Left and Right axis

We have been able to print a left and right axis in PROC GPLOT.

Can this be done in PROC GCHART (VBAR).

We have a group with high numbers on one side of the graph.
The other side has low numbers.

The high side dwarfs the low side and we have been requested
to provide a different axis on the right side of the graph.

Edward Gano wrote:
> We have been able to print a left and right axis in PROC GPLOT.
>
> Can this be done in PROC GCHART (VBAR).
>
> We have a group with high numbers on one side of the graph.
> The other side has low numbers.
>
> The high side dwarfs the low side and we have been requested
> to provide a different axis on the right side of the graph.

GCHART has one axis.

So, you have a visual image that aims to demonstrate the differences in two
groups... and you want the differences to not be so apparent ?
Perhaps not a good idea, but you would have to preprocess the data to change
the values of what is being charted.
Instead of tweaking the visualization, perhaps just a simple tabulation
listing the numbers (with traffic highlighting) is sufficient.  Let the
audience supply their own internal visualization of the groups differences.

Definitely state the conditions of the scaling, otherwise you are
effectively, um, err, uh, lying.
You would have to annotate right edge of procedure output frame to indicate
scaling effect.

data foo;
  retain seed 20040513;
  do group = 100, 10;
    do sub = 'a', 'b', 'c';
    do count = 1 to 100;
      y = group + group/2 * rannor(seed) ;
      output;
    end;
    end;
  end;
run;

ods listing;
goptions ftext='Arial';

proc gchart;
  vbar sub / group=group subgroup=sub type=mean sumvar=y width=10;
run;

data foo2;
  set foo;
  if group=10
    then yscaled = y * 8;
    else yscaled = y;
run;

proc gchart;
  vbar sub / group=group subgroup=sub type=mean sumvar=yscaled width=10;
run;

--
Richard A. DeVenezia
http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/sas/samples