Looking for a SAS resource on long term contract

I am looking for someone with the following back ground for a long term
contract position with a Fortune 500 company in Norther NJ.

SAS 9.1
Developing applications using SAS 9.1 - UNIX environment and PC
Must have good knowledge of the following for both environment
SAS/STAT
SAS/GRAPH
SAS/CONNECT
SAS/IntrNet
SAS/ACCESS interface to ORACLE
SAS BI tool -some exposure
Familiar with UNIX and Windows operating system - write some scripts
cron or batch files
Some webdevelopment experience with JAVA tools would be nice
Good interpersonal skills

If you are interested, send your resume to HR@jascomputing.com

If you are interested, please send your resume to HR@jascomputing.com

Re: SAS Systems Analyst: Long term contract in Jacksonville #3
Art, I looked at the link you posted. The specs areexactly the same, except that posting had the recruiter's name, recruting compnay name and the pertinent comporate contact info. This ad will most like attract many more responses that the one posted on here where the poster evaded reveiling his identity and the company he represented. One day this recruiter will learn that obfuscation and/or deception destroy trust and implicitly imply possible dishonesty. Trust is paramount in honest business. Ray On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Arthur Tabachneck<art297@netscape.net> wrote:...

SAS Programmer in Phoenix, AZ for Long Term Contract (NOT OPT EAD/F1 please)
Position: SAS Programmer Location: Phoenix, AZ Duration: Long Term Contract Responsibilities: This is a challenging position for a senior SAS Programmer who has advanced= end to end system development experience and works as a member of highly s= killed SAS and Unix development team which develops new applications, data = warehouses, utilities and tools in SAS on Unix/Linux platform. - Minimum 5 years of base SAS/Macro programming experience, with excellent = skills in new application development using Base SAS and Macros. - Unix (K-shell scripting) experience is a requirement whi...

looking for a SAS contract
My contract expires. I am looking for a new project. However, there are not many openings listed in the websites like Monster/Hotjobs/Careerbuilder/Dice.com If you know any opening or any website specific for SAS contract jobs, please kindly let me know. Many thanks, Tom ...

Re: looking for a SAS contract
Hi Tom and Peter, Not sure whether this site helps. http://www.sas-jobs.com/list.asp Regards, Murphy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tom Smith Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 5:33 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: looking for a SAS contract My contract expires. I am looking for a new project. However, there are not many openings listed in the websites like Monster/Hotjobs/Careerbuilder/Dice.com If you know any opening or any website specific for SAS contract jobs, please kindly let me know. Many thanks, Tom ...

SAS-L Panel / SAS-L as a Resource for Learning
[This is part of a report on a panel discussion about SAS-L which took place during the 2003 NESUG conference. Partcipants: Paul Dorfman, Ron Fehd, Phil Mason, Barbara Okerson, Dianne Louise Rhodes, David Septoff] On the subject of SAS-L as a Resource for Learning ... Ron considers SAS-L to be the best resource he knows for a SAS user's professional development. Paul suggests using SAS-L as an exercise device. The idea is to read problem statements, formulate answers before seeing what others' responses are, then compare one's solution with those posted. David would like to se...

SAS CONNECT/SAS Display Manager or BASE SAS
Hi, We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to use BASE SAS (or SAS Display Manager) instead of SAS Enterprise Guide. But As you know Windows Server comes with only two terminal licenses. I see that we have SAS/CONNECT license (which came with BI suite). Can I install BASE SAS on PC and use SAS/CONNECT to run code on the server? Or Do we have to buy PC license for BASE SAS? What's options we have. Please help. Thanks On Oct 21, 8:11=A0am, abcu...@YAHOO.COM (Abc Unha) wrote: > Hi, > We have SAS EBI Server license. Many or our SAS Programmer wants to =A0us...

Re: SAS-L Panel / SAS-L as a Resource for Learning
"Howard Schreier" <Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV> wrote: >David would like to see more people post questions and answers >together. In other words, if one encounters a problem and solves it, >with or without SAS-L help, it is worthy to document that process for >the benefit of others. I do that occasionally, and so do others, but I've found that such posts usually seem to drop into a black hole. If there's no reaction, why bother? -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California...

Re: SAS-L Panel / SAS-L as a Resource for Learning #6
David L. Cassell wrote <<< pessimist: the glass is half empty optimist: the glass is half full engineer: it's a good thing I kept half my water in the emergency backup container >>> to which I add Statistician: First, we assume the glass is full. Peter ...

Looking For SAS Admin & SAS Architect _ Greenville, SC
Kindly Revert me at vinit.roy@nlbservices.com SAS Admin Location: Greenville, SC Duration : Long Term Project Essential Skill(s) SAS Base, SAS ADMIN Required Skill(s) Consulting (L1) , Consulting (L2) , Business Analytics (L1) , Business Analytics (L4) , Analytics Consulting (L1) Additional Skill(s) Unix Shell Scripting (L1) * Ability to conduct Consulting engagements, do requirements gathering fromcustomers, understand business need and articulate solutions. * Negotiation, Presentation Skills should be apt to showcase technology depth a...

Re: SAS-L Panel / SAS-L as a Resource for Learning #7
David, Peter, et al; Empty and full are Boolean expressions. How can it be half empty or half full? It can be half-way through the process of being emptied or half-way through the process of being filled, but half full? Consider, for the sake of argument, that half full and half empty exist, and that they are equal. 1/2 empty = 1/2 full Now, multiply each side of the equation by two. This is legal, isn't it? 2 * (1/2 empty) = 2 * (1/2 full) --> empty = full. Happy New Year to all. Ed Edward Heaton, Senior Systems Analyst, Westat (An Employee-Owned Research Corporation), 1600 Research Boulevard, Room RW-3541, Rockville, MD 20850-3195 Voice: (301) 610-4818 Fax: (301) 610-5128 mailto:EdHeaton@westat.com http://www.westat.com -----Original Message----- From: Peter Flom [mailto:flom@NDRI.ORG] Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 12:57 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS-L Panel / SAS-L as a Resource for Learning David L. Cassell wrote <<< pessimist: the glass is half empty optimist: the glass is half full engineer: it's a good thing I kept half my water in the emergency backup container >>> to which I add Statistician: First, we assume the glass is full. Peter ...

Re: SAS-L Panel / SAS-L as a Resource for Learning #2
I for one have great value in teh SAS-L. Given my companies severly outdated and often masochistic view towards continual education especially in SAS and their reluctance at best to send any one to a SUGI conference or even to let one go one on their own dime, I have have to rely on other sources for my SAS learning. SAs-L is just one of a handle full of places I go for ideas and information on how to improve my existing and future code. One of the stark realities that I have come to learn over the past year about SAS is that its not as much the luanguage that makes it so great as the people...

SAS Certified Programmer Looking for Data Analyst or SAS programmer opportunity
Hi, I am currently looking for opportunities in Data Analyst using SAS or SAS programming. As a SAS Certified Programmer I had worked for 6 years in the IT field as Software and Marketing Manager. I have recently finished a training program in Statistical System SAS from Metro College of Technology, Toronto. I have good experience working with SAS, Oracle. I am also very highly skilled at Microsoft Word, Excel,Access and PowerPoint. I am able to understand users�� requirements and am known for innovative but simple solutions which please my customers. I have used various techniques to create datasets from raw material and to clean and prepare that data for further analysis. I have dealt with data from many incompatible sources and managed to import it into SAS datasets. I have used Macros, Advanced, STATS and other modules of SAS to analyze data and create reports. If anyone wants me provide resume or addional information, please contact me at (416) 829 6001 or kongj2000@hotmail.com. Looking forward to opportunity. Best Regards, James Kong --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- ...

Re: SAS memory usage (was How long can a single line of sas code
Puddin', I ran the test using SAS 9.1.3 DM under AIX. I know not precisely how fast the six processors are there or how much RAM the whole thing has. I know that I have had no problem sticking all the dimensions of a large DW (summarily worth perhaps 3-4 gig) into hash tables in a single DATA step, so I reckon RAM was not a problem in our context. As far as the memory usage per variable is concerned, that is what the log told me, so I sold it for what I bought it... Kind regards ------------ Paul Dorfman Jax, FL ------------ > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Pudding Man > Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 3:46 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: SAS memory usage (was How long can a single line of > sas code be?) > > On 12/16/05, Dorfman, Paul <paul.dorfman@fcso.com> wrote: > > On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 04:30:28 -0800, RolandRB > <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM> > > wrote: > > > > >What is the maximum length for a single line of sas code? I am > > >thinking of a massive retain statement that lists all the > variables > > >in a dataset with perhaps hundreds of variables. Come to > think of it, > > >what is the maximum number of variables for a dataset? > > > > Roland, > > > > The limit of 2**15-1=32767 in a data set (but NOT in the PDV) had > > existed in pre-V9. Nowadays it is o...

Short Term SAS Contract
IMS Health Germany are looking for a SAS consultant for a short term = project through end of July. Required skills: -PC SAS / Windows experience: 5+ years -Base SAS / Macro in depth knowledge -SAS/Access to PCFF -ODS/HTML -analytical, ability to translate highly complex business rules into programming specifications -teamplayer -good verbal and written communication skills / English or German =20 Preferred skills: -Pharmaceutical industry experience -Mainframe SAS/JCL experience The work involves about 2/3 analysis of business rules and 1/3 = programming. The job is located in Frankfurt, ...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
Sick joke, not funny. You would have thought that adding the 9 tag to the exam would have meant testing the ability of using version 9. Not so. The exam doesn't test the ability of version 9. It doesn't even test the ability of using SAS. It tests one's ability of guessing the right answer, because on a lot of the questions that's all you can do. We cannot take material out of the test centre, so I am relating these issues from memory, but 42 is the answer to the Universe, and this one did stick in my memory. Question 42: Correct answer: None of the above. They have swapped the value of one of the observations around and there is no option in the A-D to do that. At least two other questions return a different sort order to the input, with no sort order in the options. After coming across question 42, I almost walked out. But I had been preparing for this exam for weeks, and I was determined to see it through to the end. Plus I don't like throwing money away. You might call me bitter: Failed the exam by 2%, that is just one guess wrong. I normally have problems with multi-guess exams, the only exception being IQ tests which I normally score quite high on. But as with the IQ tests, this SAS advanced certification is totally meaningless. I came across a thread written some years ago, which the writers expressed the opinion that it doesn't count for anything at all. I had already paid for the exam by then, but if I had read that I wouldn't have p...

SAS Certified Programmer Looking for Data Analyst or SAS programmer opportunity with wage subsidy
Hi, I am currently looking for opportunities in Data Analyst using SAS and other analysis tools. As a SAS Certified Programmer I had worked for 6 years in the IT field as Software and Marketing Manager. I have recently finished a training program in Statistical System SAS from Metro College of Technology, Toronto. I have good experience working with SAS, Oracle. I am also very highly skilled at Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. I am able to understand users�� requirements and am known for innovative but simple solutions which please my customers. I have used various technique...

Re: SAS memory usage (was How long can a single line of sas code #2
On 12/18/05, Paul M. Dorfman <sashole@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Puddin', > > I ran the test using SAS 9.1.3 DM under AIX. I should have guessed, as you've presented AIX results numerous times ... > I know not precisely how fast the > six processors are there or how much RAM the whole thing has. I know that I have > had no problem sticking all the dimensions of a large DW (summarily worth > perhaps 3-4 gig) into hash tables in a single DATA step, so I reckon RAM was not > a problem in our context. > > As far as the memory usage per variable is concerned, that is what the log told > me, so I sold it for what I bought it... Well, 'twas what SAS reported. What else was there to present? The ballpark 60% increase in mem usage over W2k (and I presume XP) remains a mystery to po' me. The principal components of var-related usage (i.e. storage of formats, informats, labels, etc) are fixed across OS's? Spread across 1,000,000 array elements, I doubt that a difference in basic DATA step startup would explain very much of the difference. Suffice to say I am glad neither you nor I are paying for physical mem for AIX boxes out-of-pocket. Salut, Puddin' ***************************************************************** *** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ** *****************************************************************; > > -----Original Message----- > > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto...

long-term survival discrete hazard model in SAS
Dear All- I am interested in fitting a discrete hazard model with a long-term survival mixture, i.e. there is a portion of the units who will never experience the event. I wonder if any one has some SAS code/ examples to get me started. Specifically, my data is already in the unit-time period pair format. id time event x1 x2 1 1 0 1 2 1 2 0 1 2 1 3 1 1 2 2 1 1 0 2 3 1 0 2 2 3 2 0 2 3 3 3 0 2 1 3 4 0 2 3 For the discrete hazard part, I want to include x2 as a time-vary covariate, and for the mixture (long term s...

SAS-L Panel / SAS-L vs. SAS Institute Tech Support
[This is part of a report on a panel discussion about SAS-L which took place during the 2003 NESUG conference. Partcipants: Paul Dorfman, Ron Fehd, Phil Mason, Barbara Okerson, Dianne Louise Rhodes, David Septoff; also Ray Pass] On the subject of SAS-L vs. SAS Institute Tech Support ... Dianne noted that a real strength of SAS-L is that it functions 24 hours a day, seven days a week. She recalled a situation in which she helped somebody who had a project deadline on Christmas Eve. Ron pointed out that SI technical support sometimes is slower because problems often must be handed off, somet...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year.
I took the advanced exam this April because I wanted a relatively systematic way of assessing my knowledge of SAS in a short time span. For that purpose, it was worth it. Since I learn SAS by doing new tasks, or re-doing old tasks in a new way, I assume my knowledge of SAS is uneven, even though I am regarded as productive, and frequently creative in using SAS to solve our group's problems. I passed the test, with lower subscores on the components that I expected to be weakest on. I thought many of the questions made me think about some fundamental, sometimes subtle, features of the language. I did some guessing, but that was on my weaker topics. So the exam results, in my view, reflected something real. I agree, a prospective employer should not put much stock in SAS certification exams. Many highly effective people are not good test takers. Besides, this exam is a crude instrument. My score was identical to a colleague who still regularly asks me for guidance in finding solutions in SAS to specific problems. I probably know more SAS than he does (and he is a good SAS programmer), but you wouldn't know from the exam results. As to version 9-specific questions, I don't recall whether there was much material that was version 9 only. But I expected the test to be more oriented to "advanced" concepts than to new features of version 9. By the way, even though I passed, I can't get a SAS advanced certificate -- because I haven't taken the...

SAS 9 and SAS 8
Could someone send me the papers or articles that gives the differences between sas 8 and sas 9 and new function and changes in sas 9. Thanks http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/index.html and many proceedings at http://www.lexjansen.com On Nov 20, 3:28=A0pm, pausha <paus...@gmail.com> wrote: > Could =A0someone send me the papers or articles that gives the > differences between sas 8 and sas 9 and new function and changes in > sas 9. > > Thanks ...

SAS Maps / SAS graphs
We are looking for nice SAS graphs to post in the image section on AnalyticBridge. If you have produced such graphs, you are welcome to post them (it might require a sign up, but it's free). You can also rate the graphs posted by other participants. It's a good way to be noticed for the quality of your work. See http://www.analyticbridge.com/photo/photo to view the graphs currently posted (not all of them are produced with SAS). ...

SAS programming and SAS/BI

Web resources about - Looking for a SAS resource on long term contract - comp.soft-sys.sas

Resource Management Act 1991 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Resource Management Act ( RMA ) passed in 1991 in New Zealand is a significant, and at times, controversial Act of Parliament . The RMA promotes ...

Asylum Seeker Resource Centre in turmoil amid toxic culture claims
Australia's largest asylum seeker service is in upheaval after an exodus of its most senior staff and claims of a toxic work environment, mismanagement ...

Coalition hopes for resources-led budget recovery
The federal government is cautiously eyeing a windfall gain from soaring iron ore prices in recent days, fuelling hopes of billions of extra ...

Asylum Seeker Resource Centre in turmoil amid toxic culture claims
Australia's largest asylum seeker service is in upheaval after an exodus of its most senior staff and claims of a toxic work environment, mismanagement ...

How a trading strategy can include resource shares
Not all resource stocks are on the nose, says StocksInValue's David Walker, but you'll want to choose carefully.

Rona Ambrose Mocks Natural Resources Minister Not Invited To State Dinner 134
Burn. Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr was left to mind the store Thursday as several key cabinet ministers geared up to sip champagne in ...

10 Awesome DIY Interior Design Resources
... yourself to be the creative type, you may be surprised to find out just how creative you can be when you are using the right tools and resources. ...

Hickton: “Making Every Resource Available” In Wilkinsburg Probe « CBS Pittsburgh
The pain of Wednesday night's mass shooting in Wilkinsburg is still fresh.

"Fantastic Four," "Avengers" Artist Paul Ryan Passes Away - Comic Book Resources
"Fantastic Four," "Avengers" Artist Paul Ryan Passes Away - Comic book artist Paul Ryan passed away Sunday at the age of 66.

Camps are "an important resource for urban professionals"
Architects should study refugee camps like the Jungle in France, according to Sophie Flinder, who argues the camp has become a functioning town ...