Ptolemy related Soft Walls project in the news

BTW - Professor Lee, Adam Cataldo, Ian Mitchell, Xiaojun Liu, Steve
Neuendorffer, Iman Ahmadi, Zhongning Chen, Professor Shankar Sastry
and others have been working on the Soft Walls project, which is
studying ways to modify the avionics control system on the aircraft to
limit the space into which an aircraft can fly and possibly prevent
9/11 style disasters.

The Soft Walls home page is at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/projects/softwalls/

The Soft Walls project has recently been covered by several media
outlets, including:

Radio Interview: WTOP, Washington DC (Real Audio Format) (7/14)
      http://www.wtopradio.com/media/july/0714_lee.ram

Radio Interview: The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's 'As it Happens' (7/9)
      http://www.cbc.ca/insite/AS_IT_HAPPENS_TORONTO/2003/7/9.html

      The interview begins around 15:35
      in Part 2 of the As It Happens Real Audio stream:
      http://cbc.ca/asithappens/real/pt2-03-07-09-aih2.ram

Slashdot (7/3)
      http://slashdot.org/articles/03/07/03/1639249.shtml?tid=126

The New Scientist (7/2)
      This article was also carried by many news outlets, including: CNN,
      Toronto Globe and Mail, The Washington Times, The Orlando Sentinel,
      The Straits Times (Singapore), The Times of India,
      The Star (SouthAfrica), The Age (Australia)

Adam has been using Ptolemy II to model the various control algorithms
though none of those models are ready for release yet.

-Christopher

Christopher Hylands    cxh@eecs.berkeley.edu  University of California
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/GSRC         US Mail: 558 Cory Hall #1770
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2739	      Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480  (office: 400A Cory)

cxh
7/14/2003 11:51:31 PM
comp.soft-sys.ptolemy 1028 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[News] [OT] Dirty Little Tricks at Facebook-Soft and Dell-Soft
Facebook spills the beans on users ,----[ Quote ] | There's nothing wrong with the idea of letting people choose to be found | through search engines, but existing users may feel betrayed by Facebook's | opt-out policy. `---- http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14346/1054/ Dell founder 'unaware' of company's financial shenanigans ,----[ Quote ] | Speaking of backlogged product, he also addressed the delays plaguing new XPS | and Inspiron notebooks, but curiously there was no mention of paint-related | problems. `---- http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9772374-7.ht...

acomplia suisse soft generique acquerir acomplia soft
acomplia suisse soft generique acquerir acomplia soft +++ PERTE DE POIDS +++ PERTE DE POIDS +++ PERTE DE POIDS +++ + ACHETER DU ACOMPLIA BON MARCHE (ALL CARDS ACCEPTED) http://groups.google.com/group/acheter-du-acomplia-acheter-acomplia http://groups.google.com/group/acheter-du-acomplia-acheter-acomplia http://groups.google.com/group/acheter-du-acomplia-acheter-acomplia + + + ACHETER DU XENICAL BON MARCHE (ALL CARDS ACCEPTED) http://groups.google.com/group/xenical-commande-en-ligne-acheter-xenical-generique-acheter http://groups.google.com/group/xenical-commande-en-ligne-acheter-xenical-g...

soft core, soft processor core, processor
Hi, This might sound stupid, but I really hope someone could clear these terms for me. Thank you. awa wrote: > Hi, > > This might sound stupid, but I really hope someone could clear these > terms for me. A Soft CPU is one that can be field reconfigured, and is not hardwired in silicon. Most common form are implemented in FPGAs, so look for PicoBlaze, PacoBlaze, MicroBlaze, NIOS, NIOS II, Mico8, Mico32, on the net, for examples. Just to confuse you more, some of these SoftCPUs are available under license, to be used to build hard-Wired CPUs :) -jg Hi Jim, Oh no. Another t...

Call For Papers: SOFT COMPUTING for BIOINFORMATICS(SOFT COMPUTING Journal )
=20 SOFT COMPUTING Journal - SPRINGER =20 Special Issue on =20 Soft Computing for Bioinformatics =20 CALL FOR PAPERS =20 The past few years have witnessed phenomenal growth of=20 bioinformatics, an exciting field devoted to the interpretation and=20 analysis of biological data using computational techniques. Among=20 the large number of computational techniques used, soft computing,=20 which incorporates=20 =20 * neural networks,=20 * evolutionary computation,=20 * fuzzy systems, and=20 * chao...

Soft wares and related issues
Advantages for using 3D Simulation software in the Fashion design industry How often have we felt the need to have a tool which could simulate the stitching and the fit and fall of a garment, even before actually stitching it out of the actual fabric? 3D Simulation offers the user a suite of tools that... Combating SPAM Everyone who communicates on the internet via email has the same old problem of SPAM and it=92s becoming more apparent that the recent unsolicited commercial emails (UCE) laws implemented in the US and Europe are not having an impact. Did you know... Offshore Softwar...

Preferences and Soft Constraints, SofT'11
11th Workshop on Preferences and Soft Constraints, SofT'11 Held in conjunction with the 17th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, CP'11 12-16th September 2011 Perugia, Italy http://www.dmi.unipg.it/francesco.santini/soft11/ Technical Description --------------------- Preferences are ubiquitous in real life: most problems are over-constrained and would not be solvable if we insist that all their requirements are strictly met. Moreover, many problems are more natu...

Preferences and Soft Constraints, SofT'11
11th Workshop on Preferences and Soft Constraints, SofT'11 Held in conjunction with the 17th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, CP'11 12-16th September 2011 Perugia, Italy http://www.dmi.unipg.it/francesco.santini/soft11/ Technical Description --------------------- Preferences are ubiquitous in real life: most problems are over-constrained and would not be solvable if we insist that all their requirements are strictly met. Moreover, many proble...

Soft refs problem with cgi
Hi Group, I'm a relative cgi newbie. In the script below, I am trying to cycle through 3 variables using a loop to create a soft reference for each, and print the contents of each reference. When I print the dereferenced value, it is always empty - but when I print the variables themselves ($p0_mount etc), they contain the correct values. Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks Adrian #!/usr/bin/perl -wT use strict; use CGI qw(:standard); use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser); my ($ref,$p0_mount,$p1_mount,$p2_mount,$q,$val); $ENV{'PATH'}="/bin:/usr/bin"; pr...

[...]

Ptolemy Classic available via CVS, Ptolemy Classic runs under Windows
I converted the Ptolemy Classic (Ptolemy 0.7.2devel) SCCS repository to CVS and made the Ptolemy Classic CVS repository available for read only access with: cvs -d :pserver:anon@source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsanon login # No password needed, hit enter cvs -d :pserver:anon@source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsanon co ptclassic For the most part, the SCCS history was converted to CVS, though a few non-critical files had problems so I checked them in without the SCCS history. Eventually I'll get a CVS web interface up for the Ptolemy Classic repository. In other n...

[...]

Web resources about - Ptolemy related Soft Walls project in the news - comp.soft-sys.ptolemy

Ptolemy II Philadelphus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ptolemy II Philadelphus ( Greek : Πτολεμαῖος Φιλάδελφος , Ptolemaîos Philádelphos , 309–246 BC) was the king of Ptolemaic Egypt from 283 BC to ...

Ptolemy I Soter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ptolemy I Soter I ( Ancient Greek : Πτολεμαῖος Σωτήρ , Ptolemaĩos Sōtḗr , i.e. Ptolemy (pronounced /ˈtɒləmi/ ) the Savior), also known as Ptolemy ...

Ptolemy Gray (@AMobiusStrip) on Twitter

Ptolemy's Solar Hypotheses - YouTube
An illustration of Ptolemy's two hypotheses presented in Book III, Chapter 3 of the Almagest. Music: Múm - Green Grass Of Tunnel Video by Noah ...

Ptolemy at Daily Kos
Washington loved democracy so much he declined to be a king. Fractious democracy took its time to get things done. Authoritarians have attempted ...

We're STFC RAL Space engineers who designed and built PTOLEMY an instrument on the Philae lander for ...
We're a team of 3 engineers from STFC RAL Space who helped design and build PTOLEMY in conjunction with the Open University for the Rosetta... ...

Rosetta Mission: Ptolemy sniffs next piece of the comet puzzle
New results from Ptolemy an instrument on the Rosetta mission’s Philae lander, suggest that Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko may be giving of ...

‘Looking’ Actor Ptolemy Slocum Joins HBO's ‘Westworld’
Ptolemy Slocum has joined the growing cast of the Warner Bros. Television/HBO's science fiction pilot “Westworld,” TheWrap has learned. WBTV ...

From Ptolemy to George Eliot to William Blake, Celebrating the Private History of Everyday Happiness ...
I know that I am mortal by nature and ephemeral, but when I trace at my pleasure the windings to and fro of the heavenly bodies...I stand in ...

CHO-bearing organic compounds at the surface of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko revealed by Ptolemy
... Similarities with the detected coma species of comet Halley suggest the presence of a radiation-induced polymer at the surface. Ptolemy measurements ...