Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #2

You could try PROC EXPORT instead of the datastep... it should work to
export a comma-delimited file.  But Mike's suggestion will work well, and
might be more flexible for you - and is not dissimilar to what PROC EXPORT
actually physically does, I suspect.

-Joe

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Ranjhana <ranjhanas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I used the following code to export a SAS dataset to text file, but i
> am unable to get the header. Can anybody tell me how to get the header
> (Variable names) to the text file ?
>
> Filename out "/home/z19/test_export.txt";
> data _null_;
> set ranj.layout_archive_prodcar;
> file out;
> put (_all_) ('09'x);