Re: Error in converting Transport file back into SAS dataset #3

rao.bingi@GMAIL.COM wrote:
>I am getting following error message.
>
>what I did
>
>I created a SAS Transport file by using "XPORT" engine and PROC COPY.
>Then I moved the xxxx.xpt file into my company internal web site. Later
>I just down loaded the xxx.xpt file. Strated converting into SAS
>dataset. Iam unable to convert the xpt file back into SAS dataset.
>
>The error message
>

>5    libname saslib   'C:\coder\import\';
>NOTE: Libref SASLIB was successfully assigned as follows:
>       Engine:        V8
>       Physical Name: C:\coder\import
>5  !                                       /*output*/
>6    libname  pear  xport  'C:\coder\bnfcode.xpt';
>NOTE: Libref PEAR was successfully assigned as follows:
>       Engine:        XPORT
>       Physical Name: C:\coder\bnfcode.xpt
>6  !                                               /*input*/
>7    proc copy in=pear out=saslib;
>8    RUN;
>
>NOTE: Input library PEAR is sequential.
>NOTE: Copying PEAR.BNFCODE to SASLIB.BNFCODE (memtype=DATA).
>NOTE: BUFSIZE is not cloned when copying across different engines.
>       System Option for BUFSIZE was used.
>ERROR: The value  L1DCODE is not a valid SAS name.
>ERROR: File SASLIB.BNFCODE.DATA has not been saved because copy could
>not be completed.
>NOTE: Statements not processed because of errors noted above.
>NOTE: PROCEDURE COPY used:
>       real time           1.18 seconds
>       cpu time            0.52 seconds
>
>NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
>

>If you faced this kind of error in the past, please let me know

How did you 'move' that transport file?
What are the OSes you started from and moved to?
What version of SAS on each?

Is it possible that you corrupted the file by 'moving' it improperly?

HTH,
David
--
David L. Cassell
mathematical statistician

davidlcassell (5567)

Hi Guys

The issue is Transfer mode. Now we changed to BINARY. It was working
fine.
Thank you for all your help

Thanks
Rao

0
rao.bingi (15)
2/6/2006 4:02:21 PM
On Monday, February 6, 2006 at 11:02:21 AM UTC-5, Rao Bingi wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> The issue is Transfer mode. Now we changed to BINARY. It was working
> fine.
> Thank you for all your help
>
> Thanks
> Rao

Hello Rao,

I have similar issue converting XPT to datasets and I am having the similar error message

NOTE: Input library XPTFILES is sequential.
ERROR: Physical file does not exist, mypath/ae.xpt

Please let me know the way you were able to convert them.

Thanks
0
rajeshpatti