Changing default view for Explorer window in SAS 9.2

At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
select 'Use treet view' and change to List view.  Does anyone know how
I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
exit SAS?

Many thanks.
0
KLR

On Jul 1, 8:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
0
Ya
7/1/2010 4:31:58 PM
"Ya" <huang8012@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
issue WSAVE ALL

0
Lou
7/2/2010 12:04:35 AM
On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > exit SAS?
>
> > Many thanks.
>
> Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> your setting next time
> you start SAS.
>
> HTH
>
> Ya
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
> issue WSAVE ALL

Thanks guys - neither solution works.  It just resets itself back to
default settings each time I open a new session.  Can I add something
to my autoexec to get round it?

Kim
0
KLR
7/9/2010 10:14:23 AM
If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
WORK.PROFILE.

Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
option and I can make changes.

On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > > exit SAS?
>
> > > Many thanks.
>
> > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > your setting next time
> > you start SAS.
>
> > HTH
>
> > Ya
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar =
and
> > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> Kim

0
Tom
7/9/2010 9:18:38 PM
On 9 July, 22:18, Tom Abernathy <tom.aberna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
> a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
> Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
> WORK.PROFILE.
>
> Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
> that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
> If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
> option and I can make changes.
>
> On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> > On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > > your setting next time
> > > you start SAS.
>
> > > HTH
>
> > > Ya
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command ba=
r and
> > > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> > Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> > default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> > to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> > Kim- Hide quoted text -

Great, I will have a play around with this option !!
0
KLR
7/12/2010 11:17:19 AM
On Jul 1, 11:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?

You might find this helpful; "SAS=AE Explorer: Use and Customization" at
http://www.devenezia.com/papers/nesug-2005/AP006.pdf

--
Richard A. DeVenezia
0