Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional (using MATLAB R2007a or R2007b)

I am planning to purchase a Laptop computer and must decide whether to order it with Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional. (I now use R2007a in Debian Linux. I have the package for R2007b but haven’t installed it.)

My questions are: Does MATLAB R2007a (and/or R2007b) work on Windows 7 Home Premium? If not, does it work under Windows 7 Professional? Under Windows 7 Professional, would I have to run Matlab in Windows XP mode? If both operating systems work, is there any advantage (in terms of Matlab performance) to Windows 7 Professional vs. Home Premium?

Thank you.
0
Joseph
4/24/2010 8:54:05 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

I may have found the answer at the following URL:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproappcompat/thread/4dba5d57-3127-48f3-9461-eb1ef5d7c70e

There the author of the post dated Tuesday, February 16, 2010 found a way to get Matlab 2007b to work on Windows 7 Home Premium.

I still haven't found a comparison of Matlab R2007b performance on Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional.
0
Joseph