coding style guide?

Does anyone have a nice programer's coding style guide I could call my
own. You know, indents, capitals, mixed case, mixed nuts, assorted?

I don't like the all little characters in the SAS manuals.
0
Obomonomical

On Sep 21, 5:41=A0pm, Obomonomical <davidmwrig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a nice programer's coding style guide I could call my
> own. You know, indents, capitals, mixed case, mixed nuts, assorted?
>
> I don't like the all little characters in the SAS manuals.

Folks have written papers about this with lots of rules about
placement of statements, (executable vs information), indentation and
the rest.  The problem is they usually don't know enough SAS to
understand when the rules don't work.  I find them mostly useless.

To me if you indent consistantly with a format that "somehow" reveals
the structure of the program or data step then it's all good.  I can't
define it but I know it when I see it.

What do you mean by your last statement?  "I don't like all the little
characters..."

0
data
9/22/2010 1:41:42 PM
On Sep 21, 5:41=A0pm, Obomonomical <davidmwrig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a nice programer's coding style guide I could call my
> own. You know, indents, capitals, mixed case, mixed nuts, assorted?
>
> I don't like the all little characters in the SAS manuals.

I agree with data _null_.  Define your own, and use it consistently.
Many editors will assist.
0
SD_Data_Dude