Re: FTP problem in SAS v9.2 #2

The problem may be with Windows Firewall/McAfee/Other Antivirus
programs blocking all but some programs from using FTP.

> Our program run on z/OS, but the same problem occurs on windows.
> There is no problem accessing the same ftp server from a native ftp client, and ping works as well.
>
> I have opened an issue with SAS.
>
> Gadi

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2 #2
> From: A Little Birdie > > I just searched the SAS-L archives (should have done that > first) and found references to these two pages: > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Category:V9.2_Phase_2 > > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide > > Have you seen this page? > ***************************************************** > http://support.sas.com/kb/35/631.html <---<<< NICE! ***************************************************** > It looks like it addresses your needs, and might be something > nice to add to the SASCo...

Re: FTP problem in SAS v9.2
It works fine with v9.1 and breaks with v9.2. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Anindya Mozumdar Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:56 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: FTP problem in SAS v9.2 The problem may be with Windows Firewall/McAfee/Other Antivirus programs blocking all but some programs from using FTP. > Our program run on z/OS, but the same problem occurs on windows. > There is no problem accessing the same ftp server from a native ftp client, and ping works as well. > > I have opened an issue with SAS. > > Gadi > > > ...

Re: suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2
Subject: Re: v9.2 phase 2, page update "Make the installation of SAS BI Server easier!" .... Ok w/me! Just remember that the majority of us are still just installing only SAS Foundation v9.2, and possibly Enterprise Guide v4.2 My rant/suggestion to Tech Support has been addressed. I have added notes about my conversation with Tech Support to this sas community wiki page: http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide summary: if you have Build # greater than or equal to 28 then you can dispense with ForceInstall. Ronald J. Fehd, IT Spec HelpDesk Level 3: SAS CDC S...

Re: Running SAS jobs sequentially in batch mode
> Note that unless you clean up work datasets and any macro variables created by each production job, subsequent jobs will not be starting in a pristine environment. It may be a good idea to include a new program between each production job to kill all work datasets and query sashelp.vmacro to create %symdel statements to delete macro variables. Would you be kind enough to give sample statements to do the CLEANING and KILLING? Susie Li TV Guide 1211 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10036 Tel 212.852.7453 Email susie.li@tvguide.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [m...

Re: FTP problem in SAS v9.2 #3
On Monday, Mon August 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM GADI_B@MALAM.COM wrote: > We have a set of programs that use the ftp access method to get a > directory listing from a remote ftp server. > > The program does not work in v9.2. The exact same program works > in v9.1. For several years I've had hundreds of production jobs running on z/OS that create output via the FTP access method, so this is something I've had to give special attention. It seems that every major release reliably and consistently breaks the FTP access method. It gets patched and everything is fine, then there's a new release and it's broken again. Then it gets patched, then there's a new release...lather, rinse, repeat. I don't yet have access to 9.2, so I'm afraid that I can't offer any real help here, just condolences and the assurance that if history gives us any clues, SAS *will* fix this. I've been fortunate to always have the current and prior version available, so my workaround has been to have the affected jobs run under the prior version until the current one is fixed. ...

Re: SAS 9.2 Update on problem re Help files #2
SNOTES is an approximately daily email from SAS STech Support listing the new or changed usage notes since the last email. So the item pertaining to you was: 32792 - SAS prompts you to rebuild the index when you press F1 to request help while running a SAS procedure in SAS 9.2 Release(s) Reported: 9.2 Release(s) Fixed: Date Created: 28JUL2008 Date Last Updated: 11AUG2008 http://support.sas.com/kb/32792.html To subscribe, go to http://support.sas.com/techsup/news/snotes.html You'll get an extra email on most workdays, but if you subscribe to SAS-L you'll hardly notice one more. There's also http://support.sas.com/techsup/news/tsnews.html It has news about tech support office hours and a few other things. If you want even more news, and you have an RSS reader, you can go to http://support.sas.com/community/rss/index.html On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:10:05 -0400 (GMT-04:00), "Peter Flom" <peterflomconsulting@mindspring.com> said: > Hi Jack > > I don't think I've ever looked at tech support notes ..... where is it? > Is it useful for browsing? > > Peter > > -----Original Message----- > >From: Jack Hamilton <jfh@alumni.stanford.org> > >Sent: Aug 25, 2008 11:08 AM > >To: Peter Flom <peterflomconsulting@mindspring.com>, "sas-l@listserv.uga.edu" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> > >Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Updat...

Re: SAS 9.2 Phase 2 #2
That is correct -- Phase 2 updates the "Foundation" products (Base SAS, SAS= /GRAPH, etc.), and also I believe is the first release for BI and some othe= r server-based products like that. (We don't license these, so I haven't lo= oked into this in detail.) My understanding is also that the "foundation" p= roducts must be completely reinstalled going from Phase 1 to Phase 2. If your bug is in the Problem Notes, you might be able to check there to se= e whether it is corrected in Phase 2. Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: D T [mailto:sasandstats@live.com] Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:33 AM To: Mike Rhoads; sas-l@listserv.uga.edu Subject: RE: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Phase 2 Is SAS 9.2 phase 2 the update to the first version of 9.2? I am waiting for= the update since there is supposed to be a correction to a bug within the = survey procedures ... can you confirm this? Also, if that's correct, how do= you get it? I couldn't find an announcement on the SAS website ... Thanks! D. > Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:23:27 -0400 > From: RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM > Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS 9.2 Phase 2 > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > > It is now shipping, at least in the U.S. as of last week, or so I've been= told from reliable sources. (I'm a little surprised they didn't make a big= ger deal of it at the conference.) > > I don't know about abroad. I've heard that new releases can be...

Re: SAS v9.2: The Download Challenge #2
All the disks, not including specialty products like ITRM, EM, etc. come to 16.1 GB. I know since I have ISO images ripped and stored. That said, the installer has loads of bloatware and duplication. If they could get that pared way down, it might be doable. I regularly download Microsoft images which can run over 4GB. The Microsoft downloader is great and it handles interruptions, delays, etc. Alan Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) Sent: Friday, November 0...

FTP problem in SAS v9.2
Hi, =20 We have a set of programs that use the ftp access method to get a = directory listing from a remote ftp server. =20 The program does not work in v9.2. The exact same program works in v9.1. =20 Our program looks like this: filename dir ftp '' ls user=3D'shaam' pass=3DXXXXXXXXX host=3D'10.206.1.67' prompt cd=3D'/In_from_shaam' debug; data dir1; infile dir; length fn $ 30; input fn $; run; =20 The messages we get are: NOTE: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO HOST 10.206.1.67. CHECK VALIDITY OF HOST = NAME. ERROR: OPEN FAILED FOR FILE DIR =20 ERROR: HOSTNAME 10.206.1.67 NOT FOUND. =20 Our program run on z/OS, but the same problem occurs on windows. There is no problem accessing the same ftp server from a native ftp = client, and ping works as well. =20 I have opened an issue with SAS. =20 Gadi =20 =20 ...

suggest: improve SAS Deployment Wizard for SAS v9.2, phase 2
> -----Original Message----- > To: 'suggest@sas.com' subject: OT: Friday Humor Ah, Too Many Choices! Knot what one who stares at the screen for a living needs nor enjoys! Based on my 48 hours of experience w/the New&Improved SAS Deployment Wizard I have the following comments and suggestions: * What do you think the vast majority of the installations that this setup.exe will be used for? [ ] servers [X] workstations Therefore the need for choice # 2 [previously known as: Select Deployment Task] Install SAS Software on: [ ] server [ ] workstation choice # 3: [ ] expres...

Re: Newbie SAS Array problem (take 2) #2
Hi Machelle, Nice, good. But you should also declare your arrays dxnum and diagnum as being of character type. And I would even completely avoid this kind of solution. I would use a format instead (with some arrays or some macro code). Create a format for your 46 diagnose codes, like: PROC FORMAT; VALUE $DiagFmt '4270' = 'Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia' .............and so on............. ; RUN; And if it is just for presentation then never create a variable with the textual diagnoses, but use the code variables (dx#) instead with the format. If you really n...

Re: SAS v9.2 Win Server x64 #2
So what kind of hardware are you running on? How is performance of Win 64 bit environment vs. a 32 bit (i.e. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition)? Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and Software Development Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) Sent: 07/30/2008 9:51 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS v9.2 Win Server x64 Here are some new Sys macro variables available on Win server 47 %Put &InfoPrefix. Host =%sysget(computername); PASS-INFO Host =WMT13-CTX-X64 48 %Put &InfoPrefix. DateTime =%substr(&SysProcessId.,1,16); PASS-INFO DateTime =41D6D80A71A8F5C3 49 %Put &InfoPrefix. WorkId =%substr(%scan(%sysfunc(getoption(Work)) 50 ,-1,\) ,4); PASS-INFO WorkId =4404 51 %Put &InfoPrefix. UserId =%upcase(&SysUserId.); 52 %Put &InfoPrefix. UserNmbr =%substr(&SysProcessId.,17,5);%*99,999; PASS-INFO UserNmbr =40180 PASS-INFO SysScp =WIN PASS-INFO SysScpL =X64_SRV PASS-INFO SysVlong =9.02.01M0P020508 68 %Put _automatic_; AUTOMATIC SYSERRORTEXT 6-2: Physical file does not exist, !SASlogs\rtrace\41D6D80A86B5F3B6-rjf2.log. AUTOMATIC SYSHOSTNAME wmt13-ctx-x64 see Host from Win e-var computername above AUTOMATIC SYSJOBID 4404 AUTOMATIC SYSODSPATH SASUSER.TEMPLAT(UPDATE) SASHELP....

Re: SAS v9.2.2 feature: ODS statement required
Ron (and others on SAS-L) This doesn't make sense. Something in a configuration somewhere has turned ODS LISTING OFF; in your scenario. By default, SAS has always run starting with ODS LISTING; and we would not change that on purpose. If Ron could email me a tracking number, I'll followup ASAP. I just don't want to alarm everyone else until we get to the bottom of whats turning it OFF at the CDC. Paul Paul Kent SAS R&D -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) Sent: Tuesday, February 1...

Re: tip: SAS v9.2 sql select distinct #2
man, that's SO cool. I am going to run this subroutine on every dollar in my pay check and send the result to my wife ^_^. On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) <rjf2@cdc.gov> wrote: > http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/f9_SBCS_whats_new.html > > F9BA29 for BASE SAS > SN-034460 ALERT - Incorrect results might be returned > when the COUNT(DISTINCT) function > is used in the SQL procedure > > yeah! > I was using a subroutine to count the number of levels in a dataset > and was getting numbers greater than the number of rows > when all values were blank or missing! > > Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -- =============================== WenSui Liu Acquisition Risk, Chase Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people." -- Isaac Newton =============================== ...

Re: problem when installing SAS. windows x64 does not support SAS? #2
Elodie, Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/16/568.html HTH, Art --------- On Wed, 14 May 2008 07:54:57 -0700, elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi everyone > >I am trying to install SAS on a Vista machine. > >The setup wizard says that Windows x64 does not support the SAS >version I am trying to install. > >What can I do? > >I greatly appreciate your help. ...

Re: SAS/DMS library default library allocations using SAS V8.2 on #2
The library allocations have to be stored <somewhere>, otherwise you wouldn't continue to get the prompt. You can look under your userid to see if it's there (though I suspect you've already done that), but a better question would be directed at the SAS sysadmin--ask them where these profiles/customizations are stored (the sasuser.profile is the generic one--your personal one is concatenated along with it). You may be able to see your session info under your userid tso log (shows usage information), though off the top of my head I can't remember if it captures al...

Re: Status of EG 4.2 and SAS 9.2 #2
This is truly shocking and sad. My guess is serious metadata migration issues are holding the "phase 2" release with the massive redesign of the metadata server... I really want this release for the production statistical graphics (we are server based with EG usage, so 9.2 won't work yet) and the new EG interface. Thanks for the replies so far, hoping someone else can provide a solid answer, but maybe there isn't one? Regards, Stephen On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Jack Hamilton <jfh@stanfordalumni.org>wrote: > It's been delayed so many times that everyone has given up predicting. > > -- > Jack Hamilton > jfh@alumni.stanford.org > Videtis illam spirare libertatis auram > > > > > > > On Sep 26, 2008, at 3:03 pm, JH wrote: > > Nobody has a scoop on "Phase 2" of 9.2? I too am waiting b/c I need >> SAS/QC and we can't upgrade our server install until Phase 2 with 9.2 >> of /QC is out. >> >> What are the leaks about when we'll really see it? At SGF, I heard >> "Fall 08" and last I spoke with a birdie I heard "early 09". Anyone >> else more knowledgable? >> >> >> On Sep 25, 10:55 am, step...@STEPHENMCDANIEL.US (Stephen McDaniel) >> wrote: >> >>> Can anyone give me insight as to the release timing of SAS 9.2 >>> (Server) with >>> EG 4.2? This year, early next year, etc. ...

Re: SAS v9.2.2 feature: ODS statement required #4
summary: corrupted registry files, somewhere action taken: uninstalled and reinstalled SAS status: "Fine!" I knew I was up the creek, w/out a paddle, when I could not start a session! "submit in batch, only?" I could probably get a lot -- 99.44% -- of my work done w/that limitation. Ron Fehd the batched maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Re: SAS v9.2.2 feature: ODS statement required #3
There are a couple of ODS statements potentially in play here, assuming you can use an AUTOEXEC.SAS or a suitable substitute (such as the -INITSTMT option). As Tom notes, ODS LISTING CLOSE; can be used to close the listing destination -- useful if you have moved beyond that. ODS RESULTS OFF; will specifically turn off having ODS output go to the Results window. Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tom Abernathy Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:48 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS v9...

Re: Please share: Updated PC SAS 9.2 phase 1 to 9.2 phase 2 #2
Jerry: your comment about JBoss indicates you're doing a server install you want to choose: Select Deployment Type ( ) ... (*) Install Additional Software http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/V9.2_Phase_2_install_guide check only these two Products (*) SAS Enterprise Guide ( ) SAS Formats library for Teradata (*) SAS Foundation Ron > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Jerry Davis > Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:12 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Please share: Updated PC S...

Re: Running SAS jobs sequentially in batch mode
Create a new "master" program, and %include all the production jobs in sequence. Note that unless you clean up work datasets and any macro variables created by each production job, subsequent jobs will not be starting in a pristine environment. It may be a good idea to include a new program between each production job to kill all work datasets and query sashelp.vmacro to create %symdel statements to delete macro variables. -----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Susie Li Sent: 2006, February, 09 1:55 PM To: ...

SAS/Warehouse Administrator Problem?? or SAS/ACCESS problem?? #2
hello, I've built a process in SAS/Warehouse Administrator, where i'm trying to extract distinct cities from the 3 tables(source schema) in Oracle into a new table (target schema) called CITY and again into UniqueCity (target schema) bcos of some redundancy. The process looks like this. Unique City | | mapping | | CITY ...

Re: Autoexec.sas file Dm"pgm;zoom;"; doesnot wrk in SAS 9.2 #2
Hi Ace, The PGM is the editor window up through v6.12 but also still exists today. For the Enhanced Editor you can use: dm editor 'zoom' wedit ; Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Investment Business Intelligence Investment Management & Research Russell Investments 253-439-2367 Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ace Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:49 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Autoexec.sas file Dm"pgm;zoom;"; doesnot wrk in SAS...

Re: Running SAS jobs sequentially in batch mode
I've never had this problem with a well-behaved job. Just what is causing the log to become that bloated? On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:14:50 -0500, Susie Li <Susie.Li@TVGUIDE.COM> wrote: >I have another question, somewhat related to this topic: > >Is there a way to save on resource when running a big SAS job by >suppressing the log file? Sometimes SAS refused to run farther being >bogged down by the running log generated... > >Susie Li >TV Guide >1211 Avenue of the Americas >New York, NY 10036 >Tel 212.852.7453 >Email susie.li@tvguide.com ...

Web resources about - Re: FTP problem in SAS v9.2 #2 - comp.soft-sys.sas

SmartPot Problems: Marijuana And The Internet Of Things
What happens when you combine cannabis, whose laws are changing almost daily, with technologies that are constantly evolving as well?

Corona Gets Ready to Rumble With Adrien 'The Problem' Broner
... presenting sponsor of "Premier Boxing Champions," gets ready to rumble with its spot featuring professional boxers including Adrien "The Problem" ...

Sanders Wins Millennial Women Two-to-One; Clinton Would Have Millennial Problem in General Election
Just some of the information from a new USA Today poll ( source ) by Gaius Publius Buried in a USA Today polling story with the headline "Poll ...

No Manuel! The Government Is the Problem. Not The Exits.
I find it difficult to publicly refute Manuel Trajtenberg. He is a man of high integrity and has done wonderful things for the State of Israel. ...

Ford has solved a problem for owners of its biggest pickup trucks
For a lot of drivers, it's hard to imagine life before cameras on cars and trucks. Rear-, side, and forward cameras have made parallel parking ...

Reports of voting problems surface in Florida primary
Some voting machines in the Jacksonville area were down Tuesday morning, and some Orlando-area reportedly ran out of ballots

Utilities lead: Why that's a problem
Utilities and telecommunications continue to post gains and are far and away the biggest gainers this quarter.

Vizio says new TV certification program has 'serious problems'
One of the most popular TV companies not in the UHD Alliance is Vizio, and turns out, it has some pretty strong feelings about it.

Apple cites iPhone, Mac security problems in rebuttal to FBI demands
In a lengthy legal rebuttal to the U.S. government, Apple yesterday deployed an unusual defense that its devices are susceptible to attack to ...