Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable."

Dear all,

Somehow I have to double click a SAS file and open it. But that error
message showed up. I have searched the previous posting and followed
the instruction to fix the problem. At the same time, I also checked
SAS web site and followed their instruction to fix the problem.

But after all these efforts, I still got the nasty message.

The only thing I haven't tried is to reinstall SAS because there are a
lot of procedures to do that.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Bob,

What kind of system are you on?  From your example I presume an older
version of Windows.

If that is the case, you have to see how SAS is called.  It sounds like a
Window's problem, trying to find 'C:\program files', but not being able to
read the long file names.  If so, you may have to change that part of the
call to 'c:\progra~1'.

Art
-----
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:32:21 -0700, baoxian_lan@EXCITE.COM wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Somehow I have to double click a SAS file and open it. But that error
>message showed up. I have searched the previous posting and followed
>the instruction to fix the problem. At the same time, I also checked
>SAS web site and followed their instruction to fix the problem.
>
>But after all these efforts, I still got the nasty message.
>
>The only thing I haven't tried is to reinstall SAS because there are a
>lot of procedures to do that.
>
>Any idea will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Bob
1
art297 (4212)

Re: Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable."
Bob, What kind of system are you on? From your example I presume an older version of Windows. If that is the case, you have to see how SAS is called. It sounds like a Window's problem, trying to find 'C:\program files', but not being able to read the long file names. If so, you may have to change that part of the call to 'c:\progra~1'. Art ----- On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:32:21 -0700, baoxian_lan@EXCITE.COM wrote: >Dear all, > >Somehow I have to double click a SAS file and open it. But that error >message showed up. I have searched the previous posting and fol...

new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new URL("file://c:/dir/file")
new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new URL("file://c:/dir/file") What is the correct syntax ? Is it the same as a new File ?FileDialog send: "c:\Program Files\dir\file". I have the feeling that different classes (File, URL, URl) have the different syntax. Please say a), b) or c) and answer me does it is same for all java classes which ask for a file path? FreeStyler =E3=81=AE=E3=83=A1=E3=83=83=E3=82=BB=E3=83=BC=E3=82=B8: > new URL("c:/dir/file") OR new URL("c:\dir\file") OR new > URL("file://c:/dir/fil...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

["a", "b", "c", "d"] to "a, b, c, d"?
I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

ActiveState vs. "C:\Program Files\" and "C:\Progra~1\"
note: this post started off as a question, but turned into a blog and eventually became an answer. I just hate to have anyone else go through all this nonsense, so I figured I'd post it as an example of "when in doubt, google it out". I successfully installed ActiveState 5.8.8 (after uninstalling 5.6.something) on an XP laptop. I installed it to "C:\Program FIles \Activestate.com\Perl". After the install, I changed the "Program files" part of the ActiveState dirs in my PATH env var from long DOS format to 8.3 format: "C:\Program Files\ActiveState.c...

"my" and "our"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"or" and "and"

"out" and "in out"

Web resources about - Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable." - comp.soft-sys.sas

Pusher configuration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a craft with a pusher configuration the propeller (s) are mounted behind their respective engine(s). According to Bill Gunston , a "pusher ...

Facebook Simplifies XCode Configuration, Adds App Events To IOS SDK
Facebook released a new software-development kit for iOS , version 3.6 , the social network announced in a post on its developer blog . continued… ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

MIT panel warns of challenges of hyper-networked world - management, Configuration / maintenance, IDC ...
A panel discussion held at MIT this week hailed major advances in networking technology, but warned that the challenges facing the world's information ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...