlab 2012a 64 bit (my computer is 64 bit), I did mex set up to use microsoft SDK 7.1, is giving this error: Error using loadlibrary (line 419) Failed to preprocess the input file. Output from preprocessor is:cc_convert.h H:\MATLAB\Corpscon LAS\cc_convert.h(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dir.h': No such file or directory I am having a similar error. Has anyone got a solution to this problem?...

MEX in Matlab R2009a, 64 bit, Solaris
How to solve following problem? Any suggestion is welcome and thank you very much for your time! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> mex yprime.c Warning: You are using gcc version "4.4.5". The earliest gcc version supported with mex is "4.1.2". The latest version tested for use with mex is "4.1.2". To download a different version of gcc, visit http://gcc.gnu.org /compsoft/matlab/extern/lib/sol64/mexFunction.map: file not recognized: File format not recognized collect2: ld returned 1 exit status mex: link of ' "yprime.mexs64"' failed. ??? Error using ==> mex at 218 Unable to complete successfully. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

32-bit or 64-bit
hi, i have two questions: 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? Thanking you, regards, kiran hi, KIRAN MN wrote: > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? lsconf bootinfo -y (not sure about is this is proc or kernel) lsattr -El proc0 > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? ls -la / unix -> /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 --> means 64 Bit-Kernel > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran regards Volker man bootinfo "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran You should use: 1. bootinfo -y for architecture 2. bootinfo -K for enabled kernel "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or...

64-bit with 32-bit
This may be off topic I have Access 2010 32-bit installed on a Windows 7 64-bit computer. I am writing a dot net add-on for SolidWorks EPDM that will get data from a MDB. It requires the 64-bit "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 driver which is available from the download site. The installer requires that all Office 32-bit applications be uninstalled before installing the 64-bit driver. Will I be able to re-install the 32-bit version of Access? If so will the 2 version behave? ...

32 bit External procedures (DLL) on 64 bit Oracle/Windows 3000
Hi Can an external procedure developed in a 32 bit environment (Win XP, Delphi 5, Oracle 9.2) be deployed in 64 bit environment (Windows 3000 Server Entr. / Oracle 9.2 - both 64 bit)? I did get the external procedure to work in the 32 bit environment, but when it's deployed in the 64 bit environment i get: ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Fejl ved indl=E6sning af eksternt bibliotek <above is in Danish - sorry about that!> ORA-06522: Unable to load DLL Now, there seems to be something like a trillion things that can go wrong when you try to get an external procedure to work, so if anybody has the definite answer to 32/64 bit question I'd be delighted. Tia Kenneth ...

distributed computing
Hi I will be soon setting up a Matlab Distributed Computing cluster and I have a couple of questions. I have a number of machines running 64bit linux. Most of the client machines however run a 32bit windows but some are running 64bit windows. So what I want to do is to install a 64bit MDCS but will the 32 bit windows clients be able to use the cluster? Thanks On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:20:20 -0400, Marty <mb1234@gazeta.pl> wrote: > Hi > > I will be soon setting up a Matlab Distributed Computing cluster and I > have a couple of questions. I have a number of machines running 64bit > linux. Most of the client machines however run a 32bit windows but some > are running 64bit windows. So what I want to do is to install a 64bit > MDCS but will the 32 bit windows clients be able to use the cluster? > > Thanks I guess so: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-WYYJL/?solution=1-WYYJL Hi Marty, That's fine. Be sure that any third party libraries you use (Excel, MEX-files, databases, etc.) will run successfully on the Linux cluster. You may need to re-host your applications to run on Linux. What scheduler are you planning to use? Do you have a shared file system between Windows and Linux? Raymond "Marty" <mb1234@gazeta.pl> wrote in message <h5grkk$26q$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi > > I will be soon setting up a MATLAB Distributed Computing cluster and I have a couple of questions. I ha...

Geodetic functions library GeoDLL 32 Bit and 64 Bit #2 #7
Hi developers, who develops programs with geodetic functionality like world-wide coordinat= e transformations or distance calculations, can use geodetic functions of m= y GeoDLL. The Dynamic Link Library can easily be used with most of the mode= rn programming languages like C, C++, C#, Basic, Delphi, Pascal, Java, Fort= ran, Visual-Objects and others to add geodetic functionality to own applica= tions. For many programming languages =E2=80=8Bappropriate Interfaces are a= vailable. GeoDLL supports 2D and 3D coordinate transformation, geodetic datum shift a= nd reference system convertion with Helmert, Molodenski and NTv2 (e.g. BeTA= 2007, AT_GIS_GRID, CHENYX06), meridian strip changing, user defined coordin= ate and reference systems, distance calculation, Digital Elevation Model, I= NSPIRE support, Direct / Inverse Solutions and a lot of other geodetic func= tions.=20 The DLL is very fast, save and compact because of forceful development in C= ++ with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. The geodetic functions of the current= version 12.35 are available in 32bit and 64bit architecture. All functions= are prepared for multithreading and server operating. You find a free downloadable test version on http://www.killetsoft.de/p_gdl= b_e.htm Notes about the NTv2 support can be found here: http://www.killetsoft.de/p_= gdln_e.htm Report on the quality of the coordinate transformations: http://www.killets= oft.de/t_1005_e.htm=20 Fred Email: info_at_kill...

Multithreading: Different in 64 and 32 Bit Versions of Matlab?
Dear all, I just upgraded to a Windows 7 64 bit box, multicore, 6GB. I installed the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit version of Matlab 2008b (I'm currently stuck with this version). I checked that both versions are actually able to use multithreading using the following code, which led to the use of 4 cores: a = rand(40000,1); for k=1:20000; b=log(a); end Now I let my real world code (pure Matlab) run on both versions: 1.) The 64 bit version make much less use of multithreading. The exact same code runs in the 32 Bit Matlab on 4 cores, and on the 64 bit Matlab only on 1 core. 2.) For some reason, there is not that much of a speed difference. Both Matlab versions take about the same amount of time running that code. The code is complex and it's hard to provide a good minimized example illustrating these effects. But for example, I'm using fmincon, which should gain a lot from multithreading since the computation of the derivatives can be computed in parallel, does not get much slower on the 64 bit Matlab, although it just uses one core. This also holds similarly for other functions I use, for example lsqnonlin. What is going on here? Can somebody tell me more about this behavior? Thanks in advance... What is going on here? I'm having a very similar problem. The 64 bit version of Matlab uses less cores than the 32 Bit version. PS: Matlab 2009a, Parallel Computing Toolkit is NOT installed Dear Holger, > But for example, I...

Web resources about - Windows 7 64-bit, Matlab 2011a 64 bit and NI-PCI6534 - comp.soft-sys.matlab