How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters?

Dear All,

            Happy New Year ,

 Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS
Access
table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5
databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I
don't want to rename manually the table names.

Please find the program below.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance,

Jean Baptiste

The program:

- - -

options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ;

libname DBsource access 'S:\Data
Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007
Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb';

/* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */

data* pedResultadd ;

set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep =

testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text

);
*

run*;

- - - The log - -

1636

1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */

1638

1639 data pedResultadd ;

1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep =

ERROR 211-185: Invalid data set name.

1641

1642 testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text

1643 );

Jean Baptiste,

---

Jean Baptiste KAMGANG,

Lead Data Manager - CDC Cameroon

US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Mutengene, SouthWest Province Cameroon, Africa

E mail: JBKamgang@cm.cdc.gov.

Tel: + 237 3 335 1690

Fax: + 237  3 335 1692

Cell: + 237 9 984 79 14

---

..

0
JKamgang (3)

Can you make queries in MSACCESS (shorter names) that reference the
MSACCESS tables(longer names) ?
Then use SAS to go after the queries?

0
dmorgan (106)