Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #3

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:03:59 -0500, Bill Droogendyk
<bill_droogendyk@DOFASCO.CA> wrote:

>Folks:
>
>I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe
>that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to
>build an MS Access file.  Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch
>on our PC network.  I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc
>export on the MF.
>
>I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and
>ftp.  MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a
>size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent"
>way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base?
>
>Thanks,  Bill

Hi, Bill,

Consider producing .csv file on MF side, Then, later, move it to pc. MS
Access should have no problem importing (or linking) .csv file into its
table. Just my $.02

Cheers,
Chang
0
chang_y_chung (1975)

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export
Bill, proc export data=sasuser.cust outtable="customers" dbms=access97 replace; database="c:\myfiles\mydatabase.mdb"; run; HTH Toby Dunn -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 2:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? Thanks, Bill ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #6
To do it with SAS Base software alone, and without an intermediate file, try DDE. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:03:59 -0500, Bill Droogendyk <bill_droogendyk@DOFASCO.CA> wrote: >Folks: > >I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe >that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to >build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch >on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc >export on the MF. > >I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and >ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a >size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" >way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? > >Thanks, Bill ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #2
You got sas/access for odbc? It's easy to do w/that: libname mdb ODBC required = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=C:\Documents and Settings\pardre1\Desktop\DocEMails.mdb" ; libname scratch "\\ctrhs-dbserver\warehouse\sasdata\crn_vdw\scratch" ; data scratch.DocEMails ; set mdb.DocEMails ; run ; -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 12:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? Thanks, Bill ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #4
Hi Bill - I think you already have your answer - Access reads HTML files just as Excel does. HTML has no table size limits I'm aware of. Use ODS to create the HTML file and read the HTML file directly with MSAccess, skipping Excel. BTW isn't the 65k row limit in Excel absurd? regards Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 12:04 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? Thanks, Bill ...

Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #5
How about you cron (?) something like this job on the MF in batch mode: /*FTP LOCAL PC ASSUMING IIS FTP SERVER IS RUNNING.*/ filename abc ftp '' cd='/test/' user='ben.powell' host='HOST.IP' pass='XXXXXXXX'; data _NULL_; file abc dlm = ',' dsd; set &exportdataset; put VAR1 VAR2; run; Then use a scheduled task on the PC to suck the data in, a suitable interval after the ftp is completed. If unsure, you can run a %DO loop to check the record count and see if it is still being written to before getting SAS to trigger the Access Macro to import the data. CSV files have no limit. Hope that is of some interest, Ben. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:03:59 -0500, Bill Droogendyk <bill_droogendyk@DOFASCO.CA> wrote: >Folks: > >I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe >that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to >build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch >on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc >export on the MF. > >I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and >ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a >size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" >way to produce (directly) ms access files with only SAS Base? > >Thanks, Bill ...

from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export
Folks: I've an application running from my PC via SAS Connect to the Mainframe that harvests some MF data, downloads the data and uses proc export to build an MS Access file. Now and again, the app fails due to a glitch on our PC network. I'm doing it this way because we don't have proc export on the MF. I can produce xl files from the MF to the PC network with ODS, html and ftp. MS Access imports xl files quite readily, but xl files do have a size limit that we sometimes exceed.Is there also a simple "equivalent" way to produce (directly) ms access files with only S...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access #3
thanks so much Paul, worked great! ...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #3
Jean - Unfortunately you are stuck - SAS only allows dataset names up to 32 bytes long - using name literals or conventional names. Defining short-named queries of your tables within MSAccess is a very good idea. The SAS libname engine will read the queries as tables and it doesn't necessitate changing your table names. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of JKamgang@Yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run...

Re: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS
XML, OleDb driver for SAS (free), ODBC driver from SAS (free). SAS/Access is only required to get data from a source, not the other way around. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of RolandRB Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:50 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Q: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS What is the easiest and neatest way to get a sas data set into MySQL without using SAS/ACCESS? I am hoping there are some useful URLs for this. ...

Re: Excel2007 & SAS 9.1.3 (PROC Export or Import) #3
Reeza, I wanted to test out my data management tool and what better than a way to convert an Excel 2007 file to a SAS dataset from the command line. The utility can be found here: http://utilities.savian.net/ #24 The utility installs to Program Files/Savian/ConvertExcelToSas. Execute the ConvertExcelToSas with a /? Command to see the usage. You also need the Sas OleDb tool and the SAS Local Provider to make it all happen. All free. I also updated the demo on sascommunity.org of my Savian Data Management tool to illustrate how to do this in code. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Reeza Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 10:35 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Excel2007 & SAS 9.1.3 (PROC Export or Import) On Oct 9, 5:20 pm, savian...@GMAIL.COM (Alan Churchill) wrote: > Caveat time. > > I only do exporting and not importing into SAS. Excel 2007 uses a completely > different file format (zipped XML) than Excel 2003. Hence, in order to > import Excel 2007 into SAS you would need to save it as an Excel 2003 format > first or save it as something else (tab-delimited). You could probably also > set up an OleDb or ODBC connection to it since SAS shouldn't care. > > Excel 2007, IMO, is worth the hassle. It is an incredible tool and certainly > is a strong BI platform. > > Alan > > Alan Churchill > Savianwww.savia...

Re: SAS and MS Access #3
DDE works. Here is an example: filename ecw dde "msaccess|ecw;view For Publication!all" lrecl=2000 notab; data ecw; infile ecw firstobs=2 dsd dlm='09'x missover; input country : $60. [etc.] ; [etc.] A serious problem arises if there are newlines within text fields. If they are not masked somehow, they are interpreted as end-of-record indicators, which makes a real mess of things.. If there are simple ways to mask newlines, in either direction (Access to SAS or SAS to Access), I don't know them. In the example above, I am reading a view which I created solely to drop the fields containing newlines (fortunately I did not need those fields on the SAS side). On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:33:43 -0400, Peter Hruby <hrubyp@SYMPATICO.CA> wrote: >Hi SAS-L, > >I am wondering what choice do I have to access tables in MS Access datbase. >Can I use SAS/Access to ODBC or SAS/Access to PC Files or DDE or WB scripts? >I appreciate any experience and examples. > >Thanks >Peter. ...

Re: Opening a SAS catalog entry without SAS #3
There is a good story to go with this about trying to hide source code in a catalog. Opening the file with a text editor will reveal almost everything in an ugly but readable manner. -----Original Message----- From: Michael L. Davis [mailto:michael@BASSETTCONSULTING.COM] Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:36 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Opening a SAS catalog entry without SAS Hello Friends, Jim Groenveld makes my point: 6.06 - 6.12 Catalogs - Directory Information Only (sc2, sct, sct0x, saseb$catalog) I suspect that Jessica wants to do more than see the directory information. Plus, I don't think that you can review the directory information in catalogs for Releases past 6.12. For any birdies that might be listening, it would be wonderful if the viewer would let you look at text information such as source entries. - Michael "Mad Doggy" Davis At 04:07 PM 10/22/2003 +0200, "Groeneveld, Jim" <jim.groeneveld@VITATRON.COM> wrote: >Hi Michael and other (lady) friends, > >I can't remember I ever used it, but I remember trying to read a vs. 8 (or >vs. 7) catalog, which did not work. But it should be able to read pre-vs.7 >catalogs. The SAS system viewer vs. 8.02 (release 8.2.1.0) documentation >(help) says: > >========= >The SAS System Viewer lets you view the following types of SAS files: > >Files supported by Viewer: > >Read Only 7.00 Data Sets created under the Windows environme...

Re: Q: SAS -> MySQL without SAS/ACCESS
If the dataset is not huge, then converting the database table into a CSV file may be the way to go. MYSQL's own CSV read/write facility is extremely efficient (or was when I used it three years ago). On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:50 PM, RolandRB <rolandberry@hotmail.com> wrote: > What is the easiest and neatest way to get a sas data set into MySQL > without using SAS/ACCESS? I am hoping there are some useful URLs for > this. > ...

Re: Proc Export Unix SAS #3
Claus, Did you own the "PC File Server" product that must run on Windows ? Are you considering the other options like ods ? --=20 Att: Paulo R. Herculano SAS Consultant +55-11-9226 6618 Sk=E5l Thunar!! On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Joe Matise <snoopy369@gmail.com> wrote: > Which SAS version and DBMS type do you use in unix? Here we don't have P= C > Files on Unix, so we only use it on the PC version. I know that DBMS=3DX= LS > doesn't support the sheet option, though... and SAS 8 didn't support shee= ts > at least initially. Maybe that's the issue? > > -Joe > > On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:58 AM, jlee8071@gmail.com <jlee8071@gmail.com > >wrote: > > > On Dec 15, 8:50 pm, "jlee8...@gmail.com" <jlee8...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Dear all, > > > > > > this is a follow-up question for a post earlier about > > usingProcExportinSASUnix. > > > > > > Apparent, for exporting MS Excel files, the "sheet" option does not > > > work inunixsas > > > > > > Does anyone know how to get around this issue? > > > > > > thank you, > > > claus > > > > Anyone ? Please help with this issue. I thought this is quite a > > relevant question > > > On Dec 17, 9:46=A0am, rodrigo.paulo...@GMAIL.COM (Paulo Rodrigo) wrote: > Claus, > =A0 Did you own the "PC Fil...

Re: Proc Export to MS Access #3
Bill - Don't know if you're in v9, but we have been piloting the libname access engine and it opens up access tables like SAS datasets inside a library. Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 9:45 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Proc Export to MS Access Thanks to Paul Choate. Both solutions work, i.e dropping the workgrp path (which the wizard asks you specify) or adding all 3 of dbpwd, pwd, uid. wd Today's gift is ... Today! -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Choate, Paul@DDS Sent: 22 July, 2004 12:30 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Proc Export to MS Access Hey Bill - A stab in the dark: Have you tried all three with double quotes? Your DBS might be defaulting to an UID and confusing the WGDB. DBPWD=""; PWD=""; UID=""; Or taking off the WORKGPDB="\\Hafs01\HACommShare\CapPlanTubes\CapPlanTubesData\INV.mdw"; ? Hope that doesn't hurt! Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill Droogendyk Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 9:09 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Proc Export to MS Access Folks: The Export Wizard built the following code for me. It works well in Wizard mode, but...

Re: MS Access and SAS datasets #3
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the datasets are quite wide. One of them, for example, has over 1000 variables (columns). Had I been involved with the creation of the initial SAS datasets, I would have suggested a slightly different approach. Since this wasn't the case, I'm stuck working with things the way they are. To complicate things, ACCESS won't handle tables that wide so I'm having to mess with he data anyway. Your (and Howard's) suggestions will at least get me going on the right path. (Maybe I'll just round up some "slave" labor, AKA a graduate student, to set up all the lookup tables in ACCESS.) Thanks again David Neal Choate, Paul@DDS wrote: > Hi David - > > I agree with Howard that CNTLOUT will give you your formats to develop > lookup tables in Access. Alternately if your data isn't large and you > don't care about normal form, you could process your variables through your > formats with put statements and create parallel formatted data. > > In v9 there's VLABEL, VLABELX, and VARLABEL, etc. You can use VLABEL and > array all your _numeric_ and then _character_ columns and create a label > dataset. > > There's also the data dictionary which you can query and use the into: > command to load a macro, or just dump the labels in a dataset. > > Personally, I like to use "options VALIDVARNAME=ANY;" and rename my > variables as their labels before...

Re: PROC EXPORT problem to sas #3
Hopefully, Richard's comments won't be overlooked by my post, as they may constitute the information that the original poster needs. What I am hoping is that a birdie can provide the answer to my question, below. Like others, I ran a test scenario under both conditions, i.e., whether a DBMS statement is included or not. Both scenarios ran but, in both cases, I got the following results: 2946 PROC EXPORT DATA = work.test 2947 DBMS=excel 2948 OUTFILE = "k:\shupoolvhv2006_plz_vnrrnr_ent15.xls" REPLACE; 2949 RUN; NOTE: "TEST" was successfully created. "TEST" wasn't created, "k:\shupoolvhv2006_plz_vnrrnr_ent15.xls" was created. Why did the log show that "test" was created? Art ----------- On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:21:54 -0800, Richard <richard.hockey@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >On Feb 14, 9:34 am, Nathaniel.Wood...@DOM.COM (Nat Wooding) wrote: >> Stefan >> >> In a later post, you say that you will show the log but it does not appear. >> If you included it as an attachment, SASL removed it. The list stopped >> forwarding attachments when viri bacame problem. >> >> As to your code, I created a small data set with the name that you used and >> ran your proc export with the output file path tweaked to my computer. My >> log reads >> >> 472 >> 473 PROC EXPORT DATA = shupoolvhv2006_plz_vnrrnr_ent15 >> 474 OUTFILE = "c:\park\s...

Re: Exporting a SAS data set to Text file on SAS unix #3
hi ... actually, what I posted earlier was too much code (sorry) this is enough (a bit more succinct) * variable names into a macro variable (tab separated); proc sql noprint; select name into :vars separated by '09'x from dictionary.columns where libname eq 'SASHELP' and memname eq 'CLASS' order varnum; quit; data _null_; file 'z:\class.txt' dsd dlm='09'x ; if _n_ eq 1 then put "&vars"; set sashelp.class; put (_all_) (:); run; -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402...

Re: Reading & Writing SAS data sets without SAS #3
Chang, You're correct in that a number of companies have done it. I believe SPSS can do it, WPS, Stat Transfer, dbmscopy, and perhaps others have also done it. But what I think is unique about this is that Alan is talking about offering plug-ins so you can roll-your-own so to speak. How cool would it be to have some type of driver/plugin for R? Phil Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Monday...

Re: PROC EXPORT problem from sas to xls #3
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Frida Aminova > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:47 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: PROC EXPORT problem from sas to xls > > Stefan, > > DBMS= is missing thus making it unclear where to export. > Please consider the > following: > > PROC EXPORT DATA = export > DBMS = Excel2000 /* this will specify an excel engine */ > OUTFILE = "c:\export.xls" REPLACE; > RUN; > > HTH, > > ~Frida Specifying the DBMS may be prudent, but the code that Stefan provided below runs just fine on my WinXP system with SAS 9.1.3 service pack 4. It appears to me there is a problem with his installation. Is SAS Access for PC file formats installed? Dan Daniel J. Nordlund Research and Data Analysis Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Olympia, WA 98504-5204 > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Stefan > Pohl > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:40 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: [SAS-L] PROC EXPORT problem from sas to xls > > Hi sas-group; > > If I use in SAS 9.1.3 SP 4 this small test data set > > data export; > input id; > cards; > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 10 > ; > run; > > PROC EXPORT DA...

Re: Can I manage without SAS ACCESS? #3
Rune Writing text files (this includes CSV) is generally simple. Reading them does require that you understand the file layout and what the names of the columns are. Here is a job that writes out a csv and then reads it back in data test;** create a few lines of data; Do i = 1 to 20; a = 'a'; x = 1; b='b'; y=2; output; end; run; proc print; run; * create a csv; Data _null_; set test; filename Rune 'c:\park\rune.txt'; file Rune; Put (_all_ ) (',') @1 ' '; * THE AT 1 BIT WIPES OUT THE COMMA THAT WOULD OTHERWISE APPEAR AT THE START OF THE LINE; RUN; ** Read the file back in; Data Rune; infile Rune dlm=',' ; informat a $1. x 8. b $1. y 8.; input id a x b y; run; proc print;run; Are you trying to save money by dropping Access or do you not like the procs. One thing that you would give up would be the ability to treat a spreadsheet as if it were a SAS data set but I apparently you have not yet started using the Excel libname engine yet. Nat Wooding Environmental Specialist III Dominion, Environmental Biology 4111 Castlewood Rd Richmond, VA 23234 Phone:804-271-5313, Fax: 804-271-2977 Rune Runnest� <rune@FASTLANE.NO > To Sent by: "SAS(r) SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU ...

Re: Import MS Access data to SAS #3
In v9 with PC Files Access there's my favorite - the libname engine. http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/acpcref.hlp/pclibname.htm libname mymdb "c:\demo.mdb"; proc sql; select idnum, lname from mymdb.staff where state='NY' order by lname; quit; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Guibo > Xing > Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 11:10 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Import MS Access data to SAS > > Hi all, > > What is a good way to transfer MA Access data to SAS. I used proc import > (or > import wizard), but some data formats were lost. Thanks! ...

Re: Exporting Multiple SAS files to MS Access
Easiest way I can think of is to use a macro: %macro exporttoaccess(dset); PROC EXPORT DATA= K.&dset. OUTTABLE= "&dset" DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; DATABASE="LOCATION"; RUN; %mend; and then you call it once for each table you want exported. It's technically doing a separate export, though you don't have to rewrite the code each time. (Note, it assumes all of your datasets are in library K - if this is not true it needs to have a library macro variable passed as well). I suspect you could also use LIBNAME to do this, but I am not familiar with how to use LIBNAMEs with access so I'll let someone more export to answer that. -Joe On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Kim Brown <kibrown@ladhs.org> wrote: > Hi all, > Export from SAS to MS Access: > Is there a way to export 20 Data sets from SAS into MS Access without > writing separate export statement? > > This is the syntax, I'm using now. > PROC EXPORT DATA= K.HDHS_APR08 > OUTTABLE= "HDHS_apr08" > DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE; > DATABASE="LOCATION"; > RUN; > > Any help is appreciated, Thanks. Kim > ...

Re: MS Access
Thanks Joe! Your posts always offer good info and they help me learn a lot. I only tried the data step update because it was something I read about in one of the many helpful SAS papers out there. That explains the log 'replace' note versus an 'update' note. So, here's what I did. I made a little temp data set with 2 obs and 3 variables: State_Project_Number Report_Month Payment_Disburse 0005-05-101 06-2009 111111 0008-14-110 06-2009 111111 Next, used SQL (my SQL knowledge being very limited): PROC SQL; UPDATE RADS.MONTHLY_S...

Web resources about - Re: from SAS to MS Access without Proc Export #3 - comp.soft-sys.sas

The Devil and Hillary Clinton
With all of the handwringing over neo-fascist buffoon and likely next President of the United States Donald Trump, very little of value is being ...

Greenville police officer killed; suspect shot, killed himself
Greenville News Greenville police officer killed; suspect shot, killed himself Greenville News A Greenville police officer running after a ...

Steam is ready to play all your games in VR
Not too long ago Valve announced that it had a way to play all of your Steam games in virtual reality, rather than just those built solely for ...

N. Korea fires ballistic missile into sea, ignoring UN ban
Boston Herald N. Korea fires ballistic missile into sea, ignoring UN ban Boston Herald SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea ignored U.N. resolutions ...

Two more Alcatel Idol 4 phones detailed: one powerful Windows and one smaller Android
EXCLUSIVE: Rapidly-growing smartphone brand Alcatel, manufactured by China’s TCL Corporation, showed off a pair of handsets from its flagship ...

DxOMark Names The Galaxy S7 Edge’s Camera As The Best
While Samsung’s Galaxy S series of smartphones has typically held its own in the camera department over the years, it seems that the company ...

Corinthian Colleges Allegedly Recruited Homeless Students, Advertised Non-Existent Programs
Just when you think the accusations levied against now-defunct for-profit college chain Corinthian Colleges couldn’t get worse — inflating job ...

Apple's fight with the FBI is about LGBTQ issues as well as privacy
As the battle between the FBI and Apple rumbles on, the debate about encryption has intensified, bringing with it renewed discussion about privacy ...

The EU just struck a deal to send refugees back to Turkey
The European Union on Friday struck a deal with Turkey under which refugees arriving in Europe will be sent back across the Aegean Sea. The ...

Russian rocket with US grandpa astronaut onboard lifts off for space station
A Russian rocket lifted off from the Baikonur space base Friday, carrying three crew to the International Space Station, including a US grandfather ...