ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92?

Hi there,

The following code when runs on v8.2 will generate a one-page report with
a table on top and a figure on the bottom. But a two-page report with
first page as the table and second page as the figure if runs on v92,
which basically means the startpage=never dosen't work anymore. I have a
routine report based on the startpage=never, this change totally mess up my
report!

Is there a way to force v92 to behave as v82 for this matter?

Thanks

Ya

ods listing close;
ods pdf file="c:\temp\v9junk.pdf" notoc style=minimal;
ods pdf startpage=never;

proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;

goptions reset=all device=sasprtc horigin=1 in vorigin=1 in hsize=2 in
vsize= 2in;

proc gplot data=sashelp.class;
plot weight*height;
run;
quit;

ods pdf close;
ods listing;
0
ya.huang (1962)

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92?
Utilize the ODS Layout feature to get the desired text, graphics all in one page. You can refer to this SUGI paper<http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi28/148-28.pdf> . Code: ods listing close; ods pdf file="abc.pdf" notoc style=minimal startpage=never; ods layout start; proc print data=sashelp.class; run; goptions reset=all device=sasprtc horigin=1 in vorigin=1 in hsize=2 in vsize= 2in; proc gplot data=sashelp.class; plot weight*height; run; quit; ods layout end; ods pdf close; ods listing; AkshayA! On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Ya Huang <ya.huang@amylin.com> ...

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? #3
Hi Andre, I read the doc and noticed the same line: "specifying STARTPAGE= NEVER might cause graphics to overprint" In other word, SAS never committed "NEVER" will behave consistently :-( Too bad, I may have to make many changes to some validated codes. Ya -----Original Message----- From: Andre Wielki [mailto:wielki@ined.fr] Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 2:35 AM To: Huang, Ya Cc: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? Ya, I agree with you that some ods pdf functionning has changed but the use of never yes and now...

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? #4
I have used ODS Layout as described in that paper and it is indeed very nice. HOWEVER, be forewarned that what is described there may not work in 9.2. I created (what I thought) was a simple layout where the page was divided into four equally sized regions (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right) where I positioned graphs in the top right and bottom left, and proc reports in the other two quadrants. I did that in 9.1.3. When I tested it in 9.2 the graphs were not positioned even close to where they should have been. I reported the problem to SAS TS in December and they still have not...

Re: ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? #2
Ya, I agree with you that some ods pdf functionning has changed but the use of never yes and now has always being not generating evident pageskipping the lessons are, i think 1)yes or now has not the same effect in ods pdf 2)creating first a graph on a pdf page permit the addition of another tabular result which will be added from the head of the page but if you must put many graph on a pdf page follow a reasonnable sequence from top to bottom ====================== yours modified=========== ods listing close; ods pdf file="d:\temp\v9junk.pdf" notoc style=minimal; *ods pd...

Weird problem with ODS PDF
Hi All, I've got a weird problem, which might be SAS 9.2 (windows) only. I output a PDF file (using ODS PDF), then I search in the PDF using find, in either acrobat reader or a 3rd party reader. But I don't find what I'm looking for. Specifically, if I search for "Q" (without speech marks) I find lower case d. If I search for "1" I find lower case a. And if I search for "Q1" I don't find anything (even though there are lots of Q1s in the PDF file). Has anyone else come across this? Is there a solution? It's difficult to search the suppo...

SAS TIP: Using Noprint and Ods output together? Doesn't work!
Have ever used the ODS OUTPUT statement to put output into a SAS dataset and then used the noprint option so that the output does not print in the output window? If so, then you know that this does not work. The SAS dataset is empty! The noprint option prevents output from going to any ODS destination, so you cannot use it. However, if you do not want your output to print in the output window, then there is an alternative. ODS Listing Close; This statement prevents any output from showing in the output window, but still allows the ODS OUTPUT statement to s...

OVRPRTF used to send IFS pdf file to a OS/400 printer via FTP doesn't work anymore
Hi everybody, I need to send raw data from an IFS pdf file to a OS/400 printer able to print pdf files. What I did is creating a *USERASCII printer: CRTPRTF FILE(mylib/myprinterfile) DEVTYPE(*USERASCII) Then, everytime I need to print an IFS pdf file I had done the following: OVRPRTF (mylib/myprinterfile) DEV(physical printer) then, using ftp directly from FTP command or Scott Klement's FTPAPI in RPGLE programs, > namefmt 1 > bin > put /ifspath/ifspdffile.pdf /QSYS.LIB/mylib.LIB/myprinterfile.FILE It had been working fine for a couple of weeks. Then, I ha...

Cisco 7960 upgraded to firmware 6. Now pw 'cisco' doesn't work anymore! ;-(
Hi! I have a problem here. A Cisco 7960 that I used to be able to unlock with password 'cisco' doesn't accept it anymore now that it's upgraded to P0S3-06-0-00! Does this firmware version perhaps have different default password? Or is it possible for me to configure the password in one of the config files it gets from the TFTP? Regards, Evert evert@meulie.net (Evert Meulie esq.) wrote in message news:<7856bc24.0407260131.53037989@posting.google.com>... > Hi! > > I have a problem here. A Cisco 7960 that I used to be able to unlock > with password '...

iproute2 fwmark doesn't work (or iptables --set-mark doesn't)
Hi, I just subscribed this group. Hello everyone! I have a problem with setting up routing. In short, I want to mark certain packets with iptables and then catch these marks with iproute2. However Linux seems to ignore these marks. I have a 3.11.4 kernel with CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER and CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES set. Here's my setup: - eth0: LAN - IP 192.168.0.1, netmask /24 - It connects to the LAN - eth1: WAN - IP 192.168.1.180, netmask /24, gateway 192.168.1.1 - It connects to the Internet - tap0: VPN (created with OpenVPN) - Local IP 172.24.25.4...

My GUI which worked last week doesn't work anymore.
I have a bunch of GUIs I need to work with, and last week they all worked fine, but this week whenever I use a pushbutton inside a GUI, or try to plot on axes, I get an error mesage similar to this: (This comes from a very simple gui with one button and a text box which congratulates you when you push the button, very old code made when I was learning GUI basics, it used to work just fine) ??? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array. Error in ==> button>pushbutton1_Callback at 80 set(handles.text1, 'String', 'Congrats, you have pushed the button') Error in =...

Can't get sqlite3.Row working: keyword lookup doesn't work
Hello, using Python 2.7.6 I try to access a sqlite database using keyword lookup instead of position (much more easy to maintain code), but it always fail, with the error: Index must be int or string I have created the database, populated it, and here is the code that tries to retrieve the information: with sqlite3.connect(mydbPath) as db: # open the database db.row_factory = sqlite3.Row cursor = db.cursor() cursor.execute("SELECT * FROM files") for row in cursor.fetchall(): print(row.keys()) print(row["filename&qu...

Jeff Doesn't Like Pizza; Jeff Doesn't Like In-House Working Peripherals
Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. Jeff can't order a delicious pizza from the Web. He won't call the Geek Squad to fix his broken trackball. Meanwhile, Linux service explodes with In-Home Fixit People. Get these People to Fix the Track Ball ! Jeff (!) begin Steve Zissou (JBailo) nymshifted: > > Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. > < snip > Fine, JBailo. So this idiot has felt the need to be mentioned again. You, in your infinite idiocy, naturally did his wishes. Idiot -- Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall. Hi ...

Re: Weird problem with ODS PDF
Problem Note 32003: Text searches return different results in PDF files created by ODS PDF http://support.sas.com/kb/32/003.html The Details section for the note clarifies that "different" means "not correct". ;-) Fortunately, a hot fix is available. Search strategy -- I searched in Samples and SAS Notes for the words ODS, PDF, and search. HTH! Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jeremy Miles Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 1:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Weird p...

why 'for' doesn't works as it should?
hi, i've got a little code: for ii=4:5 % splines in p-form splineP = GlobalData.SplineFit{ii}; % splines in B-form splineB = fn2fm(splineP, 'B-'); z(ii) = {splineB} z(1) end and what is strange in this is that this 'for' counts from 1:5! z shows me: z = [] [] [] [1x1 struct] [1x1 struct] and z(1) shows {[]} but splineB and splineP shows me only things for ii=4 and ii=5 then i need to put them in one 'thing' so i made: z(ii)= ...

Web resources about - ods/pdf startpage=never doesn't work anymore in v92? - comp.soft-sys.sas