xpc target - External Mode Open Protocol Start command failed

Hi,

I just configured xpc target on my computer. "xpxtest" works fine, so does building my own model and connecting to the target. However, when I hit the start button I get the following error:

"External Mode Open Protocol Start command failed"

I already tryed several Matlab versions, including Matlab 2011a (64bit), which spits out the same error. A colleague of mine already has the same setup (and model) running on his computer without any problems.

Currently I am running:
Windows 7
Matlab 2010b Sp1 (32bit) (Target host version 4.4)
Compiler: Visual Studio 2008 Pro

thanks a lot!
Alex
1
a.kuck (10)

Alexander,

You really should contact MathWorks tech support.  I'm guessing that
there is some configuration error, but I don't know what that might be.

My coworker is the expert on this.  Entering a problem report will get
his attention.

Gordon Weast
xPC Target Development
MathWorks

Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just configured xpc target on my computer. "xpxtest" works fine, so
> does building my own model and connecting to the target. However, when I
> hit the start button I get the following error:
>
> "External Mode Open Protocol Start command failed"
>
> I already tryed several Matlab versions, including Matlab 2011a (64bit),
> which spits out the same error. A colleague of mine already has the same
> setup (and model) running on his computer without any problems.
>
> Currently I am running:
> Windows 7
> Matlab 2010b Sp1 (32bit) (Target host version 4.4)
> Compiler: Visual Studio 2008 Pro
>
> thanks a lot!
> Alex
-1
gweast (587)

xPC Target: Open Host Scope from command line
Hello, I have a question regarding the use of host scopes in xPC Target (Matlab 2009a): If a host scope is in a xPC target model, then it is possible to open xpcexplr, right click on Host Scopes, and select "View Scopes" in order to bring up the "Host Scope Viewer," a figure window that periodically updates with data from the target. Is there a command to start the "Host Scope Viewer" (from the command line) without first running xpcexplr? I can write scripts to grab data from a host scope and manually plot it, but I'd also like to be able to put up this viewer on occasion. Thanks, Rick Groff ...

fstream.open( name, mode) fails
fstream.open( name, mode) fails fstream.fail() returns true. How can I find out what went wrong? (ie. file does not exist for reading, permissions...) thanks, marc ...

opening folders in Windows by Matlab command
Is there anyway to open a folder in Windows environment ( not in Matlab) by a command in Matlab? thank you in advance On 1 Des, 23:33, "hana " <hana.w...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anyway to open a folder in Windows environment ( not in Matlab) by a command in Matlab? doc dir doc cd doc pwd Rune "hana " <hana.w007@gmail.com> wrote in message <jb8vb4$s5q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Is there anyway to open a folder in Windows environment ( not in Matlab) by a command in Matlab? > > thank you in advance I think you're looking for something like this: !explorer /n /root,C:\Program Files\ In addition to the hints above, u can also use function "system". For example to a open a file C:\mydir\myfile.txt system('C:\mydir\myfile.txt')................this will open the text file. function "system" gives u the power of windows command prompt In article <jb8vb4$s5q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>, "hana " <hana.w007@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anyway to open a folder in Windows environment ( not in Matlab) by a > command in Matlab? > > thank you in advance You want winopen. To open the current folder: winopen(pwd) or simply winopen . -- Doug Schwarz dmschwarz&ieee,org Make obvious changes to get real email address. ...

Opening/closing programs from Matlab command line
hi, two quick questions. (1) how can i close the DOS prompt from the matlab command line? (2) how can i open excel from the command line. any help would be appreicated. regards ari Hi, help system http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/system.html J�r�me hi, thanks for the lead. however, i still don't see how to start excel from matlab. i have tried command('excel') but it doesn't work. i can get system applications to open (e.g. command('notepad') any help would be appreicated. thanks al ari levenger a �crit : command('notepad') Try this : system('notepad') J�r�me that works to open apps. but how can i close them from matlab? On Feb 28, 3:57 pm, "ari levenger" <aleven...@nospamyahoo.com> wrote: > that works to open apps. but how can i close them from matlab? Look on the internet for small command line programs like 'close.exe' (e.g. http://home.arcor.de/tomasherrmann/). These programs can close windows applications (I used something like close.exe "Acrobat Reader" to close Acrobat reader from a batch program. For starting excel, try something like command("c:\program files\microsoft office\excel\excel.exe") (or wherever the executable of excel is.) Gijs van Oort ...

xpc target getting error with embedded matlab function
Hello XPC experts and fellow users, Forgive me i'm just new user in xpc target. I have this Simulink controller model that has few embedded matlab functions insided. I can run the simulation on simulink nicely without problem. But when i compile for xpc target, i cannot generate the emb file. I see that the rtw file is generated but no emb file and with parse error report. I can generate and run in xpc target without issue the other models such as Simpower generators and some demo in XPC i created. But only this model that i have with around 7 embedded matlab function inside the controller blocks. It gets parse error on all the 7 blocks. Is there any special script i needed to add in my embedded matlab function so it can be compiled and run on xpc target? Please help me on this. ...

Can Matlab open the command window under a specific directory?
We're trying to run an integrated system which requires both MATLAB and labview.&nbsp; We know how to call MATLAB, but we can't get it to call the command window under the directory we want.&nbsp; This is neccessary if we are to use our library .m functions we've written. Thanks in advance! Hey Smith College student, Are you planning on using MathScript?&nbsp; If so, take a look at the MathScript-Lorenz Diff Eq.vi that ships with LabVIEW (Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples&gt;&gt;Search "Lorenz").&nbsp; This example shows how to use the "path" command to access files in different directories.&nbsp; Here is <a href="http://www-ccs.ucsd.edu/matlab/techdoc/ref/path.html" target="_blank">reference</a> for the path command in case it's helpful. I hope this is useful.&nbsp; Let us know if you're still having trouble.Megan B.National Instruments ...

Matlab standalone problem, only works when opened from command line
Hi, My compiled matlab program is not reading and writing txt files properly (although the .m file versions behave fine). I'm using low level functions like fscanf, textscan, and fgetl. Also, the compiled works fine if i launch it through a command prompt rather than double clicking the executable. I'm using matlab 2010b and windows vista. Any idea what the problem is? Thanks! jerad ...

xPC-Target randomly freezes during command line interaction
Hello Community, currently I experience random system freezes of our XPC-Target system during signal tracing. The freeze-up sometimes occours after less then 20 seconds. Sometimes the application runs for 3000 seconds. For debugging I created a testing model similiar to our application model. The testing model has a base sample time of 0.5 ms (ODE3) with 104 signals and 165 parameters. It has 8 target and 8 host scopes each acquiring 1000 samples of 3 signals with decimation 20. The acquired signals are generated with individual sine wave source blocks connected to a gain with random value and a transfer function. The sine wave as well as the transfer function block are taken from the Simulink library without changes to the block parameters. The target scopes are free running. We trigger the host scopes from the Matlab command line. Then I download via the scope objects and save the data vectors to a .mat file. Afterwards we restart all scopes again from the command line. Up to this point the model runs for days without interruption. However, the random freezes occour as soon as we insert a Humusoft MF624 Analog Input block with 8 channels to the model. We also tried the other interface blocks such as digital inputs, digital outputs, incremental encoders and analog outputs. These blocks do not cause any problem, but the MF624 Analog Input obviously does. All blocks run at the base sample time. Nevertheless the problem still occurrs if we increase the sample...

Start-up Mode on Windows: command line vs. explorer
On MS Windows, is it possible to tell whether your Tcl app was invoked from the Windows explorer/start menu/etc. versus from a command line shell? This will affect where I look for document and save Document files by default. On 17 Okt., 21:21, Will Duquette <w...@wjduquette.com> wrote: > On MS Windows, is it possible to tell whether your Tcl app was invoked > from the Windows explorer/start menu/etc. versus from a command line > shell? > > This will affect where I look for document and save Document files by > default. I install the shortcuts with command line arguments by the installer. The advantage/caveat is, that the user may copy the link and still has the same behaviour. On 2011-10-17 21:21, Will Duquette wrote: > On MS Windows, is it possible to tell whether your Tcl app was invoked > from the Windows explorer/start menu/etc. versus from a command line > shell? > > This will affect where I look for document and save Document files by > default. The one difference I could detect from the env array is the working directory. But that is not reliable. Regards, Arjen On Oct 18, 1:57=A0am, Harald Oehlmann <wortka...@yahoo.de> wrote: > On 17 Okt., 21:21, Will Duquette <w...@wjduquette.com> wrote: > > > On MS Windows, is it possible to tell whether your Tcl app was invoked > > from the Windows explorer/start menu/etc. versus from a command line > > shell? > > > This will affect wh...

Failed to start i-explorer 6.0, can only open browser from windows explorer
I'm using XP Home Edition. Since couple days ago, I can not open the i-explorer either from double clicking the internet explorer icon or from Start-AllPrograms-InternetExplorer menu. If I double click on the icon, the system cursor just show the busy icon for couple seconds then stopped. The taskmanager didn't show any i-explorer task, neither. The only way I can start browsing is open a windows explorer (file manager) and then type in the url. Even so, if the web page need to open a new window, it just hang there. I have setup the machine for multiple accounts, this only happen on one of the account, all other accounts still can open the i-explorer properly. But I don't want to delete the account affected and recreate a new one since I installed a lot of application using that account. I think I got some virus but I do have McAfee VirusScan ASaP. Any help is appreciated. ...

Either open in exclusive mode or do not open at all: #2
I posted this last week, and did not receive a response. I thought I would try one more time. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Bill I have three databases running, all with a slightly different function: 1) Shared Database where data entry is done 2) Data Inventory where information from the Shared Database is loaded to throughout the day 3) Top Level database which grabs information from the inventory for processing Now, my dilema is that I use 'OpenCurrentDatabase strDB,TRUE' in Database #3 to open up Database #2 exclusively to process information and direct and run procedures on the data. That part is fine, as the procedures automatically fire up when the database is open when I call a macro in #2 from #3. The problem occurs when someone from #1 is currently using #2, the OpenCurrentDatabase with the exclusive flag sends a message that says: Can't open for exlusive use Will open the database for shared access. It is the Will open the db for shared access that I need to stop. Since the database opens and the macro fires up and starts running the procedure. I actually want the OPEN to error out and kick me back to #3 A couple thoughts ... check #2 if it's opened exclusively prior to trying to open it, or is there a setting in #2 that would prevent shared access if you attempt to get in with exclusive access. Thanks Bill sixsoccer wrote: > I posted this last week, and did not receive a response. I thought I would > try one mor...

Getting started with Linux and command line commands
Getting started with Linux and command line commands ---------------------------------------------------- http://www.extremetech.com/computing/128247-getting-started-with-linux-commands Helps the gradual user to gradually get into Linux. Also lots of tips the Burson-Marstelar employees who are bound to struggle with Linux despite their incessant bleating because they don't know their Linux and would dearly love to learn. On Wed, 09 May 2012 19:09:58 +0100, 7 wrote: > Getting started with Linux and command line commands > ---------------------------------------------------- The only command a frustrated Linux user will ever need: setup.exe Re-install Windows 7 and free yourself from the crap that is Linux. Get your life and your time back. After swilling some grog, 7 belched this bit o' wisdom: > Getting started with Linux and command line commands > ---------------------------------------------------- > > http://www.extremetech.com/computing/128247-getting-started-with-linux-commands > > > Helps the gradual user to gradually get into Linux. > > Also lots of tips the Burson-Marstelar employees who are > bound to struggle with Linux despite their incessant bleating > because they don't know their Linux and would dearly love to learn. Nice little cheat sheet at that link. -- Do you have exactly what I want in a plaid poindexter bar bat?? ...

2 screens open in dev mode when I open one screen
I have an application that used to work properly, then somehow, LabVIEW just seemed to change the way it was working.&nbsp; I have written an application that opens a main screen.&nbsp; This is called "mainscreen.vi".&nbsp; Inside the main screen vi, when it runs, it opens another vi, called "setup.vi".&nbsp; The problem I have is that when I first launch LabVIEW, then open "mainscreen.vi", "setup.vi" also opens right along with it.&nbsp; These vi's are not running upon opening.&nbsp; Both are in dev mode and are not running at all.&nbsp; Why would another vi suddenly start opening along with mainscreen?&nbsp; Whe I&nbsp;open setup.vi&nbsp;by itself, it is the only one that opens.&nbsp; This is very frustrating, as&nbsp;I am getting tired of&nbsp;constantly having to fix settings within LavVIEW that seem to change all by themselves.&nbsp; When running the application (exe version), since both screens open upon launch, the setup screen won't go away.&nbsp; It is set up to close if originally closed, but since it was open from the start, it won't close and release the program back to the main screen.&nbsp; Please help. Thanks. Rick &nbsp; ...

Help: Can VB open a command prompt and pipe commands?
Hi folks, Is anybody able to tell me if and how it is possible to have vb open a command prompt and have commands or text i specify piped into it to carry out some tasks? Help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Clint On Feb 27, 2:18 pm, "Clinton M James" <fakeem...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi folks, > > Is anybody able to tell me if and how it is possible to have vb open a > command prompt and have commands or text i specify piped into it to carry > out some tasks? > > Help is appreciated. > > Thank you in advance. > > Clint Clint - What type of an application are you writing? What you ask is very similar to the basic operation of a computer virus. In response to the post: On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:18:41 +1100, "Clinton M James" <fakeemail@yahoo.com> stated...and I replied: >Hi folks, > >Is anybody able to tell me if and how it is possible to have vb open a >command prompt and have commands or text i specify piped into it to carry >out some tasks? > >Help is appreciated. > >Thank you in advance. > >Clint > Clint, Best way to do this is to create a .bat file and run it. 1 Write a file with each of the steps you want done (Make sure you close it). 2 ShellExecute will run it. Hope this helps, Shell No Virus intended, wouldnt know what to do there. What I am doing is in my role at work I have to prepare things to be put on a cd in pdf format. The process is ...

Running xPC target on a target PC while having a sensor connected to the host computer
Hi, I'm using xPC target to run an application on a target computer. This target computer has several actuators and sensors physically connected to it and all are running fine. The communication between the host computter running Simulink and the target PC is done through wireless TCP/IP. Now we acquired a new sensor that will be taken measurements of the experiment but this sensor must be connected directly to the host computer through a serial connection (COM1). What I want to do is to add to my Simulink file a new block that reads the output from this sensor connected to the host. I'm planning to use the Instrument Control Toolbox blockset for that. I must be able to build the final Simulink file with xPC target. Can this be done with the Instrument Control Toolbox blockset? PS: I have a MATLAB .m file that already does everything I need. Is there any way to call this file from Simulink without jeopardizing the capability to build into xPC target at the end? Thank you for your help. ...

How to open Layout in Turbo mode, w/ DRD on in "Notify" mode ??
I would like to always have Turbo envoked when I open a Layout window, and at the same time turn on DRD, with the "Notify" mode activated. I have been able to open my layout in Turbo mode, by adding a trigger to my layout window (see below), and I have been able to set the "hierarcical depth" value, but I can't figure out how to always get it in to "Notify" mode. I have tried the leToggleDrdMode() function, but this toggles between Off, Notify, & Enforce. And everytime I traverse the hierarchy it will toggle between the 3. I've even tried to force it to "Notify" mode with the below command, but it doesn't seem to get passed to the Layout window. thanks in advance. leDRDOptionsForm->drdMode->value = "Notify" procedure(mlMenuTrigger(args) deInstallApp(getCurrentWindow() "Virtuoso Turbo") ;this will turn on DRD when layout is opened leDRDOptionsForm->drdHierDepth->value = 10 );end proc deRegUserTriggers( "maskLayout" nil nil 'mlMenuTrigger) On Feb 1, 11:58=A0pm, vtcad <Roland.Fonta...@gmail.com> wrote: > I would like to always have Turbo envoked when I open a Layout window, > and at the same time turn on DRD, with the "Notify" mode activated. I > have been able to open my layout in Turbo mode, by adding a trigger to > my layout window (see below), and I have been able to set the > "hierarcical depth" value, but I can'...

target server
I'm unable to create a tarter server - target connection in workbench 2.4 (VxWorks 6.2)and the log is below: ---------------------------------------------------- (Registry localhost): failed to launch target serverPossibly caused by: Back-end not connected Target Server Log: Checking License ...OK WTX Library version: 4.0.7.12 Tgtsvr core version: 4.0.7.13 Connecting to target agent... Error: rpccore backend client RPC: Timed out failed. ------------------------------------------------------- My target is a proprietary processor based on MIPS architecture. I don't know which CPU option to select, so set to default, it didn't work. Then I tried giving RM**** oprions hoping they indicate MIPS, but the same error. In the help, I saw the following: *************************** Check that the WDB connection to the target is fully operational by right-clicking a target in the Target Manager and selecting Target Tools > Run WTX Connection Test. This tool will verify that the communication link is correct. If there are errors, you can use the WTX and WDB logs to better track down what is wrong with the target. *************************** But, I don't find this option in my target manager. I previously used Tornado 2.2, the same image works; There, no need to specify any CPU type. But here, one needs to. Is specifying the wrong CPU an issue here or something else ? I have a samr problem in Tornado 2.2. Did you know, how solv it? """dssuresh ���...

i would like to open labview just like i open my microsoft word by typing msword in run command
Hi all &nbsp; I would like to open the labview by typing a command in the Run For example we type mspaint to open the Microsoft paint in the Run (start---&gt;Run---&gt;command) i would like to know the command &nbsp; &nbsp; Hi Narendra,To change the PATH environment variable:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Right-click on My Computer, and then click Properties. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Click the Advanced tab.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Click Environment variables. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. Click on the PATH variable within the Systems Variables list.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 5. Click Edit. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 6. Append the search paths for the applications you would like to launch.&nbsp; Paths must be separated by semicolons.&nbsp; (For LabVIEW 8.20, the default path would be: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 7. Click OK three times to close all of the dialog boxes.You must be an administrator to modify a system environment variable. System environment variables are defined by Windows and apply to all computer users. Changes to the system environment are written to the registry, and usually require a restart to become effective. Thanks to Microsoft.com for providing most of this information <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310519" target="_blank">here</a>. Cheers, ...

FAQ 8.26 Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? #16
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.26: Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? If the second argument to a piped open() contains shell metacharacters, perl fork()s, then exec()s a shell to decode the metacharacters and eventually run the desired program. If the program couldn't be run, it's the shell that gets the message, not Perl. All your Perl program can find out is whether the shell itself could be successfully started. You can still capture the shell's STDERR and check it for error messages. See "How can I capture STDERR from an external command?" elsewhere in this document, or use the IPC::Open3 module. If there are no shell metacharacters in the argument of open(), Perl runs the command directly, without using the shell, and can correctly report whether the command started. -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. They are not necessarily experts in every domain where Perl might show up, so please include as much information as possible and relev...

FAQ 8.26 Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? #17
[...]

FAQ 8.26 Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? #12
[...]

FAQ 8.26 Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? #21
[...]

FAQ 8.26 Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? #18
[...]

FAQ 8.26 Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? #10