Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets

Once you have assigned an xport libname you can read it in like a
normal dataset.

libname out xport 'C:\Documents and Settings\kdt\Desktop\class.xpt';

*- Create xport file;
data out.class;
   set sashelp.class;
   run;

*- Create work file from xport file;
data work.class;
   set out.class;
   run;

2008/12/17  <pramila.sami@gmail.com>:
> Hello All,
>
> Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport
> files into sas datasets. thanks in advance.

0
dorjetarap (477)

converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Hello All, Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. ...

Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset #4
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:28:20 -0800, rao <rao.bingi@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hi > >I am getting following error message. > >what I did > >I created a SAS Transport file by using "XPORT" engine and PROC COPY. >Then I moved the xxxx.xpt file into my company internal web site. Later >I just down loaded the xxx.xpt file. Strated converting into SAS >dataset. Iam unable to convert the xpt file back into SAS dataset. > >The error message > > >5 libname saslib 'C:\coder\import\'; >NOTE: Libref SASLIB was successfully assigned as fo...

Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset #3
rao.bingi@GMAIL.COM wrote: >I am getting following error message. > >what I did > >I created a SAS Transport file by using "XPORT" engine and PROC COPY. >Then I moved the xxxx.xpt file into my company internal web site. Later >I just down loaded the xxx.xpt file. Strated converting into SAS >dataset. Iam unable to convert the xpt file back into SAS dataset. > >The error message > > >5 libname saslib 'C:\coder\import\'; >NOTE: Libref SASLIB was successfully assigned as follows: > Engine: V8 > Physical Name...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset.
If you use the dictionary tables try Proc SQL - it will run much more quickly than a datastep: %let lib=YourLib; %let mem=file2007; proc sql noprint; select MemName into :MemList separated by " &lib.." from dictionary.tables where LibName=upcase("&lib") and MemType='DATA' and MemName eqt upcase("&mem"); quit; data &lib.File_History; set &lib.&MemList; run; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@L...

Re: SAS System Viewer 9.1 unable to open SAS datasets ( SAS 9.1.3)
A question in return: is your table from windows? compressed from another system? and specially with personnel formats hard coded inside? Andre msiddu2000 a �crit : > SAS System Viewer 9.1 was able to open datasets that were created by > V8 engine (SAS 8.2), but is unable to open datasets that are created > with V9 engine (SAS 9.1.3). > > Does this need SAS System Viewer to be upgraded ? > or > Something else needs to be done ? > > -- Andr� WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 m�l : wielki@ined.fr t�l : 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 ...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset. #4

Re: SAS
Chandu, You should be able to find some info in the SPD Engine section of the on-line documentation. HTH, Ken -----Original Message----- From: chandu.isi@GMAIL.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:03:00 -0700 Subject: SAS - 9; Partition of SAS Datasets. Hi All, Recently I heared from some of my friends...that SAS - 9 supports PARTITION of SAS datasets. I tried for getting syntax and some details, but couldn't able to get. Is anyone has any idea about the partitions of SAS datasets, if so can any one help me out on this? Thanks in advance. Chandu. _____...

Re: How to read a SAS log into a SAS dataset.
lazybone2k@GMAIL.COM wrote: > >Dear SAS-L listers, >This may be the millionth time somebody is asking this question " how to >read a SAS log into a SAS dataset?". I looked at previous posts and >gathered info from various SUGI papers and found a way to get the log and >read it. But i dont know for some reason its not working. Please help me. >I used a Proc printto procedure to print the log to a external file >location and try to read in the log and create a SAS dataset which will >contain info about Filename, Owner name, Group name, Elapsed time, CPU >t...

> From: Amar Mundankar > Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:10 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: What r the data types in SAS? in Base SAS , and SAS SQL > > Hi all, > What are the different data types in Base SAS and SAS SQL?? character, lengths from 1 to 32,000+ numeric: lengths from 2 to 8 dates are a subtype of numeric and are identified by their date, datetime, or time formats the new proc TSPL (Table Server Processing Language) supports ANSI data types: bigint, tinyint, etc. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/tsag/30878/HTML/default/a003 065339.htm http://s...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #15
Summary: Suggestions for maintaining large data set #iw-value=1 Chandra, You are essentially making a copy of a 50GB file every month. Of course, it takes long. Consequently you either have to copy the data more efficiently or modify how the data is stored and/or used. Have you looked at system options to make this as efficient as possible? Big buffers, many buffers. Different disk handlers for input and output would also speed up the process since it is mainly IO bound. (These topics have been discussed on SAS-L, in papers, and documentation. I have not found the techniques necessary...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #6
I have been watching this thread today and I just now recall an example that Paul Dorfman gave at a RUG several years ago and no, I don't recall exactly where or when other than it was NESUG or SESUG in the past 5 years. Anyway, Paul had a client who was storing something like the past 12 months of transactions as variables andat the start of each month needed to stick the just ended month on the end and drop the oldest month. Paul used Peek to read the last 11 months of each obs as a single chunk of data, append the current's month, and then used Poke to write the whole new obs as a ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #5
I also read that this could be a problem on machines that have multiple = processors, such as running DB2; if the data is clustered and each = processor takes care of one cluster, then you could have queries all = hitting the same processor instead of distributing the load across all = processors, thus potentially slowing down queries in peak periods where = you have multiple queries at the same time, if queries tend to be based = on the month (such as bank statements). Thus I'd proceed with caution = on the idea of splitting one table into 24 tables with one view without = making sure th...

Re: Is it possible to read a sas dataset NOT using sas?
You might try the Universal OLE DB driver. Docs at: http://tinyurl.com/2cmgcf Driver page at: http://tinyurl.com/2hbc23 I think this should allow you to read a sas data set but not write to it. Also, the driver does not support much beyond a Select * clause. Phil Rack www.minequest.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of RolandRB Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:44 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Is it possible to read a sas dataset NOT using sas? Is it possible to read a sas dataset NOT using sas and have observations an...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #14
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:54:08 -0400, Dave Scocca <dave@SCOCCA.ORG> wrote: >--On 8/15/08 6:03 PM -0400 Chang Chung wrote: > >> good point! but as shown below, you can make a view of multiple datasets >> having the separate indexes, and where seems to be fine with this. >> interesting. ran on sas 9.1.3 sp4 on windows. > >> /* make a view of two datasets appended */ >> proc sql feedback; >> drop view work.oneTwo; >> create view oneTwo as >> select * from one union select * from two >> order by age; >> quit; > >One thought on this--at least in my general approach to using views--is you >probably want to avoid the ORDER BY statement--especially if it's the variable >you're indexing on and you want to use a subset. > >For any amount of data above a trivial one, there's no sense in forcing the >view to re-order th >e data if it doesn't have to. Eliminating ORDER BY is not going to do any good unless the ALL option is invoked for the UNION operator. Otherwise the view is going to purge duplicate rows, and will sort the rows to support that process. Ian mentioned the ALL option but did not emphasize its importance. > >Dave ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #13
I am not expert with indexes, but I would expect that an index on each data set would be employed even when the data are accessed through a view. If that is correct, there would be clear advantage to indexing data for each month separately. If the data are in one large file, then when old data are deleted and new data added, the entire index will need to be recreated on all of the data. That is a big operation. If, instead, data are maintained in separate files for each month and each month of data is indexed independently, then indexing needs to be performed only for the new data. The ind...

Re: View files with SAS extension in SAS explorer
The SAS explorer shows you sas datasets (.sas7bdat), not programs (.sas). Open program... wil let you open SAS programs (From the file menu). -Joe On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:37 PM, franwdwyer@googlemail.com < franwdwyer@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I'm just new to SAS and this list and have this question. > > If I create a new library in SAS Explorer and then I save some SAS > programs to it (.sas extension), how come I can't see these types of > file in the SAS Explorer? > > Thanks for any help, > > Fran > ...

SAS Formats
Hi group, I am new to SAS formats and not sure of what SAS formats are. Is SAS formats analogous to "Variable & Value Labels" of SPSS. I have a SAS dataset for which I also have SAS formats separately and I want to convert it into SPSS data but unable to get value labels. When I try to look at the SAS dataset, I am unable to do it unless I put formats in the work folder and then try to open the dataset. I used the following code to get the SPSS data. Please suggest me a way to get SPSS data from SAS with value labels. Thanks, Karan __________________________________________...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #16
Summary: SAS Scalable Performance Data Server #iw-value=1 Chandra, You now have a number of reasonable suggestions to your problem that place the burden on the programmer, but I did not see mention of the SAS Scalable Performance Data Server. This is a SAS product designed to handle large amounts of data. Considering the size of your data set suggests that perhaps it is time to spend money on the problem. Even the SPDE engine included with the base product might help, particularly if the computer has several CPUs. Ian Whitlock =============== Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:14:22 -0400...

Re: SAS Macro to delete a SAS dataset 196997
> From: SAS Techies > Subject: SAS Macro to delete a SAS dataset > > Here's a simple SAS Macro to delete a SAS dataset...It takes the name of > the SAS dataset as the parameter... > > %macro deletedsn(dsname); > > %if %index(&dsname,'.') eq 0 %then %do; %let lib=work; %let > dsn=&dsname; %end; > %else %if %index(&dsname,'.') eq 0 %then %do; %let lib=%scan(&dsname, > 1,'.'); %let dsn=%scan(&dsname,1,'.'); %end; > > proc datasets lib=&lib nolist; > delete &dsn; > qui...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #5
Mikeey I did try V8 before I sent the posting just to be sure that V5toV6 was not available and I too, found it not there. I see that Dale did not find it in a V6.12 installation. I just ran a mainframe 6.09E job and the proc is there. I find it odd that it would not be available in 6.12 since this is a V6 proc. The spelling is V5TOV6 Nat Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@W To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU ESTAT.COM> cc: Sent by: "SAS(r) Subject: Re: Converting...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #17
When I used this code, I am receiving the following warning. It completely deleted my prod.master_date SAS Dataset. Do you know what is going on here? WARNING: This SAS global statement is not supported in PROC SQL. It has been ignored. On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:17:25 -0500, Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET> wrote: >One thing you might do is to add an index on the snap_dt to the dataset; if that's there then you should be able to delete the records in place: > >proc sql; > delete from prod.master_date; > where snap_dt = "&end_dt"d; >quit; >run; > &...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #19
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:26:14 -0400, SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde <ddraj2015@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >When I used this code, I am receiving the following warning. It completely >deleted my prod.master_date SAS Dataset. Do you know what is going on here? > >WARNING: This SAS global statement is not supported in PROC SQL. It has >been ignored. In PROC SQL, WHERE must be a clause within a statement, not a freestanding statement. Get rid of the semicolon immediately before the word "where". Incidentally, I think the warning is inaccurate in referring to a WHERE statement as a global statement. > > > >On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:17:25 -0500, Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET> wrote: > >>One thing you might do is to add an index on the snap_dt to the dataset; >if that's there then you should be able to delete the records in place: >> >>proc sql; >> delete from prod.master_date; >> where snap_dt = "&end_dt"d; >>quit; >>run; >> >>In both the ways you are trying now you are creating new data sets rather >than deleting records from the current data set; it would seem to me that a >SQL delete statement would be faster than creating new datasets even if >there isn't an index on the date. >> >>-Mary >> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde >> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> Sent: Friday, August ...

Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 #10
http://www.sas.com/presscenter/bgndr_history.html 1985 ... Technology milestones... First SAS System release for PC DOS (Base SAS and SAS/RTERM software) is immediate success. Micro-to-mainframe link (SAS/C Compiler) is introduced for PCs linking to mainframes. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nat Wooding Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 7:01 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Converting from SAS 5 to SAS 9 Robin I must beg to differ- A pc DOS version of SAS was announced...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #4
Summary: PROC DATASETS; AGE statement. + VIEWs This won't help you delete data from your very big data set, but you may find this example interesting. You say you append data monthly to a big data set then when big gets too big you need to clean out the old. And that takes a very long time. However if you don't physically append but use a view to append/combine you may find it easier to get rid of the unwanted old data. Consider this code. it pushes MonthlyUpdate onto the stack of 24 data sets and the 24th data set is deleted. Then all the data sets get renamed to produce a new g...

Web resources about - Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets - comp.soft-sys.sas

Converting dry air to water: solution to Broken Hill's water crisis gains support
A one-man crusade by a Broken Hill resident to solve the historic town's water crisis by introducing air to water converters is gaining support. ...