f



Application Broker & Application Server

I am trying to get SAS Intrnet work on my laptop.  I have downloaded
Apache, and installed.  Then I ran websrv.exe to install CGI tool
setup.  I directed the install to the following directories:
(1) first prompt samples and support files:  c:\program files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\sasweb
(2) second prompt CGI directory:  c:\program files\apache
group\apache\cgi-bin
(3) third prompt URL corresponding to c:\program files\apache
group\apache\cgi-bin:
    http:\\localhost\cgi-bin
Then run Start-Programs-The SAS System-SAS IntrNet-Create a New
IntrNet Service
 using default as service name and 5010 as port.
Next I edit the broker.cfg to reflect default name, and 5010 port and
http.conf to reflect port number.

I start Apache.  When I start default service, I see a SAS launch
screen and then a box minimizes and says SAS / App Srv 5010 but then
it immediately goes away.  One time it did stay, but I can not get it
to stay now.

When going to http:\\localhost - I do receive the Apache confirmation
screen - so I have that working.
At http:\\localhost\scripts\broker.exe?  I get page not found.
At http:\\localhost\cgi-bin\broker.exe?  When I got the SAS / App Srv
5010 box to minimize and stay and it did not go away, I did get the
test page with the Application Dispatcher, Sample, Docs choices - but
when I selected a sample like "Hello World" or pinged it, I got
message not functioning properly.

I am using SAS online IntrNet community help and SUGI papers - and am
intolerant of stupid questions posted here, as I believe in those who
say first RTFD.  However, the FD's do not seem to apply to my trouble
here.

IntrNet gurus -- What am I doing wrong????  

Regards -

Gale Gould
Web Resourcing Consultant
CCFC - Atlanta
0
4/25/2004 4:36:15 PM
comp.soft-sys.sas 142828 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

10 Replies
1343 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 1

Hello Gale,

Have you looked at the SAS log for the default service that you are trying to
start?  It sounds like something is wrong with one of the parameters that you
are using to invoke it, hence the default server collapses.  Take a look at the
log and post more information if you don't see the answer straight away.

Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis
michael@bassettconsulting.com

>
> From: GGould <galegould2000@YAHOO.COM>
> Date: 2004/04/25 Sun PM 12:36:15 EDT
> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> Subject: Application Broker & Application Server
>
> I am trying to get SAS Intrnet work on my laptop.  I have downloaded
> Apache, and installed.  Then I ran websrv.exe to install CGI tool
> setup.  I directed the install to the following directories:
> (1) first prompt samples and support files:  c:\program files\apache
> group\apache\htdocs\sasweb
> (2) second prompt CGI directory:  c:\program files\apache
> group\apache\cgi-bin
> (3) third prompt URL corresponding to c:\program files\apache
> group\apache\cgi-bin:
>     http:\\localhost\cgi-bin
> Then run Start-Programs-The SAS System-SAS IntrNet-Create a New
> IntrNet Service
>  using default as service name and 5010 as port.
> Next I edit the broker.cfg to reflect default name, and 5010 port and
> http.conf to reflect port number.
>
> I start Apache.  When I start default service, I see a SAS launch
> screen and then a box minimizes and says SAS / App Srv 5010 but then
> it immediately goes away.  One time it did stay, but I can not get it
> to stay now.
>
> When going to http:\\localhost - I do receive the Apache confirmation
> screen - so I have that working.
> At http:\\localhost\scripts\broker.exe?  I get page not found.
> At http:\\localhost\cgi-bin\broker.exe?  When I got the SAS / App Srv
> 5010 box to minimize and stay and it did not go away, I did get the
> test page with the Application Dispatcher, Sample, Docs choices - but
> when I selected a sample like "Hello World" or pinged it, I got
> message not functioning properly.
>
> I am using SAS online IntrNet community help and SUGI papers - and am
> intolerant of stupid questions posted here, as I believe in those who
> say first RTFD.  However, the FD's do not seem to apply to my trouble
> here.
>
> IntrNet gurus -- What am I doing wrong????
>
> Regards -
>
> Gale Gould
> Web Resourcing Consultant
> CCFC - Atlanta
>
0
michael193 (218)
4/25/2004 6:39:24 PM
The log for your review:

NOTE: SAS initialization used:
      real time           0.31 seconds
      cpu time            0.19 seconds
      
1          /* **********************************************
2           * This file starts an Application Server for the
3           * default socket service.
4           * ********************************************** */
5          
6          /* **********************************************
7           * The ifcexist macro is defined so that catalogs
8           * can be conditionally included in a proglibs
9           * statement.
10          * ********************************************** */
11         %macro ifcexist(catname);
12           %local catname;
13           %if %sysfunc(cexist(&catname)) %then &catname;
14         %mend;
15         
16         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
Server started for the
16       ! default service.));
17         proc appsrv  unsafe='&";%'''
18           &sysparm;
19           allocate file sample '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample';
20           allocate library samplib '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
access=readonly;
21           allocate library sampdat '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
access=readonly;
22           allocate library tmplib 'C:\Documents and
Settings\GGould\My Documents\My
22       ! SAS Files\V8\IntrNet\default\temp';
23           allocate file logfile 'C:\Documents and
Settings\GGould\My Documents\My SAS
23       !  Files\V8\IntrNet\default\logs\%a_%p.log';
24           proglibs sample samplib %ifcexist(sashelp.webeis)
sashelp.webprog;
25           proglibs sashelp.websdk1;
26           adminlibs sashelp.webadmn;
27           datalibs sampdat tmplib;
28           log file=logfile;
29         
30         /* ***************************************************
31          * Web clients may execute any program in any libref,
32          * fileref or libref.catalog listed in a PROGLIBS
33          * statement.  Consider security carefully when adding
34          * new program libraries.  Operating system security
35          * should be used to restrict which users can place
36          * programs in these locations.
37          *
38          * DATALIBS statements lists librefs or filerefs
39          * that are defined for all programs executed by this
40          * server.  Clients may not execute programs in these
41          * librefs or filerefs unless they are also listed in
42          * a PROGLIBS statement.  The DATALIBS statement
43          * does not accept two-level libref.catalog names.
44          * The DATALIBS statement does not restrict programs
45          * from assigning additional library or file references.
46          *
47          * To add program and data libraries to this server
48          * insert ALLOCATE, PROGLIBS, DATALIBS statements
49          * in a block before the RUN statement.  You may issue
50          * multiple PROGLIBS and DATALIBS statements in a
51          * single appsrv procedure.  Repeat this syntax as
52          * necessary.
53          *
54          * For example:
55          *
56          *    allocate library mylib 'path';
57          *    allocate file myfile 'path';
58          *    allocate library mydata 'path';
59          *    proglibs mylib myfile;
60          *    datalibs mydata;
61          *
62          * ************************************************** */
63         
64         run;

WARNING: ADMINLIBS have been specified with no ADMINPW specified
ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE APPSRV used:
      real time           0.11 seconds
      cpu time            0.03 seconds
      
65         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
Server stopped for the
65       ! default service.));

ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.

NOTE: SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC USA 27513-2414
NOTE: The SAS System used:
      real time           0.59 seconds
      cpu time            0.26 seconds
      
 

Regards -
 
Gale Gould
Web Resourcing Consultant
CCFC - Atlanta
0
4/25/2004 10:34:19 PM
Hello Gale,

The key cause of your SAS/IntrNet failure are related to the following
messages:

ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'

Could it be that port 5010 [noted in your first message] is already in
use?  I'd try another port.

- Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis


At 03:34 PM 4/25/2004 -0700, GGould <galegould2000@YAHOO.COM> wrote:
>The log for your review:
>
>NOTE: SAS initialization used:
>       real time           0.31 seconds
>       cpu time            0.19 seconds
>
>1          /* **********************************************
>2           * This file starts an Application Server for the
>3           * default socket service.
>4           * ********************************************** */
>5
>6          /* **********************************************
>7           * The ifcexist macro is defined so that catalogs
>8           * can be conditionally included in a proglibs
>9           * statement.
>10          * ********************************************** */
>11         %macro ifcexist(catname);
>12           %local catname;
>13           %if %sysfunc(cexist(&catname)) %then &catname;
>14         %mend;
>15
>16         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
>Server started for the
>16       ! default service.));
>17         proc appsrv  unsafe='&";%'''
>18           &sysparm;
>19           allocate file sample '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample';
>20           allocate library samplib '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
>access=readonly;
>21           allocate library sampdat '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
>access=readonly;
>22           allocate library tmplib 'C:\Documents and
>Settings\GGould\My Documents\My
>22       ! SAS Files\V8\IntrNet\default\temp';
>23           allocate file logfile 'C:\Documents and
>Settings\GGould\My Documents\My SAS
>23       !  Files\V8\IntrNet\default\logs\%a_%p.log';
>24           proglibs sample samplib %ifcexist(sashelp.webeis)
>sashelp.webprog;
>25           proglibs sashelp.websdk1;
>26           adminlibs sashelp.webadmn;
>27           datalibs sampdat tmplib;
>28           log file=logfile;
>29
>30         /* ***************************************************
>31          * Web clients may execute any program in any libref,
>32          * fileref or libref.catalog listed in a PROGLIBS
>33          * statement.  Consider security carefully when adding
>34          * new program libraries.  Operating system security
>35          * should be used to restrict which users can place
>36          * programs in these locations.
>37          *
>38          * DATALIBS statements lists librefs or filerefs
>39          * that are defined for all programs executed by this
>40          * server.  Clients may not execute programs in these
>41          * librefs or filerefs unless they are also listed in
>42          * a PROGLIBS statement.  The DATALIBS statement
>43          * does not accept two-level libref.catalog names.
>44          * The DATALIBS statement does not restrict programs
>45          * from assigning additional library or file references.
>46          *
>47          * To add program and data libraries to this server
>48          * insert ALLOCATE, PROGLIBS, DATALIBS statements
>49          * in a block before the RUN statement.  You may issue
>50          * multiple PROGLIBS and DATALIBS statements in a
>51          * single appsrv procedure.  Repeat this syntax as
>52          * necessary.
>53          *
>54          * For example:
>55          *
>56          *    allocate library mylib 'path';
>57          *    allocate file myfile 'path';
>58          *    allocate library mydata 'path';
>59          *    proglibs mylib myfile;
>60          *    datalibs mydata;
>61          *
>62          * ************************************************** */
>63
>64         run;
>
>WARNING: ADMINLIBS have been specified with no ADMINPW specified
>ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
>ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
>ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
>ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
>ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
>ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
>NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
>NOTE: PROCEDURE APPSRV used:
>       real time           0.11 seconds
>       cpu time            0.03 seconds
>
>65         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
>Server stopped for the
>65       ! default service.));
>
>ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
>ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
>ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
>
>NOTE: SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC USA 27513-2414
>NOTE: The SAS System used:
>       real time           0.59 seconds
>       cpu time            0.26 seconds
>
>
>
>Regards -
>
>Gale Gould
>Web Resourcing Consultant
>CCFC - Atlanta

Michael L. Davis
Bassett Consulting Services, Inc.
E-Mail:  michael@bassettconsulting.com
Web:  http://www.bassettconsulting.com
Telephone:    203-562-0640
0
michael193 (218)
4/26/2004 3:03:47 AM
It appears that you already have something listening on the port you
specified (from your earlier email I think you said it was 5010).

Have you checked to see if something is already running on that port? For
example, do you have SAS/Share running? I think many of the SAS samples have
you set up the Share server so it listens on port 5010. If so, that would
explain the conflict.

Regardless, what happens when you try a different port?

HTH,
-don h.

----- Original Message -----
From: "GGould" <galegould2000@YAHOO.COM>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l
To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: Application Broker & Application Server


> The log for your review:
>
> NOTE: SAS initialization used:
>       real time           0.31 seconds
>       cpu time            0.19 seconds
>
> 1          /* **********************************************
> 2           * This file starts an Application Server for the
> 3           * default socket service.
> 4           * ********************************************** */
> 5
> 6          /* **********************************************
> 7           * The ifcexist macro is defined so that catalogs
> 8           * can be conditionally included in a proglibs
> 9           * statement.
> 10          * ********************************************** */
> 11         %macro ifcexist(catname);
> 12           %local catname;
> 13           %if %sysfunc(cexist(&catname)) %then &catname;
> 14         %mend;
> 15
> 16         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
> Server started for the
> 16       ! default service.));
> 17         proc appsrv  unsafe='&";%'''
> 18           &sysparm;
> 19           allocate file sample '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample';
> 20           allocate library samplib '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
> access=readonly;
> 21           allocate library sampdat '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
> access=readonly;
> 22           allocate library tmplib 'C:\Documents and
> Settings\GGould\My Documents\My
> 22       ! SAS Files\V8\IntrNet\default\temp';
> 23           allocate file logfile 'C:\Documents and
> Settings\GGould\My Documents\My SAS
> 23       !  Files\V8\IntrNet\default\logs\%a_%p.log';
> 24           proglibs sample samplib %ifcexist(sashelp.webeis)
> sashelp.webprog;
> 25           proglibs sashelp.websdk1;
> 26           adminlibs sashelp.webadmn;
> 27           datalibs sampdat tmplib;
> 28           log file=logfile;
> 29
> 30         /* ***************************************************
> 31          * Web clients may execute any program in any libref,
> 32          * fileref or libref.catalog listed in a PROGLIBS
> 33          * statement.  Consider security carefully when adding
> 34          * new program libraries.  Operating system security
> 35          * should be used to restrict which users can place
> 36          * programs in these locations.
> 37          *
> 38          * DATALIBS statements lists librefs or filerefs
> 39          * that are defined for all programs executed by this
> 40          * server.  Clients may not execute programs in these
> 41          * librefs or filerefs unless they are also listed in
> 42          * a PROGLIBS statement.  The DATALIBS statement
> 43          * does not accept two-level libref.catalog names.
> 44          * The DATALIBS statement does not restrict programs
> 45          * from assigning additional library or file references.
> 46          *
> 47          * To add program and data libraries to this server
> 48          * insert ALLOCATE, PROGLIBS, DATALIBS statements
> 49          * in a block before the RUN statement.  You may issue
> 50          * multiple PROGLIBS and DATALIBS statements in a
> 51          * single appsrv procedure.  Repeat this syntax as
> 52          * necessary.
> 53          *
> 54          * For example:
> 55          *
> 56          *    allocate library mylib 'path';
> 57          *    allocate file myfile 'path';
> 58          *    allocate library mydata 'path';
> 59          *    proglibs mylib myfile;
> 60          *    datalibs mydata;
> 61          *
> 62          * ************************************************** */
> 63
> 64         run;
>
> WARNING: ADMINLIBS have been specified with no ADMINPW specified
> ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
> ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
> ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
> ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
> ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
> ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
> NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
> NOTE: PROCEDURE APPSRV used:
>       real time           0.11 seconds
>       cpu time            0.03 seconds
>
> 65         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
> Server stopped for the
> 65       ! default service.));
>
> ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
> ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
> ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
>
> NOTE: SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC USA 27513-2414
> NOTE: The SAS System used:
>       real time           0.59 seconds
>       cpu time            0.26 seconds
>
>
>
> Regards -
>
> Gale Gould
> Web Resourcing Consultant
> CCFC - Atlanta
>
0
4/26/2004 3:07:26 AM
From a little birdie:

Gale's problem is that (s)he changed the Apache listen port to 5010 in
httpd.conf (see original post.)  Both Apache and App Server are trying to
listen on port 5010 and one will always lose.  (S)he needs to change Apache
back to the default port 80.

A little birdy:)

HTH,
-don

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Henderson" <donaldjhenderson@HOTMAIL.COM>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l
To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: Application Broker & Application Server


> It appears that you already have something listening on the port you
> specified (from your earlier email I think you said it was 5010).
>
> Have you checked to see if something is already running on that port? For
> example, do you have SAS/Share running? I think many of the SAS samples
have
> you set up the Share server so it listens on port 5010. If so, that would
> explain the conflict.
>
> Regardless, what happens when you try a different port?
>
> HTH,
> -don h.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "GGould" <galegould2000@YAHOO.COM>
> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l
> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 6:34 PM
> Subject: Re: Application Broker & Application Server
>
>
> > The log for your review:
> >
> > NOTE: SAS initialization used:
> >       real time           0.31 seconds
> >       cpu time            0.19 seconds
> >
> > 1          /* **********************************************
> > 2           * This file starts an Application Server for the
> > 3           * default socket service.
> > 4           * ********************************************** */
> > 5
> > 6          /* **********************************************
> > 7           * The ifcexist macro is defined so that catalogs
> > 8           * can be conditionally included in a proglibs
> > 9           * statement.
> > 10          * ********************************************** */
> > 11         %macro ifcexist(catname);
> > 12           %local catname;
> > 13           %if %sysfunc(cexist(&catname)) %then &catname;
> > 14         %mend;
> > 15
> > 16         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
> > Server started for the
> > 16       ! default service.));
> > 17         proc appsrv  unsafe='&";%'''
> > 18           &sysparm;
> > 19           allocate file sample '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample';
> > 20           allocate library samplib '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
> > access=readonly;
> > 21           allocate library sampdat '!SASROOT\intrnet\sample'
> > access=readonly;
> > 22           allocate library tmplib 'C:\Documents and
> > Settings\GGould\My Documents\My
> > 22       ! SAS Files\V8\IntrNet\default\temp';
> > 23           allocate file logfile 'C:\Documents and
> > Settings\GGould\My Documents\My SAS
> > 23       !  Files\V8\IntrNet\default\logs\%a_%p.log';
> > 24           proglibs sample samplib %ifcexist(sashelp.webeis)
> > sashelp.webprog;
> > 25           proglibs sashelp.websdk1;
> > 26           adminlibs sashelp.webadmn;
> > 27           datalibs sampdat tmplib;
> > 28           log file=logfile;
> > 29
> > 30         /* ***************************************************
> > 31          * Web clients may execute any program in any libref,
> > 32          * fileref or libref.catalog listed in a PROGLIBS
> > 33          * statement.  Consider security carefully when adding
> > 34          * new program libraries.  Operating system security
> > 35          * should be used to restrict which users can place
> > 36          * programs in these locations.
> > 37          *
> > 38          * DATALIBS statements lists librefs or filerefs
> > 39          * that are defined for all programs executed by this
> > 40          * server.  Clients may not execute programs in these
> > 41          * librefs or filerefs unless they are also listed in
> > 42          * a PROGLIBS statement.  The DATALIBS statement
> > 43          * does not accept two-level libref.catalog names.
> > 44          * The DATALIBS statement does not restrict programs
> > 45          * from assigning additional library or file references.
> > 46          *
> > 47          * To add program and data libraries to this server
> > 48          * insert ALLOCATE, PROGLIBS, DATALIBS statements
> > 49          * in a block before the RUN statement.  You may issue
> > 50          * multiple PROGLIBS and DATALIBS statements in a
> > 51          * single appsrv procedure.  Repeat this syntax as
> > 52          * necessary.
> > 53          *
> > 54          * For example:
> > 55          *
> > 56          *    allocate library mylib 'path';
> > 57          *    allocate file myfile 'path';
> > 58          *    allocate library mydata 'path';
> > 59          *    proglibs mylib myfile;
> > 60          *    datalibs mydata;
> > 61          *
> > 62          * ************************************************** */
> > 63
> > 64         run;
> >
> > WARNING: ADMINLIBS have been specified with no ADMINPW specified
> > ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
> > ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
> > ERROR: failure creating listen socket.
> > ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
> > ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
> > ERROR: bind call failed, system error is '10048 - WSAEADDRINUSE'.
> > NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
> > NOTE: PROCEDURE APPSRV used:
> >       real time           0.11 seconds
> >       cpu time            0.03 seconds
> >
> > 65         %let rc=%sysfunc(ntlog(INFORMATION,SAS/IntrNet Application
> > Server stopped for the
> > 65       ! default service.));
> >
> > ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
> > ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
> > ERROR: Errors printed on page 1.
> >
> > NOTE: SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC USA 27513-2414
> > NOTE: The SAS System used:
> >       real time           0.59 seconds
> >       cpu time            0.26 seconds
> >
> >
> >
> > Regards -
> >
> > Gale Gould
> > Web Resourcing Consultant
> > CCFC - Atlanta
> >
>
0
4/26/2004 5:55:35 PM
Thank you for your help!  With the groups advice, I have progressed
onward to a different error.  Now I am able to do the following:

I start the Apache service.  I start the SAS default service.  I view
http:\\localhost and see the Apache screen verifying Apache is running
successfully.  When I view http://localhost/cgi-bin/broker.exe? I am
able to view the "SAS/IntrNet Application Dispatcher / Application
Broker Version 8.2 (Build 1391)" page.  However, when I click on
"Application Dispatcher Administration", and ping the SocketService
default I receive the following:
"Error connecting to the Application Server http:\localhost:5001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This request took 2.38 seconds of real time (v8.2 build 1391)."  When
I try to view the Hello World sample, I receive this error: "Error
connecting to the SAS server Can't open a socket connection to the
service called "default". This could happen if the server is not
running; check with the administrator."  In yet, the log seems to show
it is running okay, and I do see the minimized SAS/AppSvr 5001 at the
bottom of the screen.

Here is the log:

NOTE: SAS/IntrNet Application Server Release 8.2 (build 369)
Listen port number: 5001
Programs: 1
Authorization scheme: none
Admin password: disabled
Request read timeout: 30
Request timeout: 300 seconds (maximum 900 seconds)
Session timeout: 900 seconds (maximum 3600 seconds)
Log display: Only requests with errors
Log symbols: Only requests with errors
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:59:21.207 Application server started.
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:00:01.345 0 requests (0 user 0 internal 0 loadmgr)
(0 errors) in the last
hour.
0
5/1/2004 5:04:37 PM
Gale,

I get a slightly different error message when my local Application Server is
not running:

Error connecting to the Application Server localhost:5001

I noticed that in yours it says "http:/localhost:5001" while my error
message says "localhost:5001" so assuming that the difference is not a
transcription error, it could be that you have not defined the server
correctly in your broker.cfg file. It should be:

Server localhost

Note that I was able to replicate your exact error message using:

Server http:\\localhost

You should not use http in your server definition. HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer
Protocol) is how browsers talk to web servers. The broker is a cgi
executable that talks to a SAS Application Server using TCP/IP sockets.

If this is not the problem, perhaps you might want to check your hosts file
to see if there is something strange about localhost. You could also try to
use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in your broker.cfg.

HTH,
-don h

----- Original Message -----
From: "GGould" <galegould2000@YAHOO.COM>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l
To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: Application Broker & Application Server


> Thank you for your help!  With the groups advice, I have progressed
> onward to a different error.  Now I am able to do the following:
>
> I start the Apache service.  I start the SAS default service.  I view
> http:\\localhost and see the Apache screen verifying Apache is running
> successfully.  When I view http://localhost/cgi-bin/broker.exe? I am
> able to view the "SAS/IntrNet Application Dispatcher / Application
> Broker Version 8.2 (Build 1391)" page.  However, when I click on
> "Application Dispatcher Administration", and ping the SocketService
> default I receive the following:
> "Error connecting to the Application Server http:\localhost:5001
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
> This request took 2.38 seconds of real time (v8.2 build 1391)."  When
> I try to view the Hello World sample, I receive this error: "Error
> connecting to the SAS server Can't open a socket connection to the
> service called "default". This could happen if the server is not
> running; check with the administrator."  In yet, the log seems to show
> it is running okay, and I do see the minimized SAS/AppSvr 5001 at the
> bottom of the screen.
>
> Here is the log:
>
> NOTE: SAS/IntrNet Application Server Release 8.2 (build 369)
> Listen port number: 5001
> Programs: 1
> Authorization scheme: none
> Admin password: disabled
> Request read timeout: 30
> Request timeout: 300 seconds (maximum 900 seconds)
> Session timeout: 900 seconds (maximum 3600 seconds)
> Log display: Only requests with errors
> Log symbols: Only requests with errors
> Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:59:21.207 Application server started.
> Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:00:01.345 0 requests (0 user 0 internal 0 loadmgr)
> (0 errors) in the last
> hour.
>
0
5/1/2004 10:57:41 PM
Don --

Yes!  Smart man you are!  Thank you!  That was the issue - I had
entered the http:\\localhost, so changed it in the broker.cfg to just
localhost and I now can get to the "Hello World" screen!  Thank you so
much!!

I do have one other issue I can not seem to isolate the cause for.  I
can work around it, but with your knowledge, you may recognize what I
need to do to resolve it.

When I click on the "Say Hello" box in the sample (or any of them)
located at
"http://localhost/sasweb/IntrNet8/dispatch/webhello.html"

it populates the following URL:

http://localhost/http://localhost/cgi-bin/broker.exe?_SERVICE=default&_PROGRAM=sample.webhello.sas

and I get the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
/http://localhost/cgi-bin/broker.exe on this server.
Apache/1.3.14 Server at localhost Port 80

If I manually remove the first http://localhost/ of the string

then refresh it - it runs fine, and I see the "Hello World" greeting.

Would you happen to know where it automatically pulls the URL from,
and why it puts 2 http://localhost on the path?  I obviously have a
path incorrect somewhere?

Appreciate your expertise and assistance!  I am almost there!  

Regards -
Gale Gould
Web Resourcing Consultant
CCFC - Atlanta
0
5/2/2004 6:11:13 PM
Gale,

Thanks for the kinds words. I think your current problem might be due to
your defining some of the parameters incorrectly during the install of the
cgi tools. The SAS install shield takes those values and customizes the HTML
for the samples.

If the problem is limited to the SAS samples, you could either try to
install them again with the right values. Or you can just edit the HTML that
it did generate.

HTH<
-don h

----- Original Message -----
From: "GGould" <galegould2000@YAHOO.COM>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.sas-l
To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: Application Broker & Application Server


> Don --
>
> Yes!  Smart man you are!  Thank you!  That was the issue - I had
> entered the http:\\localhost, so changed it in the broker.cfg to just
> localhost and I now can get to the "Hello World" screen!  Thank you so
> much!!
>
> I do have one other issue I can not seem to isolate the cause for.  I
> can work around it, but with your knowledge, you may recognize what I
> need to do to resolve it.
>
> When I click on the "Say Hello" box in the sample (or any of them)
> located at
> "http://localhost/sasweb/IntrNet8/dispatch/webhello.html"
>
> it populates the following URL:
>
>
http://localhost/http://localhost/cgi-bin/broker.exe?_SERVICE=default&_PROGRAM=sample.webhello.sas
>
> and I get the following error:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access
> /http://localhost/cgi-bin/broker.exe on this server.
> Apache/1.3.14 Server at localhost Port 80
>
> If I manually remove the first http://localhost/ of the string
>
> then refresh it - it runs fine, and I see the "Hello World" greeting.
>
> Would you happen to know where it automatically pulls the URL from,
> and why it puts 2 http://localhost on the path?  I obviously have a
> path incorrect somewhere?
>
> Appreciate your expertise and assistance!  I am almost there!
>
> Regards -
> Gale Gould
> Web Resourcing Consultant
> CCFC - Atlanta
>
0
5/2/2004 6:46:40 PM
Hi, I am also trying to get SAS Intrnet work...  I have installed Apache, and installed SAS and CGI tools, new IntrNet Service default (port 5001). I checked broker.cfg and all including the server name and port are Ok. 

when I open the page "http://<IP address>/cgi-bin/broker.exe?__service=default&_program=sample.webhello.sas" -> I see the error messages:

Error connecting to the SAS server
Can't open a socket connection to the service called "default". This could happen if the server is not running; check with the administrator. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



May be you can help me as well,IntrNet gurus -- What am I doing wrong?  
Thank you in advance,  
Irene I.
Toronto
0
sal
10/24/2014 2:07:59 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

mvBase Server application & Pervasive SQL application on Same Server
I have a project to put two different applications, in two different databases, onto a single server. I am seeking input from anyone who has attempted a similar project. One application is in mvBase 1.3.02, while the other is in Pervasive SQL. In a secondary situation, we'll have one application in mvBase 1.3.02, and another in SQL Server. Both, or all of these databases seem to grab as much free memory as they can, and not relinquish said memory back to the system resources pool. I will be closely monitoring the system wide parameters and the individual parameters of each application database, even profiling them, with a extremely lightweight, yet thorough monitoring process. Are there any good resource partiioning products out there, that do not introduce a whole bunch of significant overhead on their own, that would limit how much memory eack of these databases has access to? Operating System will be Windows 2000 Server. Appreciate any experienced input, or other general advice or suggestions, from inside, or outside "the box". Thanks! -- Regards, Scott ...

\Applications and ~\Applications
I have a fair number of non-Apple applications installed in Applications �� which means they don't get backed up when I back up Users. Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home folder? (or just in Users?) And what about Applications (Mac OS 9) �� can it be moved to Users also? In <siegman-9F07ED.07405219032005@news.stanford.edu>, AES wrote: > Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home > folder? (or just in Users?) Yes, though if they are in ~/Applications they will not be usable by any other users on that system. The Apple ...

SAS/Intrnet Can we use Application Dispatcher to upload files to Application Server
when using sas intrnet session where application broker is in V8.2 can we upload a file and get it in sas ? i tried to use the following code i got from tech support but its only for V9 is there any other way around ? http://support.sas.com/rnd/web/intrnet/dispatch/webin.html ...

Application Server for 11g applications
Hi to all, i want to use Oracle JDeveloper 11g for a web application and i don't know how to deploy without an application server of the same version (oralce has released only Application Server 10g)... anyone can help me thank you, -- vannyn In message <14439b9f-1d67-44d2-bf9e-fe8b77afdfb4@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, vannyn <ascoltalatuasete@gmail.com> writes >Hi to all, > >i want to use Oracle JDeveloper 11g for a web application and i don't >know how to deploy without an application server of the same version >(oralce has released ...

Running java client/server application in JBoss (Application Server)
Hi, Can anyone help me how to run an client/server java application in a application server like JBoss? (sorry, I don't know what is the correct term for this) The scenario: I have to connect to an ISO8583 server, and the server require me to send login, echo periodically, in other words, the session is maintained (let's call it ISOThread). I would like to have something like message-driven bean, that will receive a request, and send to this ISOThread to process the request. I can not figure it out, where should this ISOThread live ? in which container ? Better explanation: 1. A Clien...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?
~ Let us linux ~ -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

WebSphere Application Server & HTTP Server Question
Is there anyone who could explain step by step what I need to do in order to get the HTTP Server & WebSphere Application Server Express operational and communicating with each other for browser based access via WebFacing thru our intranet. We are not at this time setting up access from the internet, it will be strictly via our intranet wan network. I have gone thru the steps in the IBM instructions and have gotten completely confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! Joe Chapman Chatham Steel Corporation Joe, Take a look at http://www.ignite400.org/html/articles/ART200311020...

client-server applications versus distributed applications
I am confused with client-server applications versus distributed applications. Are they the same? And what's the differences between the two? I try to find more resources on those info. please advise. thanks!! Responding to Matt... > I am confused with client-server applications versus distributed > applications. Are they the same? And what's the differences between the two? Like many terms in the industry they are overloaded. The notion of 'distributed system' can mean two quite different things. It can simply mean a network of computers whose applications can ...

Building Powerful Application- the OSA Application Server
The Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) space has witnessed high velocity growth in the past - a trend that is likely to continue as the quality and reliability of VoIP technology improves and more companies integrate the technology into their infrastructure. Experts have reported rapid growth in all areas of VoIP technology including adoption, investment and revenue. In fact, Frost & Sullivan predicts that VoIP will account for almost 75 percent of global voice services by 2007. For more information visit http://www.hssworld.com ...

Question about Oracle Developer Application and Application Server
Hi All, I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Suite 10g application development and deployment. Could any body here please kindly explain me about these basic question : 1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ? If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for deployment of Form and Report ? 2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole developer suite) Thank you, xtanto Krist wrote: > Hi All, > > I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Su...

application.exe file when it is run it creates a &quot;www.txt&quot; blank file in application folder is it due to some virus ?
hi &nbsp; I have seen some recent changes when an application builder is used &amp; created an application file.. Application.exe... when i run Application.exe file it creates a <a href="http://www.txt" target="_blank">www.txt</a> blank file in Application folder... is it due to some kind of virus OR some kind of error? &nbsp; regards Yogan Yogan, Your link is not openable. Can you attach the correct file? Hi yogan, how should we say without knowing your app?Virusses usually don't show their existance by creating files in user directories:...

Wondering "Sun One Application Server ver 8 == J2EE 1.4 Application Server (J2EE 1.4 SDK)" ?
Wondering Is Sun One Application Server ver 8 same as J2EE 1.4 Application Server (J2EE 1.4 SDK)" ? Is there any difference? Please advise. ...

N-Tier Web Applications, Application Servers and Python
I'm looking to architect a 4-tier or N-tier Python web/CGI app with database connection pooling for high performance. Is there a Python equivalent to Sun's now famous Java PetStore application? (Or something like this link: http://www.developer.com/tech/article.php/606971?) Any Python recommended links/white papers? I've glanced at various Python utilities and frameworks (including Twisted) but what I really need is a fairly complete and robust sample/demo app like Java PetStore. If there is no such Python equivalent then there OUGHT to be. ;-) TIA, D. B. You should review Zope...

Running SAS/AF under SAS 9.x from a dedicated application server using Terminal Services, etc
Hi, We have some old SAS/AF applications still running under version 6.12. (Yuck.) We'd like to move over time to a more modern environment. One thing we're considering is going to SAS 9.x on a dedicated application server using Terminal Services, Citrix or some such (X-Windows?). Over time we'd convert our old AF stuff to SAS/Intrnet or whatever the current recommended tool is. My question is: To get rid of SAS 6.12 in the interim, would it be possible to run SAS/AF applications in such an environment? If so, are there any difficulties we should look out for? Thanks, -bwg ...

Migrating Java Applications to Sun Java System Application Server
A webinar titled "Migrating Java Applications to the Sun Java System Application Server" is now available at https://sun.webex.com/sun/onstage/onstage/framesets/viewrecording1.php?EventID=346725778. In the webinar, you'll learn about the requirements, methodology, tools, and different scenarios for migrating existing applications from previous versions of Sun Java System Application Server, and from other popular application servers, to the current version of Sun Java System Application Server (8.2). If you have questions after viewing the webinar, you'll be able to...

Migrating Java Applications to Sun Java System Application Server
A webinar titled "Migrating Java Applications to the Sun Java System Application Server" is now available at https://sun.webex.com/sun/onstage/onstage/framesets/viewrecording1.php?EventID=346725778. In the webinar, you'll learn about the requirements, methodology, tools, and different scenarios for migrating existing applications from previous versions of Sun Java System Application Server, and from other popular application servers, to the current version of Sun Java System Application Server (8.2). If you have questions after viewing the webinar, you'll be able to...

[rfc-dist] RFC 6207 on The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 6207 Title: The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml, application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, and application/sru+xml Author: R. Denenberg, Ed. Status: Informational Stream: IETF Date: April 2011 Mailbox: rden@loc.gov Pages: 11 Characters: 18090 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-denenberg-m...

Defect Tracking Tool
I've been looking for a defect tracking tool and i can see two main categories - web application softwares (like Trackem from pikoni.com or elementool from elementool.com) and client/server application. Since our company works only with Windows platforms i don't find the web application that important. Any ideas what is a better environment? what are the benefits? Thanks, Ben. ...

Application Server (Http server)
Hello, i have just installed oracle application server (only the web server) in my computer. i have two links in "Start->All programs->Oracle - webserver" : --- Launch Console --- Oracle Application Server Control the "Launch Console" is working ,its openning my http://hostname:80 but my "Oracle Application Server Control" IS NOT WORKING . why? i have not done any setting? how does it support to work ? My configurations : windows server 2003 oracle 10g 10.2.0.0 Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.1 Thank you noumian wrote: > Hello, i ...

Deploying J2EE Applications or Modules on Java System Application Server PE 8
Learn the five ways in which to deploy J2EE applications or modules to Application Server PE 8, from command-line interface to Administration Console to automatic deployment. This article also explains how dynamic reloading functions in Application Server PE 8. Read about it here: http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/deployment.html?ssobm=ng ...

Deploying J2EE Applications or Modules on Java System Application Server PE 8
Learn the five ways in which to deploy J2EE applications or modules to Application Server PE 8, from command-line interface to Administration Console to automatic deployment. This article also explains how dynamic reloading functions in Application Server PE 8. Read about it here: http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/deployment.html?ssobm=ng ...

Database Design & Application Server Design
All, New to the list and a relative newbie to PostgreSQL. Please forgive stupid questions. Designing an application server for a work order processing (et al) database. I have a good handle on sequences, referencial integrity, views, & the basics. What books/documentation would you recommend to learn more about... - database design for security - database design for performance - database design for ease of maintenance - triggers and functions Also, the application will require some complex forms, and printing graphical reports (currently served from an Access 20...

C server & Java Application client question
Hello: I am in the process of writing a client server application for a demo. I've done a little C and Java client server programming before but I have a problem and need some help. 50k foot view: My Java client writes strings to and reads strings from my C server running on a remote FreeBSD server over a TCP connection. C based server tests ok when using a telnet client for client side input. Java client works ok when speaking to the telnet server that shipped with a production server. My Java client does not speak to my C server. The Java client times out when connecting to t...

SAS webAF Server-side Application Development Certification
Hi, Can anybody suggest me as how to prepare for SAS webAF Server-side Application Development Certification. I have not worked on SAS/AF before. I would be thankful to you if you can suggest me good books, online material. Thanks a lot, Sudharshan ...

Web resources about - Application Broker & Application Server - comp.soft-sys.sas

Application - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with "trash" applicants ...

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with &quot;trash&quot; ...

Patent application shows how Apple Watch could measure ambient sound to adjust volume of iPhone alerts ...
iPhones could in future automatically sound louder or quieter notification alerts depending on the level of background noise. A patent application ...

NASA just smashed its record for astronaut applications—18,000+
... excitement about the future of NASA, with the space shuttle soon to debut, was palpable. So when the space agency called for astronaut applications, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Drive Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 8.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Refinances pushes mortgage applications 8.2% higher
The lower interest rates plunge boosted refinance volume to its highest level in over a year.

European Central Bank Exploring Blockchain Tech Applications
In a new report, the European Central Bank (ECB) has said it is investigating blockchain use within its securities and payments settlement systems. ...

Announcing Blockstack: Decentralized DNS and Identity for Blockchain Applications
The blockchain holds great promise for developing decentralized protocols and applications such as marketplaces (e.g., openbazaar ), registries ...

ARM unveils Cortex-A32 processor for embedded and IoT applications
ARM has announced the Cortex-A32 processor IP designed for 32-bit embedded and IoT applications.

Resources last updated: 2/27/2016 11:29:35 AM