Re: Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset.

SASuser.co.kr a �crit :
> Hi ALL,
>
> Would you reply the question of subject?
>
> If yes, would you explain the method for convert?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chulgyu

Yes,
With the use of DBMSCOPY or STATTRANSFER
or inside the sas version 9.1.3 sp4

with

proc import datafile="d:\spss.sav" dbms=sav out=table;run;

The first two has advantage to capture the internal spss values
and to produce a proc format code quasi totally correct
(a missing ; at the end)

In the case of sas, you may see if in your work , you have a new formats catalog
and see if in your new sas file the correct formats are written
in the the data;
(It is not always the case).

I am just now working with one case of this kind to understand why
the produced formats names were erroneous and affected to the next variable.

HTH
Andre
--
Andre Wielki
INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques)

Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset.
Hi ALL, Would you reply the question of subject? If yes, would you explain the method for convert? Thanks. Chulgyu SASuser.co.kr a �crit : > Hi ALL, > > Would you reply the question of subject? > > If yes, would you explain the method for convert? > > Thanks. > > Chulgyu > > Yes, With the use of DBMSCOPY or STATTRANSFER or inside the sas version 9.1.3 sp4 with proc import datafile="d:\spss.sav" dbms=sav out=table;run; The first two has advantage to capture the internal spss values and to produce a proc format code quasi totally correct (a ...

Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset. #2
Good morning all! We've tried to tackle this problem in a number of ways as well. We could not use DBMS engines (on our SOLARIS box) and as all my data resided on in UNIX - moving files back and forth to a Windows machine to use STATTransfer was not feasible. So what we did was to create a script that would create a ..sas program from the .sps syntax file. This way we could also ensure that we had the proper SAS formats. Not exactly what you're looking for .sav -> .sas7bdat - but a different approach that does indeed work. Have a great day! Michelle ___________________________...

Convert an SPSS sav file to SPSS portable files so I can read in SAS
I was wondering if someone would be willing to convert a couple of very small (1200 records) SPSS *sav files to a portable file format so that I can build a SAS dataset from it. On Jan 13, 8:34=A0am, Takeadoe <mtonkov...@msn.com> wrote: > I was wondering if someone would be willing to convert a couple of > very small (1200 records) SPSS *sav files to a portable file format so > that I can build a SAS dataset from it. Assuming that you have SPSS, you can use SaveAs to create the SAS files directly. No need to go through the portable file format. Takeadoe <mtonkov...

Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Once you have assigned an xport libname you can read it in like a normal dataset. libname out xport 'C:\Documents and Settings\kdt\Desktop\class.xpt'; *- Create xport file; data out.class; set sashelp.class; run; *- Create work file from xport file; data work.class; set out.class; run; 2008/12/17 <pramila.sami@gmail.com>: > Hello All, > > Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport > files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. > ...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files c
Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: > Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can > create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these > external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? > > Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver > wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. > That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is > loaded into a single cell within Excel. > > T...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files ca
We don't have SAS/Intrnet on OpenVMS, so that problem didn't come up here, but I had a similar problem with creating files I wanted to ZIP later - a text file in the standard OpenVMS format can't be ZIPped, transferred to Windows, UNZIPped, and read there (not easily, anyway). The file needed to be in stream format before it was ZIPped. My workaround was to create an empty stream-format file and append to it; SAS is smart enough to figure out that the appended data need to be in stream format also. -- JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com Manager, Technical Development Metrics Departm...

Re: SAS file to SPSS file
Hi Toby - I know I've done this before more than once, but I don't have SPSS documentation here. I seem to remember SPSS reads a SAS cport file. Using an Access 2000 table as an intermediary might be a good route though, so you and whomever you're sharing data with can both have something to look at on the same platform, if there are translation difficulties with dates or other field definitions. SAS engines only read SPSS tables, they won't write directly to one. Good luck Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: Toby Dunn [mailto:...

Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files can b
To SAS-Lers (specifically OpenVMS Users), Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is loaded into a single cell within Excel. To fix this problem, we are able to use an "Convert/FDL" th...

Re: running a sas file within a sas file
Like Joep wrote: that seems to be the right thing for the macro facility. With %include you are very static. With the macro facility that could be very dynamic. The simplest thing is: you could provide the statements you want to insert as parameter: %macro doit(stmt1=,stmt2=); ..... &stmt1 ..... &stmt2 ..... %mend; %doit(stmt1=%str(y=sqrt(y);), stmt2=%str(if y<2 then y=2;) ); with many other things you can do, e.g. conditional creating of statements, naming variables by parameters, create multiple statements with macro loops and much more. On the other hand: if you wan...

Re: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file?
Miranda - What application is a .v5x file? Are saying a SAS v5.18 file? Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: miranda [mailto:mixiao@UCLA.EDU] Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 3:05 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to convert SAS file to .v5x file? Hi , Does anyone know how to alter SAS 8.2 data files to .v5x files? Thanks. ...

converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Hello All, Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. ...

Re: SAS file to SPSS file #3
Toby - I SPSS apparently reads an xport file, not a cport file - just use the xport engine: (found on SAS-L) libname tranfile xport 'c:\spss\tfile.dat' proc copy in=inlib out=tranfile memtype=data; select dfile; run; /* or however else you want to copy the data to the export library*/ In SPSS ------- get sas data='tfile.dat' hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: Toby Dunn [mailto:tdunn@OAKHILLTECH.COM] Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:13 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS file to SPSS file Has or does, anyone do...

Re: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File
See %include -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu]On Behalf Of tobyrathgeb@stanford.edu Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:42 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File Hi All I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code stored in a SAS file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Thanks Toby __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, an...

Re: Executing separate SAS File from Main SAS File #2
> From: tobyrathgeb > I was wondering if I can initiate execution of SAS code > stored in a SAS > file from my main SAS code. Help very much appreciated. Is this what you mean? *options source2; filename Project '.';*here; %Include Project(ProgramA); %Include Project(ProgramB); %Include Project(ProgramC); Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Web resources about - Re: Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset. - comp.soft-sys.sas

Minority Ahmadiyah Muslim group in Indonesia told: convert or be expelled
A minority Muslim group has been ordered to convert to Sunni Islam or be expelled from Bangka island, off the coast of Sumatra, in the latest ...

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

Ford patents rear wheel that converts into a unicycle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ford , Green Driving , Motorcycle , Electric Ford is thinking about allowing drivers to remove a rear ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...