How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset

Hey, guys,

I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning:
No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such
message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is
defined.
And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any
one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) .
Many thanks.

libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test';
libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m';

proc datasets;
  copy in=temp out=t2path;
  select try;
quit;
Mindy

How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #2
Hey, guys, I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is defined. And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . Many thanks. libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; Mindy ...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset
Mindy, Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than single quotes (') in the libname statements? Art ------ On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hey, guys, > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >defined. >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >Many thanks. > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > >proc datasets; > copy in=temp out=t2path; > select try; >quit; >Mindy On Oct 1, 11:32 am, art...@NETSCAPE.NET (Arthur Tabachneck) wrote: > Mindy, > > Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than > single quotes (') in the libname statements? > > Art > ------ > > > > On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_...@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > >Hey, guys, > > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: > >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such > >message when library is not specified. But in my case, ...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #2
Mindy, Your code works, on my system, as originally written. Thus, two more questions: (1) does try exist in libname temp? and (2) is try a SAS dataset of the same version as the version of SAS you a running? Art ------- On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:43:44 -0000, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >On Oct 1, 11:32 am, art...@NETSCAPE.NET (Arthur Tabachneck) wrote: >> Mindy, >> >> Do you still get the warning if you use double quotes {") rather than >> single quotes (') in the libname statements? >> >> Art >> ------ >> >> >> >> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_...@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >> >Hey, guys, >> >> >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >> >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >> >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >> >defined. >> >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >> >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >> >Many thanks. >> >> >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >> >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; >> >> >proc datasets; >> > copy in=temp out=t2path; >> > select try; >> >quit; &g...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #4
Coding NOLIST also works. 52 proc datasets nolist; 53 copy in=temp out=t2path; 54 select try; 55 quit; NOTE: Copying TEMP.TRY to T2PATH.TRY (memtype=DATA). NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set TEMP.TRY. NOTE: The data set T2PATH.TRY has 1 observations and 0 variables. NOTE: PROCEDURE DATASETS used (Total process time): real time 0.01 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds I think RROC DATASET is try applying the SELECT to the list of library members it prints by default. With no LIBRARY= option it defaults to WORK, but TRY does not exist. I had to see your example to understand the question. On 10/2/07, Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> <nospam@howles.com> wrote: > On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > > >Hey, guys, > > > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: > >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such > >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is > >defined. > >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any > >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . > >Many thanks. > > > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; > >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > > > &g...

Re: How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset #3
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:59:47 -0700, Mindy <master2005_sas@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >Hey, guys, > >I submitted the followin codes, and get warning message as "Warning: >No matching members in directory". I cheked some papers, SAS gave such >message when library is not specified. But in my case, the library is >defined. >And the warning still exists the second time I run the code. Does any >one know how to get rid of the warning? (note: try is a sas dataset) . >Many thanks. > >libname temp 'C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\test'; >libname t2path 'C:\Documents and settings\Desktop\test\sub_m'; > >proc datasets; > copy in=temp out=t2path; > select try; >quit; >Mindy Try removing IN=TEMP from the COPY statement and instead code LIBRARY=TEMP in the PROC statement. It actually seems to work either way, but using 9.1.3 I do see that spurious warning. libname temp 'c:\temp\a'; libname t2path 'c:\temp\aa'; data temp.try; run; proc datasets; copy in=temp out=t2path; select try; quit; proc datasets library=temp; copy out=t2path; select try; quit; ...

how to get rid of square symbol in my sas dataset
Hi all, I have a dataset in UNIX which i output as pipe delimiter and then ftp to PC. From pc/sas reading in that dataset and i see in my 'model' variable a weird square symbol(looks like a tab space or not sure). How do i get rid of them. I could not copy that value here. When i print it, i still see that square symbol at the end. Thanks. hari Hi Hari Have a look at the tread "removing hidden characters" from today. Regards Patrick P.S: Are you ftp'ing BIN or ASCII? Try ASCII and have a look if this square still exists. ...

Re: how to get rid of square symbol in my sas dataset
Patrick, Thanks a lot. Ascii worked like a magic. I was using a default ftp before. Thanks. On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:14:19 -0700, Patrick <patrick.matter@GMX.CH> wrote: >Hi Hari >Have a look at the tread "removing hidden characters" from today. >Regards >Patrick > >P.S: Are you ftp'ing BIN or ASCII? Try ASCII and have a look if this >square still exists. ...

How to get rid of "hex/oct constants > sys.maxint" warning?
I'm getting tired of seeing meaningless warnings from my code, but I can't figure out how to get rid of them: For example: fcntl.ioctl(fd,0xc0047a80,s) causes FutureWarning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up Firstly, I have no idea what that error means in this context. 0xc0047a80 isn't intended to be an integer (either positive or negative): it's just a chunk of 32 bits. Googling the newsgroup came up with the suggestion that putting an "L" on the end of the constant would eliminate the warning, but it cau...

how to get rid of missing values while doing proc freq and proc univariate?
I have the following problem. I need to do proc freq (for VAR A) and proc univariate (for VAR B) on a dataset. I=92m using the following code: Univariate: proc univariate data=3D one noprint; by code; var B; output out=3D one_out mean=3Dmean n=3Dn min=3Dmin max=3Dmax; run; proc transpose data =3D one_out out =3D t_one_out prefix =3D _; var mean n min max; id code; run; Trouble is I have missing values for VAR B, hence in the output file (one_out), I get an extra observation and because the transpose step follows, I get a warning in the log. How to get rid of the missing observation in the output dataset without having to delete it in the original dataset? Freq: proc freq data =3D one noprint; tables A * CODE/out =3D out_two; run; Also, when I do proc freq onVAR A , it also has missing values in the output dataset. Same question here, how to get rid of the missing record in the output? ...

Plot Browser Hides Datasets If the Number of Datasets is Large! How to get rid of?
Hi, There has been a change in the Plot Browser that has been made after 2014b release. Once the plot browser is opened in a figure with many datasets, it tends to hide the datasets that are beyond 30 or 40 in the list and group them into a field with the title "and XXX more..." (XXX being the number of hidden datasets) which is not accessible. Is there anyway I could turn this feature off? Thanks "Arash Banadaki" <adehgha@ncsu.edu> wrote in message news:mq84mj$liq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > There has been a change in the Plot ...

Plot Browser hides datasets if the number of dataset is large- How to get rid of?
Hi, Since the release of the Matlab 2014b there is a rather annoying change that has been made to the matlab plot browser. It tends to hide the datasets in the plot browser and group them in an inaccessible list with the title "and XXX more datasets" making the access to those datasets in the end of the list impossible. Is there anyway to undo this grouping and make all the data accessible in the plot browser? ...

How do I get rid of this warning?
Patterned after the solution suggested in the perlmodlib man page, I wrote the following code: ==================== This is file b.pm #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; package b; sub f { print "BBBBBBBB @_\n"; } eval join('', <main::DATA>) || die $@ unless caller(); 1 __END__ package main; b::f(@ARGV); ================================= When called this from the command line, say: b.pm X it works fine. But when I use it as a module, say from this context: ===================== This is file p.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use b; b::f('X'); ====...

Getting rid of warnings
I am trying to get rid of a few annoying warnings in my project - I have got rid of most of them but a few remain which I cant seem to get rid of. The first one is while using FD_SET/FD_CLR for adding and clearing sockets. I get the warning: warning C4127: conditional expression is constant The other one is using SetWindowLongPtr. I did have two warnings for this but managed to cast the result to get rid of one warning. I cant get rid of the last warning though. My code is: mOldWndProc = (WNDPROC)(long long)SetWindowLongPtr(mHwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)SkinWndProc); ...

Transposing a multivariate sas dataset into a multivariate sas dataset
I currently run this code to generate a report in Excel format for a non-SAS user. data old; input lname $ label1 $ label2 $ label3 $ name $ var1 $ var2 $ var3 $; cards; Name label1 label2 label3 Johnny Jv1 Jv2 Jv3 ; run; DATA _NULL_; SET old; ARRAY report (4) $ name var1 var2 var3; ARRAY report2 (4) $ lname label1 label2 label3; FILE 'c:/desktop/file.xls' dlm='09'x; DO i=1 to 4; put report2(i) report(i); end; run; This is the output in the excel file: Name Johnny label1 Jv1 label2 Jv2 label3 Jv3 My report has changed such that there will be multiple records. data old; input lname $ label1 $ label2 $ label3 $ name $ var1 $ var2 $ var3 $; cards; Name label1 label2 label3 Johnny Jv1 Jv2 Jv3 Name label1 label2 label3 Susie Sv1 Sv2 Sv3 Name label1 label2 label3 Karen Kv1 Kv2 Kv3 ; run; I would like some help in creating the output below in one excel file: Name Johnny Susie Karen label1 Jv1 Sv1 Kv1 label2 Jv2 Sv2 Kv2 label3 Jv3 Sv3 Kv3 Anyone have experience doing something like this? Thank you in advance! ...

combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset.
Thanks for your help in advance! I have hundreds of SAS datasets that I want to combine into one SAS dataset. For example, I want to set file20070101.sas7bdat - file20071231.sas7bdat (365 total files) into file_history.sas7bdat. How can I write this into a macro or array or whatever will work so I don't have to write each individual file name?? Thanks again! Mark On Jan 17, 3:06=A0pm, stul...@yahoo.com wrote: > Thanks for your help in advance! > > I have hundreds of SAS datasets that I want to combine into one SAS > dataset. > > For example, =A0I want to set =A0 =A0 file20070101.sas7bdat - > file20071231.sas7bdat =A0(365 total files) into > file_history.sas7bdat. > > How can I write this into a macro or array or whatever will work so I > don't have to write each individual file name?? > > Thanks again! > > Mark Something like this may work. %macro DescribeLibrary(libref); data LibContents1; set sashelp.vtable; where upcase(libname)=3Dupcase("&libref") and memtype=3D'DATA'; run; proc sort data=3DLibContents1; by memname; run; data _null_; set LibContents1 end=3Deof; if memname=3D:'2007'; call symput('memname'||trim(left(put(_n_, 8.))),trim(left(memname))); if eof then call symput('nmembers',trim(left(put(_n_,8.)))); run; %put num_members=3D&nmembers; %do x=3D1 %to &nmembers; proc append base=3D&libref...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset.
If you use the dictionary tables try Proc SQL - it will run much more quickly than a datastep: %let lib=YourLib; %let mem=file2007; proc sql noprint; select MemName into :MemList separated by " &lib.." from dictionary.tables where LibName=upcase("&lib") and MemType='DATA' and MemName eqt upcase("&mem"); quit; data &lib.File_History; set &lib.&MemList; run; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of stulkem@YAHOO.COM Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:06 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset. Thanks for your help in advance! I have hundreds of SAS datasets that I want to combine into one SAS dataset. For example, I want to set file20070101.sas7bdat - file20071231.sas7bdat (365 total files) into file_history.sas7bdat. How can I write this into a macro or array or whatever will work so I don't have to write each individual file name?? Thanks again! Mark ...

Proc Format from SAS Dataset
I have a SAS dataset that contains Start value and end value. I would like to create format using that SAS Dataset. I want create format only using proc format (with out manipulating sas dataset) For e.g. Start Description UGA University of Georgia GTECH Georgia Tech I would like to read "Start" column and create a format to use Description. Is there anyway to directory read SAS dataset and creates format? ...

sas dataset into proc optmodel
I am trying to load a dataset into proc optmodel. I have been trying to modify the example from the SAS manual attached below to better understand the process. I want to read a 4x4 dataset into "coeff" and a 1x4 dataset into "r", but have been unable to do it with the read data command. I keep getting an error message "The implied subscript count does not match array 'coeff', 0 NE 2." Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ryan /* example 2: portfolio optimization */ proc optmodel; /* let x1, x2, x3, x4 be the amount invested in each asset */ var x{1..4} >= 0; num coeff{1..4, 1..4} = [0.08 -.05 -.05 -.05 -.05 0.16 -.02 -.02 -.05 -.02 0.35 0.06 -.05 -.02 0.06 0.35]; num r{1..4}=[0.05 -.20 0.15 0.30]; /* minimize the variance of the portfolio's total return */ minimize f = sum{i in 1..4, j in 1..4}coeff[i,j]*x[i]*x[j]; /* subject to the following constraints */ con BUDGET: sum{i in 1..4}x[i] <= 10000; con GROWTH: sum{i in 1..4}r[i]*x[i] >= 1000; solve with qp; /* print the optimal solution */ print x; ...

Proc Logistic Warning messages
Hello, Is there a way to eliminate the warning message WARNING: There is possibly a quasi-complete separation of data points. The maximum likelihood estimate may not exist. WARNING: The LOGISTIC procedure continues in spite of the above warning. Results shown are based on the last maximum likelihood iteration. Validity of the model fit is questionable. NOTE: The above message was for the following by-group: from Proc Logistic? For my analysis, these warnings are acceptable. I am running many logistic regressions and data steps, so I want to skip these harmless warnings so that I can find the real important warning (potential bugs). Also, I get the error message from proc logistic ERROR: All observations have the same response. No statistics are computed. Again these errors are acceptable for my study. Is there an option or way to rid them? thank you, claus On 25 Juni, 01:00, "jlee8...@gmail.com" <jlee8...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to eliminate the warning message > > WARNING: There is possibly a quasi-complete separation of data points. > The maximum likelihood > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0estimate may not exist. > WARNING: The LOGISTIC procedure continues in spite of the above > warning. Results shown are based > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0on the last maximum likelihood iteration. Validity of = the > model fit is questionable. > NOTE: The above message was for the following by-group: > &g...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset. #2
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:06:01 -0800, stulkem@YAHOO.COM wrote: >Thanks for your help in advance! > >I have hundreds of SAS datasets that I want to combine into one SAS >dataset. > >For example, I want to set file20070101.sas7bdat - >file20071231.sas7bdat (365 total files) into >file_history.sas7bdat. > >How can I write this into a macro or array or whatever will work so I >don't have to write each individual file name?? > >Thanks again! > >Mark You must provide some rule or process which SAS can use to discover the names of the data sets to be processed. Here is how I might deal with the example (one file for each day of a calendar year): data _null_; call execute('proc datasets library=mylib nolist;'); call execute('delete file_history;'); call execute('run;'); do day = '01jan2007'd to '31dec2007'd; call execute('append base=mylib.file_history data=mylib.file' || put(day,yymmddn8.) || ';'); end; call execute('quit;'); run; ...

creating a permanent sas dataset with obseravtions removed from the original sas dataset
Hi, could you please suggest me.I've a sas dataset "mydata" with 50 observations and want to permanently create a new sas dataset "set" which doesnt have 10 and 20 observations .I run the code below- libname sc "C:\Sas\"; data sc.set; set mydata; proc reg data=sc.mydata; model Exam=Test Anxiety Preparation Notes; where Score NOTIN(10,20) ; proc print data = set; run; The observations are still in the new "set" dataset but in the output window these observations dont appear. Kindly guide what do i need to chnge in the ab...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset. #3
Here's another option using julian dates: %macro julday(year); %do i=1 %to 365; data _null_; day=datejul(&year*1000+&i); date=put(day,yymmddn8.); call symput("yymmdd",date); put day= date=; run; %put yymmdd=&yymmdd; proc append base=file_history new=file&yymmdd.;run; %end; %mend; %julday(2007); At 11:44 AM 1/18/2008, Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> wrote: >On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:06:01 -0800, stulkem@YAHOO.COM wrote: > > >Thanks for your help in advance! > > > >I have hundreds of SAS datasets that I want to combine into one SAS > >dataset. > > > >For example, I want to set file20070101.sas7bdat - > >file20071231.sas7bdat (365 total files) into > >file_history.sas7bdat. > > > >How can I write this into a macro or array or whatever will work so I > >don't have to write each individual file name?? > > > >Thanks again! > > > >Mark > >You must provide some rule or process which SAS can use to discover the >names of the data sets to be processed. > >Here is how I might deal with the example (one file for each day of a >calendar year): > > data _null_; > call execute('proc datasets library=mylib nolist;'); > call execute('delete file_history;'); > call execute('run;'); > do day = '01jan2007'd to '31dec2007'd; > call execute('ap...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset. #4

getting warning messages about gem obsolete
I uninstalled my old ruby (v 1.8521 I think it was), and installed 1.8522 (windows installer). When the interactive Ruby console comes up it states: C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead. It states this three times like above. Is there something I need to do ? Rae Rae wrote: > I uninstalled my old ruby (v 1.8521 I think it was), and installed > 1.8522 (windows installer). > When the interactive Ruby console comes up it states: > > C:0:Warning: requir...

Web resources about - How to get rid of warning message from proc dataset - comp.soft-sys.sas

Ballistic Missile Early Warning System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Site I- A United States Air Force facility at Thule Air Base , Greenland , ( 76°34′08″N 68°19′05″W  /  76.569°N 68.318°W  / 76.569; -68.318 ...

WARNING: Zeus Trojan Using Facebook Login Pages As Bait To Target Credit-Card Info
The Zeus Trojan is on the prowl again, hungry for credit-card information and other personal data, and Facebook is being used as the bait. continued… ...

Police ignored warnings about planned violent rampage
Victoria Police ignored credible warnings that a violent rampage was planned for Melbourne's CBD on Saturday night, despite holding recent discussions ...

Severe thunderstorm warning issued for east of Canberra
... storm is expected to pass to the north and east of the ACT on Monday afternoon. The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe storm warning, ...

Nishiazabu sounds ominous warning for Easter
TALENTED South Australian jumper Nishiazabu stamped himself as a serious contender for the upcoming Oakbank Easter Carnival after an impressive ...

I'm A Celebrity ignored warnings from animal welfare groups when using lion cubs
Ten producers were warned the cubs they were using were being commercially trafficked, but network says it did nothing wrong.

Police ignored 'st' Triple-0 warning just hours before CBD rampage they now say was 'surprise'
Credible warning that violent rampage in Melbourne's CBD was brewing was brushed off by senior Victoria Police officers just hours before Saturday ...

South China Sea: US warning 'might makes right' imposed on Asia
A resurgent trend of "might makes right" has settled over vulnerable waters in the South China Sea, the commander of the US Pacific fleet has ...

Samsung talks up Galaxy S7 preorders while warning that phone biz is in trouble
There were mixed messages out of South Korea on Friday as Samsung , the world's top smartphone vendor by shipment volume, officially launched ...

Valeant Plunges Most Ever on Forecast Cut, Warning Over Debt
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares plunged Tuesday in their worst day ever, falling 51 percent after the company cut its 2016 ...