ERROR: Write Access Violation In Task ( REPORT ]

Hi,

I am getting the following error for the PROC REPORT procedure:

ERROR: Write Access Violation In Task ( REPORT ]

Exception occurred at (663F7250)

Task Traceback

Here is the code for proc report:

proc report data=comments nocenter nowd headline split="|" missing;

column group id text details;

define group/group "Group" width=25 flow;

define sid/group "ID" width=15;

define text/display "TEXT" width=50 flow;

define details/ computed display "Details" width=50 flow;

break after group/skip page;

compute after id;

line " ";

endcomp;

Any Ideas??? Or what shall I check else in the program that might have caused this? Any obvious errors??

Thanks

man_u

http://mail.yahoo.com

Man U,

I wonder if this line doesn't have something to with your problem,

define group/group "Group" width=25 flow;

toby dunn

I am getting the following error for the PROC REPORT procedure:

ERROR: Write Access Violation In Task ( REPORT ]

Exception occurred at (663F7250)

Task Traceback

Here is the code for proc report:

proc report data=comments nocenter nowd headline split="|" missing;

column group id text details;

define group/group "Group" width=25 flow;

define sid/group "ID" width=15;

define text/display "TEXT" width=50 flow;

define details/ computed display "Details" width=50 flow;

break after group/skip page;

compute after id;

line " ";

endcomp;

Any Ideas??? Or what shall I check else in the program that might have
caused this? Any obvious errors??

Thanks

man_u

http://mail.yahoo.com
0
Toby.Dunn (894)
8/10/2004 4:03:37 PM
man_u,

I've gotten this error (in V8) on a number of occasions and it was always due to a SAS bug. There are a number of HotFixes which address various causes of the error.

I do note that you are defineing the DETAILS variable as computed but don't show a compue block for it.

hth,
Dennis Diskin