No rule to make target `ptolemy/ptolemy.jar' on Mandriva Linux System

System:

Mandriva Linux 2007.1 on an i586 system.

Linux localhost 2.6.17-13mdvcustom #1 SMP Sat Jul 28 19:09:18 MST 2007 i686
Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz GNU/Linux

java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.11-6mdv2007.1
javacc-4.0-3.4mdv2007.1

Latest versions of Java3D, JMF, and JAI installed.

I am trying to compile the UNIX sources for PTII-6.0.2 from the command
line.

I have tried following the installation instructions from the webpage to the
letter:

setenv PTII /home/sprocket/ptII6.0.2
cd "$PTII"
rm -f config.*
../configure
make fast install

That didn't work.  So I tried deleting the ptII6.0.2 directory, re-unpacking
the tarball, and doing the following:

setenv PTII /home/sprocket/ptII6.0.2
cd "$PTII"
rm -f config.*
../configure
make
make install

That didn't work either.  Well, the 'make' seemed to complete without
problems, but the 'make install' pukes with the following error message,
which is the same error message I got above when I tried to run 'make fast
install':

make: *** No rule to make target `ptolemy/ptolemy.jar', needed by
`ptII.jar'.  Stop.

Any ideas?
Daniel
0
Dan
11/11/2007 11:41:02 PM
comp.soft-sys.ptolemy 1028 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'. Stop.
I used ACE-5.4.10 on RHEL-AS3, the ACE works well. Now I upgrade my os to CentSO4.4, Hardware CPU=P3/ MEM=512M I can build the ACE and it's examples and run the exampls... But I can not compile my own app source, the make end with some output error as follows. ==============Simple Make Output============ [zheng@centos4 configer]$ make make: *** No rule to make target `__prebuild__', needed by `all'. Stop. ==============Detail Make Output============ [zheng@centos4 configer]$ make SHELL="sh -x" + awk '/ACE_MAJOR_VERSION/ { print $3}' /home/zheng/...

djgpp, make under windwos => no rule to make target 'foo' :-(
Hi, I have a plain standard installation of djgpp, but when I try to use make with 100% valid make-files, I get an error saying: make.exe: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. (or equivalent for any other command. There IS a rule for 'all', and I am sure I use the make from the djgpp distribution. I get a similar message if I try to make for any other string. Even if I specify the makefile (-f Makefile) I get the error. Any idea what goes wrong? Thanks in advance, R -- I use a fake senderaddress, hence unfortunately you can't reply to me by mail. The r...

Ptolemy Classic available via CVS, Ptolemy Classic runs under Windows
I converted the Ptolemy Classic (Ptolemy 0.7.2devel) SCCS repository to CVS and made the Ptolemy Classic CVS repository available for read only access with: cvs -d :pserver:anon@source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsanon login # No password needed, hit enter cvs -d :pserver:anon@source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsanon co ptclassic For the most part, the SCCS history was converted to CVS, though a few non-critical files had problems so I checked them in without the SCCS history. Eventually I'll get a CVS web interface up for the Ptolemy Classic repository. In other n...

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop.
I am trying to strip the texinfo, pdf, dvi and html targets from the binutils makefile in preparation for scratch building. I am getting an error, as I attempt to compile the suite as follows: config.status: executing default-1 commands make[2]: Entering directory `/volumes/vol3a/build/binutils-2.19.1/opcodes' make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. I don't know what has gone wrong there, but how do I go about tracing the cause of this error? Which Makefile is being searched for such a rule? The project appears to have five Makefiles at this stage of ...

ports
I tried to install wireshark yesterday as an upgrade to ethereal. This will sound daft - but the ports system seems unable to 'make' certain targets. The install (via portupgrade) seemed to start with a 'make clean' - which promptly failed ("don't know how to make clean"). I forced it through by running 'make install' manually in the relevant directory. I had to repeat this procedure for a couple of dependencies - and now it's finished with "make: don't know how to make package-depends-list. Stop" Any ideas what may be...

Compiling xpython: No rule to make target `runathana.py', needed by `frozen/frozen.c'.
I found an interesting project, it's a single 4.7 MB executable with stdlib+PIL+pdf r/w+magpy+wxpython environment But when compiling following the instructions http://www.xpython.org/#compiling there is an error make: *** No rule to make target `runathana.py', needed by `frozen/ frozen.c'. Stop. I am using Debian 4.0 32bit machine On Oct 10, 7:40=A0pm, est <electronix...@gmail.com> wrote: > I found an interesting project, it's a single 4.7 MB executable with > stdlib+PIL+pdf r/w+magpy+wxpython environment > > But when compiling following t...

How to make system calls having 64-bit arguments using 'int 80h' in 32-bit Linux
If I need to make a system call with 6 arguments I can use the code: " push %esi\n" " push %edi\n" " push %ebx\n" " push %ebp\n" " movl 16+ 4(%esp),%eax\n" // syscall_num " movl 16+ 8(%esp),%ebx\n" // arg1 " movl 16+12(%esp),%ecx\n" // arg2 " movl 16+16(%esp),%edx\n" // arg3 " movl 16+20(%esp),%esi\n" // arg4 " movl 16+24(%esp),%edi\n" // arg5 " movl 16+28(%esp),%ebp\n" // arg6 " ...

[News] Palm's 'Nova Linux' in the Making, Archos Made Linux-based Flexible
Palm Codenames Linux-Based Palm OS II Nova ,----[ Quote ] | Now comes word from Palm Infocenter that the PDA pioneer not only has yet | another, third, smartphone in the works, but that that device is being used | to test its long-delayed Linux-based follow up to the Palm OS, which now has | an internal codename of its own. `---- http://www.smartphonetoday.com/articles/2008/1/2008-1-11-Palm-Codenames-Linux.html Archos 605 WiFi Linux hack ,----[ Quote ] | Personally, I think the Archos 605 WiFi is a cool enough gadget on its own, | but there's always something to be said for hack...

Linking up Ptolemy with scientific workflow systems
Hi Ptolemy developers, I am a member of the myGrid workflow project in the United Kingdom, trying to hook up with people with in depth knowledge of Ptolemy's Directors during or after the Ptolemy workshop on May 12th. myGrid has developed a set of components to construct workflows in bioinformatics and is linked to Kepler through the LinkUp initiative (http://www.mygrid.org.uk/linkup/). Some of the capabilities of the Kepler and myGrid workflows are highly complementary, which has recently spawned activity to interoperate the two environments. As part of this, I'm co...

'make' rules
Hi, I would like to configure my makefile so that the executables/object files are created in another directory rather than the current directory, i.e. src: is the directory where I have src. code and makefile I want the exes and object files in .../obj Is this possible? Thanks. "psp" <pradhan.pushkar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168911766.655169.245230@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I would like to configure my makefile so that the executables/object > files are created in another directory rather than the current > directory, i.e. > src: is the...

Re: Linking up Ptolemy with scientific workflow systems
Hi Antoon, Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this. With regard to asking questions about directors, Professor Lee is the best person for this, but his schedule is rather tight, so I'm not sure if he will be available to meet with you on the 13th. Professor Lee and the rest of the group will be around on the 12th at the Ptolemy/Kepler meeting. Talking to Professor Lee during the poster session might be useful. Ptolemy group members can answer general questions, but usually Edward will have some insight above and beyond our experience. You might also want to ch...

Ptolemy related Soft Walls project in the news
BTW - Professor Lee, Adam Cataldo, Ian Mitchell, Xiaojun Liu, Steve Neuendorffer, Iman Ahmadi, Zhongning Chen, Professor Shankar Sastry and others have been working on the Soft Walls project, which is studying ways to modify the avionics control system on the aircraft to limit the space into which an aircraft can fly and possibly prevent 9/11 style disasters. The Soft Walls home page is at http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/projects/softwalls/ The Soft Walls project has recently been covered by several media outlets, including: Radio Interview: WTOP, Washington DC (Real Audio For...

Dependencies in Ptolemy II's core
Hi, This is JS from the Drone group. First, thanks a lot for your quick and extensive answer: we are currently running again through each point and we will address them soon. I have a quick question. We're currently trying to strip out Ptolemy II's code to keep only the essential, core classes/packages. We have managed to isolate the ptolemy.kernel* classes and packages except for ptolemy.kernel.test package, which had dependencies on some GUI classes. We're now trying to bring the ptolemy.actor packages in. In order for this to compile, we had to include the ...

[News] [Linux] 'Russian BSA' and Microsoft Make it Harder to Get Linux
Legality of Fedora in production environment ,----[ Quote ] | Recently the appropriate laws in my country (Russia) have beens | ignificantly toughened. Now the police can check for illegal softwareu | sage by their own initiative (without request from the owner). The | tax inspection demands that software should be registered at | accounts departments. | | During such a checking, the user is obliged now to show all hardcopy | license documents (with original signatures and stamps). `---- http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-May/msg00697.html A good reason to go open source...

Web resources about - No rule to make target `ptolemy/ptolemy.jar' on Mandriva Linux System - comp.soft-sys.ptolemy

Ptolemy II Philadelphus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ptolemy II Philadelphus ( Greek : Πτολεμαῖος Φιλάδελφος , Ptolemaîos Philádelphos , 309–246 BC) was the king of Ptolemaic Egypt from 283 BC to ...

Ptolemy I Soter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ptolemy I Soter I ( Ancient Greek : Πτολεμαῖος Σωτήρ , Ptolemaĩos Sōtḗr , i.e. Ptolemy (pronounced /ˈtɒləmi/ ) the Savior), also known as Ptolemy ...

Ptolemy Gray (@AMobiusStrip) on Twitter

Ptolemy's Solar Hypotheses - YouTube
An illustration of Ptolemy's two hypotheses presented in Book III, Chapter 3 of the Almagest. Music: Múm - Green Grass Of Tunnel Video by Noah ...

Ptolemy at Daily Kos
Washington loved democracy so much he declined to be a king. Fractious democracy took its time to get things done. Authoritarians have attempted ...

We're STFC RAL Space engineers who designed and built PTOLEMY an instrument on the Philae lander for ...
We're a team of 3 engineers from STFC RAL Space who helped design and build PTOLEMY in conjunction with the Open University for the Rosetta... ...

Rosetta Mission: Ptolemy sniffs next piece of the comet puzzle
New results from Ptolemy an instrument on the Rosetta mission’s Philae lander, suggest that Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko may be giving of ...

‘Looking’ Actor Ptolemy Slocum Joins HBO's ‘Westworld’
Ptolemy Slocum has joined the growing cast of the Warner Bros. Television/HBO's science fiction pilot “Westworld,” TheWrap has learned. WBTV ...

From Ptolemy to George Eliot to William Blake, Celebrating the Private History of Everyday Happiness ...
I know that I am mortal by nature and ephemeral, but when I trace at my pleasure the windings to and fro of the heavenly bodies...I stand in ...

CHO-bearing organic compounds at the surface of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko revealed by Ptolemy
... Similarities with the detected coma species of comet Halley suggest the presence of a radiation-induced polymer at the surface. Ptolemy measurements ...