Probit dose-response model with second, random main effect

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Can anyone suggest a way in SAS to fit a probit dose-response
regression model with a second main effect, e.g.,

probit(response) = f(dose, lab, error)

where lab is a random effect?

Proc probit will allow the second main effect, but not, as far as I
can see, as a random effect.

There are so many procs (MIXED, NLMIXED, GLM...) I'm not sure where to
look.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John Uebersax
0
Reply jsuebersax (61) 3/9/2010 12:12:57 AM

See related articles to this posting

On 9 Mrz., 01:12, John Uebersax <jsueber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a way in SAS to fit a probit dose-response
> regression model with a second main effect, e.g.,
>
> probit(response) = f(dose, lab, error)
>
> where lab is a random effect?
>
> Proc probit will allow the second main effect, but not, as far as I
> can see, as a random effect.
>
> There are so many procs (MIXED, NLMIXED, GLM...) I'm not sure where to
> look.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> John Uebersax

Dear John,
as your response is binary, you should use PROC GLIMMIX. It allows a
probit link for the linear predictor and random lab effects.
PROC NLMIXED would also be an option, however, you would have to code
the probit likelihood yourself. PROC MIXED is only suited for
continuous responses.

Hope that helps,
Oliver
0
Reply Oliver 3/9/2010 7:59:52 AM
comp.soft-sys.sas 131327 articles. 29 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

difference between fixed effect model and random effect model
Hi, What is the difference between a fixed effect model and random effect model when the data have a multilevel structure, individuals within countres (2 level for example) if I have Y as a continuous depedent variable and X1 a categorical variable representing countries (10 countries for example), and X2,X3 are 2 continuous variables What will be the difference between Model1 (considering X1 as a set of dummy variables ) Model1: Y= X1 +X2+X3 +X1*X2+X1*X2 + e e: individuals residulas Model 2: Y= X2+X3 +v1*X2+w1*X2 + u1+e u1,v1 and w1 country residual (random intercept a...

Re: difference between fixed effect model and random effect model
>>> "adel F." <adel_tangi@YAHOO.FR> 5/18/2006 12:58 pm >>> wrote <<< What is the difference between a fixed effect model and random effect model when the data have a multilevel structure, individuals within countres (2 level for example) if I have Y as a continuous depedent variable and X1 a categorical variable representing countries (10 countries for example), and X2,X3 are 2 continuous variables What will be the difference between Model1 (considering X1 as a set of dummy variables ) Model1: Y= X1 +X2+X3 +X1*X2+X1*X2 + e e: individuals ...

Re: difference between fixed effect model and random effect model #3
adel_tangi@YAHOO.FR wrote back: >Thanks to all > Yes Peter > w1 and v1 are the terms for the interactions (random slopes) and u1 is >the term for the random intercept > > my understanding is if we have individuals within clusters, the first >model is not valid, because it doe not take into account the homogeneity of >the individuals within a cluster and consider them as independents (when >performing the estimation procedure for the parameters ) > > The second model take into account the association between individual >within a cluster and provides ...

Re: difference between fixed effect model and random effect model #2
Thanks to all Yes Peter w1 and v1 are the terms for the interactions (random slopes) and u1 is the term for the random intercept my understanding is if we have individuals within clusters, the first model is not valid, because it doe not take into account the homogeneity of the individuals within a cluster and consider them as independents (when performing the estimation procedure for the parameters ) The second model take into account the association between individual within a cluster and provides the within cluster and between clusters variation How much variation in the depen...

probit-probit and random effects
Hi; Does anyone know if it is accurate to use predicted values with Bayesian error terms in probit-probit models estimated with random effect? think you ...

main effect model and interaction model
Hi, Variable "age" was significant in multiple hierarchical regression for main effect model. So, I thought age was important for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, age was significant in multiple hierarchical regression for interaction effect model. I mean 1st step: traumatic experience --> significant 2nd step: age --> significant 3rd step: traumatic experience * age --> significant In this case, how can I interpret this result of age? Does the existence of interaction effect suggest that the data are more supportive of the interaction m...

Interaction Effect Without One of the Main Effects in Mixed Models
Hi, I am using a mixed model to determine if 2 independent variables (A, B) are interacting with each other. I am using proc mixed because I have to adjust for clustered data. When I include A, B, and A*B separately in 3 different model, they all are significant (p<0.05). However, when I include all 3 of them in the same model, only one (B) is highly signifcant. When I include, A and A*B in the model, then both A and A*B become highly significant. Does anyone know what this means? I think it might be a multicollinearity problem. Are there any instances where you can include just one...

random effect regression model
I tried to look for a function in matlab to perform random effect regression model. Or with an example in matlab using other functions would be great. If anyone knows such function, please let me know. Thanks in advance. paul wrote: > I tried to look for a function in matlab to perform > random effect regression model. Or with an example in matlab using > other functions would be great. > > If anyone knows such function, please let me know. > > Thanks in advance. STEPWISEFIT allows the specification of a fixed subset of predictors. You can randomly choose an additiona...

proc MODEL and RANDOM EFFECTS
Hello SAS-Users, has anyone experience with the use of the MODEL procedure in SAS and= estimation of panel data in a simultaneous equation system (estimated with= SUR) ? If so, I would be happy to get a look on the program code. I am struggling with the calculation of the random effects estimator. I= need the residual sum of squares divided by the number of observations= multiplied with number of periods per observations -1. The SSE (sum of squared errors) given in the output of the model procedure= for each equation, is it corrected by the number of observations times= number of per...

random effect model
I am trying to do the random effect model {on linear regression} on my dataset. I wonder if Matlab help document has something similar to it. Thank you for your suggestion ...

correlation coefficient in a random effects model
Hi all: I want to compute a correlation coefficient between the dependent variable and a fixed effects covariate compensating for the effects of a random factor. In standard OLS regression this is just the unstandardized regression coefficent times a scale factor (ratio of the estimated sd's of both variables) does the same computation apply with a random effects model or is it more esoteric? Thanks, Mark ...

pdiff versus main model effects
Hello Folks. This post may reflect a lack of statistical knowledge more than it does of SAS but any help would be appreciated. I am testing an effect of treatment in an unbalanced randomized block design. My overall main model treatment effects based on the P-values are rather strong (P<0.0001) but when I use the pdiff statement to determine differences between the 3 treatments none of them come up significant. In fact most of these p-values are all rather high (i.e. greater than 0.4). Isn't in unusual to find a main model effect significant and then nothing in the means comparisons? I ...

NLMIXED: Ordered Probit with Random Effects
I am trying to use NLMIXED to fit an ordered probit model with random time effects. The data-set has panel structure with 12,000 individuals and responses over 7 points in time (variable "year"). The observations have 6 (ordered) response levels (1 to 6) for response variable "rja". To give it a first try I used a single predictor variable, which has 6 levels, i.e.: I put 6 dummies ("k1" to "k6") into the model. In subsequent models I want to add continuous predictor variables. Here is the code: proc nlmixed data=data6; parms b1=0 b2=0 b3=0 b4=...

random effect model for binary outcome
Hi All, what sas procedure do you use for a random effect model if your outcome is binary? thanks ...

Random effects model: does it use REML?
Hello all, A question regarding how ANOVAN impliments a random effects model. Does it use an ordinary least squares (OLS) method, or does it use some form of maximum likelihood (say, restricted maximum likelihood, REML) method? I am not able to find much documentation about either references to publications or otherwise regarding how MATLAB implements random effects in ANOVAN. Thanks for the help in advance. -Madhu. > A question regarding how ANOVAN impliments a random effects model. Does > it use an ordinary least squares (OLS) method, or does it use some form > of maximum likeli...

Random Effects Model for Ordinal Data
I just talked to SAS Tech Support representative and she claimed that SAS cannot handle an ordinal response in combination with random effects. I find this hard to believe! In my situation I have an ordinal OUTCOME with three categories: I, II, and III. There are two predictors A and B. Each subject is assessed on all three measures multiple times, so I would like to treat subject as a random factor. In other words, run ordinal response regressions within each patient separately and then aggregate the outcomes across patients. >From what I've been able to find, proportional odds m...

matrix and crossed random effect models
Hello, I am stucked with a mixed ANOVA problem and hope that someone can help me: I have got an matrix of persons with a behaviour shown from A to B and B to A. I know from each person the gender and would like to do a mixed model ANOVA looking for gender differences between actors and receivers as well as for interactions A B C D ... A x 2 3 2 B 3 x 4 2 C 1 0 x 2 D 3 1 3 x .... My data sheet now looks like this: Actor Receiver Sex(actor) Sex(receiver) Behaviour A B m f 2 A C m f 3 A D ...

mixed (fixed and random) effect linear model
Which matlab function can perform mixed (fixed and random) effect linear regression model? "paul" <paultoti@xxx.com> wrote in message news:ef2aa48.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Which matlab function can perform mixed (fixed and random) effect > linear regression model? Paul, the anovan function can handle fixed and random effects in n-way anova. Until recently there hasn't been a way to include continuous predictors, but in the release just now available, anovan now supports an option to treat some of the inputs as continuous rather than categorical. -- Tom Are...

Re: pdiff versus main model effects
Opps I am very sorry for any confusion. I think I should have detailed my code better. I am running proc MIXED (common slope model) as below. (wt_in is a covariate). proc mixed data=UofS; class PEN GT; model ADGI = GT wt_in /noint solution ddfm=satterth; random pen; LSMEANS GT/pdiff; run; Paul Kononoff, PhD University of New Hampshire Durham, NH PH: 603-862-1815 Paul Kononoff wrote: > Opps I am very sorry for any confusion. I think I should have detailed my > code better. I am running proc MIXED (co...

Re: correlation coefficient in a random effects model
> I want to compute a correlation coefficient between the dependent > variable and a fixed effects covariate compensating for the effects of > a random factor. In standard OLS regression this is just the > unstandardized regression coefficent times a scale factor (ratio of the > estimated sd's of both variables) does the same computation apply with > a random effects model or is it more esoteric? Mark Chapter 7 of Snijders and Bosker's book "Multilevel Analysis" discusses issues with computing an R-square-like statistic in a model with a random effect (...

Random effects hurdle model
Hi, I have a conceptual question about a random effects hurdle model. Dataset: /************************/ Person Group Y 1 1 0 1 2 2 1 3 0 2 1 0 2 2 0 2 3 15 .. .. .. /***********************/ Would one need to account for person random effects on the count (e.g. Poisson) equation, if most people (>95%) only have a non-zero value for one level of "Group"? It seems to me that since the count (e.g. Poisson) equation is based solely on non-zero obser...

Proc glimmix for a crossed random effects model?
Hello everyone. I am not sure whether "Proc glimmix" works for a crossed random effects model. Especially I want to fit nonlinear model(ex. IRT model), so I will specify random effects for both respondents and items in IRT model. Is it possible to fit this kind of model with "Proc glimmix"? ...

Re: random effect model for binary outcome
GLIMMIX or maybe NLMIXED Peter -----Original Message----- >From: Sassy <AugustinaO@GMAIL.COM> >Sent: Mar 6, 2009 5:13 PM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: random effect model for binary outcome > >Hi All, > >what sas procedure do you use for a random effect model if your >outcome is binary? > >thanks Peter L. Flom, PhD Statistical Consultant www DOT peterflomconsulting DOT com ...

Mixed Models
Hi All; I'm running a repeated measures analysis within the mixed models module. The dependent variable is "temperature", repeated variable is "date", and subject grouping is "thermometer". I have two fixed factors ("treatment" and "slope") plus their interaction defined. I've added a random factor ("location") which is nested within one of the fixed factors (slope). I have 3 questions: 1. What is the repeated covariance type and which one should I use? I assume it has to deal with how the measurements over time ar...