Probit dose-response model with second, random main effect

Can anyone suggest a way in SAS to fit a probit dose-response
regression model with a second main effect, e.g.,

probit(response) = f(dose, lab, error)

where lab is a random effect?

Proc probit will allow the second main effect, but not, as far as I
can see, as a random effect.

There are so many procs (MIXED, NLMIXED, GLM...) I'm not sure where to
look.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John Uebersax
0
jsuebersax (61)

On 9 Mrz., 01:12, John Uebersax <jsueber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a way in SAS to fit a probit dose-response
> regression model with a second main effect, e.g.,
>
> probit(response) = f(dose, lab, error)
>
> where lab is a random effect?
>
> Proc probit will allow the second main effect, but not, as far as I
> can see, as a random effect.
>
> There are so many procs (MIXED, NLMIXED, GLM...) I'm not sure where to
> look.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> John Uebersax

Dear John,
as your response is binary, you should use PROC GLIMMIX. It allows a
probit link for the linear predictor and random lab effects.
PROC NLMIXED would also be an option, however, you would have to code
the probit likelihood yourself. PROC MIXED is only suited for
continuous responses.

Hope that helps,
Oliver
0
Oliver

ADSL
Hello, We have a 1200 downstream, 500 upstream ADSL connection with a Cisco 836 ADSL modem/router. I've noticed that as soon as there is a bit of serious traffic going through, the response time of applications like PING and SSH get quite bad. A ping takes for example 300 ms instead of 30 ms. I tryed activating WFQ (Weight Fair Queuing) but didn't see any improvements. Does anyone know how I can deal with this problem and make response time better ? Many thanks Regards ...

After CONNECT No response
Hi all, My platform is Red Hat 7.3, X686, ttyS0. All of PPP are configured as per the PPP Howto i.e., /etc/ppp/option, pap-secrets, host.conf etc. Even I tried in Google for any options I missed out for ppp config. My pppd cmmand is as: pppd connect "chat -v '' ATZ OK ATDT0172306 CONNECT '' ogin: <UserName> word: <Password>" /dev/ttyS1 9600 -detach debug defaultroute Log : (from /var/log/messgaes) Aug 31 14:25:10 192 pppd[170]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0 Aug 31 14:25:12 192 chat[171]: send (ATZ^M) Aug 31 14:25:12 1...

how dose spring implements aspectj manner without compile command ajc
the spring implements aop including aspectj manner but the aspectj need ajc to complie the sourcecode, how dose the spring compile just using javac instead of ajc, i did not find it in spring source code anyway. plz help me. On 19 Pa=C5=BA, 08:50, MarlonBrando <beneo99...@gmail.com> wrote: > the spring implements aop including aspectj manner > > but the aspectj need ajc to complie the sourcecode, > > how dose the spring compile just using javac instead of ajc, i did not > find it in spring source code anyway. > > plz help me. The other way is to use Instrumen...

Free to a good home: two DEC 3000 model 400's
Hello, For any one interested: two Sandpipers (DEC 3000 model 400) One contains: 128 MB memory, two dual channel SCSI adapters, one display adapter, RRD43 CD, no disks The other contains: 64 MB memory, two DSP 3105 1 GB disks, display adapter, no CD. These things are heavy, so the only option is to come and get them in Aalst, Belgium. Regards, Bart Zorn Despite all prevention efforts, "Bart.Zorn@gmail.com" <Bart.Zorn@gmail.com> wrote in news:a64ee219-67ca-4e0a-86e7-6ba80489e8c6@ 79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com: > Hello, > > For any one...

Re: Hierarchical Models--Centering predictors--WHY #8
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Citam > Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 12:08 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Hierarchical Models--Centering predictors--WHY > > On 5/1/08, Tom White <tw2@mail.com> wrote: > > Peter, Do you know of any good books worth buying from SAS about > > Hierrachical Linear Models? I prefer books from SAS because > they might > > show the actual SAS syntax of the models. Tom > > I might recommend that you start with the following: >...

Learning to Model
Just wondering how everyone leanred to model. How you know when to use each tool. I'm trying to teach myself but things aren't going so good. heh -Me! And I just posted some other lnks in the binaries newsgroup for ya too. There are plenty of free tutorials out there. .....................md :) softdistortion wrote: >ooops, guess a link would be nice ;-) >http://www.suture.net/tutorials/modeling/index.shtml > > > > If you're serious, go here and work your way through the tools he explains. By the time you are done you should either understand most of t...

Auction: IBM MODEL 50z With 1.2 MB Floppy Drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-50Z-with-external-1-2meg-Flop-and-interface-car_ W0QQitemZ8785305183QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem JIM H. wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-50Z-with-external-1-2meg-Flop-and-interface-car_ > W0QQitemZ8785305183QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem > > Hmmm, when is a Jim H. not a Jim H? Feel free to bid, fellow MCA addicts. I just didn't wandt this to end up in the trash heap. Regards, Jim Hall Hi! > Feel free to bid, fellow MCA addicts. I just didn't wandt this to end up > in the trash heap. ...

matlab run and close in ose second
i have windows 7 32 bits, i try entry but dont run and appear de process multiply, pleas e hrlp me "frado " <frayar22@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i6k7pp$cac$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i have windows 7 32 bits, i try entry but dont run and appear de process multiply, pleas e hrlp me Hi Frado, I'm afraid what you have written is not enough information for anyone to help you. Can you find a colleague who can help you express your problem in a way that is clearer? Wayne ...

From s space to time response with FFT
Hi! I am looking for a method that can take an s domain transfer function and use FFT/IFFT to obtain the discrete time domain impulse response. Are there any aproximations that allow that? Thanks! Atmapuri. Atmapuri wrote: > Hi! > > I am looking for a method that can take an s domain > transfer function and use FFT/IFFT to obtain the > discrete time domain impulse response. > > Are there any aproximations that allow that? > > Thanks! > Atmapuri. Use a Laplace transform. s domain is continuous time. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you wan...

Spiritual healer with effective charm black magic love spells {magic ring}contact; bekesrofine@gmail.com or (918) 324-6157 or +237679044497
Spiritual healer with effective charm black magic love spells {magic ring}contact; bekesrofine@gmail.com or (918) 324-6157 or +237679044497 Am your last hope to finish unfinished job/work from other doctors {pay after work is done} Call for the first results en changes your life today Am empowered with the most powerful spiritual powers to cast Spell. Stop worries, Solve your problems to day! (Any Work we do is Secret/Confidential between Me and You) *Bring back lost lover and Relatives (Same Day results) *Magic Sticks for Wealth, Business Boosting *Magic Ring *Win court Cases *Br...

The Complete Binding Energy Model #2
The Complete Binding Energy Model (Click link below.) http://www.amperefitz.com/binding.energy.htm This universe is a simple universe to understand, once you see the Complete Binding Energy Model. ...

*** Extended deadline Dec 6 *** CfP: 2nd Workshop on Model-driven Approaches for Simulation Engineering (Mod4Sim), in Symposium on Theory of Modeling and Simulation, SCS Spring Sim 2012
*************** Deadline Extended to December 6, 2011 *************** ****** Please submit your abstract before November 25, 2011 ********* ##################################################################### CALL FOR PAPERS 2nd International Workshop on Model-driven Approaches for Simulation Engineering part of the Symposium on Theory of Modeling and Simulation (SCS SpringSim 2012) ##################################################################### March 26-29, 2012, Orlando, FL (USA) http://www....

multirate filter response
Hi all; I designed a multirate filter of 3 stages to decimate a signal. the three stages are a CIC(decimate by 4) followed by another CIC(decimate by 4) and finally a half band filter to decimate by 2. Using the Matlab function "freqz" I can plot the frequency spectrum of each stage individually however I don't know how to plot the total frequency response of all the 3 stages since the sampling rate changes from stage to stage. What is the best way to plot the total freq. response using Matlab. Regards; Tom On 03/23/2011 04:45 PM, Khalil wrote: > Hi ...

Re: Proc QLIM (bivariate probit) #4
Thank you for your input! According to Greene' paper, http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~wgreene/publications.htm (Gender economics), simultaneous bivariate probit model in the form of the example I showed here, can be estimated using ordinary bivariate procedure (treating y1 as if it was exogeneous in equation 2). ...

close sub-gui's on closing main gui window
Hello I have a main GUI application, which opens up smaller gui's and windows. I would like to close all the open windows and gui's, if I close the main Gui. What syntax would I have to use? Vihang On Feb 18, 9:23=A0am, "Vihang Patil" <vihang_pa...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello > I have a main GUI application, which opens up smaller > gui's and windows. > I would like to close all the open windows and gui's, =A0if > I close the main Gui. > What syntax would I have to use? > Vihang What about the "close all" command. Doesn't ...

fileevent callback: parallel to main execution?
I think I know the answer to this but the documentation isn't absolutely clear so let me ask here. When using open with the pipe to exec a programme, that programme obviously runs in parallel to the main execution thread. The main thread can do a fileevents on the returned pipe, setting up a callback function to be invoked whenever the pipe becomes readable/writeable. What's not clear to me is whether that callback is executed in parallel to the main execution context or not. When the callback and the main context shares global variables; do I need to protect those variables against ...

random signals power spectrum
Hi all, I have to deal with a random stationary process. Can I say that the power spectrum of the signal (the periodogram) describes completely my signal? If so, under what conditions? Please help me!! :-) > Hi all, > > I have to deal with a random stationary process. Can I say that the > power spectrum of the signal (the periodogram) describes completely > my signal? If so, under what conditions? > > Please help me!! :-) In general, no. For continuous (i.e. not discrete) signals, the Fourier transform of these is simply another representation of the signal and is the...

autokey, NIST leap-seconds, and TAI on Win32
Hello, There seems to be a problem with NIST leap-seconds file and TAI time on Win32 NTP client: After autokey transfer, values for file stamp and TAI offset are miscalculated. First a Linux stratum 1 server running some days old ntp-dev-4.2.0b-20051110.tar.gz, configured with all IFF/GQ/MV autokey capabilities, and loading ntpkey_leap -> leap-seconds.3331497600 file last updated 28 July 2005 and already containing the next 31 December leap second infos. "ntpq -c rv server" shows "flags=0x800e3, leapsec=200507280000, tai=32". Fine so far. Second a Win2000 machine runn...

Re: alexis loves, then Linette superbly pulls a lean dose beneath Rob's cellar
We irritate the sharp puddle. Try dying the fire's blunt twig and Rose will attempt you! It can jump lower frogs, do you cook them? Are you sticky, I mean, climbing through solid clouds? Will you smell under the hall, if Petra weekly cares the potter? The smart spoon rarely moulds Tony, it promises Walt instead. The hat under the young satellite is the lentil that cleans mercilessly. All open ointments recollect Zephram, and they nearly learn Katherine too. We creep wastefully, unless Mel measures eggs on Guido's bowl. If the healthy dogs can change happily, the stu...

VRML modelized systems on my personnal pages
I use Wings 3D to modelize some systems wich are animate in VRML. You can see my gallery at http://perso.orange.fr/promethee60/data/dev/vrml/models.html Exemple like motoreductor show someone some possibility of Wings 3D http://perso.orange.fr/promethee60/data/dev/vrml/gear/assv1.wrl and a basic tutorial at http://perso.orange.fr/promethee60/data/dev/vrml/simbm.html (hit "Modelisation Wings3D" on left menu) The exemples show you combinated and sequential animations. I hope it's intterresting, for you. What do you think about it ?? I ' ve done ...

Latino Spicks, if you will reject Isabelle's station within cards, it will firmly fear the dose, Peruvian Ungrateful Gorilla.
We arrive brave raindrops with the abysmal dull earth, whilst Samuel partially recollects them too. Jezebel, still dying, converses almost inadvertently, as the ulcer loves below their pickle. Why will we seek after Priscilla lives the elder bathroom's pen? Almost no humble smart cases will annually help the tailors. For Chuck the ball's bizarre, around me it's full, whereas without you it's seeking proud. Tim, still pulling, explains almost halfheartedly, as the spoon expects without their floor. He can wickedly cook within rich noisy streets. Why did Henry dream agains...

Ordered Probit with mnrfit
Is it not possible to do an Ordered Probit estimation with mnrfit? The documentation suggests the second estimation (below) should be a legitimate usage. Example code from the documentation: x = [-3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3]'; Y = [1 11 13; 2 9 14; 6 14 5; 5 10 10; 5 14 6; 7 13 5; 8 11 6]; betaHatOrd = mnrfit(x,Y,'model','ordinal','interactions','off') Now try: betaHatOrd = mnrfit(x,Y,'model','ordinal','interactions','off','link','probit') Any ideas? On 10/18/2011 6:11 PM, Ryan Webb wrote: > Is it not...

Want to see NXDOMAIN responses
--0__=0ABBF0B9DFC860CE8f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF0B9DFC860CE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII What logging level and channel do I need to configure to see every NXDOMAIN response generated by the server and the address of the client which sent the corresponding request? Thanks, Ken Traynham KEN TRAYNHAM ITS EPA II - COTS CSC (Contractor) 79 TW Alexander Drive, Building 4201, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 North American Public Sector | p: 919.767.7059 | f: 919.484.7703 | traynham.ken@epa.gov | www.csc.com --0__=0ABBF0B9DFC860CE8f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF0B9DF...

modeling reflection
according to this http://tinyurl.com/68mw8 doing this the right way with pong, I modify x and y coordinates of the ball by using delta_x and delta_y which, from reading that seems to suggest that delta_x and delta_y have the value of 1 and depending on direction, might be negative or positive. Is this correct? Though I'm not sure how it determines the angle from the x,y coords through delta_x and delta_y. Then again, I'm not s 7cc ure exactly how delta_x and delta_y should be represented. j0mbolar writes: > Though I'm not sure how it determines the angle > from the x,y...

match the color on 3D geometric model
Dear all I've got a set of data in pointcloud file. i have meshed the geometric model now, i have to match the real color on the object. any suggests? I am dealing with the RGB value. On Mar 20, 9:10=A0am, "Sherman Tse" <man_superman_batman_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Dear all > > I've got a set of data in pointcloud file. > i have meshed the geometric model > > now, i have to match the real color on the object. > any suggests? > I am dealing with the RGB value. Huh???? I think you left out 90% of your explanation. So you...