Changing default view for Explorer window in SAS 9.2

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
select 'Use treet view' and change to List view.  Does anyone know how
I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
exit SAS?

Many thanks.
0
Reply KLR 7/1/2010 3:14:21 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Jul 1, 8:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
0
Reply Ya 7/1/2010 4:31:58 PM

"Ya" <huang8012@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
issue WSAVE ALL

0
Reply Lou 7/2/2010 12:04:35 AM

On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > exit SAS?
>
> > Many thanks.
>
> Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> your setting next time
> you start SAS.
>
> HTH
>
> Ya
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
> issue WSAVE ALL

Thanks guys - neither solution works.  It just resets itself back to
default settings each time I open a new session.  Can I add something
to my autoexec to get round it?

Kim
0
Reply KLR 7/9/2010 10:14:23 AM

If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
WORK.PROFILE.

Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
option and I can make changes.

On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > > exit SAS?
>
> > > Many thanks.
>
> > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > your setting next time
> > you start SAS.
>
> > HTH
>
> > Ya
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar =
and
> > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> Kim

0
Reply Tom 7/9/2010 9:18:38 PM

On 9 July, 22:18, Tom Abernathy <tom.aberna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
> a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
> Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
> WORK.PROFILE.
>
> Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
> that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
> If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
> option and I can make changes.
>
> On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> > On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > > your setting next time
> > > you start SAS.
>
> > > HTH
>
> > > Ya
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command ba=
r and
> > > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> > Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> > default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> > to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> > Kim- Hide quoted text -

Great, I will have a play around with this option !!
0
Reply KLR 7/12/2010 11:17:19 AM

On Jul 1, 11:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?

You might find this helpful; "SAS=AE Explorer: Use and Customization" at
http://www.devenezia.com/papers/nesug-2005/AP006.pdf

--
Richard A. DeVenezia
0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Re: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1 #2
Thanks for you thoughts. There a number reasons why one would want to perform libnames in your program. For example, in our systems, result tables are stored in a library that has the date as part of the directory name. For a given run, the system needs to get the run date first, and then figure out the appropriate library to use. My programs use a number of libraries, One that points to Oracle, one that points to the results directory described above that is used to store non permanent results that are passed from one program to another, a libname statement that points at the macro library,...

installed 9.3, uninstalled 9.2 --> now batch submit (all sas related) is missing from windows explorer (right mouse()
I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2. once finished, open windows explorer, found *.sas file, right-click on mouse to bring up window, NO BATCH SUBMIT! am unable to find info to get batch submit back. tried the utilites/file management tool -- unable to make changes there due to some registry problem thanks in advance shan On Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:23:37 AM UTC+5:30, Shan Putnam wrote: > I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2...

SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1
Has anyone noticed in SAS 9.1 that every time a libname statement is executed, the explorer window changes to that library? I find this extremely annoying. If I point the explorer window to somewhere, I expect it to stay there until I change it. Does anyone know how to stop this? On my PC, running SAS V9.1 and WinXpPro, the SAS Explorer automatically displays the library only if the libref already exists when the LIBNAME statement is executed. You may want to consider writing a macro which uses the LIBREF function to check if the libref has already been assigned before executing another LIB...

Re: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1
> From: Buchanan, Gordon [mailto:gordon.buchanan@GMACRFC.COM] > Has anyone noticed in SAS 9.1 that every time a libname > statement is executed, the explorer window changes to that library? > > I find this extremely annoying. If I point the explorer > window to somewhere, I expect it to stay there until I change > it. Does anyone know how to stop this? uh, Why are you changing libnames so often? libnames -- and filenames -- ought to be allocated in one's autoexec and be done with the preparation for a session. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.g...

Re: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1 #3
On my PC, running SAS V9.1 and WinXpPro, the SAS Explorer automatically displays the library only if the libref already exists when the LIBNAME statement is executed. You may want to consider writing a macro which uses the LIBREF function to check if the libref has already been assigned before executing another LIBNAME statement. RandyHerbison@westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Buchanan, Gordon Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:54 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1 Has a...

SAS Legend window in SAS 9.2
I have long experience in using SAS for Open VMS, where only batch mode was the option. Recently I have started to use SAS for windows. All the time, In SAS manual for SAS Graph I have seen optins to set some parameters in specific window, for example Axes or Legend. But now, having SAS9.2, I have realised, that such an option is not there. Could someone explain me this situation. On Dec 2, 5:33=A0am, Felix <fstalmat...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have long experience in using SAS for Open VMS, where only batch > mode was the option. Recently I have started to use SAS for win...

Re: SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7 #2
that sounds complicated... On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Joe Matise <snoopy369@gmail.com> wrote: > Yep, though I think I had to install some part of it in XP compat mode. > > -Joe > > > On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM, OR Stats <stats112@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hello: >> >> Does anyone know if SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7 Professional? >> >> Thank you! >> > > ...

Re: Summary of the differences of Base SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2 #2
Dear SAS-L-ers, Jerry posted the following: > Anyone have the release notes (or a summary of it?) On what the major > differences to expect from Base SAS 9.1.3 and 9.2? > > From what I heard, there aren't that many differences besides a new > installer that helps with upgrades. Jerry, yea; I've got them right here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/index.html With a simple click of the old mouse, you can check out the differences bet= ween (8.2) and (9.0, 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3) or between the aforementioned and S= AS 9.2. I've gotta warn you the...

Re: How to trun off the RESULT window in SAS 9.2 #2
Akshaya, Thanks! If i remember correctly, with ODS noresults, we should be able to disable the result window without changing anything. Corret me if i am wrong. Thanks! Yu On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Akshaya Nathilvar < akshaya.nathilvar@gmail.com> wrote: > > Go to Tools => Options => Preferences. On the Results tab, uncheck the > option, "View results as they are generated". > AkshayA! > > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Yu Zhang <zhangyu05@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hi, All, >> >> we have a production code written in S...

Re: SAS 9.2 for Windows x64, first impressions #2
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:10:37 -0800 (PST), MacAddict wrote: >On Jul 31, 7:49�pm, Jay Weedon wrote: >> Haven't had a chance to run any serious benchmarks comparing it with >> the 32-bit code, but I was dismayed to find that neither the libname >> interface nor the import wizard will allow reading of Microsoft >> (Excel, Access) datasets more recent than about 1997. Apparently MS >> has no plans to write 64-bitcode for the "Jet" platform on which >> they're written, so those features could stay broken for a while yet. >> There are p...

Re: Question about default window sizes on SAS v8 for Windows #2
As Randy pointed out, the -rsasuser option makes the SAS profile readonly, ie. changes are not stored. What you can do, when no other SAS sessions are open, is start a SAS session WITHOUT specifying -rsasuser, make all your changes to window sizes locations, toolbar settings, whatever, ensure Tools / Options / Preferences / Save settings on exit is checked and then close SAS down. For ongoing, "real", use, continue use the -rsasuser option which allows multiple sessions to use the same user profile ( ie. with your preferred window sizes/locations etc... ). -----Original Message--...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2 #2
Jerry: your comment about JBoss indicates you're doing a server install you want to choose: Select Deployment Type ( ) ... (*) Install Additional Software http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide check only these two Products (*) SAS Enterprise Guide ( ) SAS Formats library for Teradata (*) SAS Foundation Ron > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Jerry Davis > Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:12 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Please share: Updated PC S...

Default Windows Explorer view
Hi all, Is there any switch or registry entry setting (or anything) where by I can start Windows Explorer by default to list the file Details (i.e. in View-Details mode), without turning the "Remember each folders view settings" option on? I am using Windows 2000. Thanks for your time. Regards, Bliss ...

Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2
I am following Ronald Fehd's thread=2C but am also very interested in findi= ng out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC SAS 9.2 phase= 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend it? Also=2C can s= omeone clarify what is considered metadata in the context of this migration= ? Thanks! D.T. _________________________________________________________________ Windows Live=99: Keep your life in sync. http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_BR_life_in_synch_052009= ...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2
D T wrote: > I am following Ronald Fehd's thread, but am also very interested >in finding out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC >SAS 9.2 phase 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend >it? Also, can someone clarify what is considered metadata in the >context >of this migration? I downloaded phase 2 a couple days ago and today I decided to install it on a test machine. It did not go smoothly. At one point I did have SAS working and could run programs, but the install process was very perplexing. Here are some observations. 9.2 ph...

SAS 9.2 backward compatible with SAS 9.13 ?
Hi Guys, Just heard from one of our data vendors that SAS 9.2 isn't going to be backward compatible with SAS 9.13. This seemed bizarre to me -- they essentially meant that a dataset processed in 9.2 cannot be opened in SAS 9.13. Just wanted to run it through you guys and know what your views are. Thanks, Ravi On Jan 8, 2:39=A0pm, freshforlife <ravi.tan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Just heard from one of our data vendors that SAS 9.2 isn't going to be > backward compatible with SAS 9.13. This seemed bizarre to me -- they > essentially meant that a dataset...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2 #3
Thank you=2C Jerry! I appreciate your feedback! D.T. > Date: Thu=2C 14 May 2009 16:12:22 -0400 > From: jwd@UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: [SAS-L] Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phas= e 2 > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >=20 > D T wrote: >=20 > > I am following Ronald Fehd's thread=2C but am also very interested > >in finding out if anyone else has experiences with updating single PC > >SAS 9.2 phase 1 to phase 2? Did you have problems? Would you recommend > >it? Also=2C can someone clarify what is considered metadata in the...

Windows 7 and SAS 9.2
I installed Windows 7 in a Gateway Tablet PC. The Window 7 RC was downloaded on Saturday, so is pretty contemporary. 1) The Windows 7 install was easy. I did not upgrade but went for the new install option. 2) The cleanup has taken some time. 3) Install of 9.2: a) System requirements check revealed problem with Microsoft Runtime Components 8.0 SP1. b) A quick Google revealed that this seems to be a SAS problem. No one else reports this nasty problem. c) After third try, decided to blast thru the query. After "Problem installing MRC 8.0", you get a query: Install rem...

SAS 9.2 on windows 7
Dear all, Hi, windows 7 has been officially released now and I was hoping if more people who had a chance to run SAS 9.2 on windows 7 could share their experience? Earlier I heard that SAS 9.2 does not supported windows 7 yet and I was wondering if there are any recent updates/service packs that one can download for windows ? thank you so much, claus I'm using it on my Win7 system. It works fine except for the integration with windows explorer (file associations and such). That is, if I right-click on a SAS file and choose open with SAS 9.2, I get an error message "Insufficient au...

dialog_pickfile: changing default view in windows
Is there a was to change the view that dialog_pickfile displays in Windows? By default, is opens in "list" view; file names only. I want it to open in "Details" view: showing filename, size, modification date .... ...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #2
That is correct -- Phase 2 updates the "Foundation" products (Base SAS, SAS= /GRAPH, etc.), and also I believe is the first release for BI and some othe= r server-based products like that. (We don't license these, so I haven't lo= oked into this in detail.) My understanding is also that the "foundation" p= roducts must be completely reinstalled going from Phase 1 to Phase 2. If your bug is in the Problem Notes, you might be able to check there to se= e whether it is corrected in Phase 2. Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: D T [mail...

Re: SAS/Graph 9.13 vs. 9.2 #2
hi ... the same thing happened to me with the shift from V8 to V9 various items that were placed on output at specific locations in V8 were not at the the same locations in V9 it was a real pain given that some programs were used to produce many (did I say many !!!) charts if I remember correctly (more and more of a problem as time goes on) some of the 'movement' had to do with changes in defaults for devices (for example, margins) if an OFFSET command is being used to place a LEGEND and the units of the OFFSET are some absolute value like CM rather than a percent, maybe it's a...

Re: SAS 9.2 backward compatible with SAS 9.13 ?
--- On Thu, 1/8/09, freshforlife <ravi.taneja@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > From: freshforlife <ravi.taneja@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: SAS 9.2 backward compatible with SAS 9.13 ? > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Date: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 12:39 PM > Hi Guys, > > Just heard from one of our data vendors that SAS 9.2 > isn't going to be > backward compatible with SAS 9.13. This seemed bizarre to > me -- they > essentially meant that a dataset processed in 9.2 cannot be > opened in > SAS 9.13. > > Just wanted to run it through you guys and know wh...

Re: %Squeeze Change 9.1.3 to 9.2 #2
Dear SAS-L-ers, Myra posted the following: > > I found this macro a number of years ago, and use it all the time to > reduce file sizes. I'm not sure if this is where I got it, but you can > see it here: http://www.nesug.org/Proceedings/nesug06/io/io18.pdf > > I only started using SAS 9.2 in the last few months. When I run the > macro in 9.2, I get an error message I never got before: > > WARNING: Multiple lengths were specified for the variable V1 by input > data set(s). This may cause truncation of data. > > I believe this message comes after this da...