drawing density function

Hi ,
I have a few series of data for which I want to draw the "density
function".
anybody knows with which procedure can I do this?
If you have an example of a code- it could be great.

Thanks in advance!
0
talila.ar (28)

US-TX-Austin: Glovia Functional Analyst, Data migration/conversion, ProIV; 6-9M (45326057608)
US-TX-Austin: Glovia Functional Analyst, Data migration/conversion, ProIV; 6-9M (45326057608) ============================================================================================= Position: Glovia Functional Analyst Reference: SMC01724 Location: Austin TX Duration: 6-9M Skills: Direct experience in converting to Glovia, specifically: data migration and data conversion. Some technical ProIV expertise Scope: Client currently moving from a legacy ERP system (Chess) to Glovia. They are looking for a functional Glo...

comparison b/w Functional and Logic Programming
Hi all, Could you please tell me about the difference between the Functional programming and the Logic programming or if you know some papers for the comparison between them. Thank you in advance, Mosbah mosbah_us@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you please tell me about the difference between the Functional > programming and the Logic programming or if you know some papers for > the comparison between them. > > Thank you in advance, > > Mosbah When in doubt, Wikipedia is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_programming Practically speaking...

Re: NeedURGENT CEIL Function Explanation #2
csrna@FORD.COM frantically wrote: >What is this piece of code saying? The CEIL function is very new to me. >I am reading the manual also. Thank You. ~~Carol > > UNIT=3D'TAPE '; =20 > TRACKS=3DCEIL(SIZE/6); > BYTES=3DTRACKS*13030;=20 It's not clear, but CEIL() is short for 'ceiling'. So its opposite is the FLOOR() function. Any number between, say, 13 and 14 would find the integers 13 and 14 as its 'floor' and 'ceiling'. To see how ceil() works here, try this: data temp1; do size=1 to 24; tracks...

Drawing a zig-zag Trail in Python?
I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point is a line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction of motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ?? W. eWatson wrote: > I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point is a > line. Perhaps the line would have an arrow showing the direction of > motion. There should be x-y coordinates axises. PIL? MatPlotLib, ?? Pycairo? mk wrote: > W. eWatson wrote: >> I'd like to draw something like an animal track. Between each point >> ...

about cost function
I am asking about cost fonction. I have for example function of 2 variables. a=f([x(1),x(2)]) How should i set cost function if i want a=10 and that would be minimum for x(1) at same x(2) Other ways i want a=10 and partial dif df/dx(1)==0 I do not have partial diferential. (well only numerical) Thanx in advance ...

Output derivative values from S-function
Hi Folks I am trying to output the derivative values from an s-function, so that I can do a bifurcation analysis. I am however struggling. I tried to use the ssGetdX statement in the mdlOutputs function of the s-function, but the pointer seems to not exist, so I am not quite sure what is going on. Is there an example somewhere that does this type of thing. Regards Etienne ssGetdX is only available during mdlDerivatives. I'm not sure if there is another posibility, but try to recalculate the derivatives from your states and inputs during mdlOutputs, by using the same equations as in md...

Re: [sample data supplied] re: FIND function of HASH v.s. IF #2 #2
Here is another version. Try this. If it is still memory problem don't despair. Tell the length of KEYVAR and number of records of SMALL. Possibly, Key-Indexing or a mixture of Proc Format and array may solve yours without presorting and would do equally better than Hash. data need; declare hash h(); h.definekey('keyvar'); h.definedata('keyvar','length','mark'); h.definedone(); *** Load records of SMALL into Hash Table; do until(eofS); set small end = eofS; mark = 0; h.add(); end; *** Records of SMALL matching with LARGE; do until(eofL); ...

draw question
got similar question here. In MFC SDI, how to display content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer (1024*512) on screen?. ...

Line drawing
Hi I want to draw a line in a image, for example I = double(imread('myImage.jpg')); p1 = [1,1]; p2 = size(I); and a want to draw a line from p1 to p2 on image I. How can I do this? Is there a builtin function or do I have to write my own line drawing funtion, for example implement the Bresenham line drawing algorithm? goran wrote: > Hi > > I want to draw a line in a image, for example > > I = double(imread('myImage.jpg')); > p1 = [1,1]; > p2 = size(I); > > and a want to draw a line from p1 to p2 on image I. How can I do > this? Is there a bu...

$increment function in GT.M #2
Hello I cannot find any docs for this function can someone point me to where it is or at least explain its operation and use. Thanks, Dave This is now a pretty standard Mumps function. From the Mumps pocket guide (a copy of which you'll find in the EWD Virtual Appliance portal application, in the Documentation section): $increment(variable[,incr]) Increments the value of variable by incr (default=1) and returns the value in an atomic operation. eg k ^a $i(^a,2) -> 2 $i(^a) -> 3 The key usefulness of this function is its atomicity - it will automatically lock the global ref...

Urgent!!! Functional Consultant-Oracle CRM for UAE
VAM SYSTEMS is a Business Consulting, IT Technology Solutions and Services company with operations in UAE, Qatar, USA, Singapore and India. VAM SYSTEMS currently looking for Functional Consultant - Oracle CRM for our UAE operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions: Skill Set required: Skills: 1. 5+ experience overall and 3+ minimum with oracle apps 2. Strong PL/SQL programming skills 3. should be having good understanding of oracle enterprise applications 4. should be working on CRM modules for last 3 years 5. should have very good knowledge and hands on following CRM mod...

inline function
Does C++ standard require an inline function be generated all the time ? For example, #include <iostream> using namespace std; inline int foo() { return 10; } int main() { cout << "foo()=" << foo() << endl; } Should foo() be generated in the final executable all the time ? JG On Jul 31, 8:51 am, jg <jgu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does C++ standard require an inline function be generated all the > time ? inline is just a hint or request of the compiler, and doesn't promise anything... Tony On Jul 31, 4:51 am, jg <jgu...@gmail.com&...

Newbie question about function handles
I want a 'wrapper' function that would take a string argument, name of another function, and evaluate it. E.g., wrapper('sin',1) would have wrapper.m evaluate sin(1) Is there a way to do that without 'eval'? Thanks a lot! In article <fushj2$5ed$1@fred.mathworks.com>, "Dimitri Shvorob" <not.dimitri.shvorob@gmail.com> wrote: > I want a 'wrapper' function that would take a string > argument, name of another function, and evaluate it. E.g., > > wrapper('sin',1) > > would have wrapper.m ev...

[Help] fminimax / anonymous functions / GradObj
Hi guys, firstly thank you for taking your time to read my post. I am still a newbie at this whole Matlab Optimization Toolbox, so I got a few questions wondering if you guys can help me out! Much appreciated! What I wanted is to solve a minimax constraint problem with a certain given function. I got what I wanted with my first prototype, however I want to see if I can speed things up if I provide fminimax with the function derivative wrt x. This is where the problem raises... This is my option setting, as you see I turned GradObj on to evaluate with the given gradient. The call function to ...

Hidden lines in a drawing view
I'm sure this is a basic question so forget me for my ignorance but if I RC on a line of a part in a drawing and make it hidden how do I get it back? Is there a reset option to bring the line back or some to this effect? Marty Select Menu "View" > "Hide/Show Anotations" and the hidden lines will show up in gray. Select the ones you want to un-hide by picking. Dave H marty wrote: > I'm sure this is a basic question so forget me for my ignorance but if I RC > on a line of a part in a drawing and make it hidden how do I get it back? > Is there a res...

conv and deconv functions
Hi all, I am having problems using the combination of conv and deconv function. I have a large number of random processes which I convolve with its fliped version, then I deconvolve the result obtained from convolution with the fliped version of random process, the procedure works for all but some specific cases. The code below should help you understand the problem. %%%%%%% Code starts %%%%%%%%%%%%%% t_bit=1e-6; r_bit=1/t_bit; fc1= 2*r_bit; n=4; input_stream1=[0 1 0 1]; i=1; j=1; % Value of m depends on the order of the modulation for m=1:n:(length(input_stream1)-n+1) k=1; ...

drawing outlines again-can I edit the installed drawing template?
Hi, I've been trying to do my own drawing outlines, with modicoms of success. But it seems to me that what I REALLY want to do is, once and for all, edit the original installed drawing template to suit my requirements. Then I can just start a new drawing, choose the size format etc, and all the bits I want are there ready for me. How/can I do this? Hi Me (strange opening) Open up the template You wanna modify.....rmb in the middle somewhere and take "edit sheet format"...do Your changes and then go to "file / save sheet format", save it in the same folder as You...

Saving drawings and models
Is there any way to get rid of the nagging questions Solidworks asks over and over again? Example: "Some of the models referenced in this document have been modified. They must be saved when the document is saved. Save the document and the referenced models now?" Now, what kind of dumbass question is that? Of couse I want to save the models! That's what is supposed to happen when you "save"! This happens evertime you make a change in an assembly and try to save it. One would think there would be a way to turn off those nagging questions. ~Barry~ No, you need t...

Matrix operations on functions f(t)
Is there a way to multiply 2 matrices when the members of each matrix are functions, without looping through each increment of the functions? This isn't an nD multiplication aka mtimesx. I can accomplish this with a for-loop, performing the matrix multiplication at each step of the function. But since the size of the matrices and the length of the functions is very large, I'd like to find a more efficient method. This would be the same as performing a matrix multiplication on the 1st two dimensions of a 3-D matrix, but a ".*" or element-by-element multiplication between each ...

How to output a new function?
HI, all. Great to know you guys! I'm a newer to matlab and got a confusing question. Can the output of a function be another function? How? Thanks! bingo <zhngbn@gmail.com> wrote in message <1192232429.695324.45900@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com>... > HI, all. Great to know you guys! I'm a newer to matlab and > got a confusing question. > Can the output of a function be another function? How? > Thanks! Many ways. 1. You can return an anonymous function. 2. Return the name of a function, an m-file. 3. Return a function handle. 4. Return an inline function. P...

Drawing to a window while it is moved
Hello I am writing a driver to do graphics for Seed7 (http://seed7.sourceforge.net) on windows. This driver is based on gdi32 and trys to hide the event loop from the rest of the program. My driver works but I have a problem: When I move a window it is not updated until the move ends. Other programs like the Task-Manager and Console windows are updated during the move. This is a functionality I want to do also with my driver. Currently my driver has the following behavior: When I click on the top border of the window the program receives a WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN message. The progr...

confused... error in variable call for function
I have some code for my project called "rowthesis.m" which takes one subject name as input. At the end of the code, I have MATLAB save the pertinent output variables to a .mat file. So, if I execute the file as such: >> rowthesis('joeblo'); It works great, and the "results" file is written as expected. However, if I execute it as follows: >>[avgforce, maxforce, halftime, avwps, avgang] = rowthesis('joeblo'); I get the following error: ??? Output argument "avgforce" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to "C:\Pro...

Function Linearly independence
How can I show Linearly independence of this sym matrix ? A=[sym(1) sym('x') sym('x^2')] thanks On 17 Jul., 18:27, "Marco " <marco...@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I show Linearly independence of this sym matrix ? > > A=[sym(1) sym('x') sym('x^2')] > > thanks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wronskian ? Best wishes Torsten. ...

Transmit in AWGN channel creating 10000 bits' message to do random and confirm BER and draw graph.
Transmit in AWGN channel creating 10000 bits' message to do random and confirm BER and draw graph. Length axis : BER width axis: SNR 1 bit Energy of utility is Eb AWGN mean 0, breakup No/2 Between SNR 1 ~ 6 1. When transmit BPSK 2. transmit BPSK after code using Hamming code in(7, 4) 3. transmit by QPSK 4. transmit QPSK after code using extended Hamming code in(8,4) Point message creation and AWGN creation to observe turn program about 4 case at the sun 1 times. Is not doing at all as I am beginner helps please ask please. ...

Function pointer member variable to non-member function #2
I have a class that has an array of function pointers as a member variable. I pass in function pointers in the constructor (these function pointers are to C functions). Later when I try and call the function, it says there is an error and my program crashes (assuming a memory problem). Here is a small example of what I am trying to do. ----- Common include file ------ typedef int (*ptrFunc)(int); ----- Separate .h/.cpp -------- class A { public: A( ptrFunc one, ptrFunc two ); void UseFuncs(); private: ptrFunc m_pFunctions[2]; } A::A( ptrFunc one, ptrFunc two ) { m_pFunctions[0] = one; m_p...