Re: Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable."

Bob,

What kind of system are you on?  From your example I presume an older
version of Windows.

If that is the case, you have to see how SAS is called.  It sounds like a
Window's problem, trying to find 'C:\program files', but not being able to
read the long file names.  If so, you may have to change that part of the
call to 'c:\progra~1'.

Art
-----
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:32:21 -0700, baoxian_lan@EXCITE.COM wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Somehow I have to double click a SAS file and open it. But that error
>message showed up. I have searched the previous posting and followed
>the instruction to fix the problem. At the same time, I also checked
>SAS web site and followed their instruction to fix the problem.
>
>But after all these efforts, I still got the nasty message.
>
>The only thing I haven't tried is to reinstall SAS because there are a
>lot of procedures to do that.
>
>Any idea will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Bob
0
art297 (4212)

Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable."
Dear all, Somehow I have to double click a SAS file and open it. But that error message showed up. I have searched the previous posting and followed the instruction to fix the problem. At the same time, I also checked SAS web site and followed their instruction to fix the problem. But after all these efforts, I still got the nasty message. The only thing I haven't tried is to reinstall SAS because there are a lot of procedures to do that. Any idea will be greatly appreciated. Bob Bob, What kind of system are you on? From your example I presume an older version of Windows. If that...

Re: CONVERTING a ".sas" file into ".dat" file
hi ... just one suggestion (addition) to the code put _all_; writes values preceded by the variable names, plus the SAS automatic variables data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put _all_; run; Name=Alfred Sex=M Age=14 Height=69 Weight=112.5 _ERROR_=0 _N_=1 Name=Alice Sex=F Age=13 Height=56.5 Weight=84 _ERROR_=0 _N_=2 make one addition ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); put (_all_) (:); run; Alfred M 14.0 69.0 112.5 Alice F 13.0 56.5 84.0 and another idea ... if you want the data aligned in columns ... data _null_; set sashelp.class (obs=2); pu...

Re: Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these external files c
Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote: > Is there a system option for OpenVMS SAS version 8 where a sas program can > create an output file with a file attribute of "Stream_LF" so that these > external files can be served through an Apache WebServer properly? > > Currently, what happens is when we create a CSV file, the Apache Webserver > wants to load the contents of this CSV file into a single cell for Excel. > That is, all OBS are treated as a SINGLE record and all the contents is > loaded into a single cell within Excel. > > T...

["a", "b", "c", "d"] to "a, b, c, d"?
I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

ActiveState vs. "C:\Program Files\" and "C:\Progra~1\"
note: this post started off as a question, but turned into a blog and eventually became an answer. I just hate to have anyone else go through all this nonsense, so I figured I'd post it as an example of "when in doubt, google it out". I successfully installed ActiveState 5.8.8 (after uninstalling 5.6.something) on an XP laptop. I installed it to "C:\Program FIles \Activestate.com\Perl". After the install, I changed the "Program files" part of the ActiveState dirs in my PATH env var from long DOS format to 8.3 format: "C:\Program Files\ActiveState.c...

Re: "out" and "in out"
"no reliable initial value" means, you cannot rely on the value, but it may have a value. This depends on the parameter passing mechanism, which is _not_ related to the parameter mode (contrary to what many people think). So the parameter mode is there (nearly) solely for the information of the reader. The parameter passing mechanism for all kinds of parameters is defined in the RM. There are parameters passed by copy (in and out), by reference; for some it is explicitly left undefined. In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely...

"out" and "in out"

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

CONVERTING a ".sas" file into ".dat" file
hello , i use the codes first to import from excel and second to convert from .xls to .sas format .But I need to have the data in .dat format.Kindly guide :- (1) PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.MARCH DATAFILE= "c:\Sas\MARCH.xls" DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE; SHEET="march$"; GETNAMES=YES; MIXED=NO; SCANTEXT=YES; USEDATE=YES; SCANTIME=YES; RUN; (2) * convert the excel file into a SAS data file and put it into a directory "c:\Sas"* libname dis "c:\Sas"; proc import datafile="C:\Cwa\laptop_review.xls" out=dis.sales replace; run ; regards , markc On 2 Mar, 09:58, mark <mark.chas...@yahoo.in> wrote: > hello , > > i use the codes first to import from excel and second to convert > from .xls to .sas format .But I need to have the data in .dat > format.Kindly =A0guide :- > > (1) > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0PROC IMPORT OUT=3D WORK.MARCH > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 DATAFILE=3D "c:\Sas\MARCH.xls" > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 DBMS=3DEXCEL REPLACE; > =A0 =A0 =A0SHEET=3D"march$"; > =A0 =A0 =A0GETNAMES=3DYES; > =A0 =A0 =A0MIXED=3DNO; > =A0 =A0 =A0SCANTEXT=3DYES; > =A0 =A0 =A0USEDATE=3DYES; > =A0 =A0 =A0SCANTIME=3DYES; > RUN; > > (2) > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0* convert the excel file into a SAS data file and put it i= nto a > directory "c:\Sas"* > libname dis ...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

files "." and ".." from readdir()
Will readdir always return "." and ".." as the _first_ two entries returned if the filesystem has them? I'm just curious if it testing for them can be skipped after the first two have been tested. I've always written my loops around readdir with the tests applied in every case. -- |WARNING: Due to extreme spam, googlegroups.com is blocked. Due to ignorance | | by the abuse department, bellsouth.net is blocked. If you post to | | Usenet from these places, find another Usenet provider ASAP. | | Phil Howard KA9WGN (email for humans: first ...

Short file format: "Progra~1" for "Program Files"
Hello all, From my Windows command prompt, I'm trying to run an .exe which requires an argument for CLASSPATH, along the lines, <%> Foo.exe -CLASSPATH="C:\Program Files\AppFolder\a.jar....." When the length of CLASSPATH's value is quite large, the .exe doesnt work the way it should. To truncate the CLASSPATH length I tried "C:\Progra~1" for "C:\Program Files". It seems to work fine. This exe needs to run on the end-user's PC. My question is, how reliable is it to use "Progra~1" for "Program Files". If the end-user installs some software which changes "Program Files" from Progra~1 to Progra~2, would I run into trouble. Has anyone run into this situation before? Thanks for your time, Prabh Prabh wrote: > This exe needs to run on the end-user's PC. > My question is, how reliable is it to use "Progra~1" for "Program > Files". Not at all. > If the end-user installs some software which changes "Program Files" > from Progra~1 to Progra~2, would I run into trouble. Yes. In fact, hard-coding C:\Program Files is wrong. > Has anyone run into this situation before? Yes, though I've not needed to use a short file name in a long time. You should call SHGetFolderPath or similar, followed by GetShortPathName. Note that a file or directory might not have a short name, in which case you're probably stuck. ...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

What does "Standard C", "K&R C" , "ANSI C" mean?
I am just wondering what the following terms usually mean: 1) "Standard C" 2) "K&R C" 3) "ANSI C" I am pretty sure "ANSI C" usually refers to the C89 standard, but what about the other two? What is the "saying" for C99 standard? Thank you On 17 Jan 2005 21:26:42 -0800, "Luke Wu" <LookSkywalker@gmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c: > I am just wondering what the following terms usually mean: > > 1) "Standard C" The current version of the C language standard. This is now known as "ISO/IEC 9899:19...

Re: OT
"Chuck Stevens" <charles.stevens@unisys.com> wrote in message news:... > > "LX-i" <lxi0007@netscape.net> wrote in message > news:6c427$425b1f96$45491f85$14981@KNOLOGY.NET... > > Pete Dashwood wrote: > > > "LX-i" <lxi0007@netscape.net> wrote in message > > > news:b0d0f$425af6b2$45491f85$16564@KNOLOGY.NET... > > > It may not seen compassionate - but, what makes that child conceived by > > those means any less deserving of air, food, and water than a child > > conceived by a loving couple? In m...

help:what is "quirk" in the file "usbaudio.c"
what is "quirk" or what does it mean ,in the file "usbaudio.c" thanks kevin wrote: > what is "quirk" or what does it mean ,in the file "usbaudio.c" It's a workaround for devices that do not follow the USB Audio specification or have other bugs. HTH Clemens ...

How do I exclude "CTRL+C" from "dbstop if error"?
Hello, I am using extensively the "dbstop if error" option to allow me to debug in case of unexpected error (aren't they all...?). However, I don't want to go into debug mode when I break execution using "CTRL+C". I don't want to go into debug mode in this case. Can that be done? can I exclude a specific error ("Operation terminated by user during...") from the "dbstop if error" mode? Thanks, Ran "Ran" wrote in message <ju8gqk$ncn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > I am using extensively the &qu...

Gary Sokolich """"""

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

problem on startup: File error: "Cannot open load file", "xfonts"
Hi everybody I just installed the newest emacs testing as emacs package. after starting it with emacs --debug-init I get the error Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "xfonts") require(xfonts) byte-code("��!������@��!��!A��B\"� B��B\"�@��B\"A@*�A�B��!�C���\"��!�FBF��!���\"��!��!I�VH�V��!��!�K%N�!!R�#\"\"\"\"\"S\"!!�\"!!\"!\" �=��Q �=����# �=��Q��\n� � !� ! �\f!\f�\f \"��\f #� a.s.o. The require(xfonts) is in the .gnu-e...

Web resources about - Re: Error: Configuration file "C:\Program" is unreadable." - comp.soft-sys.sas

Configuration file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , configuration files , or config files configure the initial settings for some computer programs . They are used for user applications ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...

All configurations of Nexus 6p back in stock at Google Store
... variants. Considering the fact the Nexus 6p hasn’t been on the market very long just yet, we wouldn’t be surprised if some of these configurations ...

Apple Watch launches in India with 40 available configurations, Hermes edition left out
Apple Watch hit store shelves in India on Friday with 40 different size, model and strap combinations available to consumers starting at 30,900 ...