Define fieldnames

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Is it possible in SAS to make from the contents of a field a
fieldname?

Tx
0
Reply laika 3/4/2010 12:46:22 PM

See related articles to this posting

I could think of several ways but the most immediate one is proc
transpoe wher the id & idlabel are used to spesify the variable names.

Eli
0
Reply Eli 3/10/2010 8:30:28 AM

On Mar 4, 7:46=A0am, laika <michel.verhe...@axa.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible in SAS to make from the contents of a field a
> fieldname?
>
> Tx

The VVALUEX function can be used to obtain the formatted value of a
dynamically specified variable name.

Richard
0
Reply Richard 3/10/2010 7:57:56 PM
comp.soft-sys.sas 130321 articles. 21 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to define a define that defines some defines ?
Hi all, I have the following: /*--- SNIP ---*/ typedef struct Argument_s { char *address; int type; int length; } ARGUMENT; #define Function(F) int F( int ArgCount, ARGUMENT ArgVector[] ) #define First ArgVector[0] #define First_A First.address #define First_T First.type #define First_L First.length #define Second ArgVector[1] #define Second_A Second.address #define Second_T Second.type #define Second_L Second.length #define Third ArgVector[2] #define Third_A Third.address #define Third_T Third.type #define Third_L Third.length ...

Defining #define
Hello All, How may I use the "Define[s]" on page 2 of xBuildW? I need to define TESTING_TSDL .t. I can put it in an include file that gets included in everything, and it works as expected, but I also need to access this variable inside of an include file like this IF TESTING_TSDL #define DATA_LEN 125 ELSE #define DATA_LEN 111 ENDIF That bombs, so I tried #IFDEF TESTING_TSDL #define DATA_LEN 125 #ELSE #define DATA_LEN 111 #ENDIF That doesn't work either I can put #define TESTING_TSDL .t. in the include file, but then I don't know how to access it in the inclu...

__STDC_IEC_559__ (defined or !defined ?)
Hello everybody, the "Further Notes" on gcc C99 status (http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html) say: "IEC 60559 is IEEE 754 floating point. This works if and only if the hardware is perfectly compliant, but GCC does not define __STDC_IEC_559__ or implement the associated standard pragmas; [...]" but the simple program: #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { #ifdef __STDC_IEC_559__ puts("\n__STDC_IEC_559__ macro defined\n"); #else puts("\n__STDC_IEC_559__ macro not defined\n"); #endif r...

defining or not defining destructors
If I have a simple class with say a couple of integers only is there any need for me to provide a destructor? thanks! johny smith <princetonharvard@charter.net> wrote: > If I have a simple class with say a couple of integers only is there any > need for me to provide a destructor? If the "simple class" does not have invariants; resource allocation, exception cleanup, or the potential to be derived later on, then generally speaking - no, you will not need to provide one. The best answer I could offer is to make sure you understand what the destructor is for rather th...

How to define a defining word
In the "Extending the Compiler" chapter of "Starting Forth" (on-line version) it shows how one could define VARIABLE and CONSTANT: : VARIABLE CREATE 0 , ; : CONSTANT CREATE , DOES> @ ; That's fine. Makes sense. But then later, in explaining the code for CONSTANT, it says (in some shaded boxes): compile-time portion CREATE Create a new dictionary entry (example TROMBONES) , Compiles the value for the constant from the stack into the constant's parameter field. run-time portion ...

#if (defined(__STDC__) && !defined(NO_PROTOTYPE)) || defined(__cplusplus)
Hello, Could anyone explain me the following preprocessor sentences: ---------------------------------------------------------------- #if (defined(__STDC__) && !defined(NO_PROTOTYPE)) || defined(__cplusplus) # define _USING_PROTOTYPES_ 1 # define _ANSI_ARGS_(x) x # define CONST const # ifdef __cplusplus # define VARARGS (...) # else # define VARARGS () # endif #else # define _ANSI_ARGS_(x) () # define CONST #endif #undef EXTERN #ifdef __cplusplus # define EXTERN extern "C" #else # define EXTERN extern #endif -------------------------------...

User defined type not defined - getting this error yet it is defined in the same module
Hi there, I needed to use some of the functionality of my VB code in my Access program. So I imported all the relevant modules from my VB program into my Access code. (Unfortunately I had not made the relevant code into a class and many of the functions were split over different modules). However, when I go to compile my code in Access, I get a "User defined Type not defined" error, even though the type it is complaining about is defined a few functions above within the same module. I really do not understand this particularly because the code all works fine within VB. Can anyone...

Any #defines will compilers define ??
Can anyone tell me what (if anything) will be defined by a compiler on Solaris (both x86 and SPARC), so I can do something like #include <stdio.h> int main() { #ifdef __SPARC__ printf("defined __SPARC__"); #endif } I can see that __SPARC__ is not defined when I compile this with gcc at least, since the printf statement does not get executed. I'd like to find something that is unique to Solaris, so will not be defined on linux etc, so can be used in a test to include a Solaris specific include file on Solaris. Dave schrieb: > Can anyone tell me what (if anyth...

Re: defining or not defining destructors
johny smith wrote: > If I have a simple class with say a couple of integers only is there any > need for me to provide a destructor? > > thanks! If you don't write a dtor, the compiler will provide its own. If you are happy with the default, no need to write your own. -- -- Abstraction is selective ignorance. -Andrew Koenig -- -- ...