From: Jack Hamilton [mailto:JackHamilton@firsthealth.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 1:22 PM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Bruce Johnson
Subject: Re: [SAS-L] Compressing data sets (was Re: [SAS-L])

A new way to read/write Excel files in 9.1 was mentioned at SUGI, but as I
recall it required a server running SAS/Access to PC File Formats.  It
wasn't SAS/Connect doing the reading and writing, just as SAS/Connect isn't
doing the remote reading and writing in a regular Connect session.
  Or are you thinking of something else?

--
JackHamilton@FirstHealth.com
Manager, Technical Development

>>> "Bruce Johnson" <bjohnson@SOLUCIENT.COM> 01/06/2004 10:02 AM >>>
"using SAS/Connect to read non-SAS files"=Reading and writing (for
example)
Excel files directly from SAS.

Bruce A. Johnson
bjohnson@solucient.com