not enough memory

Hi ,

I use proc model to estimate a hundred equations using=20

proc model data...
fit eq1 eq2 ..eq100/GMM

 And sas log says unable to allocate sufficient memory,need at least =
400mb more.

Which is strange, I have 4G physicaly memory on WinXP 32 using sas 9.2.  =
Surely I have 400mb of free memory. Just as an aside, Proc model =
actually prints out a memory usage chart which says it needs 800mb. So =
the total memory needed is just 800mb.

If I delete half of the equations, the program runs perferctly. I wonder =
if there is anyway to fix this. I tried memsize and buffersize but =
didn't work.=20

Thanks

Jinto83

SAS might need that memory in consecutive blocks. How big is your virtual
memory? Maybe it helps to allocate it bigger, so SAS might find bigger
consecutive memory amounts. The other question is, if XP can handle that.
Might be a adressing problem.
Gerhard