Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset #4

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:28:20 -0800, rao <rao.bingi@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am getting following error message.
>
>what I did
>
>I created a SAS Transport file by using "XPORT" engine and PROC COPY.
>Then I moved the xxxx.xpt file into my company internal web site. Later
>I just down loaded the xxx.xpt file. Strated converting into SAS
>dataset. Iam unable to convert the xpt file back into SAS dataset.
>
>The error message
>

>5    libname saslib   'C:\coder\import\';
>NOTE: Libref SASLIB was successfully assigned as follows:
>      Engine:        V8
>      Physical Name: C:\coder\import
>5  !                                       /*output*/
>6    libname  pear  xport  'C:\coder\bnfcode.xpt';
>NOTE: Libref PEAR was successfully assigned as follows:
>      Engine:        XPORT
>      Physical Name: C:\coder\bnfcode.xpt
>6  !                                               /*input*/
>7    proc copy in=pear out=saslib;
>8    RUN;
>
>NOTE: Input library PEAR is sequential.
>NOTE: Copying PEAR.BNFCODE to SASLIB.BNFCODE (memtype=DATA).
>NOTE: BUFSIZE is not cloned when copying across different engines.
>      System Option for BUFSIZE was used.
>ERROR: The value  L1DCODE is not a valid SAS name.
                 ^^

Notice (you must display with a monospace font) that there are 2 blanks
before the name in the ERROR message. One of course is needed to separate
words, but maybe another is actually stored in the name, and is causing the
problem. Seems unlikely.

How would the extra blank get into the name?

What kind of machine are you using locally, and what kind of machine is the
server where you stored the transport file? Exactly how did you do the
upload and download?

>ERROR: File SASLIB.BNFCODE.DATA has not been saved because copy could
>not be completed.
>NOTE: Statements not processed because of errors noted above.
>NOTE: PROCEDURE COPY used:
>      real time           1.18 seconds
>      cpu time            0.52 seconds
>
>NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
>

>If you faced this kind of error in the past, please let me know
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Rao
0
nospam1405 (4666)

Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset
Rao, What is L1DCODE for you ? could i suggest you to specify the data that you want to transform, perhaps have you more than one xoprt file into PEAR ? proc copy in=pear out=saslib; selec BNFCODE ; RUN; Selon rao <rao.bingi@GMAIL.COM>: > Hi > > I am getting following error message. > > what I did > > I created a SAS Transport file by using "XPORT" engine and PROC COPY. > Then I moved the xxxx.xpt file into my company internal web site. Later > I just down loaded the xxx.xpt file. Strated converting into SAS > dataset. Iam unable to convert the xpt file back into SAS dataset. > > The error message > > > 5 libname saslib 'C:\coder\import\'; > NOTE: Libref SASLIB was successfully assigned as follows: > Engine: V8 > Physical Name: C:\coder\import > 5 ! /*output*/ > 6 libname pear xport 'C:\coder\bnfcode.xpt'; > NOTE: Libref PEAR was successfully assigned as follows: > Engine: XPORT > Physical Name: C:\coder\bnfcode.xpt > 6 ! /*input*/ > 7 proc copy in=pear out=saslib; > 8 RUN; > > NOTE: Input library PEAR is sequential. > NOTE: Copying PEAR.BNFCODE to SASLIB.BNFCODE (memtype=DATA). > NOTE: BUFSIZE is not cloned when copying across different engines. > System Option for BUFSIZE was used. > ERROR: The valu...

Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset #3
rao.bingi@GMAIL.COM wrote: >I am getting following error message. > >what I did > >I created a SAS Transport file by using "XPORT" engine and PROC COPY. >Then I moved the xxxx.xpt file into my company internal web site. Later >I just down loaded the xxx.xpt file. Strated converting into SAS >dataset. Iam unable to convert the xpt file back into SAS dataset. > >The error message > > >5 libname saslib 'C:\coder\import\'; >NOTE: Libref SASLIB was successfully assigned as follows: > Engine: V8 > Physical Name...

Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset #5
Hi Guys The issue is Transfer mode. Now we changed to BINARY. It was working fine. Thank you for all your help Thanks Rao ...

Re: converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Once you have assigned an xport libname you can read it in like a normal dataset. libname out xport 'C:\Documents and Settings\kdt\Desktop\class.xpt'; *- Create xport file; data out.class; set sashelp.class; run; *- Create work file from xport file; data work.class; set out.class; run; 2008/12/17 <pramila.sami@gmail.com>: > Hello All, > > Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport > files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. > ...

converting sas transport files into sas datasets
Hello All, Could anyone please give me the code for converting sas transport files into sas datasets. thanks in advance. ...

Re: SAS Formats
Hi Karan, Well, then you have a format catalog, in its specific format, of which you could make a SAS dataset using the (LIBRARY and) CNTLOUT option of PROC FORMAT. From the dataset you could try to generate text in the form of SPSS value labels. Maybe there are, but I don't know of it, other ways SPSS can handle SAS formats. It's been 9 years since I lastly used SPSS (four win does). Regards - Jim. -- Y. (Jim) Groeneveld, MSc., Biostatistician, Vitatron b.v., NL Jim.Groeneveld_AT_Vitatron.com (replace _AT_ by AT sign) http://www.vitatron.com, http://home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld My computer always teaches me something new I thought I knew already. [common disclaimer] On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:17:42 +0530, Karan Bhatia <karan@ABSOLUTDATA.NET> wrote: >Hi Jim, > >Thanks for your prompt reply on SAS-L. > >I do not have formats as code, but as "formats.sasb7cat" which appears with >a icon of a folder with a red dot at lower right corner. I feel its similar >to a zip file. > >I know how to use formats code to convert it to SPSS value label code using >a text editor, but don't know how to use this. > >I am using SAS 8.2 and SPSS 12. > >Thanks, >Karan > >Karan Bhatia | karan@absolutdata.net; >AbsolutData Technologies Inc. | http://www.absolutdata.net >+91.11.5163.6400 Ext - 338 (Intl Dialing) >+510.903.1026 Ext - 338 (US Dialing) > > >-----Original Message----- >From: Jim Groeneve...

Re: How to convert all the xpt files in a folder to sas datasets #4
Albus, close Friend et al, Why not use PROC CIMPORT? Am I missing something again? Joe On 10/22/07, Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) <rjf2@cdc.gov> wrote: > > Subject: Re: how read *.xpt? > > information: proc copy xpt files to a libref > > http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0704B&L=sas-l&P=15209 > > Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of SAS_learner > > Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 5:01 PM > > To: SAS(r) Discussion > > Subject: How to convert all the xpt files in a folder to sas datasets > > > > %Macro ds(ds ) ; > > Libname Raw_xpt xport "Z:\MNTX\MNTX3301\Phase > > Forward\SDTM\Draft_17_MNTX3301_Prod\&ds..xpt" access = readonly ; > > Libname Raw_sets "Z:\Develop\data" ; > > data &ds ; > > set raw_xpt.&ds; > > Run; > > %Mend ; > > %ds(ae) ; > > %ds(am) ; > > ' > > ' > > ' > > I know this might have been done before by someone I need to > > get the List of all the datasets in the Folder where .XPT > > files are located and change them to sas datasets, I am using > > above code and it is doing what I need to do, but only thing > > thing is I need to Physically supp...

Re: combine n SAS datasets in to one SAS dataset. #4

Re: Get meta data of XPT file without converting to SAS dataset #4
Try a wildcard in the libref. libname xx xport "c:\temp\xpt\*.xpt"; assuming the filetype is XPT. On 10/15/09, Ya Huang <ya.huang@amylin.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > Is there an easy way to get all the xpt files meta data in a folder, > without having to 'unpack' them first. The xpt files were created > with XPORT engine. Each SAS dataset (*.sas7bdat) has a cooresponding > xpt file. > > The following won't work: > > libname xx xport "c:\temp\xpt"; > proc contents data=xx._all_; > run; > > Thanks > > Ya >...

Re: Can I convert SPSS .sav file(NOT .por file) to SAS dataset.
SASuser.co.kr a �crit : > Hi ALL, > > Would you reply the question of subject? > > If yes, would you explain the method for convert? > > Thanks. > > Chulgyu > > Yes, With the use of DBMSCOPY or STATTRANSFER or inside the sas version 9.1.3 sp4 with proc import datafile="d:\spss.sav" dbms=sav out=table;run; The first two has advantage to capture the internal spss values and to produce a proc format code quasi totally correct (a missing ; at the end) In the case of sas, you may see if in your work , you have a new formats catalog and see if in your new sas file the correct formats are written in the the data; (It is not always the case). I am just now working with one case of this kind to understand why the produced formats names were erroneous and affected to the next variable. HTH Andre -- Andre Wielki INED (Institut National d'Etudes D�mographiques) 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 FRANCE ...

Re: Deleting SAS Data from a SAS DATASET #4
Summary: PROC DATASETS; AGE statement. + VIEWs This won't help you delete data from your very big data set, but you may find this example interesting. You say you append data monthly to a big data set then when big gets too big you need to clean out the old. And that takes a very long time. However if you don't physically append but use a view to append/combine you may find it easier to get rid of the unwanted old data. Consider this code. it pushes MonthlyUpdate onto the stack of 24 data sets and the 24th data set is deleted. Then all the data sets get renamed to produce a new group of 24. You can see from the notes how the operation works. The data sets don't have to use a numbered range M01-M24 I did that for my convenience. proc datasets library=work; age MonthlyUpdate m01-m24; run; quit; NOTE: Deleting WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M23 to WORK.M24 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M22 to WORK.M23 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M21 to WORK.M22 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M20 to WORK.M21 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M19 to WORK.M20 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M18 to WORK.M19 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M17 to WORK.M18 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M16 to WORK.M17 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M15 to WORK.M16 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M14 to WORK.M15 (memtype=DATA). NOTE: Aging the name WORK.M13 to WORK.M14 (me...

Re: SAS Formats
Hi Karan, SAS formats are more than SPSS value labels. In SPSS, as you may know, value labels only associate a textual label with a (numerical) value, that's all. And with (statistical) procedures both the value and its label may be printed. SAS formats can be viewed as some kind of transformation of (numerical and character) values, often intended for representation purposes (like value labels, but also quite often for conversion purposes. See the SAS docs, it's too extensive. With SAS PROCs generally only either unformatted values or formatted values are being displayed. Briefly, in SAS any numerical or character value, value range, value list or value range list can be associated with any numerical or character value or other format specification. If you have SAS formats as SAS code with PROC FORMAT then you may try to change it into SPSS value labels using a text editor. I don't know about the way via converting SAS formats in datasets. I often use DBMS/copy, which can convert between many database systems, like SAS and SPSS, but I never attempted any conversion from SAS to SPSS. Regards - Jim. -- Y. (Jim) Groeneveld, MSc., Biostatistician, Vitatron b.v., NL Jim.Groeneveld_AT_Vitatron.com (replace _AT_ by AT sign) http://www.vitatron.com, http://home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld My computer always teaches me something new I thought I knew already. [common disclaimer] On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:25:19 +0530, Karan Bhatia <karan@ABSOLUTDATA.NET> wrote: >...

Re: SAS xpt transport file #4
On 8/21/08, Fatos Simsek <fatosus@gmail.com> wrote: > > No the file kw that's coming out of cport looks just like the way I want. If you say so. > but i cannot open to see the data. > any other ideas? Use data= option on CIMPORT > > > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:42 AM, ./ ADD NAME=Data _null_, > <iebupdte@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > On 8/21/08, Fatos Simsek <fatosus@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > I have created a SAS xpt transport file using these codes > > > > > > libname kw 'c:\'; **this is the directory > > > > > > where the SAS Data Sets are; > > > > > > filename guava 'c:\NCQ124.xpt'; > > > * > > > > > > proc* *cport* data= kw file=guava; *run*; > > > > I think you should have LIBRARY=KW not DATA=. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The x.xpt looks good in my c drive however I am not able open it up. The > > > error message tells me to use the cimport to import it and so I can open > it > > > up. > > > > > > libname study 'c:\NCQ124'; > > > > > > filename cumquat 'NCQ124'; > > > * > > > > > > proc* *cimport* library= study infile=cumquat;*run*; > > > > > > The error message tells me that the physical file does not exist in c > dri...

Re: SAS Formats
Karan, If you are running SAS interactively, you can view the files in the SAS explorer window if you first execute the statement Options nofmterr; This will allow you to open the file for viewing without having the format catalog. Daniel J. Nordlund Research and Data Analysis Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Olympia, WA 98504-5204 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Karan Bhatia Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:48 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Formats - converting SAS dataset into SPSS data Hi Jim, Thanks for your prompt reply on SAS-L. I do not have formats as code, but as "formats.sasb7cat" which appears with a icon of a folder with a red dot at lower right corner. I feel its similar to a zip file. I know how to use formats code to convert it to SPSS value label code using a text editor, but don't know how to use this. I am using SAS 8.2 and SPSS 12. Thanks, Karan Karan Bhatia | karan@absolutdata.net; AbsolutData Technologies Inc. | http://www.absolutdata.net +91.11.5163.6400 Ext - 338 (Intl Dialing) +510.903.1026 Ext - 338 (US Dialing) -----Original Message----- From: Jim Groeneveld [mailto:jim1stat@YAHOO.CO.UK] Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:29 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Karan Bhatia Subject: Re: SAS Formats - converting SAS dataset into SPSS data Hi Karan, SAS formats are more than SPSS value labels. In SPSS, as you may know, value lab...

Re: SAS Formats
Hi Jim, Thanks for your prompt reply on SAS-L. I do not have formats as code, but as "formats.sasb7cat" which appears with a icon of a folder with a red dot at lower right corner. I feel its similar to a zip file. I know how to use formats code to convert it to SPSS value label code using a text editor, but don't know how to use this. I am using SAS 8.2 and SPSS 12. Thanks, Karan Karan Bhatia | karan@absolutdata.net; AbsolutData Technologies Inc. | http://www.absolutdata.net +91.11.5163.6400 Ext - 338 (Intl Dialing) +510.903.1026 Ext - 338 (US Dialing) -----Original Message----- From: Jim Groeneveld [mailto:jim1stat@YAHOO.CO.UK] Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:29 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Karan Bhatia Subject: Re: SAS Formats - converting SAS dataset into SPSS data Hi Karan, SAS formats are more than SPSS value labels. In SPSS, as you may know, value labels only associate a textual label with a (numerical) value, that's all. And with (statistical) procedures both the value and its label may be printed. SAS formats can be viewed as some kind of transformation of (numerical and character) values, often intended for representation purposes (like value labels, but also quite often for conversion purposes. See the SAS docs, it's too extensive. With SAS PROCs generally only either unformatted values or formatted values are being displayed. Briefly, in SAS any numerical or character value, value range, value list or value range list can be assoc...

Re: running a sas file within a sas file
Like Joep wrote: that seems to be the right thing for the macro facility. With %include you are very static. With the macro facility that could be very dynamic. The simplest thing is: you could provide the statements you want to insert as parameter: %macro doit(stmt1=,stmt2=); ..... &stmt1 ..... &stmt2 ..... %mend; %doit(stmt1=%str(y=sqrt(y);), stmt2=%str(if y<2 then y=2;) ); with many other things you can do, e.g. conditional creating of statements, naming variables by parameters, create multiple statements with macro loops and much more. On the other hand: if you want to do such simple things like you wrote, avoid any %INC or %MACRO things! It is far more readable, if you don't use %INCLUDES. What do you think, that data-step will do: data a; %inc(inc1); %inc(inc2); %inc(inc3); run; ??? instead of: data a; set sashelp.class; if age>11 then age=11; keep name age; run; Gerhard On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 01:42:03 -0700, Joep Steeman <jsteeman@BUSINESSDECISION.COM> wrote: >On 9 jun, 09:20, zpe...@NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU (Zach Peery) wrote: >> Sorry to bug you all with such an easy one, but I havent had much luck >> with the usual help sources. >> >> I just want to run a sas program file within a sas program file. For >> example, in sas file 1 I want to set x equal to 2, then with file 2 >> invoked by file 1, I want to set y = 3. >> >> So sas file 1 looks like this... >> &g...

Re: Storing SAS-programs and -macros in SAS-datasets on a HOST-platform #4
SI provide an example of using a sas catalog as if it were a pds (as a "aggregate storage location"), in the onlinedoc at http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/lrdict.hlp/a000214504.htm#a00 0351123 (this is a 9.1.3 link, but the example is valid since before sas v8) However, sas catalogs don't (neccessarily) make cross/platform operations easier. A program is usually a lot smaller that the space it takes up in a sas catalog as a source entry. If you have a lot of programs, the proc upload or download time may become less welcome ;-) "Aggregate storage location&quo...

Re: Convert pdf datafile to SAS dataset #4
I have had a couple occasions in which I needed to read information from power station operating logs which had been stored as daily pdf files. In both occasions, I used a utility program to convert the pdfs to text which I parsed and yes, the files are messy and the parsing can take some tweaking to get it to work. The first time, I used GhostScript which is a file translator which can work in a gui display mode but which also has an executable module which I could call with a SAS X command. The downside to this approach was that I had to translate each file individually which meant that I had to set up a macro which looped through all of the files and it took a number of minutes to process a year's worth of files. When I had to repeat this process last fall, I found a utility which did a quick dump of the contents of a folder of pdfs which ran a lot quicker. Unfortunately, all of that information is at home but I can track down the name of this utility if you should need it. I googled it so if you are in a hurry, you should be able to find it. Hopefully your files were all computer generated with little human involvement. In the case of the ones that I was using, they stored simple typed entries but every now and then, the guy doing the recording was able to vary the entry a bit which made parsing the file challenging. Nat Wooding Environmental Specialist III Dominion, Environmental Biology 4111 Castlewood Rd Richmond, VA 23234 Phone:804-271-5313, Fax: 804-271-2977...

Re: Creating SAS datasets from reading a file #4
Interesting -- this is around the third time today that this question has come up. You could use the approach Data dwproject_NY dwproject_md etc ; infile ... input ...; if state ='NY' then output dwproject_NY; else if state ='MD' then output dwproject_Md; else you need one of these for each state. run; And, I must ask, why do you want a separate file for each state? Nat Wooding Environmental Specialist III Dominion, Environmental Biology 4111 Castlewood Rd Richmond, VA 23234 Phone:804-271-5313, Fax: 804-271-2977 SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde <ddraj2015@GMAIL. To COM> SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent by: "SAS(r) cc Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.U Subject GA.EDU> Creating SAS datasets from reading a file 07/11/2008 02:57 PM Please respond to SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Chandra Gadde <ddraj2015@GMAIL. COM> Hi All I need your help in creting SAS datasets based on sates in a file. I need to create sas dataset for each state that is saved in a file. I have a file called stlist.del is saved in the following path. C:\dwproject\stlist.d...

Re: Problems converting spss file to sas #4
Ahhhh... Nothing like google to come up with the following: /* Ask dr. mean http://www.childrensmercy.com/stats/data/dates.asp SPSS stores date/time values as the number of seconds since October 14, 1582 (the start of the Gregorian calendar). If you specify only a date and not a time, then SPSS sets the time to midnight. When you subtract two dates, you get the duration of injury in seconds. Divide by 86,400 (=24*60*60) to get the duration of injury in days. Divide again by 7, 30, or 365.25 to get duration in weeks, months, or years. */ DATA _null_; spssdt = '14oct1582'd; input sec; sasdt = spssdt + sec/(3660*24); put sasdt date9.; cards; 12527222400 12529296000 12531196800 12534566400 12538022400 12540182400 12541737600 12545625600 ;;;; From the log: 01APR1973 24APR1973 16MAY1973 23JUN1973 02AUG1973 26AUG1973 13SEP1973 27OCT1973 Does it look better? -----Original Message----- From: data _null_, [mailto:datanull@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:37 PM To: Wright, Richard Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: Problems converting spss file to sas On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Richard Wright <richard.wright@dars.state.tx.us> wrote: > Looks like you might be picking it up as a datetime value, but it's > hard to say - what does the original data look like? That seems reasonable but the years don't quite look right. It may be a date or datetime with a different base date. brth_dat=12527222400 brth_da...

Re: Reading a file and Creating SAS datasets #4
Mike , A Hash solution would do it in one step. Toby Dunn "Don't bail. The best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap." Randy Pausch "Be prepared. Luck is where preparation meets opportunity." Randy Pausch > Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 17:52:15 -0400 > From: msz03@ALBANY.EDU > Subject: Re: Reading a file and Creating SAS datasets > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > > hi ... though I do not use CALL EXECUTE very often, I think that this is task where it might be of > use ... here's an example using SASHELP.ZIPCODE that contains a variable (STATECODE) with values > of the standard two-letter state abbreviations ... it reads instream data but could just as easily > read the state codes from an external file or a data set ... > > data _null_; > input state $2.; > call execute(cat( > > 'data ',state, ';', > 'set sashelp.zipcode;', > 'where statecode eq "',state,'";', > 'run;' > > )); > datalines; > NY > AL > AK > ; > run; > > -- > Mike Zdeb > U@Albany School of Public Health > One University Place > Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 > P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475 > >> Thank you Jane. It really helped me a lot. >> >> >> On Mon, 12 May 2008 15:46:42 -0400, SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Jane Xue >> wrote: >> >>>Wish this could hlep some: >>> >>>DATA s...

Re: How to convert all the xpt files in a folder to sas datasets
Subject: Re: how read *.xpt? information: proc copy xpt files to a libref http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0704B&L=sas-l&P=15209 Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of SAS_learner > Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 5:01 PM > To: SAS(r) Discussion > Subject: How to convert all the xpt files in a folder to sas datasets > > %Macro ds(ds ) ; > Libname Raw_xpt xport "Z:\MNTX\MNTX3301\Phase > Forward\SDTM\Draft_17_MNTX3301_Prod\&ds..xpt" access = readonly ; > Libname Raw_sets "Z:\Develop\data" ; > data &ds ; > set raw_xpt.&ds; > Run; > %Mend ; > %ds(ae) ; > %ds(am) ; > ' > ' > ' > I know this might have been done before by someone I need to > get the List of all the datasets in the Folder where .XPT > files are located and change them to sas datasets, I am using > above code and it is doing what I need to do, but only thing > thing is I need to Physically supply List of all the DCM's > names to macro %ds but I do want to do that. I tried to pick > list of all he datasets using Proc Sql ; select memname into > : vname separated by " " from dictionary.columns ; Quit ; > but I do not know how to use that List to make Individual > datasets ?? Any Ideas > > ...

Re: Convert PDF into Excel or SAS file #4
Another free option in terms of conversion software is the pair of programs offered by NLM available at http://docmorph.nlm.nih.gov/docmorph/default.htm One is for use on the web; the other you download. Very handy when you are traveling/not at your own computer. Docmorph converts PDF to text. Then you would need to read the text-only file into Excel/SAS/whatever. Same accuracy limitations as Ghostscript, Adobe Acrobat. I've used the web version with good results. -Laurel Copeland, Audie Murphy VAMC, San Antonio, Texas ...

Re: Converting Macro Variable to a SAS Dataset Variable #4
Siddharth, If I understand properly, you are looking to identify, for each subject / organ code (where here is organ code, by the way - is that lasticd?), whether there is a difference between one visit and the next? For that I imagine you're best off using one of the various stat procs, I'm not an expert in that area but there are plenty of ways of analyzing change over (variable) of (variable). You could also normalize your data (if it's not already, that's not clear) by visit date and create three visit date tables, one for each date of interest, and then merge them together, then creating a fourth variable as the difference between the three. -Joe On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Siddharth Jain <sjain@aveopharma.com>wrot= e: > Hello Joe, > > > > Thanks for your response. Below is the code I have up till now: > > > > Per subjid per visit per organ code, I have to see whether result is > changing or not. > > > > Thanks, > > Siddharth > > > > > > > > *data* la11; > > set la; > > if lacat in ('NTL=92) and subjid in ('101-001'); > > keep subjid visitnum lasitcd lastresc; > > *run*; > > > > *proc* *sql*; > > select distinct LASTRESC into :p1 separated by ',' from la11 wherevisi= tnum eq > 1; > > select distinct LASTRESC into :p2 separated by ',' from la11 wherevisi= tnum eq > 222;...

Web resources about - Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset #4 - comp.soft-sys.sas

Converting dry air to water: solution to Broken Hill's water crisis gains support
A one-man crusade by a Broken Hill resident to solve the historic town's water crisis by introducing air to water converters is gaining support. ...