Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files can b

To SAS-Lers (specifically OpenVMS Users),

Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can
create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these
external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly?

Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver
wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel.
That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is
loaded into a single cell within Excel.

To fix this problem, we are able to use an "Convert/FDL" that will convert
our current files with "variable length" and "Fortran CC" to "STREAM_LF"
formats.

Was hoping we could use a SAS option to do this without having to modify
our current application code.

Have not been able to find any such option as yet.

Thanks,
Charles Patridge
The Hartford
Email: Charles.Patridge@thehartford.com
Phone: 860-547-6644

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files c
Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: > Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can > create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these > external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? > > Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver > wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. > That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is > loaded into a single cell within Excel. > > T...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files ca
We don't have SAS/Intrnet on OpenVMS, so that problem didn't come up here, but I had a similar problem with creating files I wanted to ZIP later - a text file in the standard OpenVMS format can't be ZIPped, transferred to Windows, UNZIPped, and read there (not easily, anyway). The file needed to be in stream format before it was ZIPped. My workaround was to create an empty stream-format file and append to it; SAS is smart enough to figure out that the appended data need to be in stream format also. -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Departm...

CONVERTING a ".sas" file into ".dat" file
hello , i use the codes first to import from excel and second to convert from .xls to .sas format .But I need to have the data in .dat format.Kindly guide :- (1) PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.MARCH DATAFILE= "c:\Sas\MARCH.xls" DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE; SHEET="march$"; GETNAMES=YES; MIXED=NO; SCANTEXT=YES; USEDATE=YES; SCANTIME=YES; RUN; (2) * convert the excel file into a SAS data file and put it into a directory "c:\Sas"* libname dis "c:\Sas"; proc import datafile="C:...

Re: CONVERTING a ".sas" file into ".dat" file
hi ... just one suggestion (addition) to the code put _all_; writes values preceded by the variable names, plus the SAS automatic variables data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put _all_; run; Name=Alfred Sex=M Age=14 Height=69 Weight=112.5 _ERROR_=0 _N_=1 Name=Alice Sex=F Age=13 Height=56.5 Weight=84 _ERROR_=0 _N_=2 make one addition ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put (_all_) (:); run; Alfred M 14.0 69.0 112.5 Alice F 13.0 56.5 84.0 and another idea ... if you want the data aligned in columns ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); pu...

can the command "dir" display the "file verison" of a file?
I would like to use DOS command to display the "file verison" of a file, and I have checked with the "help", it seems "dir" does not have this parameter. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot <mander.lala@gmail.com> wrote: >I would like to use DOS command to display the "file verison" of a > file, and I have checked with the "help", it seems "dir" does not have > this parameter. What "file version" is that? DOS-files doesn't have any such thing. If you mean the build-version in a PE/Win execu...

How can I read the "file created date" info for a file?
Fileinfo.vi can read the file info modified date. Is there any vi simular as fileinfo.vi that can read the file info of "file created date"? Grab the attached VI's from my answer on <a href="http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=137&HOID=50650000000500000011450100&HTHREAD=000083217&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0">this</a> discussion. It does what you want, but only works on Windows. Ed ...

can we convert "M-file" to simulink bloc ".Mdl" file
Hello, can we convert "M-file" to simulink bloc ".Mdl" file for example : block with two input and one output and I added the inside of the block There are multiple ways to call m-code from within Simulink. See http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/simulink/ug/bszo62g.html for one example. Phil. ...

Can't do "gem update --system"
Hi, I've update the software on my linux box ( v4 to v5.0 http://clarkconnect.com/ ) upgrade something has gone screwy with my Ruby installation on the machine. Any ideas? My ruby/rails installation was working fine until I did the Linux update. Gem Update Affected (not that the 'md5.so' is actually there in the directory) [root@home ~]# gem --version 1.3.1 [root@home ~]# ruby --version ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux] [root@home ~]# [root@home ~]# gem update --system /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/digest/md5.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object ...

Re: Use Windows Explorer "selected files" as input to SAS program. #8
This does seem promising but I see a suspicious looking 2048 in the program the same as the VB Script limit imposes On 9/12/07, Mike Rhoads <RHOADSM1@westat.com> wrote: > My two rules for this type of question: > > 1. Think about using the SAS interface to the WinAPI routines. > 2. Check Richard DeVenezia's excellent web site to see whether he has a > sample that may be exactly what you want. > > I think you are in luck. Check out the sample for GetOpenFileNameA at > http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/sas/sascbtbl/ > > Mike Rhoads > Westat > Rhoa...

running a sas file within a sas file
Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck with the usual help sources. I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. So sas file 1 looks like this... data data; x = 2; ***How do I invoke sas file 2 which sets y = 3 here???*** run; Thanks!!! On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: > Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck > with the usual help sources. > > I just wa...

Help with calling external exe file with matlab, getting "can not open file:"
Hi all, I have a simple matlab script that creates the input file for an external programme, and then wanted hoped to call said programme; I keep getting the following message:"can not open file:" The script creates a file called input.txt which is read by GEV_Gumbel.exe. I need to run this a couple of hundred times so I really need to get it to work. I have tried the following ways to call the programme: eval(['!C:\GEV\GEV_Gumbel.exe']); and !C:\GEV\GEV_Gumbel.exe' I hope someone out there can help me here, either help with a different approach or point ...

INI file to change "File Locations...", or settings file? Where is this info stored so that we can edit quickly?
Is there someplace where we can change file locations in a settings file, like an INI, rather than manually changing the location, a task that is quite tedious through the FILE > PREFERENCES > FILE LOCATIONS .... After an OS wipe/reinstall, I let Windows XP Pro decide which drive letters to use since changing them myself in the manager doesn't work. XP likes to have its own way and sooner or later, it's been my experience, it just reverts back to what IT wanted <g>. The downsize is that I then have manually change all the paths in the file locations. Was hoping if there ...

INI file to change "File Locations...", or settings file? Where is this info stored so that we can edit quickly?
Is there someplace where we can change file locations in a settings file, like an INI, rather than manually changing the location, a task that is quite tedious through the FILE > PREFERENCES > FILE LOCATIONS .... After an OS wipe/reinstall, I let Windows XP Pro decide which drive letters to use since changing them myself in the manager doesn't work. XP likes to have its own way and sooner or later, it's been my experience, it just reverts back to what IT wanted <g>. The downsize is that I then have manually change all the paths in the file locations. Was hoping if there ...

Autoexec.sas file Dm"pgm;zoom;"; doesnot wrk in SAS 9.2
Hi sas users: I use this autoexec.sas file to start sas where it will show the prog editor in full screen window not in 2 windows screen. here is the code in it: x 'c:' ; x 'cd c:\' ; x 'cd c:\sasdata'; FILENAME XF 'C:\SASDATA' ; DM "PGM;"; DM "ZOOM ;" ; what is wrong? thanks Dr. Jamil Ibrahim, Ph.D. Scientist IV Professor , SHRP Research Supervisor Univ. Of Miss. Med. CTR. 2500 N state St Jackson, MS 39216 Tel. 601-984-1197 Fax 601-984-1205 Nternet: jibrahim@acadaff.umsmed.edu The information contained in the attachment(s) to...

Web resources about - Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files can b - comp.soft-sys.sas