Re: Can a SAS program call another SAS program

> From: David Fickbohm
> I am writing a report that counts the number of widgets produced by
> partners.   I have a small routine that finds the partners id
> number and
> name.  Obviously I could copy this code into my program and
> execute it.  I was wondering if there was a more elegant way
> of "Calling" a SAS program
> from within a SAS program.

> I am running SAS 8.1 in windows.

still!?!?
surely that is a typo: 9.1? i.e.: -The- 9.1==9.1.3

include it:

- - - subRoutineX.sas - - -
*...;
- - - subRoutineX.sas end - - -

- - - autoexec.sas - - -
filename Pgm ".";%*here;
options   source2;%*   echo %included statements;
options nosource2;%*notecho %included statements;
- - - autoexec.sas end - - -

- - - ProgramA.sas - - -
*...;
%Inc Pgm(subRoutineX);
*...;

- - - ProgramA.sas end - - -

\begin{advertisement}
I will be presenting a paper on two macros
ProgList and PutMvars
used to trace routine and subroutine calls
such as the above,
at SESUG in Nashville.
\end{advertisement}

Ron Fehd  the macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA
0
rjf2 (3342)