Define fieldnames

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Is it possible in SAS to make from the contents of a field a
fieldname?

Tx
0
Reply laika 3/4/2010 12:46:22 PM

See related articles to this posting

I could think of several ways but the most immediate one is proc
transpoe wher the id & idlabel are used to spesify the variable names.

Eli
0
Reply Eli 3/10/2010 8:30:28 AM

On Mar 4, 7:46=A0am, laika <michel.verhe...@axa.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible in SAS to make from the contents of a field a
> fieldname?
>
> Tx

The VVALUEX function can be used to obtain the formatted value of a
dynamically specified variable name.

Richard
0
Reply Richard 3/10/2010 7:57:56 PM
comp.soft-sys.sas 130539 articles. 23 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to define a define that defines some defines ?
Hi all, I have the following: /*--- SNIP ---*/ typedef struct Argument_s { char *address; int type; int length; } ARGUMENT; #define Function(F) int F( int ArgCount, ARGUMENT ArgVector[] ) #define First ArgVector[0] #define First_A First.address #define First_T First.type #define First_L First.length #define Second ArgVector[1] #define Second_A Second.address #define Second_T Second.type #define Second_L Second.length #define Third ArgVector[2] #define Third_A Third.address #define Third_T Third.type #define Third_L Third.length ...

Defining #define
Hello All, How may I use the "Define[s]" on page 2 of xBuildW? I need to define TESTING_TSDL .t. I can put it in an include file that gets included in everything, and it works as expected, but I also need to access this variable inside of an include file like this IF TESTING_TSDL #define DATA_LEN 125 ELSE #define DATA_LEN 111 ENDIF That bombs, so I tried #IFDEF TESTING_TSDL #define DATA_LEN 125 #ELSE #define DATA_LEN 111 #ENDIF That doesn't work either I can put #define TESTING_TSDL .t. in the include file, but then I don't know how to access it in the inclu...

__STDC_IEC_559__ (defined or !defined ?)
Hello everybody, the "Further Notes" on gcc C99 status (http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html) say: "IEC 60559 is IEEE 754 floating point. This works if and only if the hardware is perfectly compliant, but GCC does not define __STDC_IEC_559__ or implement the associated standard pragmas; [...]" but the simple program: #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { #ifdef __STDC_IEC_559__ puts("\n__STDC_IEC_559__ macro defined\n"); #else puts("\n__STDC_IEC_559__ macro not defined\n"); #endif r...

defining or not defining destructors
If I have a simple class with say a couple of integers only is there any need for me to provide a destructor? thanks! johny smith <princetonharvard@charter.net> wrote: > If I have a simple class with say a couple of integers only is there any > need for me to provide a destructor? If the "simple class" does not have invariants; resource allocation, exception cleanup, or the potential to be derived later on, then generally speaking - no, you will not need to provide one. The best answer I could offer is to make sure you understand what the destructor is for rather th...

How to define a defining word
In the "Extending the Compiler" chapter of "Starting Forth" (on-line version) it shows how one could define VARIABLE and CONSTANT: : VARIABLE CREATE 0 , ; : CONSTANT CREATE , DOES> @ ; That's fine. Makes sense. But then later, in explaining the code for CONSTANT, it says (in some shaded boxes): compile-time portion CREATE Create a new dictionary entry (example TROMBONES) , Compiles the value for the constant from the stack into the constant's parameter field. run-time portion ...

#if (defined(__STDC__) && !defined(NO_PROTOTYPE)) || defined(__cplusplus)
Hello, Could anyone explain me the following preprocessor sentences: ---------------------------------------------------------------- #if (defined(__STDC__) && !defined(NO_PROTOTYPE)) || defined(__cplusplus) # define _USING_PROTOTYPES_ 1 # define _ANSI_ARGS_(x) x # define CONST const # ifdef __cplusplus # define VARARGS (...) # else # define VARARGS () # endif #else # define _ANSI_ARGS_(x) () # define CONST #endif #undef EXTERN #ifdef __cplusplus # define EXTERN extern "C" #else # define EXTERN extern #endif -------------------------------...

User defined type not defined - getting this error yet it is defined in the same module
Hi there, I needed to use some of the functionality of my VB code in my Access program. So I imported all the relevant modules from my VB program into my Access code. (Unfortunately I had not made the relevant code into a class and many of the functions were split over different modules). However, when I go to compile my code in Access, I get a "User defined Type not defined" error, even though the type it is complaining about is defined a few functions above within the same module. I really do not understand this particularly because the code all works fine within VB. Can anyone...

Using parenthesis with defined (#if defined(...))
Is there any reason why I would ever want to use parenthesis with defined: #if defined(A_MACRO_NAME) Angel Tsankov wrote: > Is there any reason why I would ever want to use parenthesis with > defined: > #if defined(A_MACRO_NAME) I use parentheses if more than one macro needs to be tested: #if defined(A) && defined(B) It's not necessary, but it reads better. V -- Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask ...

Any #defines will compilers define ??
Can anyone tell me what (if anything) will be defined by a compiler on Solaris (both x86 and SPARC), so I can do something like #include <stdio.h> int main() { #ifdef __SPARC__ printf("defined __SPARC__"); #endif } I can see that __SPARC__ is not defined when I compile this with gcc at least, since the printf statement does not get executed. I'd like to find something that is unique to Solaris, so will not be defined on linux etc, so can be used in a test to include a Solaris specific include file on Solaris. Dave schrieb: > Can anyone tell me what (if anyth...

Define a label only if is not already defined
Hello, In order to avoid warnings for referencing labels defined in other chapters I'm using a file which contains fake labels, including those for the chapter I'm working on; the labels for this chapter will be signaled as double defined! So basically I need a command to define the label only if it isn't defined yet,I've searched the Internet and found only a solution at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/495841/is-there-a-way-to-check-if-a-label-is-already-defined-in-latex/817421#817421 but does not work, Bellow is the source code and the log file: \documentclass {book} \...

Re: defining or not defining destructors
johny smith wrote: > If I have a simple class with say a couple of integers only is there any > need for me to provide a destructor? > > thanks! If you don't write a dtor, the compiler will provide its own. If you are happy with the default, no need to write your own. -- -- Abstraction is selective ignorance. -Andrew Koenig -- -- ...

User-defined type not defined
Hi: This is all in A97. I'm working with a database that was originally created by someone else, modified greatly by me. Now I'm creating a new version and am more or less starting from scratch, importing objects and rebuilding as I go. Suddenly when I try to compile, I get the message "User-defined type not defined" on the line "dim bkmk as bookmark." Indeed, when I try to use intellisense in dimming a new variable, bookmark isn't on the list. I checked the references, and none are marked missing. I un-checked the dao3.51 ref and re-checked it. I ran re...

Define a command to define a command?
Currently, I have the following command to introduce new notation (using the nomencl package): \newcommand{\newnotation}[4]{ \newcommand{#1}{\ensuremath{#2}\xspace}% \nomenclature{$#3$}{#4}% } For example: \newnotation{\weight}{W}{W_l}{Weight of a leaf $l$} The only problem with this is that I have \newnotation commands interspersed all over my document. What I'd much prefer is to have a file notation.tex, in which I issue the above \newnotation command, and then the first time I use the notation I call: \introducenotation{\weight} s.t. nomencl.sty knows what the first page it was...

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 600
Yesterday I split one large C file and its header into a more manageable modular design consisting of 5 C files and headers. In my single C file approach it was simple, I defined _XOPEN_SOURCE at the top of the C file like this: #ifndef _XOPEN_SOURCE #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 600 #endif Having split the project into multiple .c and .h files, I received a confusing compiler warning (one of the modules uses nftw): "warning: 'struct FTW' declared inside parameter list" "warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want&q...

how do I let #define defines a macro
Hello.. a header file of one of my project has macro definitions like this (for example) #define PART_A_SORT_1_LABEL_STRING1 100 #define PART_A_SORT_1_LABEL_STRING2 200 #define PART_A_SORT_1_LABEL_STRING3 300 #define PART_A_SORT_1_LABEL_STRING4 400 #define PART_A_SORT_1_LABEL_STRING5 500 .... #define PART_A_SORT_7_LABEL_STRING1 1100 #define PART_A_SORT_7_LABEL_STRING2 3200 #define PART_A_SORT_7_LABEL_STRING3 2300 #define PART_A_SORT_7_LABEL_STRING4 1400 #define PART_A_SORT_7_LABEL_STRING5 6500 so, I tried to make a Macro defines another macros like this. #define MY_DEFINE(PART_SORT, C1, C...

#define _ and #define __
------=_Part_20064_25409582.1137990486418 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Hello, I can't find #define __ and #define _. Please point me to the filename and line number of these definitions or explain what they are. -- Thank you, Brian Takita http://weblog.freeopinion.org ------=_Part_20064_25409582.1137990486418-- ...

Result from fieldnames() is not allowed as fieldname?
Hi, I've stumbled about an odditiy here I can't quite explain to myself. Given the following code: struct_test=struct('firstfield', [1:5], 'secondfield', [5:10]); fields = fieldnames(struct_test); % this correctly gives 'firstfield' 'secondfield' expected = 'firstfield'; %just for comparrison strcmp(expected, fields(1)); % yes, these two are identical struct_test.(expected) % just as expected: 1 2 3 4 5 struct_test.(fields(1)) % ??? Argument to dynamic structure reference must evaluate to a valid field name. Ok, I'm puzzled. Why isn&...

User defined type not defined
Hello all, I am trying to write a prog that autamatically sends emails ... Here is what I have done so far In the module section I have put this: Public Function SendEmail(email As String, subject As String, body As String, attach As String) Dim Mail As MailSender Set Mail = New MailSender Mail.Host = "relay.skynet.be" Mail.From = "my.emailaddress@myprovider.be" Mail.AddAddress (email) Mail.subject = subject Mail.body = body Mail.AddAttachment (attach) Mail.Send End Function Then in the program I assign values to the variables email,subject and body Next I call the fun...

Combining define-syntax with define-macro
Hello I see strange behaviour when I combine define-syntax with define-macro from PLT's defmacro.ss. Here is a much simplified sample which demonstrates the behaviour: (require (lib "defmacro.ss")) (define-macro (two) `(define (three) #t)) (define-syntax one (syntax-rules () ((one) (two)))) (one) If I try to refer to the function 'three' after running this code I am told that it is undefined. However if I expand (one) twice it gives (as expected) (define (three) #t) The list returned by (namespace-mapped...

Application defined or Object defined error
I have an Access 2000 database running on a network in a Citrix environment. The problem I am experiencing is that some users (not all) get the above error message occasionally, sometimes just once or twice a day, sometimes many times. It seems to revolve around two forms that are kept open most of the day. Form A has a list of tasks to be done by that user. This form requeries it's recordsource on the timer event once every ten minutes to pick up any new entries made by other users. Form B is utilised when an item is actioned and on update will delete the record and requery Form A to...

Error: User-Defined Type Not Defined
In A97 on WinXP, I'm trying to use a KB function to provide the next sequential number in a custom counter (a table with two fields-- [NextAvailable] and [FromYear] ). When I run it, I get the "User-defined type not defined" error on the third line of code (Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset) I'm using below: " Function Next_Custom_Counter() On Error GoTo Next_Custom_Counter_Err Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim NextCounter As Long Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset rs.Open "CounterTable", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimist...

How to define a user defined function in AEL
Dear Cadence, According to the manual, in AEL (Analog Expression Language) there can be user defined functions. I read through the AEL documentation but couldn't find any information on how to define one. I just want to define a function that returns a random number before everytime the simulation runs. Could anybody give me an example or pointer? Thanks, Cao On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:24:41 -0600, "Zhiheng Cao" <cao@ece.utexas.edu> wrote: >Dear Cadence, > >According to the manual, in AEL (Analog Expression Language) >there can be user defined functions. I ...

User-defined type not defined #3
Hi everyone, I have an error message in an Access 97 database & I was hoping someone may be able to help me get rid of it (bearing in mind I only have an average understanding of Access & absolutely none of VB coding). Originally, this database was in Access 2003 format. I opened it in 2003, then used the convert option to back it down to Access 97. I then opened it in 97. Upon opening, I get this error message: "compile error: user-defined type not defined". When I click ok, I am taken to a screen with a window title of "form_switchboard", with some code in it. &q...

User defined type not defined #2
Hello, I have been working with visual basic for a while but this is something I have never understood. I have some code in a VB6 application that sends email using Winsock and works great. I am trying to incorporate the code in Access 2000 . I inserted the activex control "Microsoft Winsock control (SP6) and it shows up on the form. When I ran the form I get "object variable with block not set" on the line "Winsock1.LocalPort = 0", I added the "Set winsock1 = ActiveXCtl5.Object". Now I get "User defined type not defined." I don't get...