Changing default view for Explorer window in SAS 9.2

At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
select 'Use treet view' and change to List view.  Does anyone know how
I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
exit SAS?

Many thanks.
0
KLR
7/1/2010 3:14:21 PM
comp.soft-sys.sas 136769 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
1706 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57
On Jul 1, 8:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
0
Ya
7/1/2010 4:31:58 PM
"Ya" <huang8012@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:6aa5facd-bf8f-4961-97cd-f8ea131f9328@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
issue WSAVE ALL



0
Lou
7/2/2010 12:04:35 AM
On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:6aa5facd-bf8f-4961-97cd-f8ea131f9328@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > exit SAS?
>
> > Many thanks.
>
> Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> your setting next time
> you start SAS.
>
> HTH
>
> Ya
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
> issue WSAVE ALL

Thanks guys - neither solution works.  It just resets itself back to
default settings each time I open a new session.  Can I add something
to my autoexec to get round it?

Kim
0
KLR
7/9/2010 10:14:23 AM
If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
WORK.PROFILE.

Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
option and I can make changes.


On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:6aa5facd-bf8f-4961-97cd-f8ea131f9328@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> > On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > > exit SAS?
>
> > > Many thanks.
>
> > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > your setting next time
> > you start SAS.
>
> > HTH
>
> > Ya
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar =
and
> > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> Kim

0
Tom
7/9/2010 9:18:38 PM
On 9 July, 22:18, Tom Abernathy <tom.aberna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
> a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
> Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
> WORK.PROFILE.
>
> Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
> that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
> If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
> option and I can make changes.
>
> On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > >news:6aa5facd-bf8f-4961-97cd-f8ea131f9328@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com.=
...
> > > On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > > > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > > > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know h=
ow
> > > > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > > > exit SAS?
>
> > > > Many thanks.
>
> > > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > > your setting next time
> > > you start SAS.
>
> > > HTH
>
> > > Ya
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command ba=
r and
> > > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> > Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> > default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> > to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> > Kim- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Great, I will have a play around with this option !!
0
KLR
7/12/2010 11:17:19 AM
On Jul 1, 11:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?

You might find this helpful; "SAS=AE Explorer: Use and Customization" at
http://www.devenezia.com/papers/nesug-2005/AP006.pdf

--
Richard A. DeVenezia
0
Richard
7/12/2010 2:09:01 PM
Reply:
Similar artilces about - Changing default view for Explorer window in SAS 9.2:

Space reclamation- removing OS 9 & BSD stuff
I need to reclaim some hard drive space, having only a 4GB drive and with 10.3.2 and XCode (so that I can build some X11 applications from source) I only have 160 MB of space left!. I've run DeLocalizer to remove the unnecessary language files. As I'm looking for stuff to clear off, I see a lot of stuff that I think I can dump without putting myself at a disadvantage - but I thought I'd double check first, having recently managed to render 10.1.5 unbootable. :-O In /usr/bin, can I safely dump the smb* (Samba) files, since I'll never be networked to a Windows computer? How ...

When is eComstation 2.0 going Gold?
I am very interested in buying the final 2.0 product, academic version, as I am a teacher in Palm Beach County Public Schools. I have every version of OS/2 dating back to 1.3 up to CP 4.52. I always us IBM hardware, currently a NetVista 6579 with a 40 gig hard drive that I would like to install eComstation 2.0 on when it becomes available. Does anyone have an ETA on when this product will be available for purchase? Thank you ...

[ace-users] Re: pSoS and Windows question
Hi Pawan, > i m workin on a project for my Curriculum requirements. I m > presently porting an application from pSOS to windows. I m facing > problems with the create functions of semaphores,mutex etc in the > sense that windows use thread handles while pSOS uses thread IDs.so > now i want to put a windows equivalent code in the same pSOS > function without changing it's prototype. I recommend you take a look at ACE <www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html>, which allows you to write platform-independent software. Take care, Doug ...

Windows 7 is an accident waiting to happen!
What a joke Windows 7 is turning out to be. This could be the last OS Microsoft ever dare to make ? begin{quote} With the recent news that Microsoft will not release a second beta but will instead move Windows 7 directly into release candidate stage, several Windows testers have become a tad bit disgruntled. They claim that due to a lack of test builds, they cannot properly test Windows 7 to see if the bugs they submitted have been fixed. end{quote} http://osnews.com/story/21009/Lack_of_Test_Releases_Disgruntles_Windows_Testers If you need a 'new look' for that old tired, ancient Wi...

Default function parameter
Hi, Is there a way to provide a default for a function parameter. i tried function func (type, message, obj = "message") but it doesn't seem to work. It seems a bit ugly to make an if/else statement right at the begining of a function, just to imitate this behavior. B�rni wrote: > Is there a way to provide a default for a function parameter. > i tried > function func (type, message, obj = "message") > but it doesn't seem to work. I usually use this way to make default parameters: function func (type, message, obj) { obj = (typeof obj == "undefin...

air travel deal 2 #4
Find air travel deal 2 to be <a href="http://air-travel-deal-2.6x.to.6x.to" target=_blank>air travel deal 2</a>! <http://air-travel-deal-2.6x.to.6x.to> ...

CFP: SAS'06 (Seoul, Aug 06)
***************************************************************************** First Call For Papers The 13th International Static Analysis Symposium (SAS'06) Seoul, Korea 29-31 August 2006 http://ropas.snu.ac.kr/sas06 ***************************************************************************** IMPORTANT DATES Submission: 7 April 2006 Notification: 26 May 2006 Camera-ready: 10 June 2006 SUMMARY Static Analysis is increasingly recognized as a fundamental tool for prog...

=?ISO-2022-JP?B?RWxlY3Ryb25pY3MgVHJhZGUsd2hvbGVzYWxlGyRCISIbKEJBZ2VudC5BbGwgYnJhbmQgbGFwdG9w?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?cyxEaWdpdGFsIENhbWVyYSxtb2JpbGUgcGhvbmUsUGxheXN0YXRpb24sTVA0LE1QMyxNSzQuTG93IFByaQ= #2
Dear my friend It is our pleasure to meet you here.More info,more Price.pls Contact our company MSE/Email:Wholesale-electronics@Live.cn We wholesale all laptops HP notebook HP6710b GL061PA $549 HPCS1332 $499 HP8710W $1,499 Dell Notebook Price Dell Inspiron $599 Dell Inspiron $659 Sony Notebook VGN-UX490NC $1199 VGN-TZ285N/RC $1399 VGN SZ780 - Customizable $759 VGN SZ740 - Customizable $659 Apple MAC Notebook Apple MAC BOOK 13-inch:White 2.1GHZ $759 Apple D MAC BOOK Pro 15-inch:2.5GHZ $1499 Apple MAC BOOK Pro 17-inch:2.5GHZ $1699 We whol...

Re: Question regarding about SAS functions
Libing, It was just discussed recently. Take a look through the entire thread: http://xrl.us/vqrh Art -------- On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:05:14 -0700, Libing8c@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi all, > >I have one variable like "Comments" which has very long value. I would >like to separate into two variables. "Comment1" and "Comment2" I used >Comment1=Substr(Comment, 1,100) Comment2=(Comment, 101, 250). After I >run the program, I realized some value has been cut off in the >middle, like one word has been divided into two part. Is there any way >I can...

Changing the initial layout
Hi All, Trying to build my first Cocoa project, I'm having lot's of fun, but there is this thing I can't figure out. I'm building a game, on the right I have an openGL thing and on the left I have Tabpages. Now I've created 4 different Tab's no problems there. The problem is that now allways all tabs are applicable, when the application just started, I just want to show 2 of them. So I've to do something like: [menuBar->AdvancedTab retain]; [menuBar removeTabViewItem: menuBar->AdvancedTab]; But the thing is I've no clue where to put ...

US-TX-Austin: Engineering Assoc. 2, 2+yrs exp, BSEE, SCADA, TX DL; 6M (45345157607)
US-TX-Austin: Engineering Assoc. 2, 2+yrs exp, BSEE, SCADA, TX DL; 6M (45345157607) =================================================================================== Position: Engineering Assoc. 2 Reference: SMC02004 Location: Austin TX Duration: 6M Skills: 1-2 year of overall exp. Must posses a BA in Electrical Engineering or related field. Experience in electric utility relay protection, SCADA, fault recording and metering is desireable. Ability to effectively use spreadsheets, databases and other ...

Simplify case {0,1,2,...50}
Hi all, I want to use switch, but some branchs are very long like: switch input case {0,1,2,...50} How to simplify it to something like case [0:50]? Thanks! Davy hi: follow <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/deal.html> or try aaa= {1 2 3 4 5 6}; bbb=[aaa{:}] hope it helps Hi Soho, I don't think you can do that. In this case using if statement should be better. So maybe you can do first all your cases which aren't long and if in the otherwise e.g : switch input case 51 %do sth .... otherwise if ismember(input,[0:50]) %do sth else... end HTH,...

Changing the Change File Feature.
Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a similarly-named file in another directory? Thanks. It does not get changed automatically. Just Click NO! -- Hope this helps. Let us know. Wes MS-MVP Windows Shell/User In news:bPVue.8700$NX4.8680@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Neil <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked: > Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a > shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a > simila...

Re: change value #3
Here's the (I think) analogous sql: proc sql ; update test set age = 20 where age = 200 ; quit ; -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of data _null_; Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: change value Here is a way, that works based on the information you have provided. Let's see if any one it paying attention :-) data work.test; input age sex:$1. @@; cards; 21 M 23 F 200 M ;;;; run; proc editor data=work.test; find 1,last age=200; list...

Re: OT: Calif Vote #9
Roy writes: > >However, on that same subject, the Governorship of California, John > Heilemann > >writes in the newest issue of Business 2.0 that he believes that Carly > >Fiorina is actually preparing to run for Governor of California > >herself, > > That's ominous... > > Carleton S Fiorina spells 'No rest, California' It also spells: "Rest on California" where "rest" might be interpreted as "retirement." But that of course is just reading the tea leaves sideways. Wirt Atmar *...

[News] New Applications Run Windows Wares in GNU/Linux More Smoothly
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 PlayOnLinux 3.7 has been released ,----[ Quote ] | PlayOnLinux 3.7, the latest version of | PlayOnLinux is now available. `---- http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/playonlinux/playonlinux-37-has-been-released.html Wine Cedega Crossover and PlayonLinux ,----[ Quote ] | WINE is the reimplementation of the windows | API for Linux/Unix operating systems. WINE | allows you to run some applications on | Linux that does not have Linux support or | installers ie: Office 2007, World of | Warcraft and many others. This is not a | how-to but...

Printing to a device other than the default
Thanks in advance ! I have an application in which I have need to PRINT and FAX from BUT I do NOT want to change the default printer setting to avoid the following scenario: Ae user opts to FAX a document... does so, and then goes out to WORD, types up a document, goes to PRINT it... and instead of printing it gets FAXED ! I want to avoid this by NOT having to manipulate the Default Printer for every possible scenario... Does anyone know the best way to approach this ??? Given that I have captured the printer name I want to use, is there anyway I can achieve this ? I have already tried u...

Calling fortran from matlab #2
Friends, I am using the 'dos' function to couple an optimization matlab program and an executable fortran model. My computer is brand new. However, when I run the program, the executable program is not recognized by the system (giving an error message 'model is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file'). The same matlab-fortran combination on the other hand runs fine in another computer. Is there any system component that the matlab needs to be installed in the new computer so that the executable would run fine? Thanks, Asam...

ComboBox change
I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? "Jules" <news@burnsville.freeserveXXX.co.uk> wrote: > >I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with >the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? > > Jules, I believe you want to set the Style property to "0 - Dropdown Combo". This allows the user to pick an item from the list or type into the combo box. Regards, Eric Sorry, my mistake, I m...

Re: Regarding Application Developement with SAS #6 689651
I use it on almost every service engagement. Very few end-users who want to consume SAS data would ever agree to have SAS installed. They want a nice, small app with a pretty face, that displays SAS data to them. There are a few things to consider however: 1. The lack of a SELECT clause is bad. I really wish SAS would change that. 2. Formatted values come across as raw by default 3. To get the formatted values as a formatted value, it comes across as a string. 4. You can't write to a SAS dataset Alan Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian....

update monitor switches using API does not work in version 9.5
Hi, I have an application that is written in C lang. it updates the monitor switches using the sqlmon(SQLM_DBMON_VERSION8, NULL, states, &sqlca); command it works fine for versions 8.1 - 9.1 but in version 9.5 for some reason it is not working properly did anyone came across this issue? I also tried to replace the function with: db2MonitorSwitches(db2Version810, &switchesData, &sqlca); but again v8.1=9.1 works and 9.5 is not thanks, Modi ...

Windows Internet Options, Security
AnswerAuctions: Below is a question with answers about posted for Auction at http://www.answerauctions.com. Anyone interested in Answer Auctions is welcome to visit us to the above url. It's free and fun. Ending: 1/19/2005 2:08:05 AM EDT Posted By: EvolBob Value: 500 Status: open Subject: Windows Internet Options, Security Question: Hi all. Part 1: When I try to change my Security setting by moving the slide control to a lower position, I get a warning that basically recommends I keep the Medium setting I'm already on. Thats fine, except when I click OK the slider automatic...

change of career?
Hi, I currently work as a software engineer on quite complex signal processing code which really does stretch the old grey matter. I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it and would like to pursue a career in something a bit less technically challenging. Does anyone have any thoughts about what would be a good move into? I'd like to say what motivates me.... but i'm not too sure. Thanks, James. Home Depot. You can do it. We can help. LOL <blokedownpub@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1168290930.424513.48240@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I currently work...

global variables #2
Hello, All! I wonder are there any rules which one should to adhere to avoid of use global variables (considering C language). On the other hand, I met plenty of popular open-source software having plethora of global variables, doesn't it indicate bad coding style/manner? With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru Roman Mashak wrote: > > Hello, All! > > I wonder are there any rules which one should > to adhere to avoid of use > global variables (considering C language). > On the other hand, I met plenty > of popular open-source software having...

div as link not working in explorer
hi to all! the site i'm working on ( http://www.gdp-portfolio.net/as/ ) is html 4.1 strict valid. needless to say, it has some incompatibility problem with explorer (testing with IE 6.0). The menu works great with firefox going from one page to the other. the code is: <a href = "#"><button><div id = "Bmenu2" onClick = "document.location = 'index.php?p=Chi'" onMouseOut = "javascript: menu.nascondi(2);"></ div></button></a> and it doesn't work in IE. i've altro tried: - "onClick&q...