Need help with SAS X command to restart to SAS Object Spawner in a SAS Stored Process.

Hi,

I am trying to restart the SAS Object Spawner via a SAS Stored
Process. If I test this code in Base SAS it works ok but when I use it
in a Stored Process and run it in SAS Enterprise Guide or the SAS
Webbapp it does not error but does not restart the Object Spawner.

The .bat file contains this

net stop "SAS Object Spawer"
net start "SAS Object Spawner"

I have enabled the x command which works ok as I can unzip a file on
the O/S (Windows 2003) from a SAS STP.

%let live=Yes;
%if &live=Yes %THEN %DO;
* Restart the SAS Object Spawner;
options noxwait xmin;
data _null_;
do;
call system('"cd c:\temp"');
call system('"RestartOB.bat"');
end;
run;
%end;

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lee
0
Lee

Just a few things I can think of (and may be not the relevant ones):
- What credentials are used to execute the command? And are they the
same for your working SAS session compared to the other ones?
- Isn't EG using the Object Spawner itself to connect to the SAS
Workspace Server? Wouldn't re-starting the object spawner with EG be
like sawing on the branch your sitting?
- Also the way (and credentials) a Stored Process or a Webapp are
executed are very likely different from your working SAS Session.
0
Patrick