Re: Diffrence between SAS coding and SAS implementation #2

I think SAS Institute is in the process of transforming itself from
being primarily a Tools vendor to a Tools plus Solutions vendor.
Right now, I think SI is spending more on Solutions development and
marketing than they are Tools development. I would guess that
Implementation refers to the solutions, e.g. Retail Revenue
Optimization.  In many ways, these are more challenging assignments
than merely writing SAS code to solve more narrowly defined problems.

Joe

On 1/10/07, SAS_learner <proccontents@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sai,
>
> It might be fancy term that HR guys coined or It might be installing SAS on
> cross platform operating systems. It may be of great important with BI
> installation is pretty complicated managers in this list might know what it
> is ???????  Sorry  could not help you  much
>
> thanks
>
> On 1/10/07, saikumarkorrapati@gmail.com <saikumarkorrapati@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Group,
> >
> > i just wanted to clarify my doubt
> >
> > I am working with SAS in financial domain from past 2 years.
> >
> > Usually i do codoing for conversion of all input files ( whatever the
> > type like excel ,. flat files etc) and generate the reports and
> > maintaing data bases and performence tuning etc ...
> >

> > But recently i come across the words from some of the business managers
> > - SAS implementation.
> >
> > What is mean by SAS implementation ?
> >
> > implematation is like automation of all the tasks?
> >
> > or still it mean SAS in all phases of the project ?
> >

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Sai kumar

Re: Diffrence between SAS coding and SAS implementation
Sai, It might be fancy term that HR guys coined or It might be installing SAS on cross platform operating systems. It may be of great important with BI installation is pretty complicated managers in this list might know what it is ??????? Sorry could not help you much thanks On 1/10/07, saikumarkorrapati@gmail.com <saikumarkorrapati@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi Group, > > i just wanted to clarify my doubt > > I am working with SAS in financial domain from past 2 years. > > Usually i do codoing for conversion of all input files ( whatever the > type like excel ,. flat files etc) and generate the reports and > maintaing data bases and performence tuning etc ... > > > But recently i come across the words from some of the business managers > - SAS implementation. > > What is mean by SAS implementation ? > > implematation is like automation of all the tasks? > > or still it mean SAS in all phases of the project ? > > > > Thanks in advance. > > Sai kumar > ...

Re: Diffrence between SAS coding and SAS implementation #3
saikumarkorrapati@GMAIL.COM wrote: > >Hi Group, > >i just wanted to clarify my doubt > >I am working with SAS in financial domain from past 2 years. > >Usually i do codoing for conversion of all input files ( whatever the >type like excel ,. flat files etc) and generate the reports and >maintaing data bases and performence tuning etc ... > > >But recently i come across the words from some of the business managers >- SAS implementation. > >What is mean by SAS implementation ? > > implematation is like automation of all the tasks? > >or still it mean SAS in all phases of the project ? > > > >Thanks in advance. > >Sai kumar First, you have to bear in mind that much of this is buzzword bingo. So what I have used may not be what your managers mean. But I would guess that they mean 'SAS implementation' to mean the process of installing all the SAS components they want, and getting those pieces tuned properly to meet their needs. It may also include the programming portions needed to get their business processes up and running. HTH, David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330 _________________________________________________________________ From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes has it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline1 ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #2
Alan, not precisely clear what you are searching think thus also about this kind of program in addition to the mprint mfile answer of ~data _null_ HTH Andre libname malibmac "d:\temp"; options mstores sasmstore=malibmac; %macro foobar(aarg)/store source des='nothing or interresting'; %put arg=&arg; %mend; %copy foobar/source; Alan Churchill a �crit : > All, > > > > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > > > > Suppose I have this code: > > > > %macro xyz; > > data temp.temp4; > > .do some sas stuff. > > run; > > %mend; > > > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. > > bname malibmac "d:\f\"; > > Thanks, > > Alan > > > > Alan Churchill > Savian > <http://www.savian.net/> www.savian.net > > -- Andr� WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 m�l : wielki@ined.fr t�l : 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 ...

Re: search SAS data set from SAS code #2
Rose, The answer to your question depends on your operating system. In Windows, there's the Search tool. In Unix/Linux, you can use grep Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com Rose <myr_rose@YAHOO.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/19/2005 11:13 AM Please respond to myr_rose To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: search SAS data set from SAS code Hi All, Suppose I have a sas permanent data set which was created early, I know the library path but I couldn't remember in which s...

Re: R vs. SAS (was Replacement for SAS (SPSS vs. SAS, redux)) #2
Sounds like R is the SAS equivalent of Linux .. who are incidentally in all sorts of a copy left/right mess at the moment. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:39:37 -0500, Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG> wrote: >I use both SAS and R; I"ve used SAS for 10 or 15 years, R for about 6 >months - 1 year. > >Each has strengths and weaknesses; I'd not like to give up either. > >Strengths of SAS (esp. compared to R) > >Tech support - I have SAS tech support's phone number and our license >number memorized. They're great. > >SAS-L - There's also an R-help list...

Re: SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9: SAS Joke of the year. #2
jontugman, Test preparation is akin to following a simple algorithm: 1. Evaluate the test and discover if it is worth taking. 2. If #1 evaluates false then go to exit. 3. Determine if your *test* knowledge of SAS is insufficient. 4. If #3 evaluates true, do the test preparation. 5. Pay the money. 6. Take the test. 7 Exit. From your standpoint, the step of paramount importance is step #1. That is where you mainly failed. From SAS' standpoint, only one step matters: #5. This is the only reason the test was created in the first place. The world would be a better place if all employers understood that as well. However, some recruiters/HRers require the certificate as a CYA backup should they accidentally hire a pure test-passer. Fortunately, I have not seen many occurrences of this nature since the inception of the boondoggle, perhaps because most candidates are almost inevitably interviewed by people qualified in SAS better than HR. And most qualified people saw the program for what it is even before its advent. SAS-L is replete with numerous posts to prove it. Needless to say, it does not imply in any way that any certificate-holder has no more SAS behind the belt than the certificate can cover. Far from that! Many fantastic real-world people have been forced into the thing by their SAS partnership business needs, many have taken it just for the heck of it because their employer would pay for it, etc. My opposition to the thing as a matter of principle is based on t...

Re: Exit SAS gracefully / Condtional execution of code without SAS macro #2
I recall hearing an explanation of why %IF can't be made to work in open code, but I can't remember exactly what it is. Anyone else remember? It would cause an incompatibility or ambiguity of some kind, I think. It's not too hard to ignore only a single statement in open code: ===== SAS v9 %let go = 1; data _null_; %sysfunc(ifc(&GO., put 'go was true', put 'go was false', put 'go was missing')); run; %let go = 0; data _null_; %sysfunc(ifc(&GO., put 'go was true', put 'go was false', put 'go was missing')); run;...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2 #2
> From: A Little Birdie > > I just searched the SAS-L archives (should have done that > first) and found references to these two pages: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Category:V9.2_Phase_2 > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide > > Have you seen this page? > ***************************************************** > http://support.sas.com/kb/35/631.html <---<<< NICE! ***************************************************** > It looks like it addresses your needs, and might be something > nice to add to the SASCo...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code
I want the statements only, not the processing. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: ./ ADD NAME=Data _null_, [mailto:iebupdte@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:20 AM To: Alan Churchill Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code You need to provide more details. It is unclear to me if you want the statements generated by the macro MPRINT/MFILE written to the file or the MACRO definition FILE/PUT. Syntax MFILE | NOMFILE MFILE routes output produced by the MPRINT option to an external file. This is useful for debugging. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > All, > > > > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > > > > Suppose I have this code: > > > > %macro xyz; > > data temp.temp4; > > .do some sas stuff. > > run; > > %mend; > > > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. > > > > Thanks, > > Alan > > > > Alan Churchill > Savian > <http://www.savian.net/> www.savian.net > ...

Re: How to get the location of SAS code in the same SAS code thru #4
I use a macro from Frank DiIorio, CodeCrafters, Inc. that rely on SAS Dictionary Tables: %macro source_code/store; %global source_code; proc sql noprint; select XPath into :Source_Code separated by ' ' from dictionary.extfiles where fileref like "#LN00006" ; quit; %mend; The store is optional since I like to store compiled macros in a single location and call in with a mstored and sasmstore= options. I just add the following to my code to get a footnote indicating the full path and name of code submitted: %source_code; footnote1 "SOURCE CODE: &source_code"; >On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:43:50 -0700, Alok <alok.rustagi@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >>Hi all, >> >>I am facing a problem in which I need to get the location/path of a >>SAS code in a macro variable. I need to use the macro variable in the >>same SAS code. Is there any SAS option available which can do this for >>me? Or is there a code snippet which can achieve the same purpose? >> >>Can you please help me out as soon as possible since I need to deliver >>this tomorrow. Any help will be greatly appreciated. >> >> >>Thanks, >>Alok ...

Re: SAS maps / SAS Graphs #2
I had to look that up, and found this: a.. If a picture is not worth a 1000 words, to hell with it (quote from = Ad Reinhardt -- note this is from the original Chinese quote that "a = picture is worth 10,000 words).=20 From: http://www.washington.edu/computing/training/560/zz-tufte.html -Mary (who actually right this instant is working on a trying to make a = "nice" diagram right now from a sketch done on the back of a file folder = with over 50 circles and connecting lines everywhere) ----- Original Message -----=20 From: data _null_,=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:15 PM Subject: Re: SAS maps / SAS Graphs How do you define nice? Do you use Tufte's Data-ink ratio? On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Vincent Granville <vincentg@datashaping.com> wrote: > We are looking for nice SAS graphs to post in the image section on > AnalyticBridge. If you have produced such graphs, you are welcome to = post > them (migh require a sign up, but it's free). You can also rate the = graphs > posted by other participants. It's a good way to be noticed for the > quality of your work. See http://www.analyticbridge.com/photo/photo = to > view the graphs currently posted (not all of them are produced with = SAS). > ...

Re: SAS Sample 1728 Was ---> Re: SAS Sample 1727 #2
Graham , I am not sure that the SI Tech Support examples should have all the error checking that Chang wanted to throw in the macro. The examples should be clear concise and easy to read and get going, as well as be illistrative. Too much error checking in an example well is just over kill and even detrimental to an example. However, any code solution on the SI Tech Support web sit should follow basic rules of good practices and sound advice. Such as with thier macros having atleast a somewhat good Macro design. Look at Example SAS Sample 1728: The first method well lets say is soooo bad...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #7
I don't believe there is inconsistency in my statement. I don't want the log (run), just the statements. A macro is a macro so I can always run it if need be but the main gist is that I need the statements. I will just break the statements myself and do the formatting using Don's technique. Thanks for the help, Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: ./ ADD NAME=Data _null_, [mailto:iebupdte@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:05 AM To: Alan Churchill Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code You are not consistent. One time you say you don't want to execute the macro then you say you do. Question: Where is the "macro" when YOU begin to want it? Please describe your processing in complete detail. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > I actually never want to store the macro code. I only want it available in a > temp file which I then consume. For example: > > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > ...do some sas stuff... > run; > %mend; > > > I want to save the contents, formatted, into a text file (i.e. > c:\temp\program.sas) which I can then consume in another application. I also > want to execute the code. Hence: > > %xyz; > > Save the contents of the macro file to a text file with CRLF included. I > don't want the run, merely the statements. > > Thoughts? > > Alan...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #6
Good Don. I should have remembered that trick from SGF. One minor issue, it doesn't preserve formatting. Other than doing the string split myself, any suggestions? Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Don Henderson Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:37 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: FW: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code resending as I did not mean to send to just Andre ---------------------------------------- > From: donaldjhenderson@hotmail.com > To: wielki@ined.fr > Subject: RE: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code > Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:34:41 +0000 > > > Alan, > > If you want the generated SAS code try (untested): > > data _null_; > file "code.sas"; > length code $32000; > code = resolve('%xyz'); > put code; > run; > > You may want to format it (e.g., new line whenever you start a new statement). > > HTH, > donh > > ---------------------------------------- >> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:52:02 +0200 >> From: wielki@INED.FR >> Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code >> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> >> Alan, >> not precisely clear what you are searching >> think thus also about this kind of program >> in addition to the mprint mfile answer of ~data _null_ >> HTH >> Andre >> &...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #3
You need to provide more details. It is unclear to me if you want the statements generated by the macro MPRINT/MFILE written to the file or the MACRO definition FILE/PUT. Syntax MFILE | NOMFILE MFILE routes output produced by the MPRINT option to an external file. This is useful for debugging. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > All, > > > > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > > > > Suppose I have this code: > > > > %macro xyz; > > data temp.temp4; > > .do some sas stuff. > > run; > > %mend; > > > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. > > > > Thanks, > > Alan > > > > Alan Churchill > Savian > <http://www.savian.net/> www.savian.net > ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #10
Summary: Macro generation of correct SAS code requires SAS execution. #iw-value=1 Alan, I do not see how this is possible. Consider: %macro q ( seed=0 ) ; %local cum ; data w ( keep = r ) ; do i = 1 to 20 ; r = ranuni ( &seed ) ; output ; end ; run ; data _null_ ; set w end = eof ; cum + r ; if eof then call symputx ( "cum" , cum ) ; run ; title1 "Cum = &cum" ; %mend q ; This macro ends up generating a TITLE statement. However, that title statement depends on the execution of the previous steps. Hence it cannot be generated by the macro facility without actually executing the previously generated code. The problem is similar to that of using CALL EXECUTE to generate SAS code via a macro call. In the case of CALL EXECUTE one can work around the problem by using %NRSTR to hide the call during the DATA step execution, but you have explicitly required the macro to generate correct code without executing. Now there is no work around. In essence you are asking, "Is the macro facility so weak that there is a program that can predict the output of every macro without executing it?" Since that output can depend on the execution of SAS code, one must first be able to predict the result of executing every SAS program without actually doing the executing. It seems highly unlikely that the SAS Institute is up to the jo...

Re: How to get the location of SAS code in the same SAS code thru #3 685847
> From: Alok > I am facing a problem in which I need to get the > location/path of a SAS code in a macro variable. I need to > use the macro variable in the same SAS code. Is there any SAS > option available which can do this for me? Or is there a code > snippet which can achieve the same purpose? - - - MyMacro.sas - - - %macro MyMacro(path=); %*...; %Mend; - - - MyProgram.sas - - - %Let Path2MyMacro = c:\temp\MyMacro.sas; %Include "&Path2MyMacro."; %MyMacro(path = &Path2MyMacro.); Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #9
Remember the formatting/indentation is lost in macro anyway as white space = is not relevant. The best you can do is what mprint does for you - a new st= atement on column 1 on on new line. =20 -don> Date: Tue=2C 12 Aug 2008 08:38:31 -0600> From: savian001@GMAIL.COM> S= ubject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA= ..EDU> > Good Don. I should have remembered that trick from SGF. One minor i= ssue=2C it> doesn't preserve formatting. Other than doing the string split = myself=2C any> suggestions?> > Alan> > Alan Churchill> Savian> www.savian.n= et> > > -----Original Message-----> From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@L= ISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Don> Henderson> Sent: Tuesday=2C August 12=2C= 2008 7:37 AM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Subject: FW: Include SAS code w/= o including SAS code> > resending as I did not mean to send to just Andre> = > ----------------------------------------> > From: donaldjhenderson@hotmai= l.com> > To: wielki@ined.fr> > Subject: RE: Include SAS code w/o including = SAS code> > Date: Tue=2C 12 Aug 2008 13:34:41 +0000> >> >> > Alan=2C> >> > = If you want the generated SAS code try (untested):> >> > data _null_=3B> > = file "code.sas"=3B> > length code $32000=3B> > code =3D resolve('%xyz')=3B>= > put code=3B> > run=3B> &g...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #12
OK, now I get it. You don't know that you already have what you need. In your example you say... Suppose I have this code: %macro xyz; data temp.temp4; .do some sas stuff. run; %mend; So you have it you don't need to get it you've already got it. The formatting that you desire is right there, no problem. If the macro is in aggregate storage location then you also "have it". It is waiting be auto called, read with infile, or opened with an editor. If it is stored compiled and the source was saved you can look at the source just as Andre suggested using %copy. If calling the macro with RESOLVE returns gt 32767 characters what do you do then? You could read the compiled macro from the work.sasmacr. Limited testing suggests that the formatting you desire is preserved in the catalog entry. filename ft56f001 catalog 'work.sasmacr.<NAME>.macro'; data _null_; infile ft56f001; input; list; run; On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > I don't believe there is inconsistency in my statement. I don't want the log > (run), just the statements. A macro is a macro so I can always run it if > need be but the main gist is that I need the statements. > > I will just break the statements myself and do the formatting using Don's > technique. > > Thanks for the help, > Alan > > Alan Churchill > Savian > www.savian.net > > > -----Original Message---...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #11
Thanks Ian. I actually switched it over to a %include since readability is critical here. The only other method I can think of is to use datalines but that is not as convenient either. The underlying problem behind this exercise was: How can I have a set of valid SAS statements be filed into a text file and also be available for execution? Immediately, I said %include since that is obvious. However, I was hoping to also be able to see the lines and make quick modifications in the editor. Since I have had time to think about it some more, I decided to go ahead and split it out into 2 programs and simply %include them. That way I retain formatting. The only negative is that they are now in 2 tabs but I can live with that. All of the exploration done by people and pointing out various options has been helpful. The formatting though is critical and I don't want to run my cleaner on it. Sometimes it is best to just KISS. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: iw1junk@comcast.net [mailto:iw1junk@comcast.net] Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:29 AM To: SAS(r) Discussion Cc: Alan Churchill Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code Summary: Macro generation of correct SAS code requires SAS execution. #iw-value=1 Alan, I do not see how this is possible. Consider: %macro q ( seed=0 ) ; %local cum ; data w ( keep = r ) ; do i = 1 to 20 ; r = ranuni ( &seed ) ; output ; ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #5
you want to save the macro code in its own file access then depends on modifying one of the three uses of the word: SASautos Tutorials A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk for: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Churchill > Ok, I think this might be doable but I am drawing a blank. > Suppose I have this code: > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > .do some sas stuff. > run; > %mend; > > Is there a way to write the macro statements out to a file? I > can run them > but I would also like to save them outside of SAS. ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #8
You are not consistent. One time you say you don't want to execute the macro then you say you do. Question: Where is the "macro" when YOU begin to want it? Please describe your processing in complete detail. On 8/12/08, Alan Churchill <savian001@gmail.com> wrote: > I actually never want to store the macro code. I only want it available in a > temp file which I then consume. For example: > > %macro xyz; > data temp.temp4; > ...do some sas stuff... > run; > %mend; > > > I want to save the contents, formatted, into a text file (i.e. > c:\temp\program.sas) which I can then consume in another application. I also > want to execute the code. Hence: > > %xyz; > > Save the contents of the macro file to a text file with CRLF included. I > don't want the run, merely the statements. > > Thoughts? > > Alan > > Alan Churchill > Savian > www.savian.net > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, > Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) > Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:15 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code > > you want to save the macro code in its own file > > access then depends on modifying one of the three uses of the word: > SASautos > > Tutorials > A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros > > http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk fo...

Re: FW: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:36:52 +0000, Don Henderson <donaldjhenderson@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >resending as I did not mean to send to just Andre > >---------------------------------------- >> From: donaldjhenderson@hotmail.com >> To: wielki@ined.fr >> Subject: RE: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code >> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:34:41 +0000 >> >> >> Alan, >> >> If you want the generated SAS code try (untested): >> >> data _null_; >> file "code.sas"; >> length code $32000; >> code = resolve('%xyz'); >> put code; >> run; >> >> You may want to format it (e.g., new line whenever you start a new statement). >> >> HTH, >> donh >> >> ---------------------------------------- >>> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:52:02 +0200 >>> From: wielki@INED.FR >>> Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code >>> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >>> >>> Alan, >>> not precisely clear what you are searching >>> think thus also about this kind of program >>> in addition to the mprint mfile answer of ~data _null_ >>> HTH >>> Andre >>> >>> libname malibmac "d:\temp"; >>> options mstores sasmstore=malibmac; >>> %macro foobar(aarg)/store source des='nothing or interresting'; >>> ...

Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code #14
Charles, I did very similar things across multiple datacenters with NDM and the JCL Reader awhile back. And yes, explaining a SyncSort, EasyTrieve, SAS milkshake to a newbie was an exercise in frustration. Hell, I told them early on that SyncSort had limited commands (7 at the time?) but would take them years to master threw them for a loop. Welcome to binary ;-] That said, I think the details of what I am doing need something else. The problem with tossing out a problem on SAS-L (and elsewhere) is that the particular need is generalized to the point of losing what the original constraints are bound by. After looking at the proposals and the ideas, I am still faced with what I need to accomplish. Hence, while the %include was not what I wanted, it worked out the best. Melding 2 systems together, SAS and .NET, makes me choose alternatives that aren't as pretty as I would like. Nonetheless, I have something that works now. ....and I forge ahead. BTW, this isn't client work but SAS community work for my spare time. I appreciate everything everyone has contributed and it will be returned. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of charles.harbour@ACT.ORG Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:23 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Include SAS code w/o including SAS code What you ask can be done (just about <anything> can be done in sas), but at what price? T...

Web resources about - Re: Diffrence between SAS coding and SAS implementation #2 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Implementation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer science , an implementation is a realization of a technical specification or algorithm as a program , software component , or other ...

Facebook Re-Examining Its Privacy Changes; Delays Their Implementation
... of the changes to its data use policy and statement of rights and responsibilities , announced last week, Facebook said it will delay the implementation ...

Will Virgin America President/CEO David Cush lose his job over the Sabre implementation disaster?
com/vx/... According to their website, Virgin initial planned to complete the migration in a single weekend and thinned out their flight schedule ...

5.15.13 Patent Reform Implementation and New Challenges for Small Businesses - YouTube
On Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at 1:00 P.M., the Committee on Small Business held a hearing titled, "Patent Reform Implementation and New Challenges ...

Project Manager - Salesforce Implementation
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

Best Practices for ERP Implementation

Raghuram Rajan: India faces implementation challenge
It's time to forget micro-management in the face of big problems, says India's central bank chief.

A fair VCE: its design and implementation
The VCAA manages the system in which VCE students' work is assessed and the key focus is ensuring the process and system is fair.

IOC demands Russia explain implementation of its anti-gay law
Olympic president Jacques Rogge has called on Russia to explain how it will implement its controversial anti-gay propaganda law and detail its ...

Iran seeks nuclear deal implementation, but enrichment issues block progress
Nearly seven weeks after signing a landmark nuclear deal, Iran and six world powers hope to reach an agreement this week on its implementation. ...