Changing default view for Explorer window in SAS 9.2

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
select 'Use treet view' and change to List view.  Does anyone know how
I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
exit SAS?

Many thanks.
0
Reply KLR 7/1/2010 3:14:21 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Jul 1, 8:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
0
Reply Ya 7/1/2010 4:31:58 PM

"Ya" <huang8012@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?
>
> Many thanks.

Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
your setting next time
you start SAS.

HTH

Ya
If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
issue WSAVE ALL

0
Reply Lou 7/2/2010 12:04:35 AM

On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > exit SAS?
>
> > Many thanks.
>
> Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> your setting next time
> you start SAS.
>
> HTH
>
> Ya
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar and
> issue WSAVE ALL

Thanks guys - neither solution works.  It just resets itself back to
default settings each time I open a new session.  Can I add something
to my autoexec to get round it?

Kim
0
Reply KLR 7/9/2010 10:14:23 AM

If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
WORK.PROFILE.

Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
option and I can make changes.

On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jul 1, 8:14 am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > > At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> > > select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. Does anyone know how
> > > I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> > > exit SAS?
>
> > > Many thanks.
>
> > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > your setting next time
> > you start SAS.
>
> > HTH
>
> > Ya
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command bar =
and
> > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> Kim

0
Reply Tom 7/9/2010 9:18:38 PM

On 9 July, 22:18, Tom Abernathy <tom.aberna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you only have read access to your SASUSER library then SAS will use
> a profile in the WORK directory and so your changes will get lost.
> Check to top of you SAS log to see if SAS said that it was using
> WORK.PROFILE.
>
> Personally I have the -RSASUSER option in my SAS configuration file so
> that my multiple sessions all get READ access to my normal profile.
> If I want to make a change to it the I start SAS with the -NORSASUSER
> option and I can make changes.
>
> On Jul 9, 6:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> > On 2 July, 01:04, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Ya" <huang8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Go to menu: Tools -> Options -> Preferences... -> General
> > > Do you see "Save settings on exit" checked? If so, it should remember
> > > your setting next time
> > > you start SAS.
>
> > > HTH
>
> > > Ya
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > If Ya's suggestion doesn't work, you could try arranging your session
> > > windows the way you'd like, then go to the command line or command ba=
r and
> > > issue WSAVE ALL
>
> > Thanks guys - neither solution works. =A0It just resets itself back to
> > default settings each time I open a new session. =A0Can I add something
> > to my autoexec to get round it?
>
> > Kim- Hide quoted text -

Great, I will have a play around with this option !!
0
Reply KLR 7/12/2010 11:17:19 AM

On Jul 1, 11:14=A0am, KLR <k.robe...@ucas.ac.uk> wrote:
> At present, each time I open a session of SAS I need to manually
> select 'Use treet view' and change to List view. =A0Does anyone know how
> I can set the properties so that these settings are retained when I
> exit SAS?

You might find this helpful; "SAS=AE Explorer: Use and Customization" at
http://www.devenezia.com/papers/nesug-2005/AP006.pdf

--
Richard A. DeVenezia
0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Re: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1 #2
Thanks for you thoughts. There a number reasons why one would want to perform libnames in your program. For example, in our systems, result tables are stored in a library that has the date as part of the directory name. For a given run, the system needs to get the run date first, and then figure out the appropriate library to use. My programs use a number of libraries, One that points to Oracle, one that points to the results directory described above that is used to store non permanent results that are passed from one program to another, a libname statement that points at the macro library,...

installed 9.3, uninstalled 9.2 --> now batch submit (all sas related) is missing from windows explorer (right mouse()
I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2. once finished, open windows explorer, found *.sas file, right-click on mouse to bring up window, NO BATCH SUBMIT! am unable to find info to get batch submit back. tried the utilites/file management tool -- unable to make changes there due to some registry problem thanks in advance shan On Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:23:37 AM UTC+5:30, Shan Putnam wrote: > I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2...

SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1
Has anyone noticed in SAS 9.1 that every time a libname statement is executed, the explorer window changes to that library? I find this extremely annoying. If I point the explorer window to somewhere, I expect it to stay there until I change it. Does anyone know how to stop this? On my PC, running SAS V9.1 and WinXpPro, the SAS Explorer automatically displays the library only if the libref already exists when the LIBNAME statement is executed. You may want to consider writing a macro which uses the LIBREF function to check if the libref has already been assigned before executing another LIB...

Re: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1
> From: Buchanan, Gordon [mailto:gordon.buchanan@GMACRFC.COM] > Has anyone noticed in SAS 9.1 that every time a libname > statement is executed, the explorer window changes to that library? > > I find this extremely annoying. If I point the explorer > window to somewhere, I expect it to stay there until I change > it. Does anyone know how to stop this? uh, Why are you changing libnames so often? libnames -- and filenames -- ought to be allocated in one's autoexec and be done with the preparation for a session. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.g...

Re: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1 #3
On my PC, running SAS V9.1 and WinXpPro, the SAS Explorer automatically displays the library only if the libref already exists when the LIBNAME statement is executed. You may want to consider writing a macro which uses the LIBREF function to check if the libref has already been assigned before executing another LIBNAME statement. RandyHerbison@westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Buchanan, Gordon Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:54 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS explorer window changes with libname in 9.1 Has a...

SAS Legend window in SAS 9.2
I have long experience in using SAS for Open VMS, where only batch mode was the option. Recently I have started to use SAS for windows. All the time, In SAS manual for SAS Graph I have seen optins to set some parameters in specific window, for example Axes or Legend. But now, having SAS9.2, I have realised, that such an option is not there. Could someone explain me this situation. On Dec 2, 5:33=A0am, Felix <fstalmat...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have long experience in using SAS for Open VMS, where only batch > mode was the option. Recently I have started to use SAS for win...

Re: SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7 #2
that sounds complicated... On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Joe Matise <snoopy369@gmail.com> wrote: > Yep, though I think I had to install some part of it in XP compat mode. > > -Joe > > > On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM, OR Stats <stats112@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hello: >> >> Does anyone know if SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7 Professional? >> >> Thank you! >> > > ...

Re: How to trun off the RESULT window in SAS 9.2 #2
Akshaya, Thanks! If i remember correctly, with ODS noresults, we should be able to disable the result window without changing anything. Corret me if i am wrong. Thanks! Yu On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Akshaya Nathilvar < akshaya.nathilvar@gmail.com> wrote: > > Go to Tools => Options => Preferences. On the Results tab, uncheck the > option, "View results as they are generated". > AkshayA! > > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Yu Zhang <zhangyu05@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hi, All, >> >> we have a production code written in S...

Re: SAS 9.2 for Windows x64, first impressions #2
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:10:37 -0800 (PST), MacAddict wrote: >On Jul 31, 7:49�pm, Jay Weedon wrote: >> Haven't had a chance to run any serious benchmarks comparing it with >> the 32-bit code, but I was dismayed to find that neither the libname >> interface nor the import wizard will allow reading of Microsoft >> (Excel, Access) datasets more recent than about 1997. Apparently MS >> has no plans to write 64-bitcode for the "Jet" platform on which >> they're written, so those features could stay broken for a while yet. >> There are p...

Re: Question about default window sizes on SAS v8 for Windows #2
As Randy pointed out, the -rsasuser option makes the SAS profile readonly, ie. changes are not stored. What you can do, when no other SAS sessions are open, is start a SAS session WITHOUT specifying -rsasuser, make all your changes to window sizes locations, toolbar settings, whatever, ensure Tools / Options / Preferences / Save settings on exit is checked and then close SAS down. For ongoing, "real", use, continue use the -rsasuser option which allows multiple sessions to use the same user profile ( ie. with your preferred window sizes/locations etc... ). -----Original Message--...

Default Windows Explorer view
Hi all, Is there any switch or registry entry setting (or anything) where by I can start Windows Explorer by default to list the file Details (i.e. in View-Details mode), without turning the "Remember each folders view settings" option on? I am using Windows 2000. Thanks for your time. Regards, Bliss ...

Windows 7 and SAS 9.2
I installed Windows 7 in a Gateway Tablet PC. The Window 7 RC was downloaded on Saturday, so is pretty contemporary. 1) The Windows 7 install was easy. I did not upgrade but went for the new install option. 2) The cleanup has taken some time. 3) Install of 9.2: a) System requirements check revealed problem with Microsoft Runtime Components 8.0 SP1. b) A quick Google revealed that this seems to be a SAS problem. No one else reports this nasty problem. c) After third try, decided to blast thru the query. After "Problem installing MRC 8.0", you get a query: Install rem...

SAS 9.2 on windows 7
Dear all, Hi, windows 7 has been officially released now and I was hoping if more people who had a chance to run SAS 9.2 on windows 7 could share their experience? Earlier I heard that SAS 9.2 does not supported windows 7 yet and I was wondering if there are any recent updates/service packs that one can download for windows ? thank you so much, claus I'm using it on my Win7 system. It works fine except for the integration with windows explorer (file associations and such). That is, if I right-click on a SAS file and choose open with SAS 9.2, I get an error message "Insufficient au...

dialog_pickfile: changing default view in windows
Is there a was to change the view that dialog_pickfile displays in Windows? By default, is opens in "list" view; file names only. I want it to open in "Details" view: showing filename, size, modification date .... ...

SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7
Hello: Does anyone know if SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7 Professional? Thank you! Yep, though I think I had to install some part of it in XP compat mode. -Joe On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM, OR Stats <stats112@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > Does anyone know if SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7 Professional? > > Thank you! > that sounds complicated... On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Joe Matise <snoopy369@gmail.com> wrote: > Yep, though I think I had to install some part of it in XP compat mode. > > -Joe > ...

SAS 9.2 on Windows 2008 R2
Hi y'all, Has anyone tried to run SAS 9.2 TS2M2 on Windows Server release 2008 R2 (x64)? The formal statement of SAS regarding Windows release 2008 R2 is that it will be supported with 9.2TS2M3 (and some stuff shortly after) in 2010-Q2. Usually SAS issues a not-supported statement because they haven't tested it, which does not nescecarillay mean it doesn't work. So we hope that it is sort of "field-proven" to avoid a short-term migration from R1 to R2. And the experiences with R1 has not been favourable. We are looking to install EBI and EDI server bundles includ...

How to trun off the RESULT window in SAS 9.2
Hi, All, we have a production code written in SAS9.1 and with ODS NORESULTS statement we are able to turn off the RESULT window, which is a pop-up ask you if what you are going to do with the created file. However, when code runs on SAS9.2, the options seems to no effect any more. we are seeing the window regardless the settings. Does anyone know how to fix? ODS RTF file='c:\test.rtf'; ods noresults; proc print data=sashelp.class ; run; ods RTF close; Thanks! Yu ...

64-bit Windows SAS 9.2
Hi all I'm about to embark on a consulting gig at a site that is running 9.2 on a 64-bit Windows host. This will be my first time with both 9.2 and with a 64-bit host. The work is pretty straightforward -- just some high-volume custom ETL and some simple ODS reports. I'm reading the what's new for 9.2 and the Windows companion for 9.2, but I was just keen to find out if anyone has any tips, particular gotchas or advice. I know this is a generic question, but I'd be grateful for any thoughts. Thanks Tree Frog ...

SAS 9.2 for Windows x64, first impressions
Just got it running this week. It took some doing - our account rep had no idea of the administrative details of d/l-ing the 64-bit package (nor apparently do the folks at Contracts, so they're looking just a tad clueless at SI right now), and she didn't seem to want to do the research, so after several rounds of questioning emails I STILL ended up d/l-ing the 32-bit package by mistake. I called tech support who had to call the rep to straighten her out on what she was supposed to provide. D/l of the 4.1GB package took about 3 hours. Haven't had a chance to run any serious benchma...

Default choice on the View Menu in Windows XP #2
New poster hoping for some help. I apologize if I am in the wrong group. I am learning Windows XP after using Windows 95/98 for years, and I have a problem with Windows Explorer in XP that I did not have in 95/98. I want Windows Explorer to choose the "Details" file display by default whenever I click on a new folder, but in XP it always chooses the "Thumbnails" file display by default, so every time I click on a new folder I have to manually change the file display from "Thumbnails" to "Details". Is there some way I can change the default display to...

Version 9
I'm reposting this from last week, as I've had no replies. Surely, someone may have run into this and devised an answer? I did run into a post that discussed using PROC TEMPLATE and making changes to the style attribute BATCH that seems to affect DATA _NULL_ text, though not PROC REPORT text. I'm guess I'm interested in the change between v8.2 and v9.1 here with respect to DATA _NULL_ text and the defaults assumed. Has anyone used ODS TEXT to any degree? Can it be used similarly to DATA _NULL_? Or a better question, should ODS TEXT be used to replace the DATA _NULL_ PUT tex...

Re: SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7
Yep, though I think I had to install some part of it in XP compat mode. -Joe On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM, OR Stats <stats112@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > Does anyone know if SAS 9.2 is compatible with Windows 7 Professional? > > Thank you! > ...

VBA Code Window
Whenever I open the VBA Code window, 23 separate windows open together with the Project window. I can close all unwanted windows and maximize the one I want, and when I reopen the Code window, it maintains that format. But each time I exit the application and restart, it reverts to the initial format with the project window showing and multiple windows displayed. This is only happening on a new notebook I've purchased. On my main desktop PC the screen reopens with the most recent settings each time. I can't see any relevant options in the Tools - Options dialog. I'm using Acces...

Failure to open and view files with SAS Explorer window.
SAS9.1.3 , sp4 has not been installed, Win XP Pro This morning, I had a long session involving multiple reads of several files with about 30,000 obs and on a number of occasions, opened some of these with the SAS Explorer window. Then I had occasion in the same session to run a job that read and combined a number of files. The largest of these is 349,000 records and there is another with 305,000 obs. Again, I opened and examined these files with the file viewer. After doing this a couple times, I was suddenly unable to open any of the files that I clicked on. Their icons appeared in the explo...