From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Bill Droogendyk
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 2:04 PM
To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export

Folks:

I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe
that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to
build an MS Access file.  Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch
on our PC network.  I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc
export on the MF.

I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and
ftp.  MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a
size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent"
way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base?

Thanks,  Bill
0
Toby.Dunn (894)

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #5
How about you cron (?) something like this job on the MF in batch mode: /*FTP LOCAL PC ASSUMING IIS FTP SERVER IS RUNNING.*/ filename abc ftp '' cd='/test/' user='ben.powell' host='HOST.IP' pass='XXXXXXXX'; data _NULL_; file abc dlm = ',' dsd; set &exportdataset; put VAR1 VAR2; run; Then use a scheduled task on the PC to suck the data in, a suitable interval after the ftp is completed. If unsure, you can run a %DO loop to check the record count and see if it is still being written to before getting SAS to trigger the Access Macro to import the data. CSV files have no limit. Hope that is of some interest, Ben. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:03:59 -0500, Bill Droogendyk <bill_droogendyk@DOFASCO.CA> wrote: >Folks: > >I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe >that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to >build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch >on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc >export on the MF. > >I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and >ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a >size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" >way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? > >Thanks, Bill ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #4
Hi Bill - I think you already have your answer - Access reads HTML files just as Excel does. HTML has no table size limits I'm aware of. Use ODS to create the HTML file and read the HTML file directly with MSAccess, skipping Excel. BTW isn't the 65k row limit in Excel absurd? regards Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 12:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? Thanks, Bill ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #6
To do it with SAS Base software alone, and without an intermediate file, try DDE. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:03:59 -0500, Bill Droogendyk <bill_droogendyk@DOFASCO.CA> wrote: >Folks: > >I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe >that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to >build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch >on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc >export on the MF. > >I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and >ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a >size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" >way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? > >Thanks, Bill ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #3
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:03:59 -0500, Bill Droogendyk <bill_droogendyk@DOFASCO.CA> wrote: >Folks: > >I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe >that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to >build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch >on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc >export on the MF. > >I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and >ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a >size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" >way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? > >Thanks, Bill Hi, Bill, Consider producing .csv file on MF side, Then, later, move it to pc. MS Access should have no problem importing (or linking) .csv file into its table. Just my $.02 Cheers, Chang ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #2
You got sas/access for odbc? It's easy to do w/that: libname mdb ODBC required = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=C:\Documents and Settings\pardre1\Desktop\DocEMails.mdb" ; libname scratch "\\ctrhs-dbserver\warehouse\sasdata\crn_vdw\scratch" ; data scratch.DocEMails ; set mdb.DocEMails ; run ; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 12:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? Thanks, Bill ...

from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export
Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only S...

Re: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS
XML, OleDb driver for SAS (free), ODBC driver from SAS (free). SAS/Access is only required to get data from a source, not the other way around. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of RolandRB Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:50 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Q: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS What is the easiest and neatest way to get a sas data set into MySQL without using SAS/ACCESS? I am hoping there are some useful URLs for this. ...

Re: Q: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS
If the dataset is not huge, then converting the database table into a CSV file may be the way to go. MYSQL's own CSV read/write facility is extremely efficient (or was when I used it three years ago). On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:50 PM, RolandRB <rolandberry@hotmail.com> wrote: > What is the easiest and neatest way to get a sas data set into MySQL > without using SAS/ACCESS? I am hoping there are some useful URLs for > this. > ...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access
Easiest way I can think of is to use a macro: %macro exporttoaccess(dset); PROC EXPORT DATA= K.&dset. OUTTABLE= "&dset" DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; DATABASE="LOCATION"; RUN; %mend; and then you call it once for each table you want exported. It's technically doing a separate export, though you don't have to rewrite the code each time. (Note, it assumes all of your datasets are in library K - if this is not true it needs to have a library macro variable passed as well). I suspect you could also use LIBNAME to do this, but I am not familiar with how to use LIBNAMEs with access so I'll let someone more export to answer that. -Joe On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Kim Brown <kibrown@ladhs.org> wrote: > Hi all, > Export from SAS to MS Access: > Is there a way to export 20 Data sets from SAS into MS Access without > writing separate export statement? > > This is the syntax, I'm using now. > PROC EXPORT DATA= K.HDHS_APR08 > OUTTABLE= "HDHS_apr08" > DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; > DATABASE="LOCATION"; > RUN; > > Any help is appreciated, Thanks. Kim > ...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access #2
Kim - open the MDB with the Access libname engine and use proc copy. libname mdb 'file.mdb'; proc copy in=sashelp out=mdb mt=data; select c:; run; libname mdb clear; You can list the files in the select statement or just drop it if you are copying a whole library. The MDB has to already exist, unlike the Excel libname the Access libname does not create files - so you can create it by hand, or trick SAS into making it. data dummy; dummy=''; run; filename MakeMDB 'file.mdb'; proc export data=dummy outtable="dummy" dbms=access2000 replace; database=MakeMDB; run; filename MakeMDB clear; proc delete data=dummy; run; libname acctb access 'file.mdb'; proc delete data=acctb.dummy; run; libname acctb clear; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Kim Brown Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:47 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access Hi all, Export from SAS to MS Access: Is there a way to export 20 Data sets from SAS into MS Access without writing separate export statement? This is the syntax, I’m using now. PROC EXPORT DATA= K.HDHS_APR08 OUTTABLE= "HDHS_apr08" DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; DATABASE="LOCATION"; RUN; Any help is appreciated, Thanks. Kim ...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access #3
thanks so much Paul, worked great! ...

Re: Proc SQL Vs. Proc Append in SAS/IntrNet and SAS/Share Environment
Nick, As to your question: ne final question regarding testing. Do you have a recommendation for submitting multiple simultaneous batch jobs that contain the type of code I have included here. Using cron jobs is in my mind the best way to try and create simultaneous processes. I guess the other way to do it to mimic the actual environment would be to have 20 people all hit the submit button on the web page as simultaneously as possible but that seems horribly awkward. Do you have recommendations/code examples for load testing strategies and multiple simultaneous use tests through SAS/Intr...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Re: SAS macro and SAS Proc SQL
Hi Mini, For SAS macros, I'd highly recommend "Carpenter's Complete Guide to the Macro Language" by Art Carpenter (http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=1&pc=59224). Hope this helps, Nancy Nancy Brucken brucken@provide.net On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:04:53 -0700, Mini <minzheng@COMCAST.NET> wrote: >Any one have some books recommended for learning SAS macros and SAS >Proc SQL? Thanks. ...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

Re: SAS and MS Access
If you don't then you could perhaps consider bolting on your own JDBC interface in Java? (JDBC is free SAS ACCESS to PC is not...) On Thu, 6 May 2004 07:27:13 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?q?Ari=20Toikka?= <toikkari@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote: >Hi, > >if you have ACCESS to PC Data files licensed, >you can use the import / export wizards (File / Import Data) >You can then save the generated program, which >might look for example like this: > >Proc import out = sasuser.test > datatable="h456test" > dbms =ACCESS97 replace; > DATABASE="T:\h345test.mdb"; >run; >If you have columns in MS Access having a length over 1024 characters, >you have to add: > >Memosize=xxxxxxx ; /* xxxxx=the maximum length */ > >Ari Toikka >Statistics Finland > > > > > > >Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote:Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. > >Thanks >Peter. > > >--------------------------------- > Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now ...

Q: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS
What is the easiest and neatest way to get a sas data set into MySQL without using SAS/ACCESS? I am hoping there are some useful URLs for this. ...

Re: Opening a SAS catalog entry without SAS
Dear Jessica, Yes, the from www.sas.com freely available and distributable SAS system viewer program, vs. 8.02 can show and print vs. 6.12 catalogs. That is something, but not enough of course. And I don't understand that discrepancy, as the vs. 6.12 SASview already could do that too. Of course the vs. 8.02 can read vs. 8.02 (actually vs. 7) SAS datasets. It allows them to be printed or saved as text or comma delimited files. The database conversion program DBMS/copy may read and convert (format) catalogs as well, but I am not sure about that. I don't know about SAS LE, but I assume it should be able to read (certain format) catalogs as well. Except for the real SAS, that's all I can think of. Regards - Jim. -- .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jim Groeneveld, MSc. Biostatistician Science Team Vitatron B.V. Meander 1051 6825 MJ Arnhem Tel: +31/0 26 376 7365 Fax: +31/0 26 376 7305 Jim.Groeneveld@Vitatron.com www.vitatron.com I wish I had a webcam to show you the boring view from my window. [common disclaimer] -----Original Message----- From: Jessica Gallegos [mailto:jessica_m_gallegos@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 22:47 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Opening a SAS catalog entry without SAS Does anyone know of a way to examine/print SAS catalog entries, i.e. source entries, without having the SAS system installed? Does the SAS Learning Edition allow one to do this? I would like to be able to look at some of my SCL and SO...

Re: MS Access and SAS datasets
Use PROC FORMAT with the CNTLOUT option to dump your formats. I don't know about the labels. Access has a "Description" field in its metadata structure, so it's reasonable to expect the labels to end up there. On Mon, 23 May 2005 14:01:18 -0800, David Neal <afdbn@UAA.ALASKA.EDU> wrote: >I'm trying to move several SAS datasets to a single MS Access database. >When I use proc copy to move the data, I get the following note: > > > >NOTE: Copying SCFSAS.PT_MISC to SCFFAS.PT_MISC (memtype=DATA). > >NOTE: SAS variable labels, formats, and lengths are not written to DBMS >tables. > > > >My problem is that I'm interested in keeping the variable labels and the >formats as well. Is it possible for SAS to automatically create the "lookup >tables" from the formats? Also, is there a way to keep the variable labels >when I move from SAS to Access? > > > >David Neal ...

Re: SAS and MS Access #4
Peter, If you want to access the tables rather than copy the data to SAS, and you have ACCESS to PC Data Files licensed as Ari mentioned, you can use a LIBNAME statement. LibName yourMdb odbc complete="dsn=MS Access Database;dbq=your data file" ; You might have problems with names of tables and variables; Access is much more open about that than SAS. If so, try the VALIDVARNAME=ANY system option and name literals -- e.g. "Cost in $"n Ed Edward Heaton, SAS Senior Systems Analyst, Westat (An Employee-Owned Research Corporation), 1600 Research Boulevard, RW-3541, Rockville, MD 20850-3195 Voice: (301) 610-4818 Fax: (301) 610-5128 mailto:EdHeaton@Westat.com http://www.Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: Ari Toikka [mailto:toikkari@YAHOO.CO.UK] Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:27 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS and MS Access Hi, if you have ACCESS to PC Data files licensed, you can use the import / export wizards (File / Import Data) You can then save the generated program, which might look for example like this: Proc import out = sasuser.test datatable="h456test" dbms =ACCESS97 replace; DATABASE="T:\h345test.mdb"; run; If you have columns in MS Access having a length over 1024 characters, you have to add: Memosize=xxxxxxx ; /* xxxxx=the maximum length */ Ari Toikka Statistics Finland Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote:Hi SAS-L, I am wondering w...

Re: Proc Export to MS Access
Hey Bill - A stab in the dark: Have you tried all three with double quotes? Your DBS might be defaulting to an UID and confusing the WGDB. DBPWD=""; PWD=""; UID=""; Or taking off the WORKGPDB="\\Hafs01\HACommShare\CapPlanTubes\CapPlanTubesData\INV.mdw"; ? Hope that doesn't hurt! Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 9:09 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Proc Export to MS Access Folks: The Export Wizard built the following code for me. It works well in Wizard mode, but produces the security error when I try to run it in a program. The Access mdb has no passwords attached to it. Adding dbpwd=' '; and pwd=' '; do not make any difference. Does anyone have any ideas? PROC EXPORT DATA= data.INVENTORY OUTTABLE= "SERNOF" DBMS=ACCESS2000 REPLACE; DATABASE="\\Hafs01\HACommShare\CapPlanTubes\CapPlanTubesData\INV.mdb"; WORKGPDB="\\Hafs01\HACommShare\CapPlanTubes\CapPlanTubesData\INV.mdw"; RUN; ERROR: The security information supplied is incomplete. Check the usage of PASSWORD and DBPWD. Thanks, wd Today's gift is ... Today! ...

Re: SAS and MS Access #2
On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:33:43 -0400, Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote: >Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. Hi, Peter, If you have SAS/Access OLE DB, then it gives you more control. The following code shows that you can use an access table as if it is a sas dataset. If field name has embedded blanks, you can use something like, 'field name'n as the variable name. dbmax_text dataset option handles long text fields (>254 or >1000, I can't remember exactly) or memo field. HTH. Cheers, Chang libname myMdb oledb provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" properties=('Data Source'='c:\my.mdb') preserve_tab_names=yes ; proc freq data=myMdb.myTable(dbmax_text=32767); tables myField/list missing; run; libname myMdb clear; ...

Re: Opening a SAS catalog entry without SAS #2
Hi Michael and other (lady) friends, I can't remember I ever used it, but I remember trying to read a vs. 8 (or vs. 7) catalog, which did not work. But it should be able to read pre-vs.7 catalogs. The SAS system viewer vs. 8.02 (release 8.2.1.0) documentation (help) says: ========= The SAS System Viewer lets you view the following types of SAS files: Files supported by Viewer: Read Only 7.00 Data Sets created under the Windows environment (sas7bdat, sd7) 6.04 - 6.12 Data Sets (sd2, ssd, ssd0x, saseb$data) 6.06 - 6.12 Catalogs - Directory Information Only (sc2, sct, sct0x, saseb$catalog) 3.2.2 JMP� Data Sets - Macintosh and Windows (jmp) SAS Transport Files (stx, xpt) SAS Log Files (.lst, .lis) SAS List Files (.log) HTML Files (.html, .htm) Read and Write Enabled Comma Delimited Files (csv) Space Delimited Files (prn) Text Based Files (sas, dat, cfg) Note: SAS data sets, generated by Release 6.04 and later of the SAS System for Windows, OS/2, or DOS, can be up to 2 gigabytes in size. Data sets can be compressed, encrypted, indexed, or audited. Note that only data sets compressed by using the COMPRESS=YES or COMPRESS=CHAR data set options (ie RLE algorithm) are supported. Data sets compressed by using the COMPRESS=BINARY data set option (ie RDC algorithm) are not supported. Also note that the auxiliary files created to support indexing (ie .sas7bndx or .si2) or auditing ( ie .sas7baud) cannot be opened by the viewer. Cross-platform Access...

Web resources about - Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export - comp.soft-sys.sas

The Devil and Hillary Clinton
With all of the handwringing over neo-fascist buffoon and likely next President of the United States Donald Trump, very little of value is being ...

Greenville police officer killed; suspect shot, killed himself
Greenville News Greenville police officer killed; suspect shot, killed himself Greenville News A Greenville police officer running after a ...

Steam is ready to play all your games in VR
Not too long ago Valve announced that it had a way to play all of your Steam games in virtual reality, rather than just those built solely for ...

N. Korea fires ballistic missile into sea, ignoring UN ban
Boston Herald N. Korea fires ballistic missile into sea, ignoring UN ban Boston Herald SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea ignored U.N. resolutions ...

Two more Alcatel Idol 4 phones detailed: one powerful Windows and one smaller Android
EXCLUSIVE: Rapidly-growing smartphone brand Alcatel, manufactured by China’s TCL Corporation, showed off a pair of handsets from its flagship ...

DxOMark Names The Galaxy S7 Edge’s Camera As The Best
While Samsung’s Galaxy S series of smartphones has typically held its own in the camera department over the years, it seems that the company ...

Corinthian Colleges Allegedly Recruited Homeless Students, Advertised Non-Existent Programs
Just when you think the accusations levied against now-defunct for-profit college chain Corinthian Colleges couldn’t get worse — inflating job ...

Apple's fight with the FBI is about LGBTQ issues as well as privacy
As the battle between the FBI and Apple rumbles on, the debate about encryption has intensified, bringing with it renewed discussion about privacy ...

The EU just struck a deal to send refugees back to Turkey
The European Union on Friday struck a deal with Turkey under which refugees arriving in Europe will be sent back across the Aegean Sea. The ...

Russian rocket with US grandpa astronaut onboard lifts off for space station
A Russian rocket lifted off from the Baikonur space base Friday, carrying three crew to the International Space Station, including a US grandfather ...