Convert SAS data set to an SPSS data set

I am trying to convert a SAS data set to na SPSS data set.  I tried to
use PROC EXPORT with DBMS = sav; but SAS is telling me that is not a
valid for export.  So how do I convert my SAS data set to a SPSS
file?  Any help is welcomed.
0
cwgmath

On Apr 7, 4:52=A0pm, cwgmath <cwgmath1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to convert a SAS data set to na SPSS data set. =A0I tried to
> use PROC EXPORT with DBMS =3D sav; but SAS is telling me that is not a
> valid for export. =A0So how do I convert my SAS data set to a SPSS
> file? =A0Any help is welcomed.

Try DBMS=3DSPSS instead of DBMS=3Dsav.
0
Dave
4/7/2010 9:13:05 PM
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss/faq/convert_pkg.htm
0
Ching
4/8/2010 5:50:05 AM
On 7 avr, 22:52, cwgmath <cwgmath1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to convert a SAS data set to na SPSS data set. =A0I tried to
> use PROC EXPORT with DBMS =3D sav; but SAS is telling me that is not a
> valid for export. =A0So how do I convert my SAS data set to a SPSS
> file? =A0Any help is welcomed.

I confirm as i have tested it
that in 9.2.2 the suffix to use is well spss in place of sav and stata
in place of dta
There are many unveiled corrections for both "destinations"
 to speak as ods.
A lot of problematic file are now passing tp spss(18) or stata(11)
due to sas optimization.

Andre
0
andre
4/8/2010 8:34:10 PM
On Apr 8, 2:34=A0pm, andre <wie...@ined.fr> wrote:
> On 7 avr, 22:52, cwgmath <cwgmath1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to convert a SAS data set to na SPSS data set. =A0I tried t=
> > use PROC EXPORT with DBMS =3D sav; but SAS is telling me that is not a
> > valid for export. =A0So how do I convert my SAS data set to a SPSS
> > file? =A0Any help is welcomed.
>
> I confirm as i have tested it
> that in 9.2.2 the suffix to use is well spss in place of sav and stata
> in place of dta
> There are many unveiled corrections for both "destinations"
> =A0to speak as ods.
> A lot of problematic file are now passing tp spss(18) or stata(11)
> due to sas optimization.
>
> Andre

You can just read the SAS file into SPSS and let SPSS do the
conversion.  Available from the File>Open>Data dialog or the GET SAS
command.

HTH,
Jon Peck
0
JKPeck
4/18/2010 1:57:24 AM
On Wednesday, April 7, 2010 3:52:36 PM UTC-5, cwgmath wrote:
> I am trying to convert a SAS data set to na SPSS data set.  I tried to
> use PROC EXPORT with DBMS = sav; but SAS is telling me that is not a
> valid for export.  So how do I convert my SAS data set to a SPSS
> file?  Any help is welcomed.

Try SAS2SPSS. Converts large SAS collections en masse. Easy peezy...

http://www.the-chronicon.com/p/sas2spss.html