drawing density function

Hi ,
I have a few series of data for which I want to draw the "density
function".
anybody knows with which procedure can I do this?
If you have an example of a code- it could be great.

Thanks in advance!
0
talila.ar (28)

draw probability density function curve
X is a random variable. In the simulation program, I have obtained series of numbers for this variable: 0.1, 0.2312, 0.343, 5.0343..... I hope to draw probability density function based on this discrete number. Any suggestions for this? Thanks in advance. mobiler wrote: > X is a random variable. In the simulation program, I have obtained > series of numbers for this variable: 0.1, 0.2312, 0.343, 5.0343..... > > I hope to draw probability density function based on this discrete > number. A combination of HIST, to get bin counts, and BAR, to plot the _rescaled_ counts (bar ...

how to draw f test function using sas?
Hi all Is there anyone who can tell me how to draw a f-test curve using sas? Thanks On 13 Dec 2005 23:24:52 -0800, "lixiaoyao" <lixiaoyao5880@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all > Is there anyone who can tell me how to draw a f-test curve using sas? > Thanks What's an f-test curve? JW try this. You vary the df as needed. dfn = df for numerato, dfd = df for denominator. If you need to go out further, just increase the upper end of the loop. If you want cummulative probability, replace the p = by p = probf(F,dfn,dfd); This assumes a central F distribution. dat...

Re: how to draw f test function using sas?
try this. You vary the df as needed. dfn = df for numerato, dfd = df for denominator. If you need to go out further, just increase the upper end of the loop. If you want cummulative probability, replace the p = by p = probf(F,dfn,dfd); This assumes a central F distribution. data step1; dfn = 1; dfd = 100; do F = .1 to 10 by .1; p = probf(F+.05,dfn,dfd)- probf(F-.05,dfn,dfd); output; end; symbol i=join r=120; proc gplot; plot p*f / nolegend vminor=1 hminor=0; by dfn dfd; run; Paul R. Swank, Ph.D. Professor, Developmental Pediatrics Director of Research, Center for Improving the ...

How to draw normal probability density function for 3d vector
Hi all, I want to draw normal probability density function for the following data: x = 3 x 10 array mu = 3 x 1 vector sigma = eye(3) Normpdf(x,mu,sigma) gives error as it requires all the arguments of the same size. thanks. "kumar vishwajeet" <kwzeet@gmail.com> wrote in message <i6c9oc$kds$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > I want to draw normal probability density function for the following data: > x = 3 x 10 array > mu = 3 x 1 vector > sigma = eye(3) > > Normpdf(x,mu,sigma) gives error as it requires all the arguments of the same...

Re: how to draw f test function using sas? #3 1550432
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:24:52 -0800, lixiaoyao <lixiaoyao5880@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > Hi all > Is there anyone who can tell me how to draw a f-test curve using sas? > Thanks Lixiaoyao, Maybe something like this is what you are looking for? data fisherf; do ndf=5 to 60 by 5; do ddf=5 to 60 by 5; do x=0 to 5 by .02; y=pdf('F',x,ndf,ddf); output; end; end; end; run; symbol v=none cv=blue i=j; proc gplot data=fisherf uniform; plot y*x/vm=0 hm=0 ; by ndf ddf; run; quit; Regards, RVV ...

Re: how to draw f test function using sas? #3 657404
lixiaoyao5880@YAHOO.COM wrote: > Is there anyone who can tell me how to draw a f-test curve using sas? > Thanks What are you trying to do? Do you want to plot a histogram and overlay a specific F(r1,r2) distribution against it? Do you want a graph showing just the shape of an F distribution? Are you trying to come up with a plot showing cutoff values for hypothesis tests? Are you trying to plot the probability density function, or the cumulative distribution function? Depending on what you're after, you may end up generating points in a DATA step using either the CDF() or PD...

need a sas function analagous to LAG function
Hello All, I am familiar with the LAG function. It allows you to use a value of a variable from the previous observation in hte calculation of a value of a variable for the current observation. What I need to to is if there is a function which allows you to take a value of a variable in the NEXT observation and use it in operations on the current observation. If so, what is it? For example, I want to take the value of the variable UNIT in from the observation that follows my current one and assign it to a new variable in the current observation. something like: if unit='.' then un...

GammaLn, Complete Beta function, Probability Density function
Hi! I designed the following functions, partly not available in FSL: - GammaLn - Complete Beta function - Beta Probability Density function AFAIK the GammaLn function is also in the Gamma code of FSL, but this one u= ses a Lanczos approximation. It seems to be a bit slower, but a little more= precise close to zero (about 13 digits of precision). The Beta function an= d PDF function build on that, but they also work fine with the loggamma of = FSL. Excuse the sometimes odd code, but this is a straight port from 4tH. Hans Bezemer ---8<--- create _L 6 floats allot 76...

Kernel density estimation to calculate Probability Density Functions
Hi all, I want to use kernel density estimation to calculate probability density functions for a set of young's modulus data of a finite element model. Parameter values range is from 2.3x10^7 to 4.6x10^7. And the y axis range is from 0 -1800. Please help me as I new to matlab I can't figure out how to use the appropriate formulae to get the graph. Thank you very much in advance ...

Re: need a sas function analagous to LAG function
On May 29, 2009, at 5:49 am, Randall Powers wrote: > Hello All, > > I am familiar with the LAG function. It allows you to use a value of a > variable from the previous observation in hte calculation of a value > of a > variable for the current observation. That's not what it does. Here's a link to the documentation: http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/lrdict.hlp/a000212547.htm Mike Zdeb has given you one way to do what you want. See also: http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Four_methods_of_performing_a_look-ahead_read -- Jack Hamilton jfh@alu...

Calling functions from functions from functions ...
Lets say I have a function g(p,x) where x and p are of some defined type. I also have a function NewtonR which I can use like so: x = NewtonR(g,p,x0) There is also another function I want to call ImplicitTrap which can be done as: u = ImplicitTrap(g,p,u0,step,n) This function defines a function of g, and it is this function that I'd like to pass to NewtonR. Can it be done? Basically the code is implementing the implicit trapezoidal rule for numerical integration with the NR solver being used at each step with automatic differentiation being used to handle the differentiation. M...

Drawing function
Hi all, I've got a very fundamental question about OpenGL! I've been reading 'The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL'. I'm actually putting my OpenGL code into an MFC application but that isn't important. In all OpenGL applications there is going to be a function that is called when the open gl window needs to be redisplayed (i.e. what glut's glutDisplayFunc would point to or in MFC the WM_PAINT handler). Now in all the examples I've seen and from what I've read, in this function people define their 3D object or objects between glBegin() and glEnd(). Imag...

function functions
I am trying to make code for root finding and to do so I must use "function functions". In order to be more familiar with that, I tried to run one of the matlab examples like the following: function y = humps(x) y = 1./((x-.3).^2 + .01) + 1./((x-.9).^2 + .04) - 6; x=0:0.002:1; y=humps(x); plot(x,y) but I encounterd the follwing error: ??? Input argument "x" is undefined. Error in ==> ffff at 2 y = 1./((x-.3).^2 + .01) + 1./((x-.9).^2 + .04) - 6; I appreciate you inform about the problem. "Dariush Abdolah" <dabdolah@hotmail.com> wrote in message...

draw function
Hello all. xy.m : function [x,y] = xy(t) x = t^2-2*cos(t); y = 1-sin(t); draw.m: function draw(n,s); figure(n); xlabel('X') ylabel('Y') fplot('xy',s) >> draw(1,1) ??? Attempted to access lims(:,1); index out of bounds because numel(lims)=1. Error in ==> fplot at 96 xmin = min(lims(1:2)); xmax = max(lims(1:2)); Error in ==> draw at 6 fplot('xy',s) function draw must draw a graphik with 2 parametrs where n - figure's nuber s - function step "Cetver Cetver" <wwww@www.com> wrote in message <gi808n$ps4$1@fred.mathworks.com&g...

Web resources about - drawing density function - comp.soft-sys.sas

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

Fatally weak MD5 function torpedoes crypto protections in HTTPS and IPSEC
... US Navy ) If you thought MD5 was banished from HTTPS encryption, you'd be wrong. It turns out the fatally weak cryptographic hash function, ...

Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless
Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless

Here's how squads and iron sights will function in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
... roles and create a squad, and the creator can name, lock, or invite others to their little group. The more an outfit fills up, the more functions ...

Learning F# – The Thunderdome Principle for Functions
Back in 2008, Jeremy Miller introduced the Thunderdome Principle, a technique he used for building maintainable ASP.NET MVC applications which ...

Opioids Do Not Improve Physical Function In Patients With Neuropathic Pain
While opioids may alleviate pain in some chronic pain patients, their effectiveness when it comes to restoring physical function in patients ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Political row over omitting Kerala CM from PM Modi’s function
Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday decided to keep away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Kollam in south Kerala after ...

Power Through Your Work With a “Forcing Function”
... to flow faster and more easily when I know I only have a couple of hours to turn it in. Entrepreneur Dan Martell calls this a “forcing function” ...

Macphun Creative Kit 2016 review: Critical photo editing functions delivered in one diverse app
With Creative Kit, Macphun wants to pick up where Apple’s now-defunct Aperture left off. As a plug-in to Photos , Macphun’s apps significantly ...