drawing density function

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi ,
I have a few series of data for which I want to draw the "density
function".
anybody knows with which procedure can I do this?
If you have an example of a code- it could be great.

Thanks in advance!
0
Reply talila.ar (28) 6/2/2009 4:09:17 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.soft-sys.sas 130784 articles. 26 followers. Post

draw probability density function curve
X is a random variable. In the simulation program, I have obtained series of numbers for this variable: 0.1, 0.2312, 0.343, 5.0343..... I hope to draw probability density function based on this discrete number. Any suggestions for this? Thanks in advance. mobiler wrote: > X is a random variable. In the simulation program, I have obtained > series of numbers for this variable: 0.1, 0.2312, 0.343, 5.0343..... > > I hope to draw probability density function based on this discrete > number. A combination of HIST, to get bin counts, and BAR, to plot the _rescaled_ counts (bar ...

How to draw normal probability density function for 3d vector
Hi all, I want to draw normal probability density function for the following data: x = 3 x 10 array mu = 3 x 1 vector sigma = eye(3) Normpdf(x,mu,sigma) gives error as it requires all the arguments of the same size. thanks. "kumar vishwajeet" <kwzeet@gmail.com> wrote in message <i6c9oc$kds$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > I want to draw normal probability density function for the following data: > x = 3 x 10 array > mu = 3 x 1 vector > sigma = eye(3) > > Normpdf(x,mu,sigma) gives error as it requires all the arguments of the same...

GammaLn, Complete Beta function, Probability Density function
Hi! I designed the following functions, partly not available in FSL: - GammaLn - Complete Beta function - Beta Probability Density function AFAIK the GammaLn function is also in the Gamma code of FSL, but this one u= ses a Lanczos approximation. It seems to be a bit slower, but a little more= precise close to zero (about 13 digits of precision). The Beta function an= d PDF function build on that, but they also work fine with the loggamma of = FSL. Excuse the sometimes odd code, but this is a straight port from 4tH. Hans Bezemer ---8<--- create _L 6 floats allot 76...

drawing functions
Ok, for FF 1.5 and Safari I can use Canvas for drawing. For IE 6 I can use excanvas.js. Does that mean I need to use something like Walter Zorn's wz_jsgraphics for other browsers? Andrew Poulos Andrew Poulos wrote: > Ok, for FF 1.5 and Safari I can use Canvas for drawing. For IE 6 I can > use excanvas.js. Does that mean I need to use something like Walter > Zorn's wz_jsgraphics for other browsers? Opera 9 has canvas support too (and SVG support). So whether you need something like Walter Zorn's drawing library depends on the browsers you want to target. -- ...

Drawing function
Hi all, I've got a very fundamental question about OpenGL! I've been reading 'The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL'. I'm actually putting my OpenGL code into an MFC application but that isn't important. In all OpenGL applications there is going to be a function that is called when the open gl window needs to be redisplayed (i.e. what glut's glutDisplayFunc would point to or in MFC the WM_PAINT handler). Now in all the examples I've seen and from what I've read, in this function people define their 3D object or objects between glBegin() and glEnd(). Imag...

Drawing functions
I wondered: is it always necessary to specify the domain when you draw a function? For example, if I want to draw y=(1-x**2)**(1/2) (the semi-circle), I have to specify the domain, for example [-1,1], and if I specify as domain [2,3], it gives me error. All right, when the domain of a function is easy to calculate it's ok, but when I don't know how to calculate it (because the function is very complicated) is it possible to make Matlab calculate it? Thanks for your help! Hi Mr. Wolf, I am not sure if this is a Matlab question, since ** would be ^ in Matlab. For a function to work in ...

draw function
Hello all. xy.m : function [x,y] = xy(t) x = t^2-2*cos(t); y = 1-sin(t); draw.m: function draw(n,s); figure(n); xlabel('X') ylabel('Y') fplot('xy',s) >> draw(1,1) ??? Attempted to access lims(:,1); index out of bounds because numel(lims)=1. Error in ==> fplot at 96 xmin = min(lims(1:2)); xmax = max(lims(1:2)); Error in ==> draw at 6 fplot('xy',s) function draw must draw a graphik with 2 parametrs where n - figure's nuber s - function step "Cetver Cetver" <wwww@www.com> wrote in message <gi808n$ps4$1@fred.mathworks.com&g...

Using the draw.ss teachpack to make 'draw-a-circle' function appear on the canvas
I'm stuck on this question: Use fun-for-circle to develop draw-a-circle. The function consumes a circle structure and draws the corresponding circle on the screen. Use (start 300 300) to create the canvas before testing the function. Heres the link to the problem: http://www.htdp.org/2003-09-26/Book/curriculum-Z-H-9.html#node_sec_6.6 I'm confused on what the question is asking me because 'draw-circle' has that ability by itself. Alt234 <jtjohnson@hentar.com> writes: > I'm stuck on this question: > > Use fun-for-circle to develop draw-a-circle. The funct...

need to calculate power spectral density based on transfer function and impulse response i have tried this code for creating transfer function and impulse response
need to calculate power spectral density based on transfer function and impulse response i have tried this code for creating transfer function and impulse response clear all, close all; clc realizations=5; N=1; %a.plot 10 realisations of X(t) t=0:0.01*pi:10*pi; T=0.9; Deltat = 0.01*T; h=exp(-(0:Deltat:T))/(1-exp(-T)); figure(1) for j=1:realizations theta=2*pi*rand(N,1); A=exprnd(1,N,1); Xs=A*cos(t+theta); Y=filter(h,[1,0],Xs); plotcolors={'r','b','g','m','k', 'r--','b--','g--','m--','k--'}; pl...

cumulative density function
Dear PEOPLE, I have a question regarding data interpretation using Matlab. I have some data generate from a random process that interests me. The command hist(x,2^5) gives me a histogram , which is more of a quantized pdf or more correctly a probability mass function. I would like to obtain a pure pdf and even more important a pure cumulative density function i.e. the data should be able to tell the reader that if I have two random sources, how much of the two sources is less than 1, less than 2. The cdf gives this idea. So can you please tell me as to what commands could I use to interpret m...

convolution of density functions
I find the probability density function (pdf) of sum of 2 Random variables as the convolution of the induvidual pdfs. However the area under the new pdf is not equal to one. How do I make sure the area is equal to one ? Has it got something to do with normalization ? what about the time shift that occurs during the convolution ? Please clarify. I am looking for a general case, where the pdfs to be convolved can be any valid pdf. Thanks and Regards So just divide your new matrix by the sum of the new matrix pdf2 = pdf2 / sum(pdf2); The independent axis will be longer, as it should be,...

Cauchy Density Function
Dear all, I'm currently generate random number to evolve my neural network using Gaussian Function. Now I would like to try on Cauchy function. Can anyone, who knows about Cauchy Function, send to me the function or any source code for Cauchy Function (sorry, very bad sentence :-( but I hope you all understand what I mean)? Cheers. Regards, Razali Dear Razali You may ask google almost anything in the world, why not about Cauchy > http://www.xycoon.com/cauchy2p_density.htm > http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/eda3663.htm Paul Razali wrote: > Dear ...

Probability Density Function
Hello, I have graphed a normal probability density function with a mean of 10 and a standard deviation of 2.5. I named this function f[x] I wanted to know how to use the "FilledPlot" to show the area under the curve for (x<8) and (7.5<x<11). I have the probability for x<8 to be .212 and for 7.5<x<11 to be .497 by calculating the definite integral of the function f[x] for these two probabilities. I have the cacluation of the probabilities included but no idea on how to continue and display each of these in a graph. Thanks, T Harris ...

multivariate density functions
Hello group, By means of stochastic toolbox, is it possible to calculate the Gaussian likelihood for a vector, given the mean vector and the covariance matrix? Function 'normpdf' seems to work on scalars only. regards, -- Gutek Gutek wrote: > Hello group, > > By means of stochastic toolbox, is it possible to calculate the > Gaussian likelihood for a vector, given the mean vector and the > covariance matrix? Function 'normpdf' seems to work on scalars only. > > regards, Is MVNPDF, from the Statistics Toolbox 4.0 (R13) and later, what you wa...

drawing a sum function
Hello. Could someone help me to show how draw sum with matlab. for example: (1/n)+1/(3*n)-1/(5*n)+1/(7*n)-1/(9*n)+... and n=1:100. I can draw a function with only "n+2n+3n+...N*n" but i dont know how to make "n+2n-3n+4n-5n+...N*n" (the + and - change places). thx. Dear Joni! > Could someone help me to show how draw sum with matlab. > for example: (1/n)+1/(3*n)-1/(5*n)+1/(7*n)-1/(9*n)+... > and n=1:100. > > I can draw a function with only "n+2n+3n+...N*n" but i dont know how to make "n+2n-3n+4n-5n+...N*n" > (th...

about the probability density function
I have already generated a set of random numbers following normal distribution pattern by command NORMRND. How to plot the probability density function curve from these random numbers? one way is to use hist command "Wat" <q123454321hk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ef13412.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... >I have already generated a set of random numbers following normal > distribution pattern by command NORMRND. How to plot the probability > density function curve from these random numbers? ...

probability density function
I just read an article using a probability density function (PDF) to display the results. Now despite the numbers in the original data, all the values in the PDF are between zero (0) and one (1). I'm really new to this so I was wondering which PDF function would produce something like that. The original data contain both positive and negative numbers. On Aug 31, 2:47=A0pm, "CNN " <cnln2...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I just read an article using a probability density function (PDF) to disp= lay the results. Now despite the numbers in the original data, all the valu= es ...

how to accumulate drawing functions
My homeworks is to accumulate the draw-solid-line function coming from the draw teachpack on a list of posns. (define accumulate (lambda (combiner null-value l) (cond ((null? l) null-value) (else (combiner (car l) (accumulate combiner null-value (cdr l))))))) Since draw-solid-line outputs only a true value after drawing the line, accumulate does not work. It tries to input the next posn with the true value it has got from the previous calculation. Anyone have any ideas? caytupu wrote: > (define accumulate > (lambda (combiner null-value l) > (cond > ...

density function in histfit
Hi, With the command histfit I have created a histogram with a fitted normal probability density curve. How can I now get access to that density function? My goal is to compute the values of the density function at certain locations on the x-axis. I hope you can give me some advice. Thank you very much! Andy M wrote: > Hi, > > With the command histfit I have created a histogram with a > fitted normal probability density curve. How can I now get > access to that density function? My goal is to compute the > values of the density function at certain locations on the > x-a...

Normal Density Function
Hi, everyone! I am a newbie with MatLab, and I am working on a project right now where I have to write a function for the normal density function of x, mu, and sigma. I really don't know where to begin. Also, I have to write a function of p in terms of x and theta that is the sum from i=1 to m of the function alpha times the normal density function of x, mu, and sigma. Theta is a 3 x m matrix of our values for alpha, mu, and sigma. After I get these two functions, I have to somehow generate a graph of the two functions. If anyone has any help for me, I would really appreciate it! Thank you...

joint density function
Hi! I 'm having a problem with creating a joint density function from data. What I have is queue sizes from a stock which two vectors saved as: X = [askQueueSize bidQueueSize]; I then use the hist3-function to create a 3D histogram. This is what I get: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/709705/hist-plot.png What I want is to have the Z-axis normalized so that it goes from [0 1]. Would greatly apprisiate if someone could help me with this, because I've hit a wall here. Regards Filip > I then use the hist3-function to create a 3D histogram. This is what I > get: > http...

Drawing a function probability
I've to draw following surface: f(n,p)=p!\{n choose p} I guess that i have to draw this function for not negative integers values of p and n. Well, n takes values in [512,1024], while p in [2,12]. Any suggestions??? I try to draw this function generating a set data with a simple self made python program, but when i draw this set of data there is a problem with the axes that represents f(n,p) cause the values are spanned from 1e-6 to 1e-19 and I can see just a flat surface. Do you think that is possible to draw this surface using the integral in two variables, actually I ca...

Drawing functions domains
Dear All I would like to use Maple to draw the domain of the following function: f(x,y)=sqrt(x). (Please, notice that f is a function on two variables.) Could somebody here please help me? In case, Maple cannot do that, could you please advise me a program to do it? Thank you a lot in advance! Paul PS: Please, reply to my e-mail address too. phhs80@hotmail.com (Paul Smith) wrote: > I would like to use Maple to draw the domain of the following > function: > > f(x,y)=sqrt(x). > > (Please, notice that f is a function on two variables.) I'...

convolution of density functions #2
I find the probability density function (pdf) of sum of 2 Random variables as the convolution of the induvidual pdfs. However the area under the new pdf is not equal to one. How do I make sure the area is equal to one ? Has it got something to do with normalization ? what about the time shift that occurs during the convolution ? Please clarify. I am looking for a general case, where the pdfs to be convolved can be any valid pdf. Thanks and Regards "ace kris" <ace.kris@gmail.com> wrote in message <hi2al2$2ho$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I find the probability dens...